PDA

View Full Version : FF8 Records

Lionheart00
07-15-2006, 02:38 AM
What are some what you would call records that you have made in this game???:D
Did u kill a certain monster in record time or did u kill a certain kind of monster a record amount of times????

Zeromus_X
07-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Owning Omega Weapon before it uses Terra Break? It's actually quite possible to do it on the first turn, but I haven't attempted that yet.*

Let's see what nik has to say...

*What a disappointing 'Weapon'...

Xurts
07-15-2006, 02:59 AM
I've spent the most time and effort on 8 than any other game.

Lionheart00
07-15-2006, 03:00 AM
how much time did you spend on it???

Zeromus_X
07-15-2006, 03:07 AM
What, like 40 hours or so?

Lionheart00
07-15-2006, 03:08 AM
i spent almost 60 on it..................

Xurts
07-15-2006, 07:55 AM
On my current playthrough I have about 77-80 hours and my next destination is the Lunar Gate. I just refined 300 Auras from 300 Aura Stones which I got from refining 30 Power Wrists. It cost over 300,000 Gil with Tonberry's Haggle. :p Oh, and I just got the Lionheart. None of my characters have leveled up once except for Squall, Zell, and Selphie who are at 8, 9, and 9 respectively.

I have two other files, one has 52 hours (my very first playthrough) and the second one has something like 56 hours (right before Galbadia Garden battle). I quit advancing in my second file because I wanted to take a different approach. So I've played for quite a few hours.

rubah
07-15-2006, 08:21 AM
There's nothing like getting a system down to beating malboros, or Devouring ruby dragons multiple times. Really there isn't.

Or using angelo search to get hungry cookpots :D

Xurts
07-15-2006, 08:27 AM
There's nothing like getting a system down to beating malboros, or Devouring ruby dragons multiple times. Really there isn't.

Or using angelo search to get hungry cookpots :D
Right.

That reminds me, tomorrow I will be using the Lv. Up command to level up a Marlboro past 30, and then I'll kill it with Edea as the only live character in my party so I can get 6 Marlboro Tentacles. That should be fun.

Rantz
07-15-2006, 10:55 AM
My games usually take around 150 hours, except for my first games which lands at around 100 :p

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I've clocked maybe one of the fastest Omega Weapon wins in the history of the game

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-15-2006, 12:27 PM
I kicked Omegas ass withought it using Terra Break on me.

disapointedchild
07-16-2006, 04:54 AM
I finished the whole ultimecia battle in under 12 minutes........ Dont know if that qualifies.

Pinkerton
07-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Game in 16 hours. Although that's really not all that impressive.

IceAngel
07-16-2006, 02:49 PM
When the our computer used to mess everything thing up, I managed to play the whole of the first disk without it crashing the game. I was like 'woohoo' but then I couldnt play the rest of the game because it wouldnt run :(. Its fine now :) but that was a record for any of our games to be working that long :tongue:.

My record was staying with one HP to all of my characters while fighting the four Ruby Dragons before Bahamut. Needless to say I died against Bahamut :(

Disco Potato
07-16-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know exact hours game-wise, but it took me 8 months to beat the game the first time, and a little over two weeks to beat it the last time I played. True, I didn't know what I was doing and there was school and other real life issues to deal with the first time, but I think the difference is funny :p

G SpOtZ
07-17-2006, 05:51 AM
I think I set a random record by beating the same random card player in the game far too many times to count, in hopes of getting a certain card.

I later found out that the certain card player I was playing against did not hold that level of cards. PHAILYER!

Black Mage FF1
07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Killed omega in like two turns. Not really record breaking, i think I read somewhere that someone beat him in one. Oh yeah and I didnt use The End. Dunno if it even works on him.

Just DoomTrain, Zell with 255 str. Punch Rush, Booya combo = dead omega.

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I beat Ultima weapon in three turns, but if you think about it Ultima isn't that hard.
Squall: Aura on Irvine
Rinoa: Draw Eden
Irvine: Demolition Ammo

BrokenWingzStillFly
07-18-2006, 09:04 PM
once i got Squall to level 100 or close to it on disk 1

Laugh at face of Danger
07-18-2006, 09:10 PM
i beat omega without any holy wars/invincibility items, didn't use The End, and none of my characters KOed once? took me half hour i think, though that might have included when i paused for dinner :D

And... yeah, that's about it.

Disco Potato
07-19-2006, 08:54 PM
I just remembered something else...when I fought Tonberry King the last time I played I got really lucky and beat him in 3 moves.

Quistis - cast Meltdown
Zell - cast Aura on Squall
Squall - Lionheart

And I was prepared for a long battle :p

Ryushikaze
07-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Two moves- Zell- Duel, Squall- Renzokuken.

