PDA

View Full Version : HELL YEAH

JKTrix
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0607/game060713a.shtml

I'm 20 years old, and got kinda tired of Pokemon after Gold/Silver, even though they were my first Pokemon games. Still, I bought the GBA versions since they were good games. I would have gotten a lot more life out of them if I had friends nearby with the games, but alas I did not.
Now, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl has been confirmed to use Nintendo's WiFi connection, so now we can play with people all over the *world*!

I've heard rumours of this being in there, and I even predicted myself that it would be a bad idea for them not to include WiFi. The DS games will utilize the GBA slot, so you can transfer your Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen Pokemon into this game. I have Sapphire permanently fixed in my Ltd. edition Famicom GB Micro, training my 'mon between rounds in Ouendan. Can't wait.

DeathKnight
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0607/game060713a.shtml

I'm 20 years old, and got kinda tired of Pokemon after Gold/Silver, even though they were my first Pokemon games. Still, I bought the GBA versions since they were good games. I would have gotten a lot more life out of them if I had friends nearby with the games, but alas I did not.
Now, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl has been confirmed to use Nintendo's WiFi connection, so now we can play with people all over the *world*!

I've heard rumours of this being in there, and I even predicted myself that it would be a bad idea for them not to include WiFi. The DS games will utilize the GBA slot, so you can transfer your Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen Pokemon into this game. I have Sapphire permanently fixed in my Ltd. edition Famicom GB Micro, training my 'mon between rounds in Ouendan. Can't wait.

Yeah, I'll be buying this game for sure! Just like you Gold and Silver where my first Pokemon games and after that Ruby and Sapphire. Unlike you, my I had my brother and a friend to battle with every now and then so it was happy times, but it's just as grea nonetheless.

When I heard this game would include Wi-Fi I went nuts! I mean, this is what we've always wanted. A real world with real people out there who want to battle and proof that they're actually better than us. It's like walking up to trainers but in real life, man it'll rock, specially in the beginning when everyrone's pokemon's are new and fresh. Can't wait for this game!!!!:D

And no...I don't think you can transfer your Ruby/Sapphire Pokemons to these newer versions....it'd ruin everything else(since there'll be new pokemon and all).

JKTrix
07-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Nintendo already confirmed you can plug in the GBA games to transfer over. Even the older games had methods to counter having Pokemon that were super strong early in the game. In LeafGreen, you can't transfer Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire until you defeat the Elite 4. In all the Pokemon games, I think that if you don't have a certain badge, monsters over a certain level will not obey your commands. So there are methods to counter-act having super strong Pokemon early in the game.

You can get all the previous 251 Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire by linking up with LeafGreen/FireRed.

DeathKnight
07-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Nintendo already confirmed you can plug in the GBA games to transfer over. Even the older games had methods to counter having Pokemon that were super strong early in the game. In LeafGreen, you can't transfer Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire until you defeat the Elite 4. In all the Pokemon games, I think that if you don't have a certain badge, monsters over a certain level will not obey your commands. So there are methods to counter-act having super strong Pokemon early in the game.

You can get all the previous 251 Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire by linking up with LeafGreen/FireRed.

Ooooh! hehehehe i didn't know that:D AWESOME! Then I can transfer all my cute Pokemon Sapphire Pokemon to Pearl hehehehe:cool: Thanks for the info man, I had my mind set on starting all over again and forgetting 'bout my old pokemon. Damn, I just can't wait to face other people. I wonder if they'll allow you to use the mic. :mog:

Elite Lord Sigma
07-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Seems like these games get better each day.

ljkkjlcm9
07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm sick of pokemon, yeah it was great, but how many different friggin monsters do there have to be? And how many remakes of games are they going to do?(that really annoys me) I'm one to collect everything and max out everything, and Megaman BattleNetwork has more than enough collecting for me to do. And Pokemon games are far more difficult to collect things in. SO I don't play Pokemon ever since my Gold version, and even that game I lost interest in part way. I even use to be one of those people that would see what every pokemon could learn, get a balance of pokemon and skills that could counter everything. But sadly, it got boring, and new pokemon won't change that. I'm sure it's great for all you Poke fans, but I'm done with it so eh.

THE JACKEL

Nick Schovitz
07-13-2006, 06:47 PM
How many more pokemon can they think of how many are there now 450? I remember back with Red and Blue and Red and Blue satisfied me enough, Gold and Silver were okay, but they lacked cheat codes that Red, Blue and Yellow had.

JKTrix
07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Multiplayer, my friend. It adds an entirely new dimension of enjoyment to the game. Previously, we were limited to those link cables, now there is no such limitation. I'd like to battle against the Japanese to see what their tactics are like, since they'd have had the game months before we do.

JKTrix
07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Double post, for the bump.

These 2 games will also support VOIP voice chat. Nintendo announced that they will be releasing a mic/headset combination soon, but there's already been one on the market for a little while (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-b8-49-en-84-j-70-1c2h.html).

Madame Adequate
07-14-2006, 04:17 PM
So, this is actually impressive enough to tempt me to get a hold of the relevant hardware. I've not played a Pokemon game in forever, but this sounds pretty nifty.

Malboro_Menace
07-15-2006, 02:58 AM
This is awesome. I've played/owned all games up to Crystal (soon getting Emerald) and loved them all. I've always wanted this to happen... dreams do come true :p

Hambone
07-15-2006, 03:25 AM
I've known about Diamond and Pearl for a LONG TIME. I'm not gonna get it because my brother would make fun of me and call me gay and retarded and everything else. Besides. Every Pokemon games is the same: Go to town after town beating the gym leaders and eventually gaining entrance to the Pokemon League.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-15-2006, 03:49 AM
I've known about Diamond and Pearl for a LONG TIME. I'm not gonna get it because my brother would make fun of me and call me gay and retarded and everything else. Besides. Every Pokemon games is the same: Go to town after town beating the gym leaders and eventually gaining entrance to the Pokemon League.

Since when is the taunting of others a good reason not to do something. If he bothers you, just tell him to go away and find a better way to waste his time.

Psychotic
07-15-2006, 03:57 AM
Double post, for the bump.Read #10. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_eoff_rules)

I used to love Pokemon, but I really am a Red/Blue purist, although I did quite enjoy Silver too. I won't be getting this, unless I see something about it I really like.

Erdrick Holmes
07-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Must... Get...