PDA

View Full Version : Need Some FFX Advice.

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
OK. I just beat Lady Yunalesca and I now have full control of Cid's airship. I can go fight Sin right now if I want, but I'd like to level up a little bit first. Can anyone tell me the best place to fight enemies to level up before fighting Sin? Thanks.

G SpOtZ
07-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Omega Ruins is a pretty good place.

abrojtm
07-16-2006, 09:28 PM
There are some neat AP exploiting tricks that I'm sure you could find if you looked around here.

Tavrobel
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Depends on how many Sphere levels you currently have/used. You will either be ready for the Omega Ruins, or if you play with as low levels as I did, you won't survive anything past the Calm Lands. The Omega Ruins enemies are actually more difficult than the enemies Inside of Sin, but unlike the Ruins, there is a severe lack of Save points until the beginning of the City of the Dead.

I would go for Sin and the final battles right now, and do all the side quests after you have beaten the game once. It shouldn't be hard, and there are AP exploiting threads all around the FFX forum.

feona17
07-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah I have that problem too. The Omega ruins, I can get through but certain fiends get to me because I don't have appropiate armors (like confuseproof and berserkproof) So yeah, basically, I'd go with Calm Lands because it's safe if you haven't leveled up enough, or Omega.. tons of AP there.

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 11:49 PM
The thing is, I am having trouble beating Sin. I can't get him before he uses his overdrive and he keeps killing me. My Yuna is strong. She has Holy. Auron is doing good on the sphere grid as well. Tidus should be doing good since his sphere grid is HUGE, but his physical attacks are weak.

I haven't really leveled up Wakka, Lulu, Kimarhi, or Rikku though...

Tavrobel
07-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Since you have Yuna, bust out Holy as often as you can (I don't have this option when I play). Using Tidus, cast Haste or Hastega on all of the members who can do large amounts of damage. Auron should just attack normally. Tidus can either use Quick Hit, or substitue for someone who can do more damage (most likely Kimahri or Wakka).

Since your seconddary characters are weak, this will be much harder. If Rikku knows Spare change, throw 99990 gil to cause 9999 damage to Sin. Kimahri should use an Overdrive, and then substitute for anyone else (preferably Mighty Guard if you have it). Lulu can Fury any high power spell (Flare if she has it, otherwise, use a level 3 elemental spell). If Lulu also knows Doublecast, then keep her in the party after you recall Tidus. If Wakka knows Attack Reels (not bloody likely), use it, and hope you get 3 of the 2xHit tabs for massive damage. Otherwise, line up three of the same element to cause something in the area of 9k damage.

Sin can be rather unpredictable, so make sure you can heal status ailments quickly (especially Petrify), and get everyone back onto Haste if you lose the buff. Fortunately, this Sin is rather passive, and uses few heavy damage attack options. Rikku can heal most of these ailments causable by using an Al Bhed Potion.

If Sin's HP is getting low (or his Overdrive is near completion), then bring out an Aeon (Bahamut, usually), and hope it finishes off Sin, as Aeons charge Sin's Overdrive Bar EXTREMELY fast. Using this strategy (which is based on a blitz of pure power, as the battle is all about that), you should be able to prevail as long as Auron can do more than 2000 damage, and Tidus can do more than 1500. Holy should be dealing at least 5k damage, but the serious drawback is that Yuna's Holy has one of the longest cooldown rates in the game and is expensive, which compromises her surprisingly excellent speed.

Remember, you can save in between the Fin and Core Sin fights and the Overdrive Sin fight. Make sure your characters have the best equipment that you currently have, and that Sin is immune to almost every ailment.

SuperNatural
07-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Since you have Yuna, bust out Holy as often as you can (I don't have this option when I play). Using Tidus, cast Haste or Hastega on all of the members who can do large amounts of damage. Auron should just attack normally. Tidus can either use Quick Hit, or substitue for someone who can do more damage (most likely Kimahri or Wakka).

