PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter!

AvengerDoll
07-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Hey are their any HP fans here?:p

Nominus Experse
07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
I enjoyed the books, and will sometimes read through them again from time to time, but other than that, I am not what one would consider a fanatic. I like them, as they are fun to read, but I don't much care for the movies, the extrenous stuff concerning that of Harry Potter and his magical world, and any other hype/merchandise/etc...

So, kind of, but not entirely...

kikimm
07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Discussion of books goes in the Lounge! :monster:

And I'm a fan, yeah, although I haven't read a Harry Potter book in sometime now. I've liked each and every one, though. The way Rowling writes is just...well, I usually can't ever bring myself to read hundreds of pages a day, but I can read that much of Harry Potter. So exciting.

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Yay, more HP discussion. :cat:

I like the books, and I adore the way Rowling writes, but I only read the books once as they come out. When they are released, I buy them and spend any and all of my free time reading them until I finish them. (Usually 100s of pages, like kikimm said, I'm hardly motivated to do that with normal books.) I think the entire story she's written is very well-done, and I can't wait to see what happens in the seventh and final book in the series. (There's quite a bit of speculation regarding that, and I think there was a thread on it a long time ago...)

Either way, I definitely want to know what happens next. :cat:

LunarWeaver
07-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Sure, I love Harry Potter! I'm super excited to see what comes next. I predict Harry's death myself...but nobody ever wants my morbid death predictions for some reason!

jesteranimefreak
07-14-2006, 01:34 AM
JK Rowling has made a major influence on my writing. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I am anxously awaiting the final book! :D

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
I love the books but the movies... Goblet of Fire was just crap. I mean I expected some things to be left out to cut down on the longevity, like they did in the other movies, but they practially changed the entire plot! Dobby was supposed to give Harry the gillyweed, not Mad-Eye (Crouch), the skrewts were completely left out and the maze was just completely screwed up. Did they have the spinx? No. Did they have the Acromantula? No. What did they have? A freaking wind!!! Who the hell is scared of a wind!?!

I pray to god that they don't stuff up Order of the Phoenix because that ones my favourite book so far.

Slade
07-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Yeah I like Harry Potter. I've read all the books so far and can't wait for the seventh one to come out......she just doesn't write fast enough! :jess:

My all time favorite character is Luna Lovegood :bigsmile:

Kirobaito
07-14-2006, 08:38 AM
I love the books but the movies... Goblet of Fire was just crap. I mean I expected some things to be left out to cut down on the longevity, like they did in the other movies, but they practially changed the entire plot! Dobby was supposed to give Harry the gillyweed, not Mad-Eye (Crouch), the skrewts were completely left out and the maze was just completely screwed up. Did they have the spinx? No. Did they have the Acromantula? No. What did they have? A freaking wind!!! Who the hell is scared of a wind!?!

I pray to god that they don't stuff up Order of the Phoenix because that ones my favourite book so far.
You are aware that all of those things that you mentioned they left out were meaningless to the core plot, right? Just let them make the movies - it's a very hard task to do, and you cannot simply rehash the book and expect it to be successful (see the first two movies - pieces of trash because they were identical to the books, scene by scene).

I am an HP fan, however, I do not to much other than read/study the books and see the movies. As far as reading and studying the books, I find myself to be particularly good. I am anxious for next July 13th for OOTP, and then whatever time next year Book 7 comes out.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-14-2006, 12:29 PM
i liked the movies havent read the books

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Im a huge Harry Potter fan.

- Got all the books, including Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Also the sticker albums, quiz books and Magical World of Harry Potter.
- Harry Potter bookstands.
- All the movies.
- 3 bags.
- Harry Lego pen.
- Electronic Harry Potter book.
- Card games.
- Organisers.
- A HP christmas cracker from 2001 unopened.
- Postcards.
- Thumb cards.
Im a Emma Watson fangirl also, as many here know.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Im a huge Harry Potter fan.

- A HP christmas cracker from 2001 unopened.

