PDA

View Full Version : who agrees with me this is the worst final fantasy

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-18-2006, 09:28 PM
this is the worst final fanasy.the classes are messed up whats with judges, stealing abilitys take away the fun of leartning abilitys,u have to get a item to learn a ability this game is a pice of junk, u cant even find all the little side jobs in order, and i dont like the classes again.

let me here what u gotta say

Skyblade
07-19-2006, 05:49 AM
I have to say that you don't have enough appreciation for quality thought. You hate the judges? With about two seconds work you can get around the laws completely. With some planning, you can make them work for you. And the jobs aren't really any harder to learn than they are in the original Tactics. If you don't like strategy or tactics, or if you don't want to be bothered to have to think your way through things rather than just the endless attacking that you probably use for every other FF game, but that doesn't make this a bad game.

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 07:13 AM
I'd say it's a very fun game. It's much* more balanced than the original Tactics (a good thing, btw), and had very colorful music and atmosphere.

*No, you can't have a level 99 blade-grasping teleporting calculating jumping ninja. Sorry.

Nominus Experse
07-19-2006, 08:31 AM
This is a STRATEGY game. I shall repeat the aforementioned: STRATEGY. If you, by some odd method of chance, cannot realize this, than I am truly sorry, for the title ought to give it away.

How is it that the classes are messed up? I have no grain of thought as to how the classes are messed up at all. If anything, they are all very balanced, unlike the original tactics. And I haven't any clue by what you mean by,
u cant even find all the little side jobs in order
Are you meaning to say that the path to higher, more advanced job classes isnt blatanly laid out for you, holding your hand the entire way, and thus, you hate them? That is childish. It's a very well thought out method, to be able to discover new jobs as you gain more and more abilites from each class, and really, it signifies your characters growth as a warrior. The steps to higher level classes makes sense also, so there is little excuse to never know that a Paladin requires abilites to be learned as a Soldier class.

You make mention of being able to Steal abilities. Yes, yes you can in fact Steal them; however, this can only be doen with the Human race, you can only steal abilities that you yourself have not learned and the enemy happens to have them. Even then, there is a small percentage rate of achieving a Steal, unless the enimy is Stopped, in Sleep status, or Blinded. And really, if you are upset with being able to Steal abilities, don't use the Steal: Ability command. That simple. Every game has its points where one can take advantage of its mechanics...

And having to have an item equiped to learn a skill or ability never once hindered me. Simple stat boosting is not going to automatically win you a fight anyways, so the stats are not truly the focal point as to why you may win a particular battle. More than anything, it's the abilities one knows that allows them to win battles. Sometimes you have to work for things, not just have them handed to you after a set period of time...

The judges... They are there to make the fight much more interesting, and they do. You can plan it out where they will actually work FOR YOU. Personally, I many times rushed into fights, having the laws laid down offering me a potential challenge with each and every battle I took part of. It makes you a better tactician to be able to adapt and eventaully use what has been set against you. If you are to whine about the laws, you have no pity to be had from me, for they are easily circumnavigated, and many times, can be turned to your own uses.

The music was well done - it never caused me to turn don the volume on account of the score. The graphics were also very vibrant, easily seen, and the animations work quite well with the GBA. This game really was a fun and enjoyable game, and the ability to customize and watch your characters grow is always something I enjoyed.

Overall, it was a very lovely, enjoyable, and memorable game.

*Thus ends my rant

Elpizo
07-19-2006, 09:52 AM
No I don't agree that this is the worst FF ever.
There is no 'worst' FF. Final.
I'm happy I bought this game. It was interesting, you had a lot to do, good music and a nice version of the job system.
You don't like the job system? Too bad for you, then why did you buy this game? (If you even have it.)
job system = replay value
job system = a lot of freedom to create your clan
If it's so bad then just don't play it, jeez, did you have to make an annoying topic for this?

Monster Hunt
07-19-2006, 12:10 PM
This is one of the best FF games to me! The fact that it's Strategic and portable is cool! If you have a problem with the judges, is it that you just want to win or are you not up for that challenge?

This FF is just different- I suppose you're used to the other FF's where you can just master them without an item. How does it make if not fun when you need items? You can teach them whatever you want, anytime (as long as you have the item).

