PDA

View Full Version : Those behind it all.

Breine
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
So, who is your absolute favourite game developer and why?

bipper
07-13-2006, 07:37 PM
GOEgames! cause it is me.

outside of that, I would have to go square, unfortunately. I can't help but see nothing but a downhill spiral in store content since VI.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 07:40 PM
tri-Ace*, and all the many developers of the Tales series.

*ftw!!

Shoeberto
07-13-2006, 07:54 PM
To choose just one is tough. I guess I'll go with Valve.

JKTrix
07-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Nintendo, no contest. In fact, Nintendo should be automatically disqualified for being too godly.

So, considering Nintendo is disqualified, I'll go with Kojima Productions and Nippon Ichi for the tie. I'm not a huge Metal Gear fan, but there's no denying the quality of those games. However, Zone of the Enders is one of my favourite game series. If that was on the PS3 at launch, I would snap it right up.
Nippon Ichi's games have a real charming quality to them that surprised me. I like companies that do things differently.

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Eh, I would say Capcom. Horror and fighting games for the win. Square does follow.

JKTrix
07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Holy crap, how could I forget fighting games?
NAMCO beats out Kojima and Nippon Ichi, tyvm.
Tekken, Soul Calibur, Ace Combat, Time Crisis, Pac Man, I love those games. Namco for the win. Since Nintendo is disqualified.

NeoCracker
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I'll go with Namco, for the made Xenosaga and soul Caliber.

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Nintendo, Game Freak (for the pokemon GB games), Square, Namco and Capcom.

Samuraid
07-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Cyan Worlds and Blizzard are my 2 favorites.

Valve, Sierra, and Lucasarts (for their older games) come close.

KentaRawr!
07-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Nintendo. :p No doubt about it.

Hambone
07-14-2006, 03:11 AM
Square and Nintendo.

Cruise Control
07-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Bio Pandemic.

Lionx
07-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Nintendo: Various reasons...Zelda..Mario...<3
Closely followed by:

Capcom-SF, Megaman, etc
Namco- Klonoa, Xenosaga/Tales...@@;

Slicksword45
07-14-2006, 04:12 AM
my faveort 5-

Square - for FFIX! (and all the others. But mostly IX)

Capcom - RE4

Namco - Xenosaga, Tekken, Soulcalebur, Ace Combat.

Konime - Sudikoen

Blizzard - World of warcraft, Starcraft, Warcraft3
(god... SIMPLER NAMES PEOPLE!!!!!)

Yuffie514
07-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Square-Enix:
* Final Fantasy...Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
* Dragon Quest...Dragon Quest VII

Nintendo:
* The Legend of Zelda...A Link To The Past, Oracles of Ages, The Minish Cap
* Mario Party...Mario Party 3

Konami:
* Silent Hill...Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4: The Room

Capcom:
* Resident Evil...Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Level 5:
* Dark Cloud...Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud II
* Dragon Quest...Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Vermachtnis
07-14-2006, 06:28 AM
Capcom: Megaman Serieses, Resident Evil
Namco: Tales of..., Soul Calibur
Atlus: Shim Megami Tensei
Square: Chrono, FInal Fantasy
Azure: Shadow Hearts

Moon Rabbits
07-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Square for various.
Konami for MGS1 (and ONLY MGS1 >;O) and all the SH.

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Namco (Xenosaga!, Klonoa)
Capcom (MegaMan!!, RE)
Konami (CASTLEVANIA!!)

Everybody just forgets Castlevania nowadays u.u

DeathKnight
07-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Tough..but I'll go with Capcom, they've released SO MANY DAMN games I like it's not even funny, followed by Nintendo, SONY, Square-Enix, and the rest.

LunarWeaver
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I like Kojima(MG/MGS/ZOE), Nomura and Kitase (Yeahyeah), or the Monolith Soft(for my favorite,Xenosaga!) team even without Takahashi and Saga onboard. I praise Miyamoto for all he's done for the industry and for his games with Zelda and Mario and the like. I really like Shinji Mikami for starting the ever wonderful Resident Evil series and having his hand in Devil May Cry too. I know those aren't everybody responsible for the games or whole companies but meh.

Dreddz
07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Square Enix and Capcom.

drunkymonkey
07-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Blizzard. They may be complete bastards when it comes to releasing games, but when they do, they're the best games ever.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Nippon Ichi owns my soul.

Dell
07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Konami for Suikoden Series!

Reine
07-19-2006, 03:18 AM
Squaresoft/Enix/Square-Enix for great RPGs and so on

Tri-Ace for the most fun RPGs

Namco for the Tales games

Konami for Castlevania, Silent Hill and Suikoden

Capcom for Resident Evil, Chaos Legion and Devil May Cry

Blizzard for making games that never fail to be awesome

Fonzie
07-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Psssh Crapcom only gave us DMC:p

Tasura
07-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Acclaim had good NES games...

But I dont realy pay attention to the company really.

Rengori
07-19-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm split between Intellegent Desgins (Advance Wars, Fire Emblem) and Nippon Ichi (Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave). Though I'm leaning towards the latter.

Roto13
07-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Nintendo, for Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and scores of other games that become instant classics upon release.

Second would have been Capcom if they didn't whore out their series' so much. Instead, it goes to Namco for Tales of and Soul Calibur.

Slothy
07-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Square Enix - They've made some of my favourite games of all time: FFVI, IX, Chrono Trigger, as well as other stellar titles like Parasite Eve, and Einhander.

Konami - MGS is one of my favourite series of all time, and they make the only survival horror series worth playing, Silent Hill. Not to mention Castlevania SOTN, and the older Contra games.

Namco - They make it on here for Soul Calibur alone. Surprisingly, I can't even think of another Namco game or series that I even like.

And finally, Sony - I'm going to lump all their first and second party developers together since I can't be bothered to list them all. Sony gave me Gran Turismo, God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and the Jak series. In other words, they were making the first party titles I enjoyed the most this past gen (and in the case of Ico and Shadow, two of the best games I've ever played). Sony doesn't get nearly enough credit for the stellar titles it's developers have put out.

Polnareff
07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Most definitely Capcom.

They made my favorite platformer (Mega Man), my favorite fighting games (Project Justice, Darkstalkers, SF, and Cyberbots), my favorite puzzle game (Puzzle Fighter II Turbo), and one of my favorite RPG series of all time, Breath of Fire.

The thought they put into a lot of their character designs and games is pretty cool. And they're usually not afraid to implement new elements or use the existing game elements in a new way (cases in point, Viewtiful Joe, DMC, and Okami).

After Capcom it would either be Square or Nintendo for me. Then SNK. Then maybe Konami.