07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I like..hm...white mages? :confused: never played that game lolol

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Hume Monks;)

Fuego
07-14-2006, 03:16 AM
I love Tarutaru !!!
and as for favorite jobs ... i love RDM !!!
so far i am at lvl 50 with it but Refresh is a godsend !!! Although i hate the fact that whm gets tele spells and blm gets warp and escape ... while Rdm gets shafted ... (in my opinion) so i have a 25 blm i am currently subin with my rdm ... it ROCKS !!! Although i am sorta at the same point with blm and whm ... i love them equally but ... mmmmm Rdm just makes me salivate :p

Lionx
07-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Male Mithra....oh snap.

Male Tarutaru / White Mage o_o

Garland
07-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Tarutaru Blm/Whm - I like the versatility. I had debated Blm/Whm or Whm/Blm prior to XI's PS2 release (even made a thread here), but when I learned Whm/Blm can only use a couple Blm spells from the sub, and Blm/Whm can use all but a couple Whm spells from the sub the choice was clear. I have top notch damage dealing, debuffing, crowd control and all the same cure spells that allow people to call Summoners a main healing job. I find it difficult to find another job that brings more to the table. That's just my incredibly biased oppinion, as my blm is 75 and no other job is higher than 37.

Markus. D
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Hume MNK/WAR

Bards, luverly bards.

Luc
07-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Male Tarutaru / Black Mage

Markus. D
07-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Taru Bards, Hume Bards, Galka Bards, Mithra Bards, Elvaan Bards.

there like the most awesomest class ever.

Duderman
07-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Hume Dark Knight

Alixsar
07-15-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm a hume War/Mnk right now and I like it a lot. I haven't gotten far enough to get Drk yet, but once I do I know I'm going to love it. I play my war/mnk basically the same way as I would play a drk, so I know it's going to rock. And black magic is hardcore.

Garland
07-16-2006, 03:35 AM
SE speculated on some positive adjustments to the Drk job, so you might be getting in on it while the job's at its best. Right now, it's not often optimal for drks to use scythes. If you like scythes SE says they'd like to encourage its use. (But if you prefer great swords, SE might disappoint you). Also, SE wants to curb warriors dual weilding 1h axes with /nin, and the most likely solution is a 2h weapon buff, which would help Drks also. I'd like to see more Drks and Drgs running around. On Quetzalcoatl it seems current fads run rampant. Everyone is a ninja or /ninja.

Del Murder
07-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Taru and Paladin are my favorites. Lv24 WAR...almost there!

Alixsar
07-16-2006, 08:44 AM
SE speculated on some positive adjustments to the Drk job, so you might be getting in on it while the job's at its best. Right now, it's not often optimal for drks to use scythes. If you like scythes SE says they'd like to encourage its use. (But if you prefer great swords, SE might disappoint you). Also, SE wants to curb warriors dual weilding 1h axes with /nin, and the most likely solution is a 2h weapon buff, which would help Drks also. I'd like to see more Drks and Drgs running around. On Quetzalcoatl it seems current fads run rampant. Everyone is a ninja or /ninja.

I was going to use a scythe mainly. GS aren't really good until higher levels anyway, so I wasn't too worried about it. And I'm way too cheap to play as a nin, so you don't have to worry about me being one of those people.

Lionx
07-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Scythe while good, you should also lvl GSword too, because it will be a pain in the ass to level that up before exping later. Skillups become painfully slow and i recommend trying to cap both on the way up to lessen the blow.

/NIN for DRK is fine in merit pts, or ballista, and certain end-game situations.

Markus. D
07-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Bards are food for the soul.

Ouch!
07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
/NIN for DRK is fine in merit pts, or ballista, and certain end-game situations.
DRK/NIN dual-wielding axes with max axe merits. Throwing out rampages at level 54 with souleater for over 1k damage. I think DRK/WAR would have been better, but I can't disagree with someone who can dish out that kind of damage and still not pull hate off the tank (I love you Armando).

Lionx
07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Lol i forgot about that...>_>; Although it makes sense that he held hate, almost every second he is gaining hate casting enfeebles as PLD/RDM @@;

Ouch!
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
He was PLD/WAR in that party, though. =P

Lionx
07-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Still Sweet X3 But thats why i never really question Omecle or Armando >>; they hold hate through things that you thought not possible @@

TidusMaster
07-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I like hume warriors and tarutaru black mages!