I'm not telling you to change your opinion or anything, I understand how things can get on your nerves occasionally in that game and I'm not sure how long you've played this but... what the hell do you mean by side jobs?!

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-19-2006, 03:32 PM
i mean jobs u can learn at the pub i played thought the game and it was said u coul;d get bcid if u finish all 300 side jobs i tryed to get em all i had like 273 done and there wqere no more side jobs offered. then all of a sudden i get a side job at the end of the game saying that i have to beat this clan. so i go find the clan their lvs are lv 8 im like u would fight this in the beginning of the game not the end so i start a new file and the first few quest i get is this on eits not in order.

what im saying is i bought this game with high hopes and it disapointed me it was jsut a little bit childish in the story line.i wish the game could have had a better story line and the items wernt so hard to find to acquire a new ability.

EDIT BY PSYCHOTIC: Yo, finalfantasyguy4ever. Don't double post. If you have anything else you want to add, then the edit/delete button is all you need.

f f freak
07-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I think this game rocks. It's fun sending your enemies to jail if there is a really annoying person you can't beat that is stronger than you it is so easy to use the laws to your advantage. Also I think the storyline was brilliant and the jobs rocked. okay I have never played the tactics for ps1 but I think it is cool to be able to have a super strong soldier that can heal by using cure and an archer that can summon to help you. I think this was a pretty good ff game all together. I rate it 9/10

Lich3636
07-20-2006, 09:55 AM
i wouldent say worst *coughFFX-2cough* its just nothing at all of what i expected. I wanted a Final fantasy tactics 2, blood, back stabing, church conspiracy. the whole thing seemed childish after FFT and the equipment and job system is very similar to tactics ogre. judges were annoying but i can see what SE was trying to do with it, i would have prefered a better explination to why there are rules other than the whim of a ruler (honestly do these people not know how to revolt. i guess a revolt wouldent do much good in a world where u can only die in a few areas) jobs shouldent have been so dependent on race. one or two "final" jobs for each race sure but your telling me that a human cannot learn to juggle but a mog can use a sword. law cards themselves shouldent have been in the game at all. what kind of retard of a judge is gunna follow the rules of a card over their orders this isnt mtg where the card is alwase right. learnin skills from a weapon makes no sence whatsoever if anything you should learn a ability after attacking so many times then another after useing the ability x# (ex attack 30 times and learn charge) and get into more advanced moves ( use move x 20+ times use move y 15+ move z 50+ to learn a new move) This game isnt bad but is easily out done by FFT and Tactics ogre

sorry about spelling and grammar but it is very late and a thunder storm is keeping me up so i thought id just bitch on some forums

Chris
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I bought it a long time ago, and I sold it soon after. I did not like the game; too slow, and even tedious at times. I felt like I was banging my head against the wall whenever I played this game.

It had no memorable story nor was there any captivating plots or twists in the game. Just pretty blah if you ask me. Boring. JUST BORING.

Characters were boring and I did not care for any of them

:(

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-20-2006, 03:14 PM
thanks for supporting my ideas the game was dissapointing.i want a game where im so in to it its hard to put down a game where i can get my moneys worth out of it a game thats has a story thats so intresting u think about it when ur not playing the game. this game had none it was made for a 7 year old and i dont like to play kiddy final fantasys

tailz
07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
uhm it does have that kind of story just because the two of you couldnt get into it doesnt mean its not there.

Chris
07-20-2006, 04:36 PM
uhm it does have that kind of story just because the two of you couldnt get into it doesnt mean its not there.
And just because you "got into it" doesn't mean that it's there either. We all perceive things differently. From my point of view, there wasn't much of a story. ;)

f f freak
07-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I found there was more of a story then say I don't know FFX-2.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
its just the story was off i mean from one to 10 how did ulike the story for me 2

tailz
07-20-2006, 05:42 PM
id give the story a 7.5 or 8 its even pretty deep when you think about it

f f freak
07-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Well the story I would give an 8 but overall I would give the game a 9

Angelroo
07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
It's an okay game to me, but I couldn't be arsed to to all the missions. Kinda dissappointing. If it weren't a Final Fantasy I probably never would have noticed it...not that it's bad or anything

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-20-2006, 10:19 PM
thanks angelroo see u cant access all the mission another problem with the game. i mean come on u cant complete the game without all the missons so big dissa point mean.; my rateing just went down 2 too 1.5

Kefka_Almighty
07-21-2006, 04:21 AM
this is the worst final fanasy.the classes are messed up whats with judges, stealing abilitys take away the fun of leartning abilitys,u have to get a item to learn a ability this game is a pice of junk, u cant even find all the little side jobs in order, and i dont like the classes again.

let me here what u gotta say

I have a hard time accepting that. It may not be the best Final Fantasy ever, but I hardly think it borders on horrible or even mediocore; all in all I had found it a satisfying and entertaining game.

