PDA

View Full Version : I got my school schedule.

tan
07-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Did you get your school schedule yet? If not, what classes did you sign up for for next year? What do you think of the classes you're taking/ might take?

My school schedule is:
Zero Hour: Comprehensive Health- I already took this class during summer school, so I don't have to take it again this year, but all I've got to say about this class was that it was EASY. Maybe it was because it was a summer school course -_-
1st Period: AP Human Geography- Sounds like fun. I heard the teacher was racist or something, but whatever. I don't think this class will be too hard.
2nd Period: Honors Mathematics Year 3- Basically Year 1, which is what I took in eighth grade, with a few more concepts. I'll be reviewing what I learned in Math, again.
3th Period: Honors English 10- I have to finish the Count of Monte Cristo paper that's due in two weeks or so o_o I heard this class isn't that hard, so I won't stress over it.
4th Period: French 2- I can't comment on this class, seeing as how I might transfer out of it into Honors French 3 (I'm doing this program that lets you do that) but since I already learned most of the things in French 2 (I had to for the program thing) I would say it was really easy.
5th Period: German 1- I hope this class isn't hard :O
6th Period: Honors Chemistry- I think this class will be hard, but I guess I'll just take more notes during class :D

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Have fun in German. I took German 1 last year and loved it. I am taking German 2 this year. It is supposed to be a lot harder.

Psychotic
07-18-2006, 12:20 AM
I signed up for no classes, and now I am going to get fined.

Well no, I tell a lie. I signed up for all my classes, but apparently you need to repeatedly confirm these selections in a wide variety of different ways (electrionically, in person, by carrier pigeon, etc.), with each method being given its own specific day (and you may not do it on any other day), and if you forget one because you had a train to catch, you're an evil person and you deserve to be bombarded with emails threatening you with fines.

Yamaneko
07-18-2006, 12:29 AM
I don't start Fall quarter until late September, so I still have about a month before I can sign up for classes.

I just have a few 300/400 level classes to take before I graduate in Spring or Summer of next year.

Doomie
07-18-2006, 12:31 AM
I have to sign up for classes in about 2 weeks.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-18-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't go to school

Rye
07-18-2006, 12:35 AM
I dunno how my schedule for school is set up, but the classes I am taking are:

11 History, 11 Math (Trig, I think), 11 Advanced English, 11 Advanced Chemistry, Honours Choir/Chamber Singers/Whatever you call the select advanced singing group, Drawing & Painting 2, Lunch, Health/SAT Prep (each is half a year.) Gym and Advanced Chem Lab (it's required to take a lab for science every other day, in NY, at least) every other day. :)

I hope this year won't be too tough.

Hambone
07-18-2006, 12:45 AM
not yet.

Mitch
07-18-2006, 01:23 AM
4 PAPERS IS MANY

I DO MEDIA, ART HISTORY, ART HISTORY AND ENGLISH

Shoeberto
07-18-2006, 01:58 AM
I don't know the exact period schedule yet, but the classes I signed up for are Advanced English 12, Studio Art, Statistics, AP Calculus, Psychology, and CIS 12. I can't say I'm looking forward to being thrusted back into the bowels of the CIS program, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Shiny
07-18-2006, 01:58 AM
I haven't gotten my exact schedule yet, but here's what I plan on taking:

Spanish IV
Trigometry
Physical Education/Health
Nutricional Science
U.S. History II
Sociology
Humanities
English III
Lunch

nik0tine
07-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Please tell me you didn;t actually go to Bear Down Days? Seriously man. You wasted your time. You're going to have to get a new schedule the first day of school because it's wrong. They always do that.

Rusty
07-18-2006, 03:53 AM
I got my schedule at the start of the year - because that's when my school year starts. I'm doing (all Year 11 and first four are TEE) - Political & Legal Studies, Human Biology, English 2A & 2B, History, Early Childhood Studies and Digital Media.

Next year - my schedule will change quite a bit. I'm switching from Human Bio to Bio. Picking up another TEE (either Economics or Info Systems). And I'll be dropping both Digital Media and Early Childhood Studies.

What do you think of the classes you're taking/ might take?

I love all my classes except Human Bio - that subject is really full on. It's the class where you have to most to learn in the shortest space of time. Drives you crazy. Doing TEE is hard. You work hard. My two non-TEE classes are easy.

I suppose it'll all be worth it in the end.

Faris
07-18-2006, 04:00 AM
I don't have my schedule yet, but I know I have Math11U, Space and Earth Sciences12U, Physics11U, Chemistry11U, Drama11U, one "study period", and leadership. I forget what else I signed up for, I think it was psychology or graphics. I'm currently in English11U for this and next week (it's almost over!)

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-18-2006, 04:06 AM
I got my schedule as soon as I registered for my courses...

