PDA

View Full Version : Magic Power = MP growth?

Peter_20
07-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I've discovered a nice connection between your Magic Power and the expected MP growth: it seems like Magic Power directly affects your increase in MP, as does Vitality to HP.
Are my presumptions correct? :rolleyes2

Sefie1999AD
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds about right. If I remember correctly, having a higher Magic Power stat means your MP goes up more when you gain more MP.

Fireblade13
07-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah Vit lvl= how much Hp u gain every time)
same with magic

This is actually a well known fact

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-01-2006, 02:13 PM
How do you actually increase these Mag and Vit levels?

DJZen
09-01-2006, 02:21 PM
To increase Vitality, lose HP
To increase Magic Power, lose MP

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-01-2006, 02:26 PM
What I meant was how do you actually gain bucketloads of extra HP and MP. I'm spending about 10-15 minutes per battle using Osmose/Cure 10 and attacking myself which is getting so boring, is there like a quicker way to raise your stats?

Captain Maxx Power
09-01-2006, 04:11 PM
What I meant was how do you actually gain bucketloads of extra HP and MP. I'm spending about 10-15 minutes per battle using Osmose/Cure 10 and attacking myself which is getting so boring, is there like a quicker way to raise your stats?

A commonly used technique is using Swap against lower level enemies. If you've already gotten Ultima these can be found in the sewers under Bafsk. By many it's seen as a really cheap tactic in line with the select+cancel bug. However it is a legitamate way to raise HP, MP, Vit, Magic Power and occasionally Spirit.

bipper
09-01-2006, 04:16 PM
lol; I read this as Maxx power = MP growth

The method in which Maxx Described is by far the easiest, and I second it. all of it.

Ender
09-01-2006, 04:21 PM
As far as I can tell, you can only get your Vitality and Magic Power's equivalent in HP and MP increase per battle. So if your Vitality is 40, you will only ever get a 40-point increase in HP for a single battle (assuming you trigger an HP increase), no matter how much damage and healing you do to your characters. Same with Magic Power and MP.

So once you get knocked down to about less than half of your HP (I've triggered the HP increase with only small losses though, and not triggered it when losing 90% of my HP, so go figure), you can stop and finish the battle.

MP has been a little bit trickier for me. I have expended my full supply of MP with CURE (both on myself and on enemies) many times and often not gotten an MP increase. Simply casting a ton of spells against tough enemies seems to work better.

boys from the dwarf
09-01-2006, 05:46 PM
this probably explains why maria usually has the lowest HP.

DJZen
09-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Ender is correct. Vitality is the amount that your HP increases by, and Magic Power is the amount your MP will increase by. Also, the growth of stats is cumulative. This means it carries over from one battle to the next. If your HP didn't go up even though you lost over 90% HP in one battle, just get into another fight, lose more HP, and it should go up.

rubah
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Vitality and MPower stop at 99 don't they? :(

DJZen
09-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I believe after 99 they start displaying as hex values in the FC version.

rubah
09-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, Guy has been at 99 vitality for a while, and everyone else has slowly started creeping up to where they all have 99 vit too :(