I had no problem with the judges; it added an interesting take on to what may or may not be done, and has been explained by others, it can work for you if you have the right cards and are prepared for what you want to do.

Also, if you've played the original FFT, there is little, in my mind, that separates it all that drastically from how you learn abilities EXCEPT the fact that you learn abilities from the equipment you have available to you (somewhat like FF IX), and the fact that it thus makes it harder to learn high-level abilities early on.

Finally, you not liking the classes, I'm afraid to say, is your problem. No offense, but the fact that most of them are from previous FF games, or at the very least fairly similiar to previous FF games, should have given you an indication of what the classes would be. If you hadn't liked the classes before, why did you think you would like them now?

Roto13
07-21-2006, 07:22 AM
I liked the FFTA story more than the FFT story. I'm sorry, hundreds of pages of footnotes don't add depth. They just make things more convoluted.

This is far from the worst FF. It's one of the best.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-21-2006, 02:26 PM
this game was chidish and what was with the dieing u could only die in a few areas in fft u had a time clock to get to that person every battle which made it fun and anticipating to get ur team back and in final fantasy tactics advance u couldnt use monsters as seperate characters bummer 1.5 too 1.2

tailz
07-21-2006, 04:12 PM
wow big deal about de deiing part.

the idea is the people there fight to have fun not to die so thats another reason judges exsist.

f f freak
07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
thanks angelroo see u cant access all the mission another problem with the game. i mean come on u cant complete the game without all the missons so big dissa point mean.; my rateing just went down 2 too 1.5
I'm sorry but this makes no sense. you can't complete any FF game without doing everything. Unless of course you count just defeating the last boss as finishing the whole game in which case you are wrong.

tailz
07-21-2006, 09:58 PM
other missions pop up when youve done certain things theyl not just give you the list with 300 + missions and ask you

so marche what do you want to do today, nothing big to be done like destroying the world so just take your time.

oh and it seems to me your still playing, if you dislike it so much why not stop playing it.

and man id love to see a lock on thins but hey i got nothing to say about it so

Lawr
07-21-2006, 10:49 PM
FFTA = Suck

Roto13
07-22-2006, 02:57 AM
this game was chidish and what was with the dieing u could only die in a few areas in fft u had a time clock to get to that person every battle which made it fun and anticipating to get ur team back and in final fantasy tactics advance u couldnt use monsters as seperate characters bummer 1.5 too 1.2
So, you don't like it because it's not exactly the same as Final Fantasy Tactics in every way?

Mirage
07-22-2006, 03:24 AM
I don't agree with you. Two words: Mystic Quest.

boys from the dwarf
07-22-2006, 09:10 AM
its a very good game. its not my favourite FF because there are loads of other great FFs but i like it. i dislike FFX-2 the most. i agree mostly with what has been said above about there being no worst FF. as long as it a good game its a good FF i suppose. with it being a 3+ for thew GBA that it a disadvantage but its a good game.if i made a list of FFs and put my favourite FF at the top and least favourite at the bottom FFTA would be near the bottom but its still a great game i dont see whats wrong with it.

Kefka_Almighty
07-23-2006, 02:51 AM
I liked the FFTA story more than the FFT story. I'm sorry, hundreds of pages of footnotes don't add depth. They just make things more convoluted.

I agree completely. While I did personally like the story of FFT (I don't mind footnotes; I'm an avid Xenosaga fan), I found the story of FFTA much more...entertaining. It was a unique way to look at the FF universe, and I enjoyed that and, if you think about it, there is some depth to the story, such as

SPOILER: The fact that the entirety of the world is sustained by Mewt's own withheld desires, and the world is no more than the book feeding off of this and exploiting it and encouragine him in his fantasy. Not only that, but seeing as how Llednar Twem is merely a projection of withheld emotion, you can say that Twem is basically a manifestation of Mewt's id.

