PDA

View Full Version : Program

Darknight32
07-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey everyone i am new here, and i have a question that i have been wondering for a while now. I wanted to know if Square Enix uses a program to make there later final fantasy games (7,8,9,10)

Dreddz
07-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Im sure they use various programs that none of us would of heard of....

Mo-Nercy
07-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Even if they were readily available, I doubt one person would be able to replicate a game of the same quality.

But to answer your question. Yes they definitely use a program.

Mirage
07-16-2006, 04:04 AM
They probably use programs like 3Dstudio max, Lightwave, Maya, Photoshop, plus a number of editors for programming languages, and several sound manipulation programs.
You would need several decades to become good at all these programs, and a few more decades to actually make Final Fantasy quality games after you know how to do it.

Darknight32
07-16-2006, 04:25 AM
thanks, i was just wonderin... kinda like one of those random questions that i think of like why is the sky blue and the grass green (don't answer that, way to complex for me lol) :)

Rengori
07-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Grass is green because of pigments inside of it, and the sky is blue from reflections off of water particles in the air. Those are pretty straightforward answers.

And SE probably uses lots of programs to make their games, and they do so with a very large staff. Just watch the credits to any of their games.

Roto13
07-16-2006, 06:39 AM
They're using RPG Maker XP for Final Fantasy XIII

Christmas
07-16-2006, 06:57 AM
I alway thought they used a pen and some Lego blocks to make all their games. :screwy:

DJZen
07-16-2006, 08:29 AM
They're using RPG Maker XP for Final Fantasy XIII

roto13-ness wins at the internets

blackmage_nuke
07-16-2006, 10:39 AM
and the sky is blue from reflections off of water particles in the airI thought it was the Oxygen particles?

Rengori
07-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty sure it was water particles. But I don't remember much of Science, so I might be wrong.

KentaRawr!
07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
They use the Mario Kart DS Decal Maker. :)

ljkkjlcm9
07-16-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it was water particles. But I don't remember much of Science, so I might be wrong.

"The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue."

There you go.

As for the topic at hand, I'm sure they use some programs for the digital modeling, because I know most games do.

THE JACKEL

Darknight32
07-18-2006, 02:39 PM
i have another question and i figured i would ask it hear. Is there a program that could take the models made on maya, 3d Studio Max, and lightwave and put them into a video game????