PDA

View Full Version : 911 call for 'cute' deputy gets woman arrested

Crossblades
07-16-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/14/911.misuse.ap/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

ALOHA, Oregon (AP) -- A woman who called 911 to get "the cutest cop I've seen" sent back to her home got a date all right -- a court date.

The same sheriff's deputy arrested her on charges of misuse of the emergency dispatch system.

Washington County Sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson told KGW-TV of Portland it all started with a noise complaint called in last month by neighbors of Lorna Jeanne Dudash. The deputy sent to check on the complaint knocked on her door then left.

Thompson said Dudash then called 911, asking that the "cutie pie" deputy return.

"He's the cutest cop I've seen in a long time. I just want to know his name," Dudash told the dispatcher. "Heck, it doesn't come very often a good man comes to your doorstep."

After listening to some more, followed by a bit of silence, the dispatcher asked again why Dudash needed the deputy to return.

"Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old, and I'd just like to meet him again, but I don't know how to go about doing that without calling 911," she said.

"I know this is absolutely not in any way, shape or form an emergency, but if you would give the officer my phone number and ask him to come back, would you mind?"

The deputy returned, verified that there was no emergency and arrested her for misusing the 911 system, an offense punishable by a fine of up to several thousand dollars and a year in jail.

Thompson said Thursday it was the first case he knew of in which someone called the emergency line for such a personal reason.

"That's taking up valuable time from dispatchers who could be taking true emergency calls," he said.

DeathKnight
07-16-2006, 07:08 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/14/911.misuse.ap/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

ALOHA, Oregon (AP) -- A woman who called 911 to get "the cutest cop I've seen" sent back to her home got a date all right -- a court date.

The same sheriff's deputy arrested her on charges of misuse of the emergency dispatch system.

Washington County Sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson told KGW-TV of Portland it all started with a noise complaint called in last month by neighbors of Lorna Jeanne Dudash. The deputy sent to check on the complaint knocked on her door then left.

Thompson said Dudash then called 911, asking that the "cutie pie" deputy return.

"He's the cutest cop I've seen in a long time. I just want to know his name," Dudash told the dispatcher. "Heck, it doesn't come very often a good man comes to your doorstep."

After listening to some more, followed by a bit of silence, the dispatcher asked again why Dudash needed the deputy to return.

"Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old, and I'd just like to meet him again, but I don't know how to go about doing that without calling 911," she said.

"I know this is absolutely not in any way, shape or form an emergency, but if you would give the officer my phone number and ask him to come back, would you mind?"

The deputy returned, verified that there was no emergency and arrested her for misusing the 911 system, an offense punishable by a fine of up to several thousand dollars and a year in jail.

Thompson said Thursday it was the first case he knew of in which someone called the emergency line for such a personal reason.

"That's taking up valuable time from dispatchers who could be taking true emergency calls," he said.

she's retarted and I would've arrested her too.

mooglebunni608
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
That is great! Emergency dating service lol!

~SapphireStar~
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Her dream date cost her $1,000 and a year in jail.
Bet she becomes a nun or lesbian, I wouldnt dare go near guys after that.

Loony BoB
07-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Or, you know, she could just decide not to break the law in order to find a guy. Could've just called the local police station...

drunkymonkey
07-16-2006, 07:32 PM
That is great! Emergency dating service lol!Hahaha, that made me lol.

escobert
07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
And the likelyness of them actually giving her 1 year in jail is slim or even thousands of dollars in fines. She'll get told to not do it again and have afew fines.

feona17
07-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Dude that's hilarious. That's so pathetic though, sheesh.

G SpOtZ
07-16-2006, 08:53 PM
So sad. So very, very sad.

DeathKnight
07-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Dude that's hilarious. That's so pathetic though, sheesh.

my thoughts exactly

fantasyjunkie
07-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Or, you know, she could just decide not to break the law in order to find a guy. Could've just called the local police station...
I think she wasn't smart enough to do something as sensible as that though.

Old Manus
07-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Stop in the name of love

rubah
07-16-2006, 09:31 PM
because of 911, no one knows the local police station numbers.

Shlup
07-16-2006, 09:56 PM
This is excatly why, at 45, she's single.

Tavrobel
07-16-2006, 10:39 PM

Chaos
07-16-2006, 10:56 PM
xDDD Some people are just so silly!!

Reles
07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
That's a little harsh, that cop must have made quite the impression though.

lovehurts
07-16-2006, 11:51 PM
OH ARREST ME SEXY!!! USE SOM E FORCE!!! UMPH!!! YES!!! YES!!! OH YES!!! THE CUFFS HURT!! THIS IS SO ROMANTIC RIDING IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR CAR!!! OH tHIS IS SO SEXY BEING BEHIND BARS!!! CAGED LIKE AN ANIMAL!!! GRRRR!

ps: can i go home now?.....

Nominus Experse
07-17-2006, 12:03 AM
There are certain levels of mental insufficiency and retardation that astound me, even humour me, but this...

I'm at a loss...

Roto13
07-17-2006, 12:06 AM
because of 911, no one knows the local police station numbers.
Someone should get her a phone book.

Reine
07-17-2006, 12:25 AM
There are certain levels of mental insufficiency and retardation that astound me, even humour me, but this...

I'm at a loss...

As am I

Dignified Pauper
07-17-2006, 03:55 AM
i feel bad for her

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Bingo. Crazy word I'd get kicked off staff and banned for.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Bingo. Crazy word I'd get kicked off staff and banned for.

Go oooon, say it! You know you want to ;D

Giga Guess
07-17-2006, 04:34 AM
So sad. So very, very sad.

GooeyToast
07-17-2006, 05:23 AM
You have the right to remain stupid.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-17-2006, 05:28 AM
She frankly deserved it, for being an idiot, and potentially distracting the EMD from something more serious.

Jojee
07-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Couldn't she have made up a better story :(

"He left his wallet here"

"There's a rabid monkey in the house"

I dunno, anything ;)

Crossblades
07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
OH ARREST ME SEXY!!! USE SOM E FORCE!!! UMPH!!! YES!!! YES!!! OH YES!!! THE CUFFS HURT!! THIS IS SO ROMANTIC RIDING IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR CAR!!! OH tHIS IS SO SEXY BEING BEHIND BARS!!! CAGED LIKE AN ANIMAL!!! GRRRR!

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at that:lol:

Peegee
07-17-2006, 09:53 PM

Stop showing off.

Rengori
07-17-2006, 10:09 PM

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at that:lol:

Resha
07-17-2006, 10:18 PM
How utterly novel. I like it.

Evastio
07-19-2006, 02:41 AM
I think she went a little too far, even though she did do it out of love.

Giga Guess
07-19-2006, 03:40 AM
I think she went a little too far, even though she did do it out of love.

Kind of edging on scary, though.

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2006, 04:44 AM
He probably wasn't even that cute. It just seems like a really desperate move on her part.

Good on her for taking the initiative. Too bad she did it in such a stupid way.