But mostly, the game is just darn fun.

No offense, but

1) As had been said before, the battles here are more like tournament battles than anything; they're not meant to be to the death. and 2) even though you can't DIE in most areas, your characters are still knocked out for the battle unless you revive them. Yes, in this case there is no timer and I'll be honest, even though it'll make me sound like a wussy: thank goodness for that. While I know that helped with the difficulty of FFT, there's a difference between strategic difficulty and "annoy our gamers" guilty.

*shudders* And I honestly thought I was the only one who had ever played that game......

Lich3636
07-23-2006, 04:46 AM
lol mystic quest

throwing bombs at enemies felt like i was playing a turn based zelda

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2006, 08:48 AM
characters can die in FFTA. you can kill montblanc and ritz at the jagds if they are unconscious and you leave them like that. i think if marche dies its game over though. but the dying doesnt do anything but stop the character from being used and has no impact on the story i think. but who wants the characters dead anyway

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 12:26 AM
but wit5h njo clock u have no reson to revive someone u just let em sit there or if u wanna keep usong em u can revive just to die again no give me 3 good reasons y u like the game or y u it my rewsons for hating it is

1.game was too childish
2judges and whats with these law cards u cant use law cards when u get pulled over by the police
3.and the class and learning abilty was stupid and only some race can be this job and u have to find a item to learn a littly ability like charge 2 stupid!!!!!!!

give me ur reasons i wanna hear them.

Roto13
07-24-2006, 02:18 AM
1. It's fun
2. It's still fun
3. It's a lot of fun

Kefka_Almighty
07-24-2006, 02:48 AM
but wit5h njo clock u have no reson to revive someone u just let em sit there or if u wanna keep usong em u can revive just to die again no give me 3 good reasons y u like the game or y u it my rewsons for hating it is

1.game was too childish
2judges and whats with these law cards u cant use law cards when u get pulled over by the police
3.and the class and learning abilty was stupid and only some race can be this job and u have to find a item to learn a littly ability like charge 2 stupid!!!!!!!

The obvious reason to revive the character would be so you're not down a character during a battle, which is a disadvantage. Obviously, to keep up a full force, you'd want to revive that character anyway.

As for your points:

1. The idea of it being too childish is really merely a conception and a point of view. If that's your point of view, that's fine; however, you have to understand that doesn't apply to everybody.

2. If you were angered by the lack of reality via which the game operates, you're playing the wrong game series, especially if we're talking FFT series.

3. I found the idea of only some races being able to assume certain jobs made the game a bit deeper, actually, as possible commentary on those races and their actions and history. And, personally, I liked the ability learning system better this time around; it was more balanced and reminded me of FF IX, which I had deeply loved and wished more of the games had used that system.

As for my own reasons:

1. Entertainment Value- It was indeed a fun and enjoyable game for the most part, only really suffering with the irritation that naturally comes with strategy RPGs.

2. The Story: It was whimsical, for the most part, which was certainly different from most of the other FF games, and, if you think about it, was used to slightly dub down the deeper bits of the game (the idea of it being the manifestation of a little boys' desires that absorbs and molds the desires of others into also fitting in within his, ect.).

3. The Job System: God help me, but I love the job system. Of all the things in FF, I'd like to see more of it.

ShunNakamura
07-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Games have thier pros and cons. For the most part I feel that both FFT games have similar numbers of them.

Cons in FFTA(and those cons counter cons)
-Your characters don't die after a while like in FFT(I view the KO status as being critically wounded, and the pheonix down being the ultimate cure all for wounds)
--Counter, the way the characters don't die and are just pulled to the sidelines makes sense with the story. My reasoning is the judges likely have enough 'power' to keep the critically wounded alive until the end of battle, which at that time the participants are seen to.

-Laws. I just don't like them for various reasons(I could state them if needed).
--Counter, Good idea and it fits the story line. I just don't care for the way it was implemented. Of course I am still really earlier in the game so maybe my tune may change then.

-Story Flow. It seems a bit aimless at first(though I hear it gets better).
--Counter, it fits the story line, I just don't care for such aimlessness. Feels like you are just wasting time at first. But as I said it makes sense with how the story built it up.

