PDA

View Full Version : FF X-2 is not as bad as some people make it out to be

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I purchased FF X-2 a week ago. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I'm enjoying it so far. The only thing I found that was annoying was the beginning when they introduce the characters Charlie's Angels style. But so far I'm liking this game

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, yeah. It's still a very fun game. It takes like, three years for the story to kick into gear though. And the whole 'atmosphere'...ick.

Still, Job systems ftw.

f f freak
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't really see the problem with this game apart from lack of characters but they make up for that with the DS system.

Levian
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
No crappy storyline can get in the way of me enjoying the job system.

BG-57
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
The game's style is wrong for a sequel of FFX, but I still found a lot to like about it. Flexible jobs systems are always welcome and I liked a lot of the new characters.

feona17
07-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure there is a thread like this already...

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I loved it the day I got it (release day) and I still love it now.

Psychotic
07-14-2006, 12:58 AM
I agree that this game is criticised extremely harshly, usually by those who could not be bothered to look beyond "Oh it's girls in skimpy outfits preaching Girl Power!". That's not to say everyone who doesn't like it is like that, but generally speaking, it's often the case.

The only real bad things were some of the interactions between the characters, particularly the trio, as some of those were really cringeworthy, and a lot of the music wasn't up to the usual FF standard (although that's not to say there weren't some tracks I enjoyed), but other than that it was great.

The graphics? Lovely. A plethora of mini-games? Great. The battle system? Fast and easy to use. The job system? Fantastic. The story? Good. Yes, you heard, good. I can't see why a story of someone searching for a lost love is so unbearably terrible, and the sub-plots like Shuyin-Lenne and the Crimson Squad were also interesting to watch unfold.

I'd take it over FFX anyday.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-14-2006, 01:42 AM
from the moment i heard about this game, i thought it looked promising.

I now Own it, and have for almost a year.

I have nothing bad to say at all really. Even the really really corny scenes have made me laugh, which makes up for the drawbacks of those scenes.

Christmas
07-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Personally, I like the battle and job system but the storyline is too crappy for me.

Dell
07-14-2006, 04:32 AM
I didn't hate it and I didn't like it.

Setzer Gabianni
07-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Didn't like the whole Shuyin/Lenne thing, and searching for Tidus, too cheesy for me. I liked the New Yevon + Youth League stuff.

~Setzer Gabbiani

DeathKnight
07-14-2006, 07:48 AM

DITTO

the majority(males) don't like it 'cause they think they're so TOUGH and girls should not be girly/main characters:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

You bought this game KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWING what Yuna was set out to do! She wanted to see Tidus again, and that's what it's based on....so why the hell complain???? :irked: pisses me off when people try to portray this game as a STAND ALONE FF, IT IS NOT. It goes together with FFX, and it needs to be connected.

And Psychotic said it right, I shall now respect the guy more.

Setzer Gabianni
07-14-2006, 07:56 AM
It would be nice for once if you actually didn't shout at people who didn't like the storyline. Maybe they didn't like how it was set out? I do feel offended sometimes when you are targetting people like myself who don't like the storyline.

~Setzer Gabbiani

DeathKnight
07-14-2006, 08:05 AM
It would be nice for once if you actually didn't shout at people who didn't like the storyline. Maybe they didn't like how it was set out? I do feel offended sometimes when you are targetting people like myself who don't like the storyline.

~Setzer Gabbiani

ok..:-/ I'll see what I can do....but there are some people who deserve/d my judgement.

Sefie1999AD
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I liked FFX-2 when I bought it, and when I played it again last weekend, I still enjoyed it. :) The storyline isn't bad but I think it should have been more developed. The substories are great, though. The battle system with fast-paced ATB Battles and the Job/Ability system is a lot of fun, and it looked really great defeating Shuyin with a 29x Chain by Yuna's Trigger Happy and Paine's Black Sky. The music isn't the best but it's tolerable most of the time, and I still remember several good songs from the game. It was also nice to explore Spira and revisit all the places. :) While FFX left me somewhat unimpressed, FFX-2 was an enjoyable game for me.

Jessweeee♪
07-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I ruined the game for myself by going straight to the hotspots. I wouldn't recomend doing it. Takes away all the magic :(

Del Murder
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM

~Setzer Gabbiani

ok..:-/ I'll see what I can do....but there are some people who deserve/d my judgement.
Nobody here deserves your judgement. Keep dishing it out and you'll get banned. Simple is that. You have a hard time figuring out when to keep your e-mouth shut so maybe you should direct your judgement inwards and we'll all be better off here.