And I killed Jumbo Cactuar in one move.

Addendum: Defeating every boss in Ultimecia's castle, save Omega Weapon, without taking a lick of damage. Omega got in a few lucky hits before Rinoa summoned Invincible Moon to refresh the invincibility.

At least 20 times that move got used that battle.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 05:48 PM
I love using Renzozuken on Jumbo Cactuar :exdee:

Hyperion4444
07-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Survive Omega Weapon's Terra Break without any kind of support.

any questions?...

Laugh at face of Danger
07-22-2006, 11:02 PM
eh?

Hyperion4444
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Survive Omega Weapon's Terra Break without casting any GFs, Use any Heros, Holy Wars, Trials, Defend or anything else beside his attack against my characters.
(Phoenix Pinion may help to get your characters revived, but it's consisdered not surviving it since everyone is down.)

FTF
07-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Hyperion.... 255 vitality (or spirit? I'm not sure what Terra Break classifies as..)? To be honest, I have very little Omega experience, I refuse to try him until I'm very close to maxed out. Why? I'm a wuss who got scared of him after being DESTROYED my first try (sans preparation for how hard he'd be). :D

I'd like to know some boosting records though. I'm not that great at it, but when I actually try (rarely, it hurts...) I have got 187 with Quezacotl, 182 :( with Shiva, 202 with Siren... and that's about all I remember. Oh yeah, 250 with Eden. :p

Hyperion4444
07-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Hyperion.... 255 vitality (or spirit? I'm not sure what Terra Break classifies as..)?

Both actually.
His attack is Physical&Magical at the same time.

To be honest, I have very little Omega experience, I refuse to try him until I'm very close to maxed out. Why? I'm a wuss who got scared of him after being DESTROYED my first try (sans preparation for how hard he'd be). :D

Good for you! You should be prepared like me, if you can...
All characters Maxed at 255 (Str,Vit,Mag,Spr,Spd,Luck)
All Characters&GFs LVL100
All Characters 9999HP
All that without any Magic Junction
Most of them 90% Magic Absorb, I got so much Spr that it doesn't make much of a difference...
All must have X4 GF Ability With Auto-Protect/Auto-Shell/(Auto-Haste)/Ribbon, you don't need Auto-Haste to survive it, but it's useful to have.
All GF capabilities are maxed for all Characters, useless anyway...

I'd like to know some boosting records though. I'm not that great at it, but when I actually try (rarely, it hurts...) I have got 187 with Quezacotl, 182 :( with Shiva, 202 with Siren... and that's about all I remember. Oh yeah, 250 with Eden. :p

Does that help?

Squall : Lionhearth (Must)
Rinoa : Angel Wing/Invinsible Moon (Must)
Anyone beside Selphie : She doesn't damage

You can choose anyone else too, if you like to complicate things...

If you have heroes, that'll help, if you're not Godly.
Junction 100% Death Resist, because your party will be defeated at the first time he tries LVL? Death.
Always Recover
Especially after your party drops at 1 HP (if you have 9999 HP Remaining)
After that attack, he'll use Terra Break ''Heros will help a lot''
Use the Angel Wing/Meteor Shower Trick ''can be seen in limit breaks on EoFF''.
Omega Weapon has 8 million HP. (Or somewhat, maybe it's seven 7s...)
Your Limit Break Attacks should be the Only Offensif Attack on Omega Weapon. Magic/Attack/Abilty doesn't hit hard enought, even 3xMeteor.

FTF
07-26-2006, 06:02 PM
First off, thank you VERY much. I plan to have a bunch of holy wars and the like on hand during the battle (Gilgamesh & Laguna cards :cool: ).

Excuse me for the following newbie questions, but I have to ask:

1. What does ribbon do again?
2. How do I max out luck without junctioning? I know about Spd, HP, Str, Vit, Mag, and Spr, but I didn't know luck was possible. :confused:

Thanks alot for the advice.

Hyperion4444
07-26-2006, 08:18 PM
First off.
Both of your question
You need the PC version or a pocketstation(almost impossible to find, only in Japan)

1-Ribbon Nultrifys all status element. (100% ST DEF to All)
2-The only true way to max them is with the Chocobo RPG (found on the PC version.)
If you do have the Chocobo RPG mini-game, please make a copy of the save file.

With that small mini-rpg, you can have All of the Items in the Game except for the magazines, and all means more that you can acquire in the real game ''like Ribbon, Friendship(Moomba attack) and Minimog(somekind of dance)''.