-Mission oriented. Never did like missions much... Not in Tactics... and not now.
--Counter, Once again it fits with the story, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

-You place the 'symbols' and build the world.
--Counter, Gah..... fits the storyline again(from what I have read), but still doesn't mean I have to like it.

As for the pro's... many of them are in the Counter con's such as it fitting the story well. However there are others:

Pros
-Race specific jobs.
--Counter, I don't think it was fleshed out as well as it could have been. More classes(at least each race having as much as the other, even if not as diverse).

Well that is for now.. Still playing so I will add more as I go.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 03:38 PM
about jobs y cant a human jugle y cant a a human be a monk they could of sorted out the jobs for each race instead of saying a human cant juggle. but yes the game had many down falls and i hate the laws cause i learn a new ability and i go into batle to use it and pop a law thats says i cant so i have to go throught all these dum laws cards to find out i discarded thecard i need when they gave me 3 more dum cards before. and y in a game u have monsters that can only be fed and summened with morphers i wanted a monster thaat i could ride like a chocobo not one i can feed and pet stupid

tailz
07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
pls just quit whining the game has its postive points and its negative you just dont want to see it.

what would you want to do with riding a chocobo i think your forgeting that this is a gba game and although a gba can do more then people think it can do. (riviera anyone) it does has its limits

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
The game is very fun. I actually like this game more than FFT

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
but wouldnt it be cool if u could fight with more monsters then fft i mean the game had more monsters but i wanted to fight with them not feed them do u get my point

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Who says you have to feed them? Feeding monsters is optional. And in order to feed them you have to capture monsters. You can only capture the monsters by using a Hunter class. If you want to control them, use a beastmaster

tailz
07-24-2006, 05:38 PM
capturing is done by a hunter :D

oh and you can fight with almost every beast in the game thats where the beastmaster comes in

Roto13
07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Or a Morpher.

tailz
07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
also possible but he wants to fight with the monsters not a char who uses theyre attacks :D

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
yea i liked the more monsters in the game i wanted to use em not have someone else use a item i wanted to take em into battle with me not a mojnsters soul thats an item does anyone agree

Setzer Gabianni
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
wut? Anyway, I like this game a lot, though I am stuck with missions past the 250 mark.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Skyblade
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM

1.game was too childish

1. Please. The only thing "childish" about this game was the age of the major characters (and children have been major characters in FF games before. Eiko, anyone?). The plot was surprisingly deep, as were the personalities of the various characters. If you're incapable of playing a game starring anyone younger than 17, that's fine, but it doesn't mean that the game is bad.

2. The judges added a whole new layer of depth and strategy to the game. Just because you don't like being forced to think, doesn't mean that the judges were a negative aspect of the game. And as for your comment on law cards, I'm glad I'll never play Monopoly with you, as you'd complain about the "Get out of jail free" card. The laws in Ivalice are magical. If you can negate that magic, you can negate the law. Is that really so difficult to understand?

3. So Humans can't be Gladiators, and Bangaa can't be Illusionists. So what? Each race has to play to it's strengths, and the jobs reflect that. The Moogles, clever little mischief makers, are a shoo-in for the Thief class, so other classes that require a high level of dexterity, such as the Juggler class, make sense as one of their jobs. Bangaa are pathetic at magic, so a Bangaa Black Mage wouldn't make much sense. FFT had restrictions similar to that. Only females could be Dancers, and only males could be Bards, remember?

If you like the monsters that much, use Beastmasters and control the enemy monsters. I wouldn't have minded had they put usable monsters in the game as they had in FFT, but that is hardly a game ruining point. And it in no way makes FFTA the worst FF game of all time, considering that FFT is the only game in which you can have your own monsters to fight beside you.

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 07:15 PM
yea i liked the more monsters in the game i wanted to use em not have someone else use a item i wanted to take em into battle with me not a mojnsters soul thats an item does anyone agree

Use a Beastmaster

ljkkjlcm9
07-24-2006, 07:56 PM

grrr mystic quest was fun, when I was much younger it was a great introduction to the world of RPGs. It wasn't hard but come on, the main character was awesome!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/wtf.png
BEST SPRITE EVER

As for this game, also not the worst FF ever. It was actually quite fun, and you DON'T have to beat all 300 missions to beat the game, but you get bonus stuff for beating them all. It was a fun game and had a lot to offer and everytime you play it will be a different game depending how you set up your own map!

oh I also found it funny how you went into the FF:CC thread and made a topic about how that game wasn't worth your money. Honestly, stop playing the seperate titled games if you dislike every variation of FF.

