PDA

View Full Version : People PC

Cruise Control
07-16-2006, 05:13 PM
My mom asked me to gather info about people PC. Who has it, and what do you think about it? Is it better or worse than your last service provider?

fantasyjunkie
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
People PC? I haven't heard of it, is it dial up?

Xaven
07-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Yes. It's dial up and looks to be incredibly cheap (in a bad way). However, that's just what I pull from the commercial. I dun have any first-hand experience with it. :3

rubah
07-17-2006, 12:28 AM
They sent us a cd rom.

That automatically makes them as bad as aol so stay away.

(I took the cd and threw it away before my parents could find it and even try to SAY they wanted it)

Yamaneko
07-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Many broadband companies now offer high speed connections for $15. There's really no reason to get dial-up anymore. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

rubah
07-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Best I can get here is $25.

RSL
07-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Most broadband stuff here is a ripoff, but it is available.

The problem is that my hometown assumes no one knows anything about anything and tried to hook you with no more information than "High speed internet!" and "Always on!" and then they try to sell you 128K for 30 bucks. What? That's barely any different than dial up!

So I go out of town for my DSL, much better.

As for the actual topic, People PC is something that I used one time when I didn't have my DSL. It was cheap. To be honest, I wouldn't know how it compared to other dial up. I just know that it was slow.

Mr. Graves
07-17-2006, 03:19 AM
It's dial-up. Tell your mother to look for something else.

Peegee
07-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Not everybody can get broadband. I had a customer who has it because

a) cable company is full on customers
b) so is the satellite company
c) city is planning another infrastructural change ETA fifty million years from now

:(

Nominus Experse
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Before I got DSL, I had People PC. It is a terrible program, full of flaws in any concievable (and inconcievable) form or fashion that you can imagine. The interface annoyed me, the whole process of getting connected annoyed me, and their claim of getting you the fastest internet connection it can is a lie. I hated it. I repeat, I loathed the thing.

It's cheap, and that's the only good thing about it, but even then, I felt better not being on the net at all while I had People PC.