PDA

View Full Version : Which console do u think is the coolest?

Northcrest
07-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I think that the Wii is the best even do it has no competition with the PS3 or Xbox 360 I like the games
examples: Super Smash Bros Brawl, Sonic Wildfire, Super Mario Galaxy and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals (I think).

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 08:02 PM
I personally think the Wii because of the interaction. You get more involved with the game. Im sick of playing the 360 and the PS3 is just meh.

Galbadian Soldier
07-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I chose Wii mostly because most of the games that have been shown for it look sweet! Can't wait for SSBB and LoZ!! :love:

PS3: nothing has impressed me yet(not even MGS4 or FF XIII :eep: )

360: Uhhh... Halo 3 looks awesome!!! :D

Skyblade
07-13-2006, 09:55 PM
The Wii.

While the PS3 will have some neato new FF games, it also has a $600 price tag, so that one goes bye-bye.

And the X-Box sucks. Both the Wii and the PS3 will have good games that you can't play anywhere else (Wii will have Metroid Prime, SSBB, Legend of Zelda games, etc, and the PS3 has the FF series). X-Box has no such advantage. There are no worthwhile games that are unique to the 360 system. Why would I buy a 360 when I can play the same game on a different console that I am going to have to buy anyway (or on my computer)?

Ashley Schovitz
07-13-2006, 10:00 PM
The Wii's the best, well I might more appealing with it's new gameplay its price and the new feature of games its bringing. Haven'ty played Zelda in a really long long time.

bipper
07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Wii; the 360 might get some action. PS3 is turning into a joke.

Rase
07-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm looking forward to the Wii the most. I'm a big fan of Nintendo's main franchises, and the new control scheme could work great for FPS's (read: Call of Duty 3). There's also the Virtual Console to think of, and the fact that, and less than $250, it's the cheapest console coming out.

Next is the 360, as it has a number of games that look good to me (Oblivion, Halo 3, Enchanted Arms, Gears of War, Blue Dragon, etc). It's also the next cheapest, and the Live Arcade could easily keep me occupied between games.

The PS3 really hasn't had much that really excited me other than Metal Gear Solid 4 and Assassin's Creed. That, coupled with the high launch price, has put me off considerably.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Wii. While FFXIII looks delicious, we aren't paying a month's rent for a game console that will probably be defective anyway.

Dreddz
07-13-2006, 10:24 PM
PS3 = FFXIII, MGS4

People are lying to themselves saying they dont want a PS3, I'd chop off a limb for one...

Hambone
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
PS3 = FFXIII, MGS4

People are lying to themselves saying they dont a PS3, I'd chop off a limb for one...
You see, that's why you're my best friend on here, Dreddz. PS3 is da bomb. Even if it is expensive.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Given as they're not all out yet, nor have I even played the 360, I can quite honestly say that I don't know.

LunarWeaver
07-13-2006, 10:37 PM
The Ps3 looks the best to me, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to get one right away... Eventually I will, but I have to Wii it until then.

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Wii has a lot of games I want to play:D

Vincent, Thunder God
07-13-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm still saving up for a PS3, high price or no. I don't care about pricing, I care about quality.

KentaRawr!
07-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Nothing interesting on the X-Box 360 or Ps3 to me so far. Wii seems to be the best choice.

Roto13
07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
People are lying to themselves saying they dont want a PS3, I'd chop off a limb for one...
That's good, because they'll cost an arm and a leg.

*rimshot*

tidus_rox
07-13-2006, 11:27 PM
PS3 = FFXIII, MGS4

People are lying to themselves saying they dont a PS3, I'd chop off a limb for one...
You see, that's why you're my best friend on here, Dreddz. PS3 is da bomb. Even if it is expensive.
Yes! I dont really care how much it costs, i just want it cuz its Sony, and it looks amazing. So the PS3 has my vote

Roto13
07-13-2006, 11:32 PM
PS3 = FFXIII, MGS4

Yes! I dont really care how much it costs, i just want it cuz its Sony
Holy fanboy, Batman!

DS owns them all, so there.

Dreddz
07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Hmm, so when you root for Sony your a fanboy, but when its Nintendo, ohhhh no. Seriously, this thread is spewing Nintendo Fanboys.....stupid comment...

Roto13
07-13-2006, 11:45 PM
When you root for any company, you're a fanboy. Buying a console because of the company that made it is fanboyish. Yes.

ljkkjlcm9
07-13-2006, 11:55 PM
there's a difference between wanting something because of who makes it, and wanting something because of other aspects. I want the Wii because it's cheaper and has a new way of playing games.

I'm a fanboy of Square and Capcom though, I get most of their games for systems I own.

THE JACKEL

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2006, 12:53 AM
meh...

PS3 for me please

Slicksword45
07-14-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm getting PS3..... on day.

Dreddz
07-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Thats the spirit!

Psychotic
07-14-2006, 01:02 AM
At the moment I'm going to go for the PS3, although I'm also interested in seeing how the Wii turns out.

The 360 isn't something that appeals to me in any way though.

Shoden
07-14-2006, 01:10 AM
SEGA Megadrive > All those puny wannabes in the poll.

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Well seeing as I'm getting either a GB Advance SP or a DS soon, a Wii would be the logical choice. Along with the fact that its cheapest, and the SSBB and Zelda games look good. The only thing I'm worried about is the controller. But you never know, I might end up loving it.

