07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
More new scans. Airships and stuff. Oh, and Elia

http://ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=463

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks! ^_^ :cat:

Sefie1999AD
07-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Wow, a lot of screenshots again. ^^ Cid looks, for the lack of a better word, cool. :cool: Elia/Eria looks nice, I hope they can make a difference between her and Princess Sara, though. A lot of nice pictures of airships and other means of transportation, and is that the Airship Invincible a bit above the character art for the Martial Artist? It will be interesting to see what the Mognet's purpose is.

"Saga", eh? :p Many of the jobs look really nice. Good to see they're still using the old-school MP system rather than going to the newer universal MP system like FF1 DoS did. In that "7 Hit!!" pic, it looks neat when the Light Warrior is using double swords. It could be just me, but I think the battle screens remind me of FFIX's battle screens.

Elpizo
07-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Elia, so beautiful, so sad... Why does she have to? That terrible scene, in 3D? And after that she's just forgotten, not even mentioned once again. *Sob* Elia...

Anyway, nice screens. Lots of good stuff.
Ehm, 3 to 5 months and then I'll finally be able to play it!
Come to think of it, next week, one year will have passed since I started waiting for this game. Ah time flies.

Crossblades
07-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Cool scans:)

But what's an "evoker"?:confused: Is that another name for Conjurer?

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 07:06 PM
That's what I'm guessing.

FF_Chick
07-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Mognet unlocks sidequests. And these are very nice scans. But why did Eria... have to...

Sefie1999AD
07-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Elia, so beautiful, so sad... Why does she have to? That terrible scene, in 3D? And after that she's just forgotten, not even mentioned once again. *Sob* Elia...

Anyway, nice screens. Lots of good stuff.
Ehm, 3 to 5 months and then I'll finally be able to play it!
Come to think of it, next week, one year will have passed since I started waiting for this game. Ah time flies.

I think Elia will turn out as another Aeris when the DS version is out. I have a feeling some people will ask, "Is it possible to revive Elia?" Some ignorant people will probably claim FFIII DS blatantly rips off Aeris' death even though FFIII had that scene, what, seven years before FFVII. :p

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Along with Joseph, Richard, Wing-Wu, Scott, Desh, Doga, Unne, Tellah, Galuf, and General Leo.

Crossblades
07-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Along with Joseph, Richard, Wing-Wu, Scott, Desh, Doga, Unne, Tellah, Galuf, and General Leo.

But Desh comes back in the end though

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2006, 09:23 AM
But what's an "evoker"?:confused: Is that another name for Conjurer?Yes. The Japanese name for the job is Genjutsushi, a made-up term that literally translates to something like "Illusionary Arts Expert," which just is not going to fit comfortably on a game menu screen. So, Evoker is as good a substitute as Conjurer.

Another suspicious move is their use of Summoner. Because FFIII was the first game in the series to have summoning, it's unique in that the summoning job isn't called Shoukanshi (Summoner) but instead Makaigenshi, another made-up term that comes out to "Demon World Illusion User." So, I'd have expected them to have used an appropriate substitute--Astral Illusionist or something--but I guess it was easier to just go with Summoner.

Not that any of this matters. Here, have some screenshots.

Sassoon's canoe (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/16.jpg)
Chocobo (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/17.jpg)
Cid's airship (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/18.jpg)
Chocobo Forest (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/19.jpg)
Enterprise (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/20.jpg)
Nautilus (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/21.jpg)
Invincible (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/finalfantasy3/22.jpg)

Now look at these maps (http://brightrain.aerifal.cx/~dermot/mapff3.html) and see if you can match up the locations. It'll be like a happy fun game!!

~SapphireStar~
07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Squee! I want this game in my possesion now! Im looking very forward to it as this will be the first time Ive ever played FF3 in my life.

DJZen
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Another suspicious move is their use of Summoner. Because FFIII was the first game in the series to have summoning, it's unique in that the summoning job isn't called Shoukanshi (Summoner) but instead Makaigenshi, another made-up term that comes out to "Demon World Illusion User." So, I'd have expected them to have used an appropriate substitute--Astral Illusionist or something--but I guess it was easier to just go with Summoner.

They made changes! This is going to completely mess up how the player experiences the game! It's all Woolsey's fault! We need good translations like FFVII again! *protests*

Zeromus_X
07-15-2006, 07:40 PM

Yeah, which really pissed me off.

Let's all play Kishi's 'happy fun game.' :cat:

Crossblades
07-15-2006, 08:23 PM

Yeah, which really pissed me off.

