PDA

View Full Version : What kind of an FF fan are you?

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm not trying to insult anybody here, but let's be honest. We're all a certain type of FF fan

As for me, I am the Ultimate FF fan. I like every FF game I play despite it's flaws, including all spinoffs. I have played all of them. I have yet to play FF VIII, but I'll get around to purchasing it eventually. Even though I like all FFs, I still have some favorites like FF I, II, III, IV, VI, and IX

boys from the dwarf
07-13-2006, 09:51 PM
what flaws? i play any and every FF i can. its not the only game i play but itd the one i have the most of and spend the most time playing. im better than a lot of people i know at it and im a huge fan with experience from nearly every game.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm an 'Ultimate FF Fan'*. I've played all the main numbered games up to this point, old and new. Although I started playing with FFIV and VI, I don't see why I can't enjoy the newer games. I think all the games are beautiful, and sure, they have their flaws, but what doesn't? I'm not letting petty, trivial things keeping me from enjoying great games. :cat:

*Even I think that sounds a bit geeky...

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Im Ulitmate also. Even if theres something I dont like about it, I still enjoy playing the game. Plus Ive played and got all the ones released in the UK for PS1 and 2, gamecube, GBASP and PC. Just need 3.

Ashley Schovitz
07-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I try to like every FF that I've played,but I certainly haven't played enough of the old school ones to determine if I like them. I've just played V.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Heh, what's with the FFVII fan option? :p Wouldn't that fit into 'new school' fan? (Although FFVII is already old enough to be 'old school' at this point.)

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Heh, what's with the FFVII fan option? :p

They're out there......somewhere:shifty:

Chris
07-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm a very obsessive FFIX fanboy. :love:

I occasionally lose control when people trash it infront of me. >O

MageLuingil
07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I'd fall into the 'Ultimate FF Fan' category. They're good games, so why not like all of them?

Eiko Guy
07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
i fall in the regular final fantasy fan i like it if it's fun but if im bored it's hard for me to keep playing

Shiny
07-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I voted for other, because I'm a mixture of all those. I like FFVII the best so far, but I also like every single FF I've played even if there were things that sucked about them. And I'm into both old school and new school FF's.

Dreddz
07-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I'd be lying if I said it wasnt FFVII fan.....

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm option four except with Final Fantasy VIII, and rather no other game can compete with it than not worth playing

ljkkjlcm9
07-13-2006, 11:22 PM
I had to say Old School, because I don't own a Sony system and despite having played all of them, I do prefer the older games. They're all good games, but soon enough I'll have my 1-6 all on portable, you just can't beat that.

THE JACKEL

zbonks
07-14-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm an Ultimate fan i don't see flaws in FF games :D

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Umm.. I'm like a tactics fan, I like more the FFT and FFTA, but I like also FFVI and FFVIII, so, meh n.nU

Rase
07-14-2006, 01:09 AM
I guess I'm an "other type of fan", where I like certain ones and don't really care for others. It isn't really any sort of thing like "old-schoo" or "new school", it's a few games from both.

Dell
07-14-2006, 04:11 AM
Other type of fan: I like all FF except FFX.
On second thought, maybe FFVII fans.

Other type of fans.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-14-2006, 04:51 AM
I'm an 'Ultimate FF fan'. I like every FF game I played, though some more than others. But I don't hate any FF in particular.

Yuffie514
07-14-2006, 06:26 AM
i never get too far on classic games whenever i try to play them. i much more fit into the New Age of Final Fantasy...

DeathKnight
07-14-2006, 07:42 AM
I'm a FF fan?

I just like the ones in the PlayStations, plain and simple and I'm looking forward to FFXIII. And yes, I do respect that fact that the SNES FFs were made.

Qurange
07-14-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm an incurable FFVIII fangirl. I like the whole series--don't get me started on FFT, for instance--but I have a clear favorite, even among the ones that I really like.

Setzer Gabianni
07-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Near enough an ultimate, but I can't stand CC, so I couldn't have voted for the Ultimate option.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Sefie1999AD
07-14-2006, 09:32 AM
I'll go with Other since I'm a bit of a mix here. :p I prefer the old-school style with medieval fantasy worlds, but my favorite FF is still Final Fantasy VII. I enjoy almost all of the FFs, but there's still a few titles that I don't like as much, such as FFII and FFX. As for the spinoffs, I won't get FFCC (I don't have a GameCube), FFXI (I don't like online gaming), FFVII DoC (it didn't seem like my kind of a game) or any of the mobile phone FFs. However, I'll most likely get FFXII and probably FFXIII and FF Versus XIII too if they get good reviews.

DJZen
07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
My favorites depend on the phase of the moon, I guess I'm an "other" fan. My favorite FF games right now are FFII, VI, VIII and XI. My least favorites are VII and IV. Go figure *shrug*.

Ryth
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm a mixture. I think FFI, FFII, FFIV, and FFVI were godly (haven't played III or V), I thought FFVII was mediocre, FFVIII was terrible, FFIX and FFT was amazing, I loved FFX, and I share the common hate for FFX-2. That doesn't exactly fit one category. I suppose one could say I fit into old school, but I like the other newer games enough.

