PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quote??

eemica
07-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Whats your favorite quote?
It could be from an anime, video game, icon, movie, friend...WHATEVER!

Just a random quote.

Aralith
07-13-2006, 07:21 AM
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
~John Benfield

NorthernChaosGod
07-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Not my favorite, but one that I had handy.

To fear death is nothing other than to think oneself wise when one is not. For it is to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not even turn out to be the greatest blessings of human beings. And yet people fear it as if they knew for certain it is the greatest evil.
Socrates

jorge
07-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Squall FF8:

"I dreamt I was a moron"
"Then go talk to a wall"

BottledJustice
07-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I forgot who said it, and I'm too lazy to find out, but one of my favorites is:

If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell.
-some awesome guy

escobert
07-13-2006, 07:53 AM
"I don't need a life, I'm a gamer I have lots of lives"

Shaun
07-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Bert, that's a pretty good one. ^^ I like most of Squall's quotes too and I was going to say the "I dreamt I was a moron one."

Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite because of some of the hilarious quotes, such as:

Fujin: "RAGE!"

Seifer: "...Chicken-wuss."

Squall: "The true goal of SeeD is to spread the world with flowers."

Loony BoB
07-13-2006, 10:34 AM
"TK, your eyes are like peas and your drool makes a puddle on the floor like wine." ~BOU (GokuKid749876 [or something like that]) attempts to woo Teek.

Christmas
07-13-2006, 10:36 AM
"All the girls want the Meat Puppet" ~ Sammiebabe.

There are still a few more but my memory fails me. I guess I will try later. :(

Rengori
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
'We'll take the hungry, the poor, and the homeless, but we sure as hell won't take any freeloader.' - It was a member here but I forget who.

escobert
07-13-2006, 11:03 AM
"I never sleep cuz sleep is the cousin of death"
"currency made in trust of the mesiah, I'm spending it to get higher"
Both from Nas.

Nominus Experse
07-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Cowards die many times before their deaths.
~ Caesar

drunkymonkey
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Einstein.

Jojee
07-13-2006, 01:12 PM
I think I've posted these zillions of times before (didn't we have like 23498 of these threads? o_o) but here they are again!

"Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped." :p

"Are you a derivative function? Cos' I wanna be tangent to your curves."

"If you held eleven roses and looked in the mirror, you would see twelve of the most beautiful things in the world."

"A baby seal walked into a club." <-- I forgot who but someone posted that in the joke thread and I was highly amused. xD

Giga Guess
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
"I'm what you's call a "technical virgin." Could you sacrifice me to a volcano? Yes. Would I be the first choice to save a doomed village? Probably not."

"You don't even know what a hymen is!"
"No, but I know what a SKANK is!"

~War at Home

Captain Maxx Power
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
It's all in the reflexes.

Chris
07-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Accept the things you can not change. Have courage to change the things you can, and show wisdom enough to know the difference between the two.
:cool:

Loony BoB
07-13-2006, 02:11 PM
"If you held eleven roses and looked in the mirror, you would see twelve of the most beautiful things in the world."
Must be a very pretty mirror. :) *shot*

escobert
07-13-2006, 02:17 PM
"the foulest thing about time, it still ticks when you're gone" - Nature
"Ain't nothing changed just like time it's all a cycle" - Nas
"Try to freeze time that's why I iced the face of my watch" - AZ

all from the song Time

daggertrepe
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
"Are YOU Trepe Enough?"

-Me :p

bipper
07-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I rotate em in my sig a bit; My personal favorites are:

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
George Bernard Shaw

The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.
Will Rogers

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
Oscar Wilde

The hotter the forge, the stronger the iron
Bipper

Stand tall in your convictions like a Seaside cliff; Because crumbling will make you a beach.
Bipper

Of all the animals, man is the only one that lies.
Mark Twain

Capital punishment is as fundamentally wrong as a cure for crime as charity is wrong as a cure for poverty.
Henry Ford

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Albert Einstein

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.
John Maynard Keynes

Those are all pretty much my favorites :)

DarkLadyNyara
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
'We'll take the hungry, the poor, and the homeless, but we sure as hell won't take any freeloader.' - It was a member here but I forget who. It was DocFrance. :D I had that in my sig for a while.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Einstein.
Easily one of my favorites. I use it alot.

Another of my favorites- "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." One of the members on the GameFAQs Dawn of Souls board said that in a discussion. :D

I have several from on my home computer, but I'm at school now. :( I'll post more later.

