PDA

View Full Version : FFIX need help

loinharte
07-13-2006, 06:05 PM
just got FFIX just a couple days ago need strategy guide

(had a long time ago disc 4 big scratch...you know)

SeeDRankLou
07-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Several guides on gamefaqs.com are quite well made (surprisingly, usually only one or two is well done). There are also rather thorough guides about stat maxing, finding missable items, beating Ozma, and doing various challenges.

Don't bother with the BradyGames guide, it's moderately crappy and the stuff that you are suppose to look up on the internet as a supplement has been seemingly lost to the great rift.

-X-Trance_Kuja-X-
07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
why do people use Guides...I dont see the point..the whole point of RPG's is too explore discover and too level up, its more fun fidning your own way to beat a boss then some guide :rolleyes2

Chris
07-16-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't recommend that you use one, but if you must: Strategy Guides. (http://ffonline.com/ff9/guides.htm)

AdVenT
07-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Don't bother with the strategy guide, as -X-Trance_Kuja-X- said, the game's funner if you do it on your own.

Tainted Angel
07-17-2006, 04:29 AM
I don't recommend that you use one, but if you must: Strategy Guides. (http://ffonline.com/ff9/guides.htm)

'A. Tadeo' whomever that is is a god to the stratguideneedy.

I've for three reasons needed to rebuy FFIX.. (sad I know).

However each time that guide is a godsend. Wonerfully buiilt, well laid out. I love it.

loinharte
07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
thanks

SeeDRankLou
07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
why do people use Guides...I dont see the point..the whole point of RPG's is too explore discover and too level up, its more fun fidning your own way to beat a boss then some guide :rolleyes2
I wonder how many people in the world would have known of the mere existence of the Excalibur II without the guide. I wonder how many people would have known to do the jump rope long enough to do 1000 jumps and get the King of Jump Rope (not that many people did that in the first place, but still). I wonder how many people would find the Namingway Card in the chaos of the Desert Palace segment. Some of us would like to find and do everything in the game, and sometimes the creators of these games hide their secrets a little too well. Thus the guide. Also, after you play the game once and you wish to play it again, you can know beforehand a lot of little information about the area that will help you in the long run. Not everyone who uses a guide uses it from when they first start their first playthrough.

Not to mention, some people get stuck. It happens.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Yup. Sometimes you wanna fully complete a game, but can't find that last piece of whatever. Damn it's annoying when that happens...

loinharte
07-18-2006, 06:48 PM
ya thats what i use the guides for

i dont euse them for main quests