It's easy to have all the rare items, Including the rare GF abilities and the Boosting items (HP UP,...Luck UP) minus HIT&EVADE because they don't exist.

This saves you some time when you junction your magic, but takes time to accomplish...

Hope this info helps you.

FTF
07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Ah, I'm out of luck there then. Canada + PS version. :(

That's alright though, I've really never understood luck.. it doesn't seem important. The stats I mentioned are fairly simple (albeit slow) to max out, though.

Thanks again, and now I'll stop pulling the thread off topic. :p

Hyperion4444
07-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Don't worry.

I'm sure you can get yourself a copy of that game somewhere.
Try to order it from a big name compagny in your town that sells PCs in your area and they'll get your order.

If not, maybe someone you know has it.

Oh, and by the way...
(I did a 3h trip just to get my hands on the PS version of FFVIII)
I'm not what you would call, a lucky guy, but I do try to make some distance in achieving my goals.

I have a playstation 2 at home, it plays nice!
But since I got my new PC, My PC is much better.

In any case,

Things that you still can do:
Max all HP to 9999
Max Squall Strength to 255
Max Rinoa Magic to 255 (Don't junction your best magic to strength, you won't use it)
Use a Character that you are familiar with in terms of limit breaks, Irvine/Zell/Quistis are your best shot here.
Place your configurations of your battle Speed to the lowest. (Highly Recomend you)

Omega's attacks:
1. Meteor - Causes a bit of damage to all. (Ruby Dragon)

2. Medigo Flame - Causes 9998 damage to all, no matter what. Healing is a must after this move. (Omega)
(then it's Terra Break ...)

3. Gravija - Takes 3/4 of current HP. Healing is highly recommended after this move. (Diablo)

4. Terra Break - This attack (EoFF don't know) is actually Physical as well as Magical, junctioning Auto-Protect and/or Auto-Shell reduces the damage. (Omega)
The only way to survive this is to have super Godly (9999HP, All255, Auto-P/S/H+Ribbon)
... maybe a little luck too.
(Even with that, I don't always survive it, and when I do, there's only one Character left...)
Best way to counter is with heroes on all characters.

5. Ultima - Causes some good damage if lacking in Spirit. (Adel)

6. Light Pillar - Causes 9999 damage to one person. Basically, a totally unblockable instant death move. (Ultima Weapon)

7. LVL Death, (The first attack). I'm surprised this site negleted it. instant Death to all, be sure to have 100% Death Resist. (Monsters)

8. Normal Attack, it happens...

His moves are not in this order...

The Game Starts:
When you start,
Omega's first attack is LVL? Death
Basicly, if you don't have 100% Death Resist, you're dead.
If you have more than One Phoenix Pinion, use it, this will trigger the system and gives you a chance to get resurrected if your party is to be annihilated.

Place aura or aura stones on All (at least Squall&Rinoa)
try to Rinoa/Angelo Combine until you get invinsible moon
Squall should always attack Limit Breaks (Try not to have Perfect in all of your Renzokukens, I suspect it gives you more chance to cast Lionhearth, I played a lot and seems to point that, but I can't prove this... in any case, He'll hit harder.)
The Third Character is your support character, don't use him anything else beside healing.
(It be wise of you to use him when Squall Finshes, and returns from a Limit Break, that way, you will only flip Squall only you get the Limit Break. Use Something that last long like Meteor or Ultima or (their stones)

Once you get Invinsible Moon, you can Breathe... for a while, don't stop your attacks!
Now, once that (or Holy Wars) is in place, Change Rinoa to Angel Wing (Using the Only-Cast Meteor Shower trick) and let her be like that t'ill He's defeated, or she's defeated.
Once invinsible, your third party member can finally use his limit break.

Once Omega uses his Medigo Flame, Full Heal/Megalixir&HolyWars/Heros (He's going to use Terra Break)

You can check this out, it'll help you a lot. But I you can use my version instead.
Omega Strategy Guide (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/ff8omega.php)

If you follow my guide, you shouldn't have too much problems.
I Hope it Helps you!

With 255 of Speed (+Auto-Haste). I can own Omega Weapon with just Rinoa.
She can do about 16 attacks while Omega does one.

Game Starts:
Squall: Aura Stone on Rinoa
Third Character: Holy War
Rinoa: Angel Wing

*Leave the PC, goes outside get a walk, comes back in, Omega is Defeated.*

**You Win!**

I wish I could say the same for the Non-Japanised PS version...

FTF
07-27-2006, 03:19 AM
*Saves to notepad*

Thanks again!

Anyways, in an attempt to stay on subject here, I got past 190 boost with both Shiva and Quezacotl... which I'm sure isn't great, but it's a personal record. :D