Nephiliam
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
"I've always wanted to trip on a banana peel and fall on my face."
-Osaka from Azumanga Daioh

YTDN
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
'There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for anf why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizare and inexplicable.

There is another theory that states that this has already happened.'- Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

'Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some, much bigger than that, in fact really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real 'Wow, that's big!' time. Infinity is just so big that by comparison, bigness itself looks really titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept we are trying to get across here'- The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Glaxy's definition of Infinity.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-13-2006, 06:58 PM
"Wise men don't need advice. Fools don't take it."
-Benjamin Franklin

"All of the people in my apartment are insane. The guy next door makes synthetic hairballs for ceramic cats. The woman above me once tried to rob a store...with a pricing gun. She said, 'Give me all of the money or I'm marking down everything in the store!'"
-Steven Wright

"From the moment I picked your book up from the moment I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday, I intend to read it."
-Groucho Marx

DarkLadyNyara
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Best quotes from this site-

Apocolypse? Fire raining from the sky? Demons rising from the depths of hell? The end of civilization as we know it!?
I'll probably sleep.
-TurkSlayer

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-The Abominatrix

The good(?) thing about concepts like Heaven is that you can make up any crap you want and your idea of Heaven will be just as valid as everyone else's. I think in Heaven we'll all be cows. There will be everlasting cud for all and warm mud to soothe your aching hoofs.

I don't believe in heaven. There's no reason to.
-Dr Unne

[Satan] introduced me to women, s</>ex, drugs and alcohol. This God you speak of sounds dull.
-Cuchulainn: in a thread on Satanism

A place filled with nothing but extremely happy people, with nary a trace of individuality or free will among them.

As far as I'm concerned, heaven is just as bad as hell in this regard. And even the very idea of heaven irritates me.
-Jebus, on Heaven

"If an important part of your culture is what WAL*MART decides to call the teenager they pay minimum wage to stand around in a bunny suit for a couple weeks a year, I pity you and your culture."
- Dr Unne, on the "Spring Bunny"

Medi
07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
"'Pwned?' You people need to learn how to spell." - Prick in one of the Yahoo! games lounges.

Venom
07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
"Look at me being serious!"

daggertrepe
07-18-2006, 08:21 PM
[Satan] introduced me to women, s</>ex, drugs and alcohol. This God you speak of sounds dull.
-Cuchulainn: in a thread on Satanism

A place filled with nothing but extremely happy people, with nary a trace of individuality or free will among them.

As far as I'm concerned, heaven is just as bad as hell in this regard. And even the very idea of heaven irritates me.
-Jebus, on Heaven

Wow those quotes anger me. :mad:

Laugh at face of Danger
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
' "Knock Knock," said the door, because the door talked. '
- some dude who liked the word because

DeathKnight
07-18-2006, 09:10 PM
"DeathKnight.....you're the best person ever!ever!ever!Eeeeeeveer-yeah!"

:kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer:

Alive-Cat
07-18-2006, 09:13 PM
"Please, just...just leave me alone. I'll give you...money. Do you want money? I'll give you money, Sean, if you...just leave...you're...You're scaring me, Sean." - This really cool girl I know.

Decessus
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
"It’s kind of like buying your grandfather a 'number one child molester' shirt as a gag and then seeing him wear it with pride a few weeks later."
---
"Astos is a redneck. He lives hundreds of miles away from civilization and likes RUBbing people who give him jewelry."
---
"Such promises! Knowledge, justice, progress. What value hold these without conflict? What is a life devoid of strife?"

"PEACEFUL? And that's not so bad in my book."

"I didn't know you could read."
---
"...so I tore off my clothes and saw I was harder than trigonometry."

DeathKnight
07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
I wonder who's actually gonna read this quotes :nonono:

anyway, I like your quotes people :lie:

Hambone
07-18-2006, 09:34 PM
"My name is Sailor Moon, and in the name of the moon, I shall punish you!"-Sailor Moon

Decessus
07-18-2006, 10:29 PM

You know, you're like the A-bomb. Everyone's laughing, having a good time, and then you show up-- BOOM! Everything's dead.

DeathKnight
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM

"You know, you're like the A-bomb. Everyone's laughing, having a good time, and then you show up-- BOOM! Everything's dead."

:whimper:......k

lady yunalesca
07-18-2006, 10:34 PM
you can tell the angels in heavan that you never saw evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man that killed you.

chris walken - true romance!!!

thats awsomeness!!!!!!