THE JACKEL

f f freak
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
you DON'T have to beat all 300 missions to beat the game, but you get bonus stuff for beating them all

Exactly to beat the game but to complete the game you have to. But still I love this game.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-24-2006, 10:12 PM
i got to like 275 missions done then there were no more i mean i couldnt even get any of the beginning missions did this happen to anyone else i know it happened to Setzer Gabianni.

Fireblade13
07-25-2006, 01:42 AM
I didn't agree with the story but i liked it anyway. The classes were pretty cool but i hate the fact that if u gain a lvl in the wrong class u are a little hindered. Also every time u change ur class u have to re-equip. But i loved it using skills to just own is awesome. While some classes are a little to complex for me (all animal based classes) and the damage to Mp was annoying i loved it! Not to mention only a few laws are a real hinderence (Healing, Holy, Target area, Dmg 2 animal {WTF! how do i win!}) thew others are nothing special and i just make sure i don't do them and like mentioned they can work for u (My favorite: Making a guy berserk so he uses his wepon and gets red carded). I loved this game and the wepon skill system is cool.
Once I max out my charecters i'm gonna teach them every skill even the opposites (my mog knight learning black mage moves) with no penalty's of stats.

This met all my expectaions and owns the worst FF game CC. Not to mention it is the best stratgy game. Fire emblem? Are u kidding me! No skills limited class change annoying A.I.

horyo
07-25-2006, 07:41 PM
" but wit5h njo clock u have no reson to revive someone u just let em sit there or if u wanna keep usong em u can revive just to die again no give me 3 good reasons y u like the game or y u it my rewsons for hating it is

1.game was too childish

give me ur reasons i wanna hear them.'"

The game was not too childish. The story was great, it does make you think, if you were sucked into a world with magic and sorcery and everything you ever wanted, would you have found a way back home? Or rather stay there instead.

2 Of course you can't use them when you get caught, you're suppose to use them BEFORE you make an action against the law. The judges and laws make you think more, how to organize your clan so that you can have an easier battle. Usually you should have two job set A-abilities, if one law says you can't use "Steal" use "Ninja Skill."

Finding different items was part of the game, you don't expect to get anything free out of life, you have to work for it. And the fact that all the races are different makes your team more versatile, instead of using an All-Human clan, you need other components to aid and assist you. This reason makes each race special.

Three good reasons?

1. This game makes you think.

2. This game has many friendly and kind componenets.

3. The storyline makes you think about your own life, also the fact that you might not have it as bad as some others.

Omni-Odin
07-26-2006, 12:38 AM

I wouldn't go that far to say it's better than the original, but the story came out of no where and that's what I liked about it. The worst? No way in hell.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Having just completed the game (alll 300, minus the Judgemaster missions, WOO!), I have to say that I enjoyed it a great deal. This game actually got me through the nightmairish days after I got 3 wisdom teeth pulled, and while it does have its flaws, that dosen't make it a waste of money. I like the job system, the totema are neat, and the laws make you carefully consider what you do in a fight. I LIKE that there were race-exclusive jobs, and that some missions required specific jobs.

I don't like how erratic the missions come up, though...I didn't get to do the Crusite Alloy mission until the VERY END. :(

horyo
07-29-2006, 06:21 AM
You're lucky, I still have yet to find Broken or Bent or Rusty swords.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 03:03 PM

I have NO IDEA how I did it, honestly. ^_^ I was afraid I'd never be able to.

Tg.cid
07-29-2006, 11:46 PM
I'd say it's a very fun game. It's much* more balanced than the original Tactics (a good thing, btw), and had very colorful music and atmosphere.

*No, you can't have a level 99 blade-grasping teleporting calculating jumping ninja. Sorry.

I agree fft is not better than ffta ffta has a better plot and story line and the jobs and abilitys. oh one more thing can you use the steal abiltiy on Llenders omega:confused:

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-29-2006, 11:56 PM
i liked fft story better than ftta because ftta was a kid game with u in a little boys dream ahhhhh

horyo
07-30-2006, 03:51 AM

GRRR LUCKY! Oh well, my friend will trade with me.