DeathKnight
07-16-2006, 01:40 AM

~Setzer Gabbiani

Nobody here deserves your judgement. Keep dishing it out and you'll get banned. Simple is that. You have a hard time figuring out when to keep your e-mouth shut so maybe you should direct your judgement inwards and we'll all be better off here.

When I say judgement, I mean "REPLY" simple as that. Replies are judgements we make 'bout others opinions, no???????:ciddie:

I'll ask Leeza if I replying to people is wrong, brb.

PS: And I didn't quote ANYONE which means I wasn't kicking/bashing anyone directly. I was referring to people in general(friends I know, people in other forums which I do go to O_O!!!! and critics even people here, but that's fine I'm sure)

Venom
07-16-2006, 01:51 AM
I'll admit that when It comes to X-2 maybe I am a tad harsher on X-2 as opposed to other games that deserved more critisism.

LunarWeaver
07-16-2006, 01:51 AM
It's a case of lost potential in many areas, but I still had fun and enjoyed it...so I don't think it's quite as bad as others say.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-16-2006, 03:21 AM
really its the same type of deal that happens with every Final Fantasy Game.

Many people think FF VI is great, i really dont care for it
Same with FF VIII

Some People DOnt like FFT or FFXI which i thought were both great.

XxSephirothxX
07-16-2006, 04:07 AM
Yuh-huh. The game's just fun, and that's what really counts.

Nominus Experse
07-16-2006, 06:55 AM
Yes, the storyline was lacking, but you also have to keep in mind that not every sequel can make an even better story than the one it's based off of. I love the world of Spira, and returning to it was never tedious to me. The battle system was incredibly fun to use, and worked as quicksilver would. In addition, the return of the job system was welcomed readily. I just found it somewhat odd that I enjoyed the subplot more thant he main plot, but that could just be me.

And the mini-games? Dozens, and many of them were enjoyable.

My only real complaint would be that of the musical score - it just wasn't what I was used to when it comes to Final Fantasy... I believe I enjoyed around five to ten tracks, but out of however many there were, that's not a positive ratio...

Overall, it's just plain fun, and really, isn't that a prime component when it comes to getting people to play and continue playing the game?

feona17
07-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Like many people have probably said, (I'm sorry it's 3 am and I'm too lazy to read.) that people can't get past the fact that a lot about Spira has changed, emotionally, especially concerning three certain young girls and their attire. Storyline aside, does anyone not know that the storyline is a continuation of X? Apparently they didn't. They absolutely love X but detest X-2 because of it's storyline, um, hello, that's hating FFX as well.

FFX-2 had enjoyable mini-games, awesome battle system and job system, and it was totally fun going through Spira again. I have some sort of attachment to that world. :P

That's the last time I say all of that. Sheesh. Been like 2904783498273 times already.

4evarisha
07-16-2006, 08:22 AM
I think FFx-2 is not as bad as people say it is lol.

Alive-Cat
07-16-2006, 04:14 PM
I just don't have the effort to hate it anymore...

zeilov_khaschante
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I like the game, I enjoy it very much. The only one annoying is the introduction way of the character in the beginning and the dancing.

Elemental Alchemist
08-05-2006, 12:04 AM
The game is enjoyable. I liked everything except rikku's 10-year old attitude. good thing paine was there to put a halt to that.

Zeromus_X
08-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Apparently they didn't. They absolutely love X but detest X-2 because of it's storyline, um, hello, that's hating FFX as well.

No, I'm pretty sure that's just hating X-2. Because, you know, they aren't the same game.

Most people that dislike X-2 feel that it is a step down from Final Fantasy X. In, really, almost everything. The atmosphere, the music, and especially the opening prevent you from taking it too seriously. Although, FFX-2 is a lighthearted and cheerful game anyway. The story doesn't seem to pick up until Chapter 3, which is a bit late for a story to pick up. There are many reasons, but I'm sure you could ask Tavrobel for all the reasons why X-2 isn't so hot.

Of course, even through all that, I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad game. It just isn't as good as X, or as good as any of the other Final Fantasies. But it is fun, and has a halfway decent storyline, bar the crappy 100% Ending.

Edit: I already posted in this. My bad. Well, this is just more detailed than last time.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I love FFX-2, although Rikku drives me crackers sometimes.

No.78
08-07-2006, 04:14 PM
People don't like it because it's feminine, no matter what they say, that's the true reason behind it. Admittedly, the opening to the game is quite annoying, but that's just what puts people off.
The storyline isn't THAT bad really, when you find out about Paines past n stuff, I found that interesting. And the job system rules, I love playing about with it.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I found the femininity to be quite amusing.
Guess im just secure in my own heterosexuality.