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-18-2006, 11:52 PM
"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

Distain
07-19-2006, 12:56 AM
To fear Death is to limit Life

Black Angel
07-19-2006, 12:59 AM
"Who did you say was small like a grain of rice and doesn't show up in your eyes?!"
"Who did you say was a super-ultra short kid?!"
"Who did you call an ultra hyper midget?!"
"Who did you call miniature size?!"
"Who did you call a shorty who's so small that he's barely visible and hard to target?!"
"Who did you call a shorty that has to be looked through a magnifying glass to actually be seen?!"
"Who are you calling a bean?!"
"Who are you calling a super midget that makes you want to step on him?!"
"Who are you calling a tiny bug that escapes the wrath of a shoe because he's so small that he fits in the grooves and can't get squashed?"
"Oh yes, I'm so small that you can't see me amongst the grains of sand, like always--!"

~ All Edward from FMA. :D

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Hah. Did you get that first one from my sig?

My favorite is by Voltaire.

'I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'

Or

'But I'm just so cute.' My girlfriend says that one a lot. I think that is how she wins all of our fights. lol.

Blitz Ace
07-19-2006, 01:32 AM
"Your mum goes to college"

Ramza Beoulve
07-19-2006, 02:05 AM
"Such beauty they hold, these tears of sorrow. But are you worthy to shed such tears? The human race, fearful in its weakness, built this world in a futile attempt to elude the abyss they call mortality. Culture…civilization…all delusions created by a powerless race, and of little use, like a barren woman. But amidst all this, you continue to exist as an unfettered soul, free from the shackles of flesh and blood… A completely pure consciousness… An eternal spiral, undefiled by impurities… a fusion of fire, breath, and spirit… What can we call you…but angels? New, unadulterated psyches… But what you lack is reality. And that is what I shall provide you with…!"-Albedo

"Do you know what he said while he coughed up his lifeblood? "Except corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone." Wheat, eh? There's enough of it, we can afford to waste as much as we want. Like my head, you see?"-Albedo

"Free from the bonds of flesh. A pure consciousness has no true form. All that exists is the longing for reality"-Albedo

"Don't be so surprised; this is the power of will, a fundamental power that exists within everyone. What you are witnessing is simply your perception of it. And you know what? Perception and pain are but one and the same. So... go ahead... Feel my pain for yourself!"-Albedo

"For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world."-Albedo

Zulehan
07-19-2006, 02:48 AM
I collect quotes as a hobby, and the following are among my favorites from a huge selection I've gathered:

Judgment at Nuremberg[/i]"]Ernst Janning: "Judge Haywood... the reason I asked you to come. Those people, those millions of people... I never knew it would come to that. YOU must believe it, YOU MUST believe it."
Judge Dan Haywood: "Herr Janning, it came to that the first time you sentenced a man to death you knew to be innocent."

Daria[/i] (Episode #211: "See Jane Run")"]Jane: "Tell me that at least I have my integrity."
Daria: "Integrity is a funny word."
Jane: "Well, then, at least tell me I'm marginally less corrupt than the jocks."
Daria: "You refused to participate in a crooked system where good grades are exchanged for athletic performance. But you didn't try to reform the system, either."
Jane: "For fear of complete teenage exile."
Daria: "Right. So the system continues, you haven't redeemed yourself, and we're ostracized anyway."
Jane: "Come on, now, stop trying to paint a rosy picture."
Daria: "You know what?"
Jane: "What?"
Daria: "They really ARE preparing us for the real world."

A Man For All Seasons[/i]"]Roper: "Arrest him!"
More: "For what?"
Roper: "He's dangerous!"
More: "Libel. He's a spy!"
Roper: "That man's bad!"
More: "There's no law against that."
Roper: "God's law!"
More: "Then God can arrest him."
Roper: "While you talk, he's gone!"
More: "Go he should, if he were the Devil, until he broke the law."
Roper: "Now you give the Devil benefit of law!"
More: "Yes, what would you do? Cut a road through the law to get after the Devil?"
Roper: "Yes. I'd cut down every law in England to do that."
More: "And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned on you... where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted with laws from coast to coast... Man's laws, not God's, and if you cut them down...
...and you're just the man to do it...
...do you really think you could stand upright in the wind that would blow then?"
Roper: "Yes."
More: "I give the Devil benefit of law for my own safety's sake."