But, all the functions the PS3 have and the games coming for it (FF, MGS and hopefully more KH!!!) will have me buying it as soon as it reaches the $500 mark (a drop of $500 here).

(Oblivion, Halo 3, Enchanted Arms, Gears of War, Blue Dragon, etc).

A few of those games will come out on PC so if I really wanted one of those I'd get it cheaper too. Xbox 360 just plain sucks and therefore loses.

JKTrix
07-14-2006, 01:17 AM
DS owns them all, so there.

Seconded.

The Wii is definitely the most interesting 'new' system *right now*, because the games available for it at launch are so much more appealing. You say 'MGS4!!!! FFXIII!!!!!!', but you won't be seeing those for a long time. When those come out, then yes, that'll be the time to get excited for it.

Xbox 360 is a lovely system, especially if you have Broadband and an HDTV. Geometry Wars ftw.

Rase
07-14-2006, 01:41 AM
(Oblivion, Halo 3, Enchanted Arms, Gears of War, Blue Dragon, etc).

A few of those games will come out on PC so if I really wanted one of those I'd get it cheaper too. Xbox 360 just plain sucks and therefore loses.
At the moment, the only one of those announced (and out) for the PC is Oblivion, and for some people (like myself), it'd be cheaper to buy a 360 than to upgrade their computer enough to play it at the same level.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-16-2006, 04:43 AM
For me it's the Xbox 360. Why? Because of Xbox LIVE. Also, the console has been out for longer than any other next-gen, therefore there will be more time for developers to "get use to" developing games for it. I personally do not play pc games, i hate them. Maybe a few gameboy roms and old school DOS games here and there, but other than that I hate playing PC games. Quite a few next gen PC games will most likely be ported to the 360 with the added feature of High Definition. And at the end of the year, I shall be purchasing a sexy HD LCD TV to go with my 360. :)

I am not interested in the PS3, it has just turned me off buying one, it's a joke. Even though I own other sony consoles, I'm happy to say im a proud PS2 owner.

The Wii is also a good console, but it does not interest me. I'd prefer to stick to a traditional controller and saying that controllers these days are to difficult to learn is just silly. xD Also, I've tried to get into Nintendo consoles before, but I just didn't enjoy it...I don't know why. I bought a Gamecube a while ago and quite a few good games, and I didn't like it. I sold it after 6 months.

Medi
07-16-2006, 05:18 AM
I used to like Playstation, by a feeble thread. Then its price was revealed. I now have no respect for it. I have always been against the stupid console that is the X-Box, so that leaves the Wii.

The Wii has, by far, the best lineup of launch (thanks roto13-ness!) titles: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, MP3: Corruption, SSBB, and even a Dragon Quest game. Plus, you are able to play Gamecube games on it, and buy and download NES, SNES, and N64 games to play on the Wii via Virtual Console. On top of it all, the best value ~ just 250.00 dollars. The games will also be 10 dollars cheaper than those of the other consoles. Oh yeah, then there is the unique controller found on no other console, it well definitely make gameplay much more exciting.

There isn't any competition.

escobert
07-16-2006, 05:19 AM
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :D

Madame Adequate
07-16-2006, 05:28 AM
I'm going to wait until I play them to judge.

That said, the 360 has Dead Rising.

Roto13
07-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, MP3: Corruption, SSBB, and even a Dragon Quest game.
Those aren't all launch games, though.

Medi
07-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Fine whatever, I'll change it :) They are all games for the Wii and it's still the best!

krayziesaiko
07-16-2006, 05:43 AM
I am somehow going to have to save up a very large sum of money and get them all, because I can't choose. Wii, because a lot of the new games are cool, and it has complete backwards compatibility, meaning I can also play all the old games I grew up with. Xbox 360, because if no other game besides Halo 3 comes out I will still buy it, and there are also several other good games I have read about. PS3, because of Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc.

I don't really give a crap about all the fancy stuff consoles themselves can do. I only care how good the games are.

Dragoon Kain
07-16-2006, 07:34 AM
can't wait for the wii to get here. the virtual library is amazing. i cant wait to play all my old mario games and other snes games again :D

ps3- i want a ps3. i will end up getting one for ffxiii buttttttttt im gonna wait on that one til the price drops. no hurry here.

360- xbox has never really interested me. i bought one for halo so i might get one for halo 3. they made a new far cry game for it and far cry is amazing so im sure ill end up buying one of these too. im a console whore.

Reine
07-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Wii will rock you

KentaRawr!
07-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Wii will rock you

http://wiiwillrockyou.ytmnd.com/

Indeed, Wii will.

AdVenT
07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
For me it's ps3, when i comes out it'll be awesome.

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Nintendo Wii looks very fun. That controller has the potential to change gaming forever. I am dissapointed with PlayStation 3 and I sold my Xbox 360...

AdVenT
07-16-2006, 07:14 PM
You sold your 360?!

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 07:47 PM
You sold your 360?!
Yeah. I bought one, it crashed within 5 months. Replaced it with a new one, and that one wouldn't read discs. I got so fed up with 360 that I just said "screw it" and sold it to GameStop. Luckly, they didn't put in a disc to test it out.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I like the Nintendo Wii Revolution because you can play Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, and Gamecube games on it.:) :kaocheer: I also like Playstation 3.