PDA

View Full Version : Uwe Boll

Elite Lord Sigma
07-16-2006, 09:28 AM
What is your opinion on Uwe Boll? In case you don't know who he is, he is a German director of movies infamous for his video game movies, like House of the Dead, BloodRayne, and Alone in the Dark. I have never seen any of his movies, and judging by some of the reviews I'm reading of his movies, I'm glad I haven't.

~SapphireStar~
07-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Bloodrayne was horrid and I want to see Alone in the Dark to see how he has messed up one of my fav game series. But I wont allow myself to be tormented.

Shiny
07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
He is a horrible director. I mean, I seriously doubt I've seen a movie worst than House of the Dead. And it was only 5 minutes of it! He should leave video games alone and let them be just that...video games.

LunarWeaver
07-16-2006, 07:05 PM
When there are petitions to get you to stop making movies you should stop.

Shoeberto
07-16-2006, 07:19 PM
It's pretty much a crime that he's allowed to take licenses and run them into the ground, though obviously HOTD, BloodRayne, and Alone in the Dark are hardly hot property these days. It'd be forgiveable if he was just doing little original projects that could be written off, or at least, forgettable, but when there's a fanbase there to be ticked off, it's a different story.

Moon Rabbits
07-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I heard he obtained the rights to Dungeon Siege :(

Roto13
07-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Someone mentioned he was briefly considered to make the Soul Calibur movie.

drunkymonkey
07-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Uwe Boll is the devil incarnate.

~SapphireStar~
07-16-2006, 07:46 PM
I will pay handsomely to the person who rids us of this menace.

drunkymonkey
07-16-2006, 07:47 PM
I will pay handsomely to the person who rids us of this menace.I say, that's a bit rash isn't it?

fantasyjunkie
07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
I will pay handsomely to the person who rids us of this menace.I say, that's a bit rash isn't it?
Rash but needed.

drunkymonkey
07-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I will pay handsomely to the person who rids us of this menace.I say, that's a bit rash isn't it? Rash but needed.I think a 'cease and desist' letter would work slightly better.

~SapphireStar~
07-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Nah, letters dont get you very far. Letters can be thrown away and ignored, but a good bruise or broken leg cant be gotten rid of as easily.

Captain Maxx Power
07-17-2006, 10:38 PM
What really gets me is his utter belief that what he is doing is going to go down in history. The arrogance of the guy goes beyond reason. However he does have a point. Fight Club, Donnie Darko and The Shawshank Redemption. Three great movies, but I guarantee the large majority of people here couldn't name the directors off-hand for all three without checking ImDb. Yet ask anyone to name the director of Alone In The Dark/Bloodrain/House of the Dead and...boom, pop-culture headshot! Uwe Boll will go down as this centuries Ed Wood.

drunkymonkey
07-17-2006, 10:40 PM
It's true. Terrible movies will always be remembered.

Shoeberto
07-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Uwe Boll will go down as this centuries Ed Wood.
Wow, that point is so good it's kind of sad. I just wonder who the big-name director is gonna be that'll make a movie about his life.

Yamaneko
07-17-2006, 11:58 PM
<a href="http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/13/nows-your-chance-to-thrown-down-with-uwe/">Throw down against Uwe Boll. He might even kick your ass.</a>

fantasyjunkie
07-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Nah, letters dont get you very far. Letters can be thrown away and ignored, but a good bruise or broken leg cant be gotten rid of as easily.
What she said!!!!!! :D

Timber Maniac
07-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Has anybody accepted his challenge to fight him in a boxing match yet? I'd love to see him get whooped, but he is a pretty huge guy and I feel sorry for whoever the acne-faced nerd is who squares off with him. :(

Fuego
07-18-2006, 11:29 PM
i don't know to much about the guy ... but his movies do suck.
i think if someone did make an attempt on him it would be like that
nancy kerrigan thing ... and he'd be a martyr
i say we just ignore him ... and i bet he'll get tired of making movies that have no boxoffice earnings or at the very least the production and distribution company will drop him ... cause he's waisting their money ...
hehe :D