PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online

Sylvie
07-14-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the old thread died, so heres a new one. Anyone play RO? I play on AnimaRO with Doomie, Bert, and Bakerman. I currently have a B. Lvl 30 and J. Lvl 27 Swordsman. I'm trying to get good money for him so I can buy some decent weapons/armours.

So, that brings me into my next question. How do I make decent, quick money? I'm aiming for 44k, so I can buy a Helm.

Markus. D
07-14-2006, 10:50 PM
I was one of the first EoFFers playing AnRO, I think the first was like... Tidus Andronicus?

anyways... I have a Auto-Cast luck battle sage, Magnus Priest and some kind of form of almost bard.

Carl the Llama
07-19-2006, 09:16 AM
i have a great way for makeing monwy (i used it myself) what you do is make a new character (dont bother with the stats) and rush theough the training and at the end when you do the personality test dont bother choosing the awnsers, instead just tap enter over and over and at the end the guy will serjest you become a swordsman and at that you should accept and he will giv you the standerd items and a Falcion sword and 7 pharcon (i think thats what they are called) and when you do is run to the tool shop and make sure you main is in the same place in there and drop all the items you own that dont have novice in there name (as they sell for nothing) then as quickly as you can log onto your main and the items will be there waiting for you pick them up and sell them you will get 5k per new character.

Raebus
07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Quick question, it's free? To download/play.

Markus. D
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
depends if you Join AnRO or not.

Private servers purchased from the KRO company are ussually free, like www.animaro.com

public servers like Oceania RO come with a monthly Fee.

Heath
07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I used to play on beyondIRC Ragnarok Online back in the days before it shut down, was quite sad when it did actually. A bunch of my friends migrated over at once and it was all rather fun. At the time of it shutting down I had a 7x/4x Wizard (and a pet Deviruchi. Hooray).

Doomie
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm totally in the same situation as you, Genji. I actually have a quick way to get about 40, 000 but KYONO DOESN'T WANT ME TO SELL MY FOUR LEAF CLOVER.

starseeker
07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm downloading it now. It sounds good.

Carl the Llama
07-19-2006, 07:20 PM
it is very good, iv been playing since sunday, and i love it =)

Raebus
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Okay, help. I downloaded it from animaro and I'm confused. How do I first get money? The job system? Help.

Mirage
07-20-2006, 02:40 PM
depends if you Join AnRO or not.

Private servers purchased from the KRO company are ussually free, like www.animaro.com

public servers like Oceania RO come with a monthly Fee.
Purchased? More like stolen. :D
But I kinda feel like playing again, and it being an Aegis server kinda appeals to me aswell. Maybe I'll join you and powerlevel a hunter up to your levels.

Markus. D
07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
tee hee xD

yay!

Hunter >_>... Mirage will be owning us all, even if I do manage to sap all of her MP.

ps: that because AnRO is following the KRO nerfs, which is almost none, so, well. blehaliscious.

Sylvie
07-20-2006, 07:14 PM
What else is there for me to do other than killing monsters and getting money?

Mirage
07-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Socializing! And that's all.

Peegee
07-21-2006, 04:04 PM
I played on Tenshi RO until I was level 230 something and gave up.

starseeker
07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
I just started and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good newbie armour/weapons. I keep dying.

Sylvie
07-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I would recomend that you just get to J. LVL 10 and then get a job, then you can get decent weapons and armors.

Oh, and is there anything else I can do on AnRO other than killing?

starseeker
07-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm doing that. I just can't find the Archer's Guild. I'm in Payon (the town there) at the moment.

Heath
07-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm doing that. I just can't find the Archer's Guild. I'm in Payon (the town there) at the moment.

The Guild isn't in Payon itself, as far as I remember. You need to head out of Payon through the top exit (on the left). Which will take you to a screen called Archer Village, I believe. Head straight up there and when you reach the cave, head right and you'll eventually find a building which contains the guild.

I think that's right, if not I'm sure someone can correct me.

Markus. D
07-27-2006, 01:36 AM
I would recomend that you just get to J. LVL 10 and then get a job, then you can get decent weapons and armors.

Oh, and is there anything else I can do on AnRO other than killing?

Adventure, search for people that YOU can tolerably socialize with, farm, do quests :], advance, skill build, build yourself.

etc....

Raven Nox
07-27-2006, 01:51 AM
I have AnimaRO, but I've only played it a few times so far, so I'm not all that high leveled. It's fun, but I've just been doing other things. =/

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Well its been a week and a half and iv made so many new friends that are so generous iv been given a Hard Silk Robe (+700 hp) i have a swordmasters belt also (+300 health) and the crowning glory of a Mage's hat (im a mage aparently) also i have made an instant connection with a lady to whom I will be marrying (altho we havent set a date as yet) she is great and I love spending time with her and everything.:love: :love: :love:

Altho there is one downside to the game: be carful around Pront as there are a lot of asshats who take pleasure in useing about 20 DB's all in a row thus getting you killed (then some kind but silly Priest revives you (while your afk or somthing)) and the idiot does the same thing again result: many many deaths and los of exp. then when you have a go at the idiot who used a whole tree's worth of DB's he says somthing proveing how noobish he is.

Markus. D
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
im fine with deaths.

its only like... 1%

in maple it can range from 4% to.... 36%.

starseeker
07-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I keep dying on my guild entrance challenge. I'm getting killed by willows.

EDIT: I managed to become an archer. My character is called Leda. I'm not sure where I should go next (I'm level 14). Any suggestions?

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Have you tryed just continue killing Popo's, I killed them till I was 23 (where I went to the Payon Caves to kill the undead)

Dignified Pauper
07-31-2006, 10:28 PM
I am playing AnimaRO and my character sucks

his name is Marick. suprise suprise that he's maricking.

starseeker
07-31-2006, 10:41 PM
You need any help then?

Sylvie
07-31-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't play this anymore. Quite frankly, the game sucks. You cannot do anything other than kill, kill, kill, kill, and kill. Sure, you can Blacksmith, but have fun training a merchant all the way up, by KILLING, KILLING, AND KILLING. Its extremely tedious, money is a pain in the ass to get, and its just plain boring. I play FFXI now, which has MUCH more variety in it.

starseeker
08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
This is just tiding me over until I am old enough to get a debit card so I can play FFXI. (1 month)

Jojee
08-01-2006, 11:22 AM
I currently play on ceresRO and euphRO ^_^ On ceres I just started and it's a relatively small server, I have an acolyte. On euph, I have a lvl 80-something assasin cross.

Lionx
08-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Used to be a Priest...lvl...60something...i think @@; I dont play it currently though now.

Markus. D
08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
I keep dying on my guild entrance challenge. I'm getting killed by willows.

EDIT: I managed to become an archer. My character is called Leda. I'm not sure where I should go next (I'm level 14). Any suggestions?

okay, just in future, theres a much more easier way, if you are in AnRo, go into Prontera, and find the job agency (I think thats where it is) and talk to the Job employment npc, w00t instant job and few items with no quest.

after that I reccoment wh0ring out Payon Dungeon with a party :]

have fun :]

Dignified Pauper
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
i don't even know what you are talking about when you say payon.

starseeker
08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Its a town to the south east of Prontera (go south until you can turn east). You can become an archer there and its a good place to level up.