DudeSon2004
07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I did start play the new school games first, but I like the old school games too.
Ultimate FF Fan, however my favourite FF game is FFVII.

Mr. Lawl
07-15-2006, 07:39 AM
I fall into the Ultimate category, although my favorite among them all has to be IX. I think, except for *some* of the character design(wtf does Zidane have a tail for), IX had the best story and character development -to me-. I've got all of them available except III, well I have the ROM but that doesn't count, I haven't gotten around to getting the port either, the GameCube ones(though considering getting them), and the Cell phone ones, as I have no cell phone. So yeah, I gues I'm Ultimate *W00T*:D

MrLawl

Meat Puppet
07-15-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm the kind of fan who means to get around to playing the games but keeps putting it off. When somebody asks me something about Final Fantasy I will make something up and hope I get it right.

I think that constitutes for fanaticism.

http://www.terencemichael.com/leafblower.sm.jpg
[!]Hello.[/!]

Jessweeee♪
07-15-2006, 05:04 PM
New School :D
There's so many things that they couldn't do with the older games that I love in the newer games. I'd say my favorite is definately X and second to that is VIII

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, I am an FF7 fan all the way. Im an FF7 fangirl :p I picked that option but I dont agree with the second thing it says on there. "no one other FF can compete or is worth playing". I just dont agree with that part cause there are greater games out there :)

Marluxiaswife
07-16-2006, 02:57 AM
ffx-2 fan all the way!
i really got into a final fantasy (finally...)
i used to be into sailor moon and other anime i could try to like
but ffx-2 is my fav! :D

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm a different kind of fan. I did not like Final Fantasy VII at all, yet, I love Final Fantasy VI and X. To be honest, the only FF games that I have really sat down to complete were VI and X though I have played quite a few.

rubah
07-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm an 'they're all great except ff4 should DIE@!!!!s111' sort of fan.

Tavrobel
07-16-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm a "they're all great except ff4 FFX-2, which should DIE@!!!!s111 fails at life and should be banned from the shelves" sort of fan. I also make fun of blind fanboyism, which isn't the same as hating games.

Distain
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
New school, only becuase I havent played hardly any of the old school ones

Tiamat
07-20-2006, 03:42 PM
I guess the closest category I'd fall into would be the 'Ultimate FF fan' one, except for the fact that I couldn't really stand Crystal Chronicles on any level, even though I managed to complete it. But yeah, I've played every numbered one(including FF11) and most spinoffs. While I recognize some of them have flaws(some more than others O_o) I've derived at least some degree of enjoyment from even my less-enjoyed experiences, like FF10-2 and FF2j. And the ones I really enjoyed are among my favorite games of all-time, like FFT, FF7 and FF10. I also fondly remember playing FF1 incessantly when I was growing up, and it was the only FF I could get my hands on! Those were good times.

Dr. Acula
07-23-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm and Ultimate FF Fan. I remember I used to hate ff8 and 4 (i can't even remember why... oh yeah, Squall's a jerk and I can't choose my party in ff4) but now that I don't have ff7 to play anymore, I started to really get into them both. I like them all now, with the possible exception of ff2j (which I still kinda like).

black_cloud
07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I Personal Think That The Old School Was Was Better That New School Generation FF.I Mean Come On,What Can beat Final Fantasy I?
LoL

chrisfffan
07-25-2006, 09:24 PM
i like all the games apart from final fantasy X 2

Zeromus
07-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Old School... to the death!... Nintendo (with Square or anyone) made the greatest CRPG... I think if u apreciate the new games of the saga, u have to know there is a father: Nintendo generation... and u have to respect it... Its like the Elder of gaming in general, and obviously, FF has a big part in that fact... U have to be loyal to the source of the things u love... and of course, the title is from Square, but Nintendo has the hand and the impulse behind this...

Old games are the origin, and if u dont consider the origin o things u do or like, u are building on nothing, believin in a void... layin the foundations of something on nothing... I dont believe in the people who says they are gamers and they havent played nothing more than new games... for me, they arent gamers... they just play because people play... not because they really were born for games...

I just speak... u can apply that on another things on real life...

PD: Sorry if my english is not good, its not my native language! :)

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm the kind of fan who hates people that spend so much energy hating a game in the series.
I severely disliked FFIV, and was a little dissapointed with X-2.

Exlyn99
08-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Final Fantasy X & X-2 for me only ^ ^ They're actually the only video games I've played in my life! I just like Final Fantasy, not video games in general...

Rocket Edge
08-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm the other type of fan. I'm like that option with 7 except put in 8 instead. 8 is my life.

'Gilgamesh'
08-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Ultimate fan for sure.

The Knights of the Round
08-10-2006, 03:42 AM
ok i will play any of the ff's no matter what, i own all of the ps1 and ps2 except XI, and have XII on pre order. but i will say that i think VII is the best ff game but not the only one worth playing.. so yeah theres my opinion