PDA

View Full Version : I beat this game in two days...

Peter_20
07-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow, I go all turbo mode-ish, here.
A while ago I beat FF2 in five or so days, and now I suddenly beat FF1 in TWO days! :eek:
I didn't even tarry very long at Elfland, during the Ogre massacre leveling moment, which took about two hours (*hint* Power Peninsula *hint*). :cool:

I started this crazy thing during the evening, the day before yesterday, and then I managed all the way to Melmond in four hours.
The next day (yesterday), I played some more during the afternoon, and made it to the Water Shrine.
Then, during the evening, I beat the Water Shrine and the Mirage Tower, and then I went straight to the final dungeon and just breezed through it! :D

Wow, I never made it this fast before, it probably took about 10 hours! :eek::cool:

*Autumn*
07-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I started a new FF1 game today and in 3 hours I made it to the Ogre-massacre-ing part...still got 2 silver swords and lv 3 and 4 magic for my red mage to go...but the magic peninsula does cut down time! The producers definitely put it there for that purpose!
But you're fast, really fast. Wonder where I'll be in 10 hours? What party did you have?
P.S. Have you tried beating FF9 in 12 hours to get Excalibur2?

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
What version were you playing?

My friend beat the game in 8 hours. I've never attempted a speed run, except DoS which I beat in a day.

Peter_20
07-17-2006, 08:06 PM
I started a new FF1 game today and in 3 hours I made it to the Ogre-massacre-ing part...still got 2 silver swords and lv 3 and 4 magic for my red mage to go...but the magic peninsula does cut down time! The producers definitely put it there for that purpose!
But you're fast, really fast. Wonder where I'll be in 10 hours? What party did you have?
P.S. Have you tried beating FF9 in 12 hours to get Excalibur2?Good job! Keep it up! :)

I used Unne's favourite party, i.e. Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage.
I always used that party, I just love that job formation. :heart:

No, I never beat FF9 in 12 hours.
I made several attempts, though, and I always got bored on my way to Gizamaluke's Grotto. :p

What version were you playing?

My friend beat the game in 8 hours. I've never attempted a speed run, except DoS which I beat in a day.I played the original version, although on emulator. :)

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Well, that's good to know. :cat:

Maybe I'll try a speed-run, someday...

Sefie1999AD
07-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Good work with beating the game. :) Beating the game in two days sounds quite possible, especially when I've beat it in 12 hours and I was still on level 29 at that time. It's certainly possible to do in two days, if not in one day. I once watched a NES video of Collector playing FF1. I watched it without fast forward (turbo speed), and I think it took him 7-8 hours to beat the game on what seemed to be one sitting.

Fireblade13
07-18-2006, 09:15 PM
I never have attempted a speed run and again Version? What lvl were u at to do that power penisula cause those monsters are real late game.

Peter_20
07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I never have attempted a speed run and again Version? What lvl were u at to do that power penisula cause those monsters are real late game.I played the original version on a NES emulator. :cool:

I think I was LV6 when I headed for the Power Peninsula, and I was equipped with the Silver Sword and the FIR2 and HRM2 spells.

Omni-Odin
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I've never attempted a speed run, but I've always wanted to try it on IX.

Dreddz
07-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Beating FF1 in 2 days seems easy enough, that is if your playing it non stop...