On Liberty[/i]"]Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.

The Devil's Dictionary[/i]"]Accident, n. An inevitable occurrence due to the action of immutable natural laws.

Children of Dune[/i]"]I give you the desert chameleon, whose ability to blend itself into the background tells you all you need to know about the roots of ecology and the foundations of a personal identity.

The Sword of the Lictor[/i]"]The brown book I carry says there is nothing stranger than to explore a city wholly different from all those one knows, since to do so is to explore a second and unsuspected self. I have found a thing stranger: to explore such a city only after one has lived in it for some time without learning anything of it.

The Devil's Dictionary[/i]"]Selfish, adj. Devoid of consideration for the selfishness of others.

A Chosen Faith[/i]"]The great end in religious instruction, is not to stamp our minds upon the young, but to stir up their own; not to make them see with our eyes, but to look inquiringly and steadily with their own; not to give them a definite amount of knowledge, but to inspire a fervent love of truth; not to form an outward regularity, but to touch inward springs; not to bind them by ineradicable prejudices to our particular sect or peculiar notions, but to prepare them for impartial, conscientious judging of whatever subjects may be offered to their decision; not to burden memory, but to quicken and strengthen the power of thought

The Phases of the Moon[/i]"]For separate, perfect, and immovable
Images can break the solitude
Of lovely, satisfied, indifferent eyes.

8-bit Chronicles[/i]; 8-Bit Theater"]Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Mum
07-20-2006, 05:28 AM
I love lots of quotes and have been collecting them since I was about 12 years old - but my favourite would have to be:
" My goal is not live long, but to live NOW!"

Thorn
07-20-2006, 05:33 AM
I like the verse from the bible.

~As I walk through the Valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for God is with me.

One of few bible verses that really inspire me and actually makes me more brave when i'm scared.

(I know it's customary to supply the verse number and section of bible, but I've honestly forggoten)

Though I also like John 3:16

~For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever beleiveth in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.

That's a good one, but not nearly as good as the first.

A NON bible one is this one.

~ Not all that wander are lost -Aragorn, lord of the rings

And finally my favourite movie quote.

~All my life I have honoured one code, and the code is simple.

Honour the gods, love your woman, and defend your country.

Troy is mother to us all, FIGHT FOR HER! - Hector, Troy

Heehe..I like quotes.

Dynast-Kid
07-21-2006, 07:35 AM
"Love has no bounds.No restrictions.No limits.Love has no race,gender or age.Love is love."-Me

"You're only able to count your true friends on one hand."-My camp counselor a few years ago

"Knowledge is more powerful than bullets,knives or bad breath."-Me

I have a lot more but i'm to lazy to post them

Zeromus_X
07-21-2006, 07:50 AM
<3 @ Ramza's Albedo quotes

"There are plenty of stuffed toys like my body around, but there is only one me." ~ Kitten Sith

"I'm gonna paint your portrait!" ~ Relm Arrowny

"Restore lost time in a spiral line! Quick!" ~Various FFT Time Magicians

"This is sickening! You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!" ~ Kefka

"I don't give a damn about avenging Miluda's death." ~ Wiegraf

"You're just a spoiled kid who doesn't understand how the world works!" ~ Gafgarion (I think...)

"What a fuddy duddy!" ~ Relm Arrowny

"I will become a god, to rule over every living soul." ~ Sephiroth

"Life...dreams...hope...where do they come from? And where are they heading? These things...I must destroy!" ~ Kefka

"The end comes....beyond chaos" ~ Kefka

"But if I died, then everyone else would live! That wouldn't be very fair, would it?" ~ Kuja (I think...)

"You spoony bard!" ~ Tella

And finally, the one you've all been waiting for...

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!" ~ Garland :cat:

Paranoid Android
07-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Favorite quote-

"I was raped by a doctor, which is such a bittersweet experience for a young Jewish girl."

-Sarah Silverman

Heath
07-21-2006, 02:57 PM
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

Dirk Gently in The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (Douglas Adams)

Though in all honesty there is an abundance of quotes that make me laugh a lot by Adams and many others, that's just a personal favourite at the moment, oddly one that doesn't make me laugh.

Avarice-ness
07-21-2006, 06:28 PM
"It's just a drinkable yogurt and she drinks them like they're shots!"
Followed by
"That is a really bad anology seeing as she's only 7 years old"
-
My sister said that 'bout my neice because my neice drinks the drinkable yogurts fast. My neice is going to grow up to take shots very well, thanks to DANNON DRINKABLE YOGURT! =D

BardTard
07-21-2006, 09:13 PM
"It's harder to argue with a moron than with a genius." -??