Since your seconddary characters are weak, this will be much harder. If Rikku knows Spare change, throw 99990 gil to cause 9999 damage to Sin. Kimahri should use an Overdrive, and then substitute for anyone else (preferably Mighty Guard if you have it). Lulu can Fury any high power spell (Flare if she has it, otherwise, use a level 3 elemental spell). If Lulu also knows Doublecast, then keep her in the party after you recall Tidus. If Wakka knows Attack Reels (not bloody likely), use it, and hope you get 3 of the 2xHit tabs for massive damage. Otherwise, line up three of the same element to cause something in the area of 9k damage.

Sin can be rather unpredictable, so make sure you can heal status ailments quickly (especially Petrify), and get everyone back onto Haste if you lose the buff. Fortunately, this Sin is rather passive, and uses few heavy damage attack options. Rikku can heal most of these ailments causable by using an Al Bhed Potion.

If Sin's HP is getting low (or his Overdrive is near completion), then bring out an Aeon (Bahamut, usually), and hope it finishes off Sin, as Aeons charge Sin's Overdrive Bar EXTREMELY fast. Using this strategy (which is based on a blitz of pure power, as the battle is all about that), you should be able to prevail as long as Auron can do more than 2000 damage, and Tidus can do more than 1500. Holy should be dealing at least 5k damage, but the serious drawback is that Yuna's Holy has one of the longest cooldown rates in the game and is expensive, which compromises her surprisingly excellent speed.

Remember, you can save in between the Fin and Core Sin fights and the Overdrive Sin fight. Make sure your characters have the best equipment that you currently have, and that Sin is immune to almost every ailment.
Thanks! I'll try this out tonight. My Auron can do much more than 2000 damage though. I think it was like 4000 or 5000, but my Tidus is only doing 750 damage to Sin. Maybe it is the sword he is using. Anyways, thank you very much! I'll try this strategy out.

EDIT: I guess I will go back to the Dome and level up my Rikku and Wakka since they are very weak.

4evarisha
07-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Tidus-Omega Ruins/Inside Sin
Wakka-Omega Ruins/Calm Lands
Auron-Omega Ruins/Calm Lands
Kimarhi-Macalania woods(Lancet on chimeras or Xiophos you get 4 level up immediatly)
Lulu-Omega Ruins/Zanarkand Ruins
Rikku-Bikanel Island/Mt.Gagazet
Yuna-Omega Ruins/Calm Lands

SuperNatural
07-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Tidus-Omega Ruins/Inside Sin
Wakka-Omega Ruins/Calm Lands
Auron-Omega Ruins/Calm Lands
Kimarhi-Macalania woods(Lancet on chimeras or Xiophos you get 4 level up immediatly)
Lulu-Omega Ruins/Zanarkand Ruins
Rikku-Bikanel Island/Mt.Gagazet
Yuna-Omega Ruins/Calm Lands
OK... where the hell is this Omega Ruins place?

4evarisha
07-17-2006, 01:23 AM
You need to find it in the map in the airship the coordinates are
X = 69-75 :: Y = 33-38

Here are other coordinates and what you can find them

- Baaj Temple:
X = 11-16
Y = 57-63
Things to do here: Lulu's Legendary weapons's here (Onion Knight) and the aeon Anima.

- Besaid Falls:
X = 29-32
Y = 73-76
Things to do here: Treasure chest containing Dragoon Lance which is a weapon for Kimahri.

- Mi'ihen Ruins:
X = 33-36
Y = 55-60
Things to do here: Treasure chest containg Sonar which is a weapon for Rikku.

- Battle Site:
X = 39-43
Y = 56-60
Things to do here: Treasure chest containing Phantom Bangle which is an armor for Lulu.

- Sanubia Desert:
X = 12-16
Y = 41-45
Things to do here: Treasure chest containing Ascalon which is a weapon for Tidus.