Also I enjoyed the fact that there was always at least 2 attractive females on screen at all times.

Rosenti
08-11-2006, 01:33 AM
i thought it was good, i love the beginning when you see Rikku get caught in the stands and she does that smile!! damn! i dont know why.. but there is somethin about her..

lulusgirl
08-11-2006, 01:55 AM
I purchased FF X-2 a week ago. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I'm enjoying it so far. The only thing I found that was annoying was the beginning when they introduce the characters Charlie's Angels style. But so far I'm liking this game

HEAR, HEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirage
08-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Excellent battle/job system. Subpar music most of the time. The story wasn't as good as I had expected it to be, but it had its moments. I've actually invested more hours in X-2 than X, mostly because battling was simply fun.

The Knights of the Round
08-11-2006, 05:07 AM
i agree that it isnt as bad as ppl tell me they think it is. some ppl cant admit that time goes on and squar enix is going to change things. they cant keep every game bassically the same thing, they must change it up.

kidff
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
oh man, I bought it 3 hours ago, and trying to get some help here, but the topic made me very sad :(, Is the game thad bad?

Master Vivi
08-20-2006, 10:35 PM
i bought this game quit some time ago but i just beat Final Fantasy X yesterday and i started playin X-2 yesterday.. does anyone else notice that the voices are a bit different? or maybie its just me =/

01 Rin
08-20-2006, 11:22 PM
same voiceovers, don't know why they sound so different to you. maybe the voiceovers liked doing FFX better. i dunno...

FFX-2 is not a bad game at all, but it'd be better if you don't know much about it first.. My mistake was that I kept learning new things about FFX-2 before it came out. I was so exciting when it came out that when I bought it I decided to play it! Then it wasn't as great as I thought it'd be because I knew so much about it.......
So if you've haven't played FFX-2 before:

Make sure you've played FFX first (preferably completed, you'll understand more in the second game)
Don't research FFX-2 before you play it, the game will teach you the new battle system if you haven't figured it out when you start playing. It's best if you don't know much about it, you'll find out the story and all, plus it's more exciting.

apassingdream12
08-26-2006, 09:46 PM
i dont think its a bad game it could of been longer with more fmv cutsences and why cant the game always look like those sences?

No.78
08-26-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont think its a bad game it could of been longer with more fmv cutsences and why cant the game always look like those sences?

Because it's only a PS2? And it would take years, and cost tons of money.

kissgirls
08-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Final Fantasy X-2 is a really good game, i'm playing again seen i was in school

Shadowdeathrose
08-27-2006, 09:15 AM

Theres nothing wrong with it in my book i love the whole thing, you can't expect the game to be exactly like FFX that would just ruin it. you'd be expecting something new and get the same as FFX with FFX-2 characters i think poeple who put this game down, have either got something wrong with them or are not fans of FF in the first place i love all the ff games.

Crappy storyline!! GRRRRRRRR!

same i loved it the day i got it (release day) and still love it too!
i bought this game quit some time ago but i just beat Final Fantasy X yesterday and i started playin X-2 yesterday.. does anyone else notice that the voices are a bit different? or maybie its just me =/

They sound a bit different becuase the vioceovers had to speak like they were older as they are now older in FFX-2 than in FFX 2 years to be exact

boys from the dwarf
08-27-2006, 06:55 PM
its a good game and pretty fun but the only good bit is the gameplay. everything else isnt that good. nearly all of the characters are annoying and the plot really isnt good and compared to other FFs its pretty awful.

Distain
08-27-2006, 10:09 PM
The game/story coulent posibly be as bad as people say. If it was then we would be looking at a game with as much depth and feeling as pong.

Nifleheim7
08-31-2006, 01:37 AM
At first i didn't like it.
I thought that it lacked some of the strongest elements of previous FF's like storyline and characters.
But after the first shock i came to terms with it.The gameplay was enjoyable,you could go anywhere in Spira from the beginning,there was tons of sidequests and minigames and most of them were really enjoyable.But this is also a negative point.When you have so many sidequests sometimes you find yourself forgeting and not caring about the actual storyline.
But yes,in the end i liked it.

lulusgirl
08-31-2006, 08:55 PM
See, i'm a totally girly-girl...and i loooove things like ffx-2.
It's supposed to be fun for girls, and i get why some people don't like it, but i'm sick and tired of people saying it's crap.
Personally, i love the game and i WANT there to be tons and tons of sequels just like 10-2.
Yes, i said TONS and TONS.