ValkyrieWing
07-30-2006, 06:31 AM

GRRR LUCKY! Oh well, my friend will trade with me.

T_T

I don't have a friend to trade with..... :(

Kefka_Almighty
07-30-2006, 07:53 AM
i liked fft story better than ftta because ftta was a kid game with u in a little boys dream ahhhhh

No offense, but you completely missed the point of the story, which was deep and mature if you think about it: it merely didn't use the poor attempts at religious commentary that the original FFT had attempted to do in an attempt to be dark and brooding (something that Xenogears/Saga succeeds much more at) and succeeded really only on a mixed level. Let me explain, if you will.

The entire point of the story was about growing up and facing reality, at least on the surface. Marche has to reconcile the fact that he DOES want what has happened to stay the way it has, but knows that it shouldn't because if he allows it to he reduces himself to merely escaping lifes problems and thus fights to go on. Ritz, meanwhile, while knowing this really is a form of escape, has become so embittered at the fact that she sees no real way for her to fit in in the real world to a large level yet does in Ivalice and is willing to fight, personally, for the illusion.

Then there's the problem of Mewt, the "creator" of the world, and to whose image Ivalice conforms. While he's the one that most desperately wants to protect the illusion but, even here, believes he is basically powerless by himself and thus denies himself the powers that become inherent in Marche and Ritz, the two closer to being grown up. This being the case, he inadvertently creates Llednar Twem, an extension of his pent up anger and bitterness that had begun when his mother died. Llednar protects the illusion since Mewt personally cannot, aiming his anger and unleashing it fully upon anyone who would attempt to disrupt the illusion. I could go on and on, but I'll end here.

In the end, all three eventually do begin the process of growing up, each seeing they don't need to hide behind an illusionary world and coming to terms with the necessity of eventually shedding fantasy in favor of facing life and reality.

Perhaps its a bit simplier in terms of following it than FFT, and I'm not dissing the original in any real way, I loved it dearly, but I personally think FFTA to be the better of the two games.

Roto13
07-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Very well said, Kefka_Almighty.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-31-2006, 12:34 AM
i didnt like the summonings because of the way that ur guys can get hit by ur own monster summuning it was messed up

Kefka_Almighty
07-31-2006, 03:56 AM
i didnt like the summonings because of the way that ur guys can get hit by ur own monster summuning it was messed up

Then I'm also going to assume you had the same problem with the summoning attribute in the original FFT, since you could get hit by your own summon if your characters were within the spells' affect area. This attribute was not strictly only in FFTA; it could happen in FFT also, just like any spell effect. That's why you had to watch the area of effect to make sure your characters wouldn't be in the blast radius.

Lich3636
07-31-2006, 11:13 AM

Then I'm also going to assume you had the same problem with the summoning attribute in the original FFT, since you could get hit by your own summon if your characters were within the spells' affect area. This attribute was not strictly only in FFTA; it could happen in FFT also, just like any spell effect. That's why you had to watch the area of effect to make sure your characters wouldn't be in the blast radius.

actualy you could not cast a damage summon on your own characters. this is why u can only learn zodiac from the 13th holy stone or from a enemy summoner

Kefka_Almighty
07-31-2006, 03:43 PM

actualy you could not cast a damage summon on your own characters. this is why u can only learn zodiac from the 13th holy stone or from a enemy summoner

Actually, I remember accidentally having my party members within the blast radius of summon spells and getting hurt by it.

Pike
07-31-2006, 05:25 PM
I love this game.

It's not perfect, no, but it's still a top-notch and very in-depth strategy game. You could pick it up, play it for a little, and put it back down feeling accomplished. I would wander around the world map just looking for random clans to fight.

I've put more playing time into this game (160+ hours before I got bored of it) than I've put into any other Final Fantasy game.

tailz
07-31-2006, 06:06 PM
basicly you just hate this game because you have to think before doing something.

these complains just show what type of person you are.

