PDA

View Full Version : need good GBA games :)

Zidane_2006
07-14-2006, 06:47 PM
hello,

I just bought myself a new DS and I am curious to know what are some good gameboy advance games. I was deprived of a GBA until now, so I am curious to see what are some good GBA games. The genre of games i would like are mostly rpg's, but any other game from other genres that are good are always a plus :) thanks a lot for all for the help!!!!

LunarWeaver
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
The Golden Sun games are pretty good RPGs I spose.

edczxcvbnm
07-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon.
Metroid Zero Mission

Zeromus_X
07-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Both Golden Suns.

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, and Final Fantasy IV Advance for sure.

And the games ed listed, for sure.

Cruise Control
07-14-2006, 06:56 PM
YOU STOLE MY POST.
Pick up Adance Wars 2: Blackhole Rising

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah GS, Broken Sword, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy Tactis, Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls, Breath of Fire 1&2.

Ashley Schovitz
07-14-2006, 07:05 PM
No No Yoshi's Island and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland are the best!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ_nUzG3xWU&search=Yoshi%27s%20Island
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEA4r2uiDhI&mode=related&search=Kirby%27s%20Nightmare%20in%20Dreamland

Crossblades
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Golden Sun 1 and 2
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Breath of Fire I and II
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario Advance 1, 2, 3, and 4
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival
Metroid Fusion
Fire Emblem

I Took the Red Pill
07-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Warioware Twisted.

Rengori
07-14-2006, 09:39 PM
YOU STOLE MY POST.
Pick up Adance Wars 2: Blackhole Rising
YOU STOLE MY POST.

Erdrick Holmes
07-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
FFV when it comes out

Captain Maxx Power
07-14-2006, 10:24 PM
FF1+2 Dawn of Souls is pretty much the most mileage you'll ever get out of a single cart. I also recommend FF4, Tales of Phantasia and the Golden Sun series. For platforming it doesn't get much better than Super Mario World (the SNES remake).

KentaRawr!
07-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Some games I would suggest are:

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga
Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy 4
Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis

Yuna-Lenne
07-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Sword of Mana
Another game by Square. It has a good storyline, though it's SLIGHTLY different depending on if you play as a boy or a girl. Battle system is pretty easy to pick up too. I'm enjoying this a lot, the worlds vast and there are plenty of places to see, though your path is pretty set out. You can see your enemies too, no random battles, something I enjoy as a change. :)

Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls
2 games on 1 cart! :cool: Both are good games but Final Fantasy 1 has less defined characters. Final Fantasy 2 has a good story and defined characters! Both start off easy but get a lot more challenging. I found 2 kinda short though. :(

Final Fantasy 4 Advance
Thus far the stories been good. It has some interesting twists in it, but I've heard the bosses are VERY hard. I'm dreading meeting the third now. :( I don't know much about this game yet.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Great fun! Typical kinda storyline but the world is big and new, interesting to look around. So far I havn't yet noticed much difference between Sapphire/Ruby and Emerald though. :rolleyes2 It seems to be like the crystal of silver and gold :p

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
Old classics with better graphics! Even the added bonus of several new islands once the game is completed. A lot of fun! World's big, as usual, and there's plenty to do.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
The better Zelda on GBA I thought. A typical Zelda story but a lotta fun, as with all (excluding 1 and 2 :p) Zelda games. I liked the controls more for MC than I did for LttP, and I thought the story was better too. The world was more interesting and new places opened as you went on. There were plenty of different tools to use to help you get around, though there were some parts I found a bit weird. Very fun though. Being small was actually a rather different experience and meant the world was different. There were familiar looking faces from WW and OOT, though no significant characters were really the same.

I havn't enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed Minnish Cap, I'm not as keen on the controls, but it's fun nontheless. You don't have to get the crystals in a set order though, so you can deal with that more or less the way you want.

Golden Sun
I've heard a lot of good things about this and so far it's good, the story seems strong, the battle system is fairly easy, similar to that in Final Fantasy.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
I enjoyed this more than the ps2 Kingdom Hearts. It was kinda repetative but I found it fun all the same. It's more of a link between kh 1 and 2 but it still has it's own story, though it requires some understanding of kh1.

Ramza Beoulve
07-15-2006, 12:15 AM
You really only need this series, they never fail...

Mega Man Zero:cool:

Chris
07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
I'd had my DS for quite some time now, but I only use it to play my POKéMON games with. I don't know if you like POKéMON, but I'd recommend that you buy the Emerald edition.

It's great fun!

Roto13
07-15-2006, 12:56 AM
EGM called Astro Boy: Omega Factor the best portable game the year it came out, and that was the same year as the DS launch. I love it. Treasure = love.

Zeromus_X
07-15-2006, 01:32 AM
That game is great. I almost completed all the character profiles.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2006, 04:41 AM
Treasure = love.On that note, Gunstar Super Heroes.

JKTrix
07-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Treasure = love.On that note, Gunstar Super Heroes.
Seconded.

Some of these are a series of games.

RPGs:
Golden Sun
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (good luck finding it)
Mega Man Battle Network series
Pokemon Emerald/Leaf Green/Fire Red (get any/all of 'em, you can use 'em in the DS version)
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga (then get Mario & Luigi 2 for DS)
Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars
Fire Emblem (I didn't like this too much, just because the people really DIE... but it's great otherwise)

Others:
DRILL DOZER (it came out a few months ago)
Boktai
Astro Boy
Gunstar Super Heroes
Mario Golf
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Zelda: The Minish Cap
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors (Seriously. Doubly so if you were ever a DBZ fan. Or skip it and get Spersonic Warriors 2 for DS)
Castlevania
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (if you never played it before. The 4 swords multiplayer on that was fun, but DS can't do GBA link)

To name a few.

Reine
07-16-2006, 03:13 AM
I enjoy almost all of my GBA games

Final Fantasy 1&2 Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Sword of Mana
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Tales of Phantasia
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Legend of Zelda

The upcoming Final Fantasy V Advance and Final Fantasy VI Advance will be something to look forward to

Zidane_2006
07-16-2006, 06:32 AM
wow there is a lot of games for me to choose :) I didnt know that there was so many gba games to choose from. Thanks a lot guys for all of the help, and if there is any other games that havent been mentioned that are awesome, by all means please post. thanks once again, you guys are the best!!!!!

-----zidane

Markus. D
07-16-2006, 06:38 AM
not that you will find it but.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

Final Fantasy Tactics advance has fencers <3

Reine
07-18-2006, 05:19 AM
You can get both Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance together in a double pack, at least, you can where I live.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, THAT is the hard one to find

Yuffie514
07-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Mario Party Advance: lots of mini-games and gadgett games. i miss Mario Party 3 (also my first one) from Nintendo 64...

Lionx
07-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Klonoa Dream Champ Tournament :D