PDA

View Full Version : BHT (Zenkden Bracket - Round One)

Agent Proto
07-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Zenkden Bracket

1. Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
1. Jin (Tekken series)
2. Rayman (Rayman series)
2. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark series)
3. Auron (Final Fantasy X)
3. Galuf (Final Fantasy V)
4. Mario (Mario series)
4. Poo (Earthbound)
5. Ryo Sakazaki (King of Fighters series)
5. Laharl (Disgaea)
6. Adol (Wanderers of Ys)
6. Claude (Star Ocean 2)
7. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
7. Yuri (Shadow Hearts 2)
8. Ryu (Street Fighter II series)
8. Andy (Advance War 2)

Feel free to discuss the Zenkden Bracket in this thread. Please vote for your favorite characters in each numbered pair.

Black Mage
07-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Galuf vs Auron? I mean, it's an easy choice, but we all know people will vote incorrectly for Auron. Butterfly ballot and all.

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Ramza: He'll Scream his way to the top.

Rayman: Cool name. :p

Galuf: Urgh...this was a tough one. I settled for Galuf.

Poo: Starstorm Omega!! *crash* *boom*

Laharl: I've only seen this game a few times.

Claude: "Teeear into pieces!"

Cloud: With all that materia he has, he's sure to pull a victory.

Andy: Never played these either, but I've seen all of Rengori's sigs.

oddler
07-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Claude: "Teeear into pieces!"

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. My favorite is when Leon says "Take it!", though.

I just felt like voting for Adol so he wouldn't feel left out. Man, what an unfair pairing. Ouch.

Ramza Beoulve
07-17-2006, 02:14 AM
Again... I really need to say it?

Behold the Void
07-17-2006, 02:16 AM
The fact that Laharl is winning makes me very, very happy.

Roto13
07-17-2006, 02:31 AM
Is it wrong of me to vote when I don't know who some of the characters are? >_>

Agent Proto
07-17-2006, 02:39 AM
That's ok. I don't expect everyone to know every character. :P

LunarWeaver
07-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Wow I couldn't choose between Cloud and Yuri so I gave it to Yuri thinking he'd need the support. Guess I'm wrong!

Doomie
07-17-2006, 03:36 AM
I didn't vote for any KoF or SF just because know Joel would want me to.

Moon Rabbits
07-17-2006, 04:42 AM
Poo better win or I'll be mad >:o

Rengori
07-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Wow, Laharl's tied with Ramza. Poor Andy though.

Medi
07-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Ramza, Auron, Mario, and Ryu. I'm gonna vote in all of these threads, so I won't bother writing out little sentences about each one. These threads are fun, though.

NorthernChaosGod
07-17-2006, 06:17 AM
1. Jin (Tekken series)
2. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark series)
3. Auron (Final Fantasy X)
4. Mario (Mario series)
5. Ryo Sakazaki (King of Fighters series)
6. Claude (Star Ocean 2)
7. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
8. Ryu (Street Fighter II series)

DeathKnight
07-17-2006, 06:22 AM
http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/cvs2/capcom/eryu.jpg

C'mon Ryu! you can do it

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Always go with the dude with the sunglasses.

Dreddz
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Ryu, no doubt. Best character on that list....

Agent Proto
07-18-2006, 02:36 AM
As promised, the first fight of the tournament. This is for the Zenkden Bracket, for the first pair in the bracket.

Ramza Beoulve vs. Jin Kazama
Written by Behold the Void

Amidst a wasteland of smashed and shattered trees, a young man stood in the middle of the wreckage, sweat covering his body. His hair was black and spiky, and his body was extremely muscular, all the more visible due to his lack of a shirt. He wore white pants with a black belt, and his hands and forearms were covered with white and red gauntlets.
The sound of footsteps echoed through the otherwise silent scene as another young man approached. He looked to be about the same age, with short blonde hair and a black, spiked mail armor. His legs were covered with steel greaves and he bore a large sword that seemed to swirl with chaotic might. On his other arm was strapped a tall gold-colored kite shield that seemed to shine in the waning sunlight.
The first man turned to regard the second.
“You are Ramza Beoulve?” he asked.
“I am,” Ramza replied. “You are the demon Jin Kazama?”
“I am,” Jin replied.
“Well then,” Ramza said, bringing his blade into a defensive stance. “Let’s get on with this, shall we?”
Jin smiled, his hands forming into claws and massive black, feathery wings sprouting from his back. Twin horns grew from his head, and his features became decidedly bestial.
“Yes, let’s,” he said, before charging forward, his powerful wings beating against the ground and taking him aloft.
Ramza backed up slightly, his hand clenching his sword. His face took on a look of intense concentration, and he let loose a primal scream from the depths of his throat that echoed throughout the shattered forest, scattering the few birds in the area. Energy seemed to pulse around him in waves as Jin swooped down, slashing at Ramza’s face with his claw.
Still screaming, Ramza brought his shield up and deflected the blow.
Jin grimaced in annoyance and pain as his claw smashed into the shield and bounced off. Just as Ramza was bringing his sword to bear to thrust into Jin’s chest, Jin’s powerful wings took him into the air and he began circling Ramza.
Ramza watched Jin carefully, his stance defensive. Lowering his sword slightly, he began chanting softly.
“Bright light, shine down on bloody impurity… HOLY!”
Just as Jin began swooping down to attack Ramza again, he found himself surrounded by a bright light. A ball of holy energy, and then another, and then several more burst from the ground, slamming into Jin’s body and blasting him upward.
The barrage ended as quickly as it had began, and Jin seemed to crumple to the ground, his wings and horns fading as he lay there, breathing heavily.
Sheathing his sword, Ramza turned and walked away.

Ramza Beoulve
07-18-2006, 03:45 AM
Hi Ho Tipity! n.n, I'm not Ramza Beoulve for notting n.n

Dell
07-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Ramza and Cloud!