"The weaker they are, the louder they bark." -some guy I fought on Soul Calibur 3

Auragaea
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM
March 7: Today is March 7, Clown Day. I don't know why, but I'm afraid of them. When eating breakfast, I concluded that my fear came from the evil red mouth on a face painted white. To prove my point, I spread ketchup over my mouth and covered my face with soap suds in the bathroom. Oh, my! Was that a scary sight...

March 11: Today is March 11, Fingernail Day. A man who swore not to bite his nails anymore applied lethal poison to his own nails. But when he was washing his hands, he accidentally scratched himself. The man was found dead in his house the next morning. The townspeople who learned of his death honoured the man as an example to avoid doing anything so extreme.

August 22: Today is August 22, Chemistry Day. My hypothesis was that mixing red wine with white wine would produce rose wine, but for some reason it didn't work out that way. So, I gave up on my experiment and started whining instead.

September 10: Today is September 10, Say No to Chugging Day. A mother was cooking sauteed leek and liver. She always used milk to drain the liver of blood. One day, her son came home and, assuming it was strawberry milk, chugged down the whole thing. The poor boy fell unconscious from the unspeakably horrid taste. So please, heed the lesson of the day... And say no to chugging.

October 11: Today is October 11, Cool Day. If you can declare yourself cool with a straight face at the movie theater, you'll get a discount today. Try it. It's harder than you think.

October 12: Today is October 12, Fat Ego Day. Having a big ego is one thing, but a fat ego is even worse. You can hide big egos if you try, but you can't hide if you're fat...

October 13: Today is October 13, Build Your Own Shelf Day. I went to my local home furnishings store and bought a shelf kit. The only instructions on the box said, 'Assemble yourshelf.'

November 12: Today is November 12, Acorn Day. I was bored today so I gathered acorns and lined them up. Some were fat, some were long. It turned out looking like a miniature diagram of life.

December 10: Today is December 10, Shame Day. Today, you are to do the most shameful thing you are ashamed to do. Sounds masochistic to me. My most shameful thing is to write letters to storybook characters in the form of a book report.

December 27: Today is December 27, Slumber Day. Sleeping is one of the three necessities of man. What are the other two? Eating and playing, of course!

December 28: Today is December 28, the Day of Light. You often hear heroic tales ending with the hero disappearing into the light. If you think about it, being a hero is a terrible occupation that won't let you go peacefully in your sleep when you die.

December 31: Today is December 31, New Year's Eve. Feeling that tomorrow is a new year gets me excited. Maybe it's because I can leave my unlucky year behind and make a fresh start. In that sense, you can call New Year's Eve the day with the highest population of people with depraved thoughts.

Shiny
07-21-2006, 11:37 PM
"Do not go where the path may lead (the path most traveled), go instead where there is no path and leave your own trail." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"He that is of the opinion that money will do everything may well be suspected to do everything for money." ~Benjamin Franklin

"If you want everything, you'll end up with nothing." Lulu, Final Fantasy X

"We hate too much and love too little." ~Unknown, Taken from the Columbine email chain poem

"Religion is just hope that life will be better than the one you're living now."

Jebus
07-21-2006, 11:58 PM
"Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it ... or because it is traditional, or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings -- that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" ~ Douglas Adams

"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority. The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong. All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who have doubted the current moral values, not of men who have whooped them up and tried to enforce them. The truly civilized man is always skeptical and tolerant." ~ H. L. Mencken

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." ~ Voltaire

Moon Rabbits
07-22-2006, 12:02 AM
"Please write again soon. Though my own life is filled with activity, letters encourage momentary escape into others' lives and I come back to my own with greater contentment."
--Elizabeth Hailey, "A Woman of Independent Means"

DanteV9
07-22-2006, 01:00 AM
"Dah, child's play." - Blood Mage, WC3 TFT.

Kuroshima
07-22-2006, 01:10 AM
"never shall inncoent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.
the three shall spread their blackened wings and be the striking hammer of god."