Kiwi Nazi
07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm a No0b lvl 17 Taru Theif!!! ^^
:eek: A taru thats not a magic user!! =)

dunno what i'll sub when I get there tho...

No.78
07-24-2006, 08:00 PM
I like elvaans cos they all look pissed off, and they're ridiculously tall, which I like. (Except I chose the one who's permanently happy which is kind of ironic)

And Blue Mage always has been and hopefully always will be my faviroute job, I was uber happy when I found out it was in TOAU! I was like, BYE BYE DRAGOON.

I just like the concept of collecting spells and basically customizing yourself with them to be uberous! (i made that word up cos I'm coo')

Rogue
07-24-2006, 09:57 PM
cool

strawberryman
07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Tarutaru, Black mage.

Vincentsinnerdemon
07-25-2006, 12:29 AM
My favorite is Galka MNK/WAR or MNK/NIN

but Tarutaru BLM owns the entire game.

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Whenever I do get this game, I'd like to be a Hume Red Mage. And then when I can get a sub-job, I'd be a Red Mage Corsair. I could fulfill my dream of being a Pirate Red Mage.

Someday...:cat:

dodhungry
07-25-2006, 11:55 PM
I like being a Hume MNK/WAR and about 90% of the time I have the most HP in a PT =)

I can't wait till lvl 30 so I can start on RNG....

Vincentsinnerdemon
07-26-2006, 03:03 AM
I like being a Hume MNK/WAR and about 90% of the time I have the most HP in a PT =)

I can't wait till lvl 30 so I can start on RNG....

Hah! I'm Galka MNK/WAR so i always have the most hp :p

Mikztsu
07-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Tarutaru ranger. No doubts about that. Ranger especially for end game HNM's such as Kirin. Corsair is very fun too. :)

Fuego
08-12-2006, 03:22 AM
I was in the most amazing party a little while ago ... it must have been jesus playing as a Pld ... (LMAO) because there were 2 nuke happy Blms in the party casting Freeze and (tornado i think) and none of them stole hate from the Pld ... plus i had to main heal + my normal Rdm duty (enfeeb, refresh, and debuff) ... wow ... it was sooo cool , i have gotta start lvlin' my Pld !

Mirage
08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Mithra all the way. I wish we had male mithras though :{. They're almost as versatile as humes too, but much cuter ;].

My favourite job eh.. I really haven't played too many different jobs. RDM seems really cool at higher levels though.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-13-2006, 02:05 PM
I am:
Female Hume DRK

I think are cool:
Galka WHM
Galka BLM
any Galka Mage is pritty cool to see.
Taru DRK are soo damn cute
Taru BST in thier cute little AF is so cute as well.
Taru PLD kick soo much ass

No.78
08-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Faviroute race is... uhhhmm... Elvaan I guess, cos they always look pissed off. (which is funny cos I chose the one who always smiled). And Blue Mage is my faviroute job because, well it always has been, you can basically do anything. I was so happy when it came to FFXI! I was like "lol bye DRG"

Rostum
08-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Taru PLD is my main, but I love anything Taru melee.
:love:

No.78
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
LOL taru + melee = OH GOD STAY AWAY

But sure whatever gives you kicks?

ScottNUMBERS
08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
I've only played as Elvaan so I really couldn't say what my favorate Race was.

As for my Favorate Job I've leveled THF, PLD, WAR, MNK, RDM, WHM so it's safe to say I really couldn't decide which is my favorate Job is as I haven't even tried half of them out yet. Out of the ones I've leveled Paladin is my Favorate Job by far and even though I haven't tried out most of them I still think Paladin will reign supreame on my favorate Job list.

Reasons:

The idea of being a Valliant Hero type character kinda tickles me inside.

Being able to aid people - I've saved so many lives.

I get party invites thrown at me by the truckload, even when I'm not seeking I get the odd invite.

I can use White Magic and PL my friends as they did for me.

Auto-Refresh :<3:

Invincible; This is like an AoE provoke only it gathers ten times more hate and makes you immune to attacks for 30 seconds.