Let's all play Kishi's 'happy fun game.' :cat:

Why?

Zeromus_X
07-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Because all that time I thought he was dead and then at the very end I find out he's alive. And I thought he was dead. Well, at least we know where FFIV got it from...:cat:

Sefie1999AD
07-15-2006, 08:39 PM
But what's an "evoker"?:confused: Is that another name for Conjurer?Yes. The Japanese name for the job is Genjutsushi, a made-up term that literally translates to something like "Illusionary Arts Expert," which just is not going to fit comfortably on a game menu screen. So, Evoker is as good a substitute as Conjurer.

The fan translation of the NES version called them Conjurer and Summoner, so I don't really mind the Summoner being called that. FFIII's summoning was unique also in a way that Conjurer had two random summon effects, usually a defensive one and an offensive one. Only the Summoner and Sage had the summon special attacks seen in the later FFs, such as Shiva's Diamond Dust, Ifrit's Hellfire, Ramuh's Judgment Bolt (Heaven's Rage in the fan translation), Titan's Earthquake, Odin's Zantetsuken (Atom Edge in the fan translation), Leviathan's Tidal Wave (or Tsunami) and Bahamut's Mega Flare.

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Final Fantasy III DS truely looks amazing. You can tell it is pushing the Nintendo DS to its limits! It looks beautiful, colorful, artistic, and unique. The character models remind of of those in Legend of Legaia for the PSone. I'm just really excited for this game to come out.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-16-2006, 01:03 AM

They made changes! This is going to completely mess up how the player experiences the game! It's all Woolsey's fault! We need good translations like FFVII again! *protests*I'm not complaining. I just can't help but notice this stuff, man.

Reine
07-16-2006, 03:24 AM
Nothing on that page loaded..

My god, the Nautilus and Invincible have been ruined!

A flying gherkin with wings, and a standard airship? Noooooo!

DJZen
07-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Final Fantasy III DS truely looks amazing. You can tell it is pushing the Nintendo DS to its limits! It looks beautiful, colorful, artistic, and unique. The character models remind of of those in Legend of Legaia for the PSone. I'm just really excited for this game to come out.

How can you tell it's pushing the DS to its limits?

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 06:55 PM

How can you tell it's pushing the DS to its limits?
I ment graphically and artistically. It looks truely stunning. I think Final Fantasy III is the best looking Nintendo DS game yet. That's what I ment.

Zeromus_X
07-16-2006, 08:16 PM
It certainly looks that way, from the video. It's actually in 3D, as compared to the pre-rendered PS1 FFs. And if that video wasn't of the best quality, imagine how good it'll look and sound for real. :cat:

The airships look basically the same to me. :cat: :confused:

I hope the Invincible doesn't move like a snail...

DJZen
07-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah but games that push a system to its limits tend to suffer a bit in framerate. The latest video features wonderful framerates. Check out Shadow of the Colossus if you want to see what hardware being pushed to its limits looks like. If you took a screenshot of the game it would look breathtakingly beautiful, but the game itself refreshes at a painfully slow rate. That's not to say it's a bad game or that it's lacking in some way, but the graphical hardware is being given a real run for its money.

Zeromus_X
07-16-2006, 11:29 PM
If you say so. I honestly don't really notice anything. It could also be the YouTube quality of the video. :cat:

Tiamat
07-19-2006, 08:34 PM
This may have been touched on in another thread, but I find it interesting that it seems they are using the Final Fantasy Tactics concept of artwork(most notably the lack of noses) for this FF3 remake. I find that interesting.

Angelroo
07-20-2006, 08:56 PM
heh. EVen more new scans to look at. Here. Prince Alus has a funny hat. :p

http://www.jeux-france.com/news16700_final-fantasy-iii-s-approche-en-images.html

Fire_Emblem776
07-21-2006, 07:34 AM
*saves up cash* So pretty ^_^

Sefie1999AD
07-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Looks quite pretty, both the main characters and the NPCs that join your party. I see a lot of similarities with FFT's character graphics. What's up with the hair colors, by the way? The female Light Warrior has a yellow hair in her character art and screenshots, but she seems to be having a red hair when she's using a class. Is it just me or do you think the Light Warrior with white hair and purple eyes will have the darkest story, i.e. the Leonhart/Kain/Vincent/Auron/Paine of the group?

DJZen
07-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I am SO pre-ordering this today.

Reine
07-21-2006, 05:38 PM
http://www.jeux-france.com/images3_4_16700.html

NOTICE WHO IS ENLARGED!

HA!