DanteV9
07-22-2006, 02:16 AM
"I met a nice girl, so I danced." Hatake Kakashi, Naruto.

fallen_angel9000
07-23-2006, 10:39 PM
my friend said this once:

"don't make me open up a can of whup-ass on you!"

now i use it almost daily:D

Spiffing Cheese
07-23-2006, 11:11 PM
"My god, you're ugly." - Basil Fawlty, Fawlty Towers. :love:

And I kinda like "Just because this is never going to work, there's no need to be negative," which Giles from Buffy says.

Sylvie
07-23-2006, 11:35 PM
"If begging for you means living.... then I'll stand proudly and die!" - Mugen, Samurai Champloo

"Ya know, when people talk to me like that, it kinda pisses me off." - Mugen (I use this quote :D)

"Bring us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses -- OH WAIT, WE CHANGED OUR MINDS LOL SUX 2 B U" - I don't know, it was in MILF's sig.

Aradae
07-23-2006, 11:40 PM
"We require more vespene gas"
-Starcraft

"LEEEERRROYYY JEEENNKKINNNS"
-Some random idiot

"Space ... is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space"
-Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

DanteV9
07-23-2006, 11:46 PM
"LEEEERRROYYY JEEENNKKINNNS"
-Some random idiot
Haha, I love that one too.

Roto13
07-24-2006, 05:53 AM
I'll be pretentious and quote myself.

What? You want to be like a pro-wrestler because they're masculine? News flash: putting on a pair of panties before you grease yourself up and grab some other big, greasy man so you can roll around on a mat with him does not make you a lumberjack.

Flea
07-24-2006, 06:23 AM
"The Buddhists say we come back as animals and they refer to them as lesser beings. Well, animals aren't lesser beings, they're just like us. So I say f*** the Buddhists."
- Björk.

"I am not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief is positively harmful. Reviewing the false claims of religion, I do not wish, as some sentimental materialists affect to wish, that they were true. I do not envy believers their faith. I am relieved to think that the whole story is a sinister fairy tale; life would be miserable if what the faithful affirmed was actually the case."
- Christopher Hitchens

"If I thought the Jews killed God, I'd worship the Jews."
- Bill Hicks

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. Working men of all countries, unite!"
- Karl Marx

Just some of the good ones, that I could think of now :)

NorthernChaosGod
07-25-2006, 04:50 AM
There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.
-Jules Pulp Fiction

-Riku-
07-25-2006, 04:53 AM
the door is opening- Riku

Dude1972
07-25-2006, 06:42 AM
This is from the movie The Fast and the Furious:

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those 10 seconds or less...I'm free.

I Took the Red Pill
07-25-2006, 06:44 AM
"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

feona17
07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Hmm... the one quote I can't help but burst out laughing at is, of course from Family Guy when Stewie gets drunk!

Brian: "You're drunk."
Stewie: "You're sexy!"

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-25-2006, 02:01 PM
death comes to thos who i say need to die~me

the words i say cant tell you how much i love you, but the words i can say cant ether~ me

love can mean forever but so can death~ me

Rocket Edge
07-25-2006, 02:26 PM
'They got money for wars but can't feed the poor' - Tupac Shakur, 1992

Lost Number
07-25-2006, 05:26 PM
"I really cant see the Poles scoring...oh NOOOO i just have..." NI Manager, in a match against Poland, 0-0 in the last 5 minutes.

Reine
07-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Why do you try to involve me? I just want to be somewhere quiet alone

.hack

black_cloud
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
:love: "When Angels Are Forced Out Of Heaven They Become Devils,Don't You Agree Spike?"

From Cowboy Bebop,I Believe Episode 5,Were Vicious Quotes That(^) To Spike.
Cowboy Bebop Rocks.:love:

BardTard
07-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Proper grammer can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

I don't remember where I heard that but I was lmao at the time.

Omnislash07
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
"if you think money doesn't buy everything then you obviusly don't have enough yet" - me

"some people fear death, some seak it, but some like me don't think about it and then just accept it when it comes" - me

"your mom" - me

Blitz Ace
07-27-2006, 01:40 PM
"if you think money doesn't buy everything then you obviusly don't have enough yet" - me

along the same lines as this quote...

HOMER: "He has all the money in the world, but there's one thing he can't buy!"
MARGE: "What's that Homer??"
HOMER: "......... a... Dinosaur!"

daggertrepe
07-27-2006, 01:53 PM
"Meanwhile, I have to go judge models looking like Captain Hook..."

-Janice Dickinson

eemica
07-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Proper grammer can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

I don't remember where I heard that but I was lmao at the time.

rofl.

thats funny.

:D