PDA

View Full Version : NEW video of FFIIIDS

jj984jj
07-13-2006, 06:44 AM
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nds&num=9037&main=nds

Direct Link:
http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ff3/ff3_topics_01.wmv

Note: The video is compressed to a resolution about two-thirds the DS screen's size, so the video looks like crap in full screen. Otherwise the game looks AWESOME!! :D

Edit: YouTube version (http://youtube.com/watch?v=mzr2C7GotBU)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2006, 07:04 AM
That's awesome. My favorite part is hearing all the redone music. They've really squeezed a bit of quality out of the DS synth, and those are some of my favorite songs in the series besides.

Rogue
07-13-2006, 09:19 AM
thats pretty cool but one thing about it wheres the rest of the group

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2006, 09:22 AM
In the remake, Luneth starts out on his own and encounters the rest of the party members one by one.

Elpizo
07-13-2006, 09:39 AM
The more I see of it, the more I want it.
The 3D is greatly done and I love the redone music. It is all quiet new yet I could recognize them all. I was a bit unsure about how they would do teh Boss Battle Theme, which sounded great in the original. I'm not disappointed with the new DS version, only I think that the 'climax' of the theme could have been done a bit, how should I say, heavier? Maybe a darker tune. But I like it. The Battle theme we couldn't hear much of because Luneth slaughtered the goblins too fast. But from what we could hear it sounded nice. Heck, I just say it all sounded freakingly good. I think the music of III DS will be one of the beyyer ones we heard for a while. The last perfect soundtrack I remember was the one from IX.
Ah, the joy I get from the thought to get all this neat stuff on my DS, it sometimes becomes too much... *Shivers*

Sefie1999AD
07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Looks great, the dungeons look well done, the battles look amazing, the boss was huge and the music sounds excellent. I like the ways the songs have been arranged, and while I didn't really like the NES version of the boss music that much, I thought this version sounded good. :) I wish that video had been a minute longer so I'd have heard the Opening Theme / Final Fantasy.

Omni-Odin
07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I can't wait to spend so much money to get a DS and this game. I never found a rom for it, and I can't as well play a game that is in all Japanese. So this will be my first experience with the story. Oh, counting down the days.

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
That was great:eek:

Angi-Kaiser
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Is it just me, or does the music right before the boss fight sound like a score from Threads of Fate?

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 09:23 PM
So I guess I can't save those spell items for the Giant Rat anymore. :cat:

Rase
07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Very nice indeed. Man, I can hardly wait until this gets released.

Evastio
07-13-2006, 09:59 PM
That was awesome!!! :D

But I still don't know if putting Luneth by himself at the beginning is a good idea.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
They probably make the monsters earlier in the game easier since you won't have as many people, but according to Wikipedia the other four youths are located in Uru, Sassoon, and Kazus, so that's like right at the beginning of the game anyway.

I like the new characters. :p I guess it's cool to give character to the regular 'warriors of light'.

Edit: Although I kept thinking Luneth was a girl this whole time...

Lexy
07-14-2006, 06:20 AM
I really like how the camera zooms out to provide the classic baddy on left, party on right view while you choose the commands, and then zooms back in to a more modern view while the commands are executed- I really like that! One thing that bothers me about the newer FF's is that, because the camera turns around the party in various ways, I sometimes waste time trying to find who is where on the screen. Not that wasting time would be an issue in this game, because there's no ATB, right (are they adding that?)? That just looks really sharp though, I like it.
Also, the music sounded wonderful.
God, I can't wait for this game. :D

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Nope, 100% turn-based. ;) :cat:

I personally can't wait to see how they 'modernize' the enemy sprites into model format. Especially Zande and the CoD.

Malboro_Menace
07-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Why does some of that music sound like the Seymour battles from FFX?

I look forward to this. Never played the original but I'm getting a DS soon so this will be on my list to buy.

abrojtm
07-15-2006, 03:07 AM
*Looks down* I think I just messed my pants. Sticky.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Is it just me, or does the music right before the boss fight sound like a score from Threads of Fate?
Why does some of that music sound like the Seymour battles from FFX?http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/nineteeninetyjeez.png

NeoCracker
07-15-2006, 06:18 AM
this game looks sweet. Definately have to pick it up.

Angi-Kaiser
07-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I know that it came first. I just didn;t know that they used FF III music in Threads of Fate... Oh well!

~SapphireStar~
07-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Those videos were nice, I love the music.

KentaRawr!
07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Absolutely need this game now. No question.

DJZen
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed with the music. The battle themes are too orchestral and lose all of their Italo-disco on crack vibe, while the dungeon theme is too twinkly. The crystal room music sounds good though.