PDA

View Full Version : cloud clone or not??

Cloùd §trífë
07-14-2006, 04:12 AM
is he or isnt he ??? and tel me if he isnt whats going no im confusesed

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-14-2006, 05:03 AM
He's a 'Sephiroth Clone', but not an actual clone of Sephiroth. Sephiroth Clone's are just normal people that were injected with Jenova Cells and showered with Mako. They are basically the same as Soldiers, but they don't have the mental condition to fight off the instinctual need for Reunion, which eventually destroys their minds.

If that makes sense.

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Cloud isn't a clone, like Hitcher just said. He was altered by the experiments done on him, and he took on Zack's persona and memories, but he isn't really a clone. And yes, he's the same Cloud from Nibelheim.

Cloùd §trífë
07-14-2006, 05:58 AM
so his not aclone of hime self befor?

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Nope. Same Cloud. Just really messed up emotions and identity. The game uses the word 'clone' not in the literal sense. I think Hitcher's explanation of a Seph clone explains it best.

Cloùd §trífë
07-14-2006, 07:18 AM
kk thx man

Xurts
07-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Huge spoilers ahead.

The answer is yes. Cloud was actually the only successful Sephiroth "clone". Allow me to explain.

First of all, I need to clear up what is meant by "Sephiroth clone". Contrary to what many people may think, the "Sephiroth clone" was not actually meant to be a "clone" of Sephiroth himself. Shinra were not trying to make more Soldiers with the strength of Sephiroth. The clones were meant to test Hojo's Reunion theory. Hojo was trying to duplicate or copy the experiments he performed on Sephiroth. The Reunion theory says that when Jenova's cells are split up, they will all come back together. Hojo tested his theory out in FF7, and it was a success.

After the events of the infamous Nibelheim Massacre took place, Shinra soon arrived to investigate on what happened. Hojo came, and he wanted all of the survivors of the incident to be rounded up so he could test his new Reunion theory. Among the survivors were Cloud and Zack. Hojo infused Mako and Jenova cells into his experiments.

This had varied effects. Since Mako is condensed Spirit Energy and Spirit Energy contains memories of past life experiences, infusing Mako into somebody would give them a huge overload of information and memories. And unless that individual had a strong will or ego, they would "lose themself" in that flood of information. This is what is called Mako Poisioning. Those with strong wills/egos were able to keep a hold to their true selves. Zack, because he was a high-ranking member of Soldier, was able to withstand the flood of information and still hold on to who he truly was. This was not the case for Cloud, since he didn't make it into Soldier and probably was not very confident in himself at the time. Zack was considered a failed experiment because the Mako had no effect on him, but Cloud was labeled as successful along with the other survivors because they had succumbed to the Mako Poisioning.

After awhile, Zack managed to break out of his test tube and he freed Cloud. They escaped out of Nibelheim and headed towards Midgar. Cloud at this point was probably pretty messed up, not knowing who he was or what was going on. Unfortunately, shortly before they reached Midgar, they were attacked by Shinra soldiers. Zack was shot and killed, while the soldiers just left Cloud to die. This is where Cloud assumed the identity of Zack.

In order for Cloud to piece back together his mind, the Jenova Cells he had started altering his memory to make it seem like Cloud was at the center of events and not Zack. Because of this, Cloud also gained Zack's personal traits, like the way he acted, his personality, etc. After Cloud had "made himself Zack" in his mind, he went to Midgar and eventually met up with Tifa and joined Avalanche.

Cloud was the only successful Sephiroth Clone/Copy because he was the only clone whom Hojo saw at the Reunion in the Northern Crater.

theundeadhero
07-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Yes, Aeris was a clone of George. Psychotic can explain the whole theory better than I can.

Christmas
07-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes, Aeris was a clone of George. Psychotic can explain the whole theory better than I can.

I CAN TOO. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=66389&page=2)