PDA

View Full Version : Enya

Medi
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
What do you all think of her? I am listening to some of her music right now. She has some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard, it's so peaceful. and soothing to the mind.

My favorite song is Book of Days.

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
She has a track on the LOTRs OST doesnt she?
I think thats the only one I may have heard.

Medi
07-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah. I didn't know about it before, so I wiki'd her! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya Look in the "Music" paragraph. It seems her favorite books are of that series.

Captain Maxx Power
07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
You know what's shocked me? The fact that Chris didn't post this thread with some reference to Grace Jones doing an Enya cover or vice versa.

Polaris
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
In her song 'amarantine', she hs an angel voice! I love it!

Chris
07-13-2006, 01:35 PM
You know what's shocked me? The fact that Chris didn't post this thread with some reference to Grace Jones doing an Enya cover or vice versa.
You die now. >O <3

Enya is the best selling solo artist Ireland has ever produced, plus she's one of the best selling female artists in music history (60+ mill. records sold).

I love everything she's done from "Watermark" (my favourite instrumental track) to "I Want Tomorrow" (my favourite vocal track).

Her music is always soothing, and she's a classically trained piano player. She also record every single vocal piece you hear in her songs. She layers her voice, and it sounds like an angels choir.

I love her.

drunkymonkey
07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
She has a track on the LOTRs OST doesnt she?
I think thats the only one I may have heard.I was juat about to ask that. It's an excellent song.

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
That was a nice song, very tear jerking. She does have a nice soothing voice.

Breine
07-13-2006, 07:23 PM
I definitely think that she's got quite a talent, but I liked her more several years ago. In my opinion she's lost her flair a little, although the song, "May it be", that she did for The Fellowship of the Ring was a great song.

Germ Hamee
07-13-2006, 11:01 PM
I love Enya, although my enthusiasm for her died down a little when I couldn't find any videos of her performing live without lip synching. =(

Nominus Experse
07-14-2006, 12:55 AM
I will agree with most - Enya does indeed have a wondrous voice. So soothing, so tranquil and calming...

The sad thing is that until Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, I had never really heard of her, and had never actually listened to any of her songs. In many ways, I'm glad that "May It Be" was so publicized.

Arrianna
07-14-2006, 01:23 AM
It's not the same but Clanned (who are related to her) have a similar sound. I just love most the "new" Celtic, artists especially Enya.

BG-57
07-28-2006, 04:25 AM
I love Enya's music and I have some pretty obscure albums, including the soundtrack to the Frog Prince. The music is smooth jazz and she only sings in a few of the songs, but it somehows fits.

I'm annoyed that there's no video collection of hers available in the U.S. Moon Shadows is long out of print and a best of collection is not available in non-PAL format. What's up with that? Some conspiracy of Enya-haters in the States? :mad: