PDA

View Full Version : BHT (Red Alert Bracket - Round One)

Agent Proto
07-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Red Alert Bracket

1. Zero (Mega Man X series)
1. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
2. Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
2. Bomberman (Bomberman series)
3. Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2)
3. Cless Alvein (Tales of Phantasia)
4. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
4. Jr. (XenoSaga series)
5. Ky Kiske (Guilty Gears series)
5. Jenna (Golden Sun)
6. Leon S Kennedy (Resident Evil series)
6. Kid (Chrono Cross)
7. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series)
7. Max Payne (Max Payne)
8. Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island series)
8. Vivi (Final Fantasy IX)

You are free to discuss the Red Alert Bracket in this thread. Please vote for your favorite characters in each numbered pair.

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Zero: Heh, cool green lightsaber.

Tidus: Yessiree.

Cless: CLESS.

Jr.: I haven't played Xenogears, so...probably Jr.

Jenna: Jenna!

Kid: I haven't played Cross yet, but I have a feeling I'd probably like him better than whoever in some survival horror game...

Lara Croft: I haven't played any of those choices, but at least I know who Lara Croft is. Guess we'll pick her.

Vivi: Don't think I need to explain this.

Roto13
07-17-2006, 01:39 AM
I would have voted for Yuna if it was Final Fantasy X Yuna, and not bouncy little Final Fantasy X-2 Yuna. Wear some pants!

Kid: I haven't played Cross yet, but I have a feeling I'd probably like him better than whoever in some survival horror game...
Kid is a girl :p

LunarWeaver
07-17-2006, 01:41 AM
I hyped Jr. up for Zero with my not-so-cryptic comments. Go Jr., go!

Ramza Beoulve
07-17-2006, 01:59 AM
I really need to say it?

Madame Adequate
07-17-2006, 04:34 AM
Everyone voting for Vivi over Threepwood is retarded.

Psychotic
07-17-2006, 04:35 AM
Everyone voting for Vivi over Threepwood is retarded.You said it.

Although maybe I'll be politically correct and say they're very silly people indeed.

Was this bracket named after the C&C series?

Agent Proto
07-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Not necessarily, Zero was part of Red Alert Syndicate in the Mega Man X series. That's where the name of the bracket originated.

Moon Rabbits
07-17-2006, 04:47 AM
Everyone voting for Vivi over Threepwood is retarded.

Vivi > Threepwood.

Yuna better win over Cless cuz Cless was the worst part of Phantasia >:o

Ramza Beoulve
07-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Not necessarily, Zero was part of Red Alert Syndicate in the Mega Man X series. That's where the name of the bracket originated.Actually, Red Alert is the name of the organization X, Zero and Axl fought in X7

Reine
07-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Being inlove with the original tomb raider trilogy, I vote Lara

Agent Proto
07-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Not necessarily, Zero was part of Red Alert Syndicate in the Mega Man X series. That's where the name of the bracket originated.Actually, Red Alert is the name of the organization X, Zero and Axl fought in X7

Oh, I guess I misread that when I was looking in Wikipedia. Oh well. Red Alert is part of the game Zero was in. Similarly named like the Heartless Bracket, where the Heartless were the enemies in Kingdom Hearts.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Vivi > Threepwood.

Wrong.

See, Vivi is cute.

Threepwood is an iconic character who essentially defines and represents a genre. He is a mascot of point 'n' click as much as Sonic is a mascot of SEGA.

He's also friggin' hilarious.

Moon Rabbits
07-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Vivi > Threepwood.

Wrong.

See, Vivi is cute.

Threepwood is an iconic character who essentially defines and represents a genre. He is a mascot of point 'n' click as much as Sonic is a mascot of SEGA.

He's also friggin' hilarious.

I've had more fun with other point-and-clicks, but he was hilarious...but Vivi's cuteness still wins my vote.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2006, 05:10 AM
I've had more fun with other point-and-clicks, but he was hilarious...but Vivi's cuteness still wins my vote.

Me too, but Purple Tentacle isn't up to be voted for here, and he's the only one who could compete with Guybrush. xD

Medi
07-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Tidus, Kid, Guybrush, and Vivi. Lara Croft would be one of the demeaning slutty female protagonists I mentioned in the Zebes thread.

DeathKnight
07-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Zero??? WTF??? :irked:

Tidus or Yuna FTW

Vivi I can tolerate but he wasn't all that important in FFIX................................................................................................ .................................................................................................... .............

NorthernChaosGod
07-17-2006, 06:13 AM
1. Zero (Mega Man X series)
2. Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
3. Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2)
4. Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
5. Ky Kiske (Guilty Gears series)
6. Kid (Chrono Cross)
7. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series)
8. Vivi (Final Fantasy IX)

drunkymonkey
07-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Vivi > Threepwood.
Wrong.

See, Vivi is cute.

He's also friggin' hilarious.QFT.

Moon Rabbits
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM

Me too, but Purple Tentacle isn't up to be voted for here, and he's the only one who could compete with Guybrush. xD

Purple Tentacle is <3.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Vivi or Leon on this one...

Dreddz
07-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Ky Kiske...............9 votes. Grrrrrrrrrr you'll all pay :mad2:

Dell
07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Vivi and Cress Albain!