I'll trade you the PSX game for the unopened cracker. I'm curious:rolleyes2

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
lol, no thanks :D The games were horrid!

Spiffing Cheese
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
I like the books enough (Goblet of Fire is the best) but the films don't really do it for me. Daniel Radcliffe acted terribly in the first two films, he wasn't particularly good in the third, and he was ALRIGHT in the fourth. The fourth film is the only one that's really watchable in my opinion. :p Emma Watson royally pisses me off, but I like Rupert Grint. :D

Harry Potter isn't the same since she killed two of my favourite characters. :(

(Harry + Ginny 4 lief)

Alive-Cat
07-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Other than the fact that these Satanic books are tainting the children of today and turning them into devil worshippers and they're all going to kill us in our sleep and sacrifice our animals to Satan because of these books
I THINK THEY'RE OKAY.

DoomAntenna
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Hehe people that think Harry Potter is satanic are weird. I mean, it's _fiction_. Anyhow, I love Harry Potter. Mostly the books. Though I do agree that Goblet of Fire is the only movie so far that is decently watchable. I have all the movies, though, they're good for background noise while I study and stuff. I can't wait till the last book comes out!!

Do you guys think she'll write more after the last book? She said she wouldn't, but I don't know if I believe she'll stick to that.

Ashley Schovitz
07-14-2006, 05:39 PM

Actually it was Neville and they also left out the most important thing for the Half Blood Prince where Harry gives Fred and George his winning money, I don't a couple of things but I can name about 16. J.K. is a talented writer, but she let's the directors and all the other movie people just ruin her movies. Can't wait for the Final book J.K. announced that another character is going to die and it might even be Harry I hope it won't be him or any one else in the trio why not just kill someone unimportant like Colin Creevy, or Alicia Spinnet, but I think it's going to be Neville.

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Actually it was Mad eye
No in the book it was Dobby who got the gillyweed for Harry.

Spiffing Cheese
07-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I hate that they left out a lot of [better] details of GoF in the fourth film just to stuff in that dragon scene. :mad2:

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 05:57 PM
All I can say is Im dreading the next movie cause
Sirius dies and Im a huge Sirius fangirl:(

Ashley Schovitz
07-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Actually it was Mad eye
No in the book it was Dobby who got the gillyweed for Harry.
No I meant in the movie it was Neville, remember Mad Eye gave Neville a book of sea water plants so that he could help Harry out I know that it was Dobby in the book.

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh duh :D Yeah sorry bout that Ashely :D

Spiffing Cheese
07-14-2006, 06:12 PM
All I can say is Im dreading the next movie cause
Sirius dies and Im a huge Sirius fangirl:(

Oh yeah, me too. :cry:

Rye
07-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I adore the books so much. The movies are okay, but I hate Emma Watson and most of the actors. Fred and George are so hot though. xD The books are obviously much better. I like books 4, 5 and 6 the most, it's where the series really gets great and more mature.

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 06:32 PM
PoA is my favourite book and HP film. Instead of it being cheesy and corny, they made it so dark and sinister it was perfect!

Rocket Edge
07-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Im a biggg fan of Harry myself, been reading them since they came out, i was 11.. hehe :)

Skarr
07-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I hate to admitt it but I too find the books a joy to read. I've only read the Order Of The Pheonix and I've got one last chapter to read in The Half Blood Prince. My cousin has the complete collection of books and since we're close I myself got into HP. Dreadfull confession really(that is to read H.P.).

Hawkeye
07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Im a biggg fan of Harry myself, been reading them since they came out, i was 11.. hehe :)
That's scary how time flies, cause that's when I was reading them too.

I read the books, enjoy them, but do not care for the movies. Can't wait for JK Rowlings last book.

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 11:18 PM
I remember when the first book was released and I just thought it would be boring and called my friends for liking it. Then one day I picked up my brothers copy and I was transformed into a Potter fan. That was a good 6 years ago. So, dont knock it before you try it!

Its almost a year since the last book was released and there are rumours the final one will be released the 7/7/2007.