The Armour available for Paladins looks brilliant.

Weilding a Sword is always a good thing in my book.

Paladin being a melee Job gets to listen to the wonderful battle music.

As a Paladin you are an important member of any party - members are overjoyed to see you join and sad to see you leave.

Conclusion: Paladin = :<3::<3::<3::<3:

I'd rather have a Taru that knows what he's doing, then some other race Meleeing that doesn't.

Besides they look so cute with their widdle Swords :jess:

Lionx
08-13-2006, 10:16 PM
With Juice i can use more MP than other races therefore holding hate better especially at lower lvls when only have Provoke, Shield Bash, and CureI/II(and to a lesser degree Holy Circle). This BLM spammed Bliz/Waterga the other day, and while it was tough i was usually able to turn in within moments or the BLM getting hit once(therefore losing hate...but he was really spamming). Granted it was at lvl 20, but it was good.

Garland
08-14-2006, 12:18 AM
As a Blm, paladins are my tank of choice. Different tanks bring different party strategies, and I dislike holding back. I have a reputation in my linkshell for treading the hateline and erring on the side of recklessness rather than caution with ample castings of stoneskin. What good is a blm who's afraid to cast, I say. With a paladin, that hateline is a little further away, which is more fun for me. Ninjas were better when I needed to cap my evasion for the level, though.

Taggerung
08-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Hume Drg... purple ftw!

chionos
08-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Most definately Galka
No matter what job I play I can take hate and not worry about it. I tanked the CoP Ouryu fight as blm in fact.
Thief...I spend a lot of time solo, and there aren't too many jobs that can easily solo VT endgame, especially w/out the need to rest afterward, and the chance to chain them...and I'm a newb so w/ some merits and better gear I'll be on IT soon. Solo'd Aquarius two days ago...not many jobs can do that.
Galka Blm....Anyone that's seen a Galka in a Demon Mask and Igqira Weskit knows how sexah galka blm can be.(or maybe just me) Had many pt's with taru hume or mithra blms that were doing more damage than me(not much really, RSE keeps Galka not far behind the others on mp/int) but would get 1-2 shotted, while I could handle taking the hits easily. I actually have taken hate a number of times just so I could use drain.
It's just really hella fun being Galka.
As far as just looking bad-azz there's not much better than Galka Sam in full Saotome, which is what got me started playing in the first place, a picture of Samurai in full AF.
It's also fun to see Galka Mnks w/ well over 2k hp, and Taru Smns with enough MP to last a lifetime.

Rostum
08-14-2006, 05:01 AM

Okay, just so you know. There are pleanty of brilliant tarutaru melee's around. I am a Taru 75 PLD, and I've been doing some end game stuff over the last few months -- with no troubles at all.

I also know pleanty of war, thf, rng, sam and drk tarutaru's that are absolutely brilliant at their job.

So forget about your concept of a tarutaru being a melee job.

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Most definately Galka
No matter what job I play I can take hate and not worry about it. I tanked the CoP Ouryu fight as blm in fact.
Thief...I spend a lot of time solo, and there aren't too many jobs that can easily solo VT endgame, especially w/out the need to rest afterward, and the chance to chain them...and I'm a newb so w/ some merits and better gear I'll be on IT soon. Solo'd Aquarius two days ago...not many jobs can do that.
Galka Blm....Anyone that's seen a Galka in a Demon Mask and Igqira Weskit knows how sexah galka blm can be.(or maybe just me) Had many pt's with taru hume or mithra blms that were doing more damage than me(not much really, RSE keeps Galka not far behind the others on mp/int) but would get 1-2 shotted, while I could handle taking the hits easily. I actually have taken hate a number of times just so I could use drain.
It's just really hella fun being Galka.
As far as just looking bad-azz there's not much better than Galka Sam in full Saotome, which is what got me started playing in the first place, a picture of Samurai in full AF.
It's also fun to see Galka Mnks w/ well over 2k hp, and Taru Smns with enough MP to last a lifetime.

YES! Finally someone who truly understands the underappreciated greatness that comes with being a galka!

Mirage
08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes, the cool thing about galka mages is that they aren't pussies :p, but that's about it.