Monday: Chem Lab, Chem Tutorial (Optional)
Tuesday: Chem Lecture, Bio Lecture, Classical Hinduism Lecture, Religions of the Ancient Near East Lecture
Wednesday: Religious Ethics Lecture, Bio Lab
Thursday: Refer to Tuesday
Friday: Religious Ethics Lecture

That is my Fall Term. I won't bother showing my Winter one.

41-Inches-Wide
07-18-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm already going to school, well college anyway. :3 And my schedule is lazy. I hate it.

EDIT: (forgot)
Development Communication
Thesis Proposal
Laws of Mass Media
Societal Theology
Philosophy of Religion
Advertising

Now I'm wondering why does the western countries start their school year in September, while in some Asian countries school starts in June. Hm.

Yuffie514
07-18-2006, 04:59 AM
no classes this season. i always like to have the whole summer off...

krayziesaiko
07-18-2006, 05:02 AM
I have the whole summer off! Yay! But in the end of September I start my second year of college... I am taking Physics, Astronomy, Music Theory, Sight Reading and Ear Training, Group Piano, and Independent Study Music Technology. Woohooo! (18 credits though)

Christmas
07-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Old Woman like me are permanently free from the clutches of nagging teachers and boring classes. :bigsmile:

Moon Rabbits
07-18-2006, 05:16 AM
I don't have my schedule but the classes I took are:

Computer Science (College Marks, 11th Year)
Latin 1 (10th Year)
Careers/Civics (Academic, 10th Year)
History (Academic, 10th Year)
Maths (Advanced, 10th Year)
Science (Academic, 10th Year)
Sociology, Anthropology, and Psychology (University Marks, 11th Year)
English (Academic, 10th Year)

I'm excited for Latin and SAP the most.

Kirobaito
07-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10-11 Chapel
11-12 ENG 1304: Thinking, Writing, and Research
1-2 ISY 1305: Information Technology and Processing

Tuesday, Thursday
9:30-11 BUS 1301: Business, Economy, and World Affairs
11-12:30 REL 1310: The Christian Scriptures
3:30-5 FYS 1399-H4: Individual Rights and Responsibilites in a Democratic Society (Honors Seminar)

Luckily, I've already tested out of 30 hours worth of classes! :D

starseeker
07-18-2006, 08:48 AM
I get my new 6th form timetable on the first day of school. I'm hoping to do Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Japanese, General Studies and hopefully Further Maths. These are my A-levels, well Chemistry is my AS. I have to do General Studies like it or not.

Rase
07-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Like others, I only know of the classes, not the order. They are as follows:
- AP Statistics
- AP Composition
- Art II
- Government and Economics
- In Work Experience (IWE) a.k.a Teachers Aide
- Off period a.k.a Homework time

Chaos
07-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I start university at the end of September and I have no idea what I'm going to be doing.
I know all my friends generally have about 5-10 hours of lectures a week. First year Uni in England is kinda a doss. However, I know the schedule for my first year but not what I'll be doing when. I know that its four days a week, 9.00 till 4.30. You get Wednesdays off, but are set a One day Project on Tuesday, due in for Thursday. Plus you are expected to do further research on the weekends and in the evenings.

In short, I have signed up for a university course that taxes your brain. WHY DID I DO THAT??
xDD

~SapphireStar~
07-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Im currently in the process of transfering universities. Got an unconditional offer from Bradford, which I have accepted, but Leeds are taking their time with filling out the form that says Im no longer a student there.

escobert
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't go to school
ditto

Jess
07-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't know what College I'm starting in September, yet.

Hopefully I'll be studying Art, Psychology, ICT and Law. :jess:

If I go to the College that I don't actually want to go to I'll be studying Media instead of Law. :(

feona17
07-19-2006, 01:58 AM
I know what classes I'm taking, but not the schedule.

Psychology/Anthropology/Sociology (<3333)
English
Writer's Craft
Law
History after the 16th century (I just took the one before the 16th century)
Physical Education
Mathematics
French (yuck)

I'm really looking forward to psychology, law and english. Writers craft, history and phys ed sound good as well. The rest, meh.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-19-2006, 02:57 AM
I don't have mine yet. The classes I have are Health, Phys. Ed, Enriched Social Studies, Enriched Earth Science, One-Year Accelerated Math, Resource Room, and English.

rubah
07-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Hopefully my schedule will look like this:

Pre-Cal
AP Lit
PE/study hall
Band
Chem II
Physics
Music Theory

I won't get it until the week ebfore school starts though.

Tasura
07-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Fall

Intro to German I - M/W 10:00-11:15am
Introductory Japanese - T/R 10:00-11:15am
Introductory Modern Chinese - T/R 1:00-2:15pm
Intro to Latin - T/R 2:30-3:45pm

Winter

Intro to German II - M/W 10:00-11:15am
Introductory Japanese - T/R 10:00-11:15am
Introductory Modern Chinese - T/R 1:00-2:15pm
Intro to Latin - T/R 2:30-3:45pm