- Omega Ruins:
X = 69-75
Y = 33-38
Things to do here: This is really a big area and there are many treasure chests here. There's also two optional bosses here, Ultima & Omega Weapon

These are the airship passwords

# 1: GODHAND (Rikku's legendary weapon)
# 2: VICTORIOUS (Armor for Rikku)
# 3: MURASAME (Weapon for Auron)

When entering a password, a new location will appear on the map.

SuperNatural
07-17-2006, 02:00 AM

- Baaj Temple:
X = 11-16
Y = 57-63
Things to do here: Lulu's Legendary weapons's here (Onion Knight) and the aeon Anima.

- Besaid Falls:
X = 29-32
Y = 73-76
Things to do here: Treasure chest containing Dragoon Lance which is a weapon for Kimahri.

- Mi'ihen Ruins:
X = 33-36
Y = 55-60

- Battle Site:
X = 39-43
Y = 56-60
Things to do here: Treasure chest containing Phantom Bangle which is an armor for Lulu.

- Sanubia Desert:
X = 12-16
Y = 41-45
Things to do here: Treasure chest containing Ascalon which is a weapon for Tidus.

- Omega Ruins:
X = 69-75
Y = 33-38
Things to do here: This is really a big area and there are many treasure chests here. There's also two optional bosses here, Ultima & Omega Weapon

Thanks! That'll really help me out. I already typed in those passwords, but I can't open the chest at the GODHAND for some reason.

Tavrobel
07-17-2006, 02:00 AM
You can level everyone up where you wish, Zanarkand Dome recommended, since you are having trouble at Sin (so you can't use Inside Sin, and you wouldn't survive Omega Ruins). Using Lancet and learning a skill does nothing for your AP gain, risha. It only refills your overdrive bar.

feona17
07-17-2006, 04:00 AM

To add to that, I always got Rikku and Lulu to learn Holy. So while Yuna was dealing 9999 damage, both Rikku and Lulu were dealing 5k. Auron and Tidus should be dealing 5k, but that's how much I had leveled them up by that part of that game. I was lucky when I beat Sin, I only had Rikku and Yuna alive, Yuna was totally in the yellow HP zone and luckily Rikku had some awesome items. So bust everything out, just don't fill up his overdrive bar.

SuperNatural
07-17-2006, 04:39 AM
You can level everyone up where you wish, Zanarkand Dome recommended, since you are having trouble at Sin (so you can't use Inside Sin, and you wouldn't survive Omega Ruins). Using Lancet and learning a skill does nothing for your AP gain, risha. It only refills your overdrive bar.
I am actually doing quite well in the Omega Ruins. The enemies are tough, but they haven't killed me yet.

4evarisha
07-17-2006, 07:02 AM

- Baaj Temple:
X = 11-16
Y = 57-63

- Besaid Falls:
X = 29-32
Y = 73-76

- Mi'ihen Ruins:
X = 33-36
Y = 55-60

- Battle Site:
X = 39-43
Y = 56-60

- Sanubia Desert:
X = 12-16
Y = 41-45

- Omega Ruins:
X = 69-75
Y = 33-38

Thanks! That'll really help me out. I already typed in those passwords, but I can't open the chest at the GODHAND for some reason.

Do you have the Celestial Mirror???

-TIDUS-
07-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Some other things you can do are to customize your weapons with the double AP ability, which I think takes 12 megalixers, or/and customize it with overdrive=AP, which converts your overdrive gauge to AP. You can get the overdrive=AP ability by using 10 Doorways to Tomorrow. You can receive 99 Doorways to Tomorrow for capturing all the fiends from six different areas.

The reason you can't open the chest with the Godhand is because you don't have the Celestial Mirror. I'm sure you can find out how to obtain it somewhere on this site.

SuperNatural
07-17-2006, 05:25 PM
No I don't have the Celestial Mirror. Where do I find it?

Sorry to sound like a n00b, but I suck at this game. I have been playing it on and off for almost 3 years and had to even restart my game once because I messed up all my characters' grids (didn't know how to really use it at the time).