Spiffing Cheese
07-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Holy crap, I was nine when the first book came out. :eek:

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah it was 1997. Scary thought isnt it? The time has flown. I was 12 and an arrogant immature little girl. I guess I was jealous of this world my friends created around the books, hence the reason I called them.

Chris
07-14-2006, 11:37 PM
I love all of the movies so far. They've all been very entertaining.

Fuego
07-17-2006, 04:16 AM
The books were Incredible ... i never read one until after POA. though ... my friend kept telling me to read them and so i did ... i really think that JK is a gifted writer !
I liked the first 3 movies .... but num. 4 really let me down ... it seem'd so fake ... even though movies really are ... to me though it seem'd like they phoned in the GOF 'movie'. so i am apprehensive to check out OOTF when it is released ... but will read book 7 the day its released ...
as for attractive actors or actress's .... hell no!
but atleast they don't piss me off ...
my imagination is soo much better though ... its like tim burtin and Jhonen Vasquez
throwing a really cool party ... but only i'm invited ^^

theundeadhero
07-17-2006, 04:56 AM
I really enjoy reading the books. Order of the Phoenix was by far my favorite of the books. I read the first five books one after another last summer and my fascination with the story grew as each book grew more and more interesting. I read Half Blood Prince when it first came out and was a little let down by it, considering it broke the trend of each book getting better and better, but I have hopes for the last one.

The movies are only ok. I saw the first three when they came out in the theaters (long before I ever read the books), and then saw Goblet of Fire on DVD at the end of last year. I was slightly amused at the first three, but that last movie was horrible. Truly horrible. There's no doubt I'll still go see the other movies when they come out though, no matter how bad they might turn out to be. That young Hermione is turning out to be a hottie too.

Son of Jenova
07-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Sure, I love Harry Potter! I'm super excited to see what comes next. I predict Harry's death myself...but nobody ever wants my morbid death predictions for some reason!

actually...... i would love to hear them

Sylvie
07-17-2006, 05:34 AM
I am the only person here that does not like Harry Potter, it looks like.

I will be brutally slaughered now.

theundeadhero
07-17-2006, 05:46 AM
In this thread, yes.

No Necromancy spells on this thread, now. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83184)

Fuego
07-18-2006, 02:14 AM
The movies are only ok. I saw the first three when they came out in the theaters (long before I ever read the books), and then saw Goblet of Fire on DVD at the end of last year. I was slightly amused at the first three, but that last movie was horrible. Truly horrible. There's no doubt I'll still go see the other movies when they come out though, no matter how bad they might turn out to be. That young Hermione is turning out to be a hottie too.
I am soo glad i am not the only one who thinks so :)

and ...

I am the only person here that does not like Harry Potter, it looks like.
I will be brutally slaughered now.
i think its cool to not like something but ... ummm yea... that'd be like goin' into the FF forums and sayin i hate FF ... i'd be flame'd ... by the time it was over ... i would be like grounds keeper willie in tree house of horrors ... the one where they spoof Nightmare on elm st.

scrumpleberry
07-21-2006, 02:34 PM
When the books came out I was a ickle child. I got philosophers stone before it became famous. I don't think that JK Rowling is actually that good at descriptive writing and stuff (don't knife me!), but the way she PLOTS and mixes the legends and things and makes EVERYTHING MEAN SOMETHING is...is....*DIES*. I love the books, they are great.

The funny thing is, as I was younger when I read the first book, I didn't pick up on lots of stuff, and when I read it over again years later, I noticed lots more things. I'm not a big fan of the films. I think Rupert Grint is one of the best actors there. Hermione's Yule Ball dress...ummm....not liking. (hides from SapphireStar)

But overall, I love harry potter.

Two of the best fanart sites I know:
Serious and silly Harry Potter fan art by Red Scharlach (http://www.redscharlach.co.uk/redart.html)
Tealin's Harry Potter Art (http://www.nocturnalsoldier.org/Tealin/)