4evarisha
07-17-2006, 08:02 PM
The Cloudy/Celestial Mirror

Go to the Remiem Temple in the Calm Lands. Talk to the Chocobo on the right hand side to race on the spiraling track under the temple. If you win, you will receive the Cloudy Mirror. To acquire the Celestial Mirror, you must take the Cloudy Mirror to Macalania Woods.

Talk to the mother and son near the Save Sphere in Macalania Woods. The mother will mention that her husband is supposed to meet her. Go to the campsite and talk to the man to the right. Tell him where his wife and son are and return to that point.

Head up the mysterious glowing path near the Save Sphere. At the intersection, head North until you see the boy standing in front of a large, spherical crystal. Talk to the boy and use the Cloudy Mirror on the crystal. This will give you the Celestial Mirror. When you want to empower a character's Celestial Weapon, you need to return to Macalania Woods and head up the Crystal Path to the large crystal. Go up to it selecting the appropriate character and the weapon itself is empowered. Go up to it a second time with the appropriate Sigil and Crest and the weapon gains its full power.

SuperNatural
07-17-2006, 08:14 PM
The Cloudy/Celestial Mirror

Go to the Remiem Temple in the Calm Lands. Talk to the Chocobo on the right hand side to race on the spiraling track under the temple. If you win, you will receive the Cloudy Mirror. To acquire the Celestial Mirror, you must take the Cloudy Mirror to Macalania Woods.

Talk to the mother and son near the Save Sphere in Macalania Woods. The mother will mention that her husband is supposed to meet her. Go to the campsite and talk to the man to the right. Tell him where his wife and son are and return to that point.

Head up the mysterious glowing path near the Save Sphere. At the intersection, head North until you see the boy standing in front of a large, spherical crystal. Talk to the boy and use the Cloudy Mirror on the crystal. This will give you the Celestial Mirror. When you want to empower a character's Celestial Weapon, you need to return to Macalania Woods and head up the Crystal Path to the large crystal. Go up to it selecting the appropriate character and the weapon itself is empowered. Go up to it a second time with the appropriate Sigil and Crest and the weapon gains its full power.
Thanks! I'll try that out later tonight.

4evarisha
07-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Okay I hope you good Luck!:)

mesmerized
07-21-2006, 03:56 PM
OK. I just beat Lady Yunalesca and I now have full control of Cid's airship. I can go fight Sin right now if I want, but I'd like to level up a little bit first. Can anyone tell me the best place to fight enemies to level up before fighting Sin? Thanks.
omega ruins is the perfect place...and also u could use a lot of pacience! good luck

SuperNatural
07-21-2006, 09:56 PM
I want to thank EVERYONE for your help. I finally beat the game and without any of the ultimate weapons or the extra Aeons (which I am sure a lot of people have done). Feels so good since I have had this game since Christmas of 2003 and finally beat it (well, I got to the Sin spawn boss when I first got it but was stuck since I messed up all my character's sphere grids so I gave up, then a year later I started a new game and got to the Sactuary Guardian and set the game aside for a while untill I picked it up last week). Anyways, I have known the ending since a friend told my back in '03, but it was still sad for me. Great game, but I think I'll skip X-2 for XII.

Anyways, mods can close this thread now.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
if u hav a high acc level (wakka's is usually pretty good) use valley of the cactuars. if u can't survive in omega ruins then just use zanarkand dome for a bit. i'd say until everyone's finished their segment of the sphere grid

mesmerized
07-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I want to thank EVERYONE for your help. I finally beat the game and without any of the ultimate weapons or the extra Aeons (which I am sure a lot of people have done). Feels so good since I have had this game since Christmas of 2003 and finally beat it (well, I got to the Sin spawn boss when I first got it but was stuck since I messed up all my character's sphere grids so I gave up, then a year later I started a new game and got to the Sactuary Guardian and set the game aside for a while untill I picked it up last week). Anyways, I have known the ending since a friend told my back in '03, but it was still sad for me. Great game, but I think I'll skip X-2 for XII.

Anyways, mods can close this thread now.

congrats!