Skyblade
07-31-2006, 06:25 PM

I agree fft is not better than ffta ffta has a better plot and story line and the jobs and abilitys. oh one more thing can you use the steal abiltiy on Llenders omega:confused:

No. Steal Ability can only be used on A-Abilities that you can get from items. You cannot steal NPC unique abilities, such as Alpha and Omega, nor can you steal Blue Magic abilities.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
why should i learn abilitys i can just be a theif and steal steal steal not very fun

Skyblade
07-31-2006, 10:43 PM
why should i learn abilitys i can just be a theif and steal steal steal not very fun

Now you're just being stupid. If you play the game in a style that you find boring or not fun, you have no one to blame but yourself for not liking the game.

Also, the weapon to get Steal: Ability is fairly hard to find early in the game, and since only Moogles and Humans can be thiefs, and not all abilities can be stolen, there are a lot of abilities that can't be obtained with Steal: Ability.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-31-2006, 11:01 PM
im not stupid i mean i was disapoted too pay 25 us curency for this game this gamer should be 7 dollars us currency not 25 i only paid 25 because i had high hopes but those were sooin shout down

Zeromus_X
08-01-2006, 02:10 AM
You are reading the thread right? Y'know, the valid points everyone has put out, against your same complaint of 'i can't believe I baught dis game!1sawah11!one'? Seriously.

Roto13
08-01-2006, 03:12 AM
Clutch at straws much?

Kefka_Almighty
08-01-2006, 03:22 AM
im not stupid i mean i was disapoted too pay 25 us curency for this game this gamer should be 7 dollars us currency not 25 i only paid 25 because i had high hopes but those were sooin shout down

Buyer beware, dude. Otherwise, no offense, but this isn't much more than a strawhat argument, as the price of the game is irrelevant to the quality of the game.

horyo
08-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Yea like Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories was $30 bucks...But it had nothing to do with the game's actual qualitiy or play-worth.

ValkyrieWing
08-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Sometimes you have to take the chance that the games going to suck when you buy it. You may be pleasently surprised when it dosen't.

I was afraid that Suikoden Tactics was going to suck...but it didn't.

Dignified Pauper
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
the game isn't bad, it's just a little kiddish and quarky, but then again, it was for the GBA which is a kiddish console. I think it is just a fine game, no where up to par with its predecessor, but still a good game.

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2006, 08:49 AM
worst final fantasy no theres always 1,2,3,4 and 5 but anyway even if it is final fantasy tatics advanced is still a great game!

Monster Hunt
08-11-2006, 01:48 PM
GBA is aimed for everyone idealy, so is Tactics Avanced. It's not a game that a seven year old can play well...

Err...This game is very mature in a way. I mean it's not really in a seven year old's mind to be bullied is it?

I Am Stoner
08-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Final Fantasy = LEGEND OF THE LEGENDS!!! FFVII: DOC = Actual /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif fucking rubbish /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-13-2006, 04:13 AM
but do u think this game was worthy enough of a final fantasy title

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 04:18 AM
Very much so.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 05:17 AM
OK YOU UGLY, UGLY, TROLL!!!!
You are only trying to piss people off, and after having read your constant sputtering of stupidity, your scattered and faulty complaints against a game I have sank over 450+ hours into, and your terrible grammar and spelling, I have this to say:

Leave.

Now.

This Game Is excellent. First you complained about the judges: DUDE! they are your friends. USE THEM. I have levelled my people to the point where I can kill anything, and I now play the game in a way as to only ever defeat my opponents by getting them kicked out by the law rather than killing them. Laws are not hard to understand, and the select button on your GBA should be one of your best friends by now. You are an opinionated fool who should not be allowed to interact with other human beings due to an extreme defect in your genetic makeup. Personally, I blame the schools, but that's just me:D :D :D .

Moving on...

You complained that you couldn't have one total, God character. You didn't phrase it that way, but we all saw what you wanted. Why would you want to be able to break the game that easily? I got bored and made a GOD character, and did it within the system. 3 hits of 999 ultima damage per fight, 8 panel movement, strikeback, and a jump rating of 5. That is GOD in a Bangaa Vessel.

Moving on...

It's too kiddy, you said. Dude, Kingdom Hearts (one and/or two). Look at how kiddy it looks, and It's total ownage in the form of a PS2 disc. Another example: Wind Waker. nuff' said there. The storyline is solid of you actually play through the missions, since there's a few different storylines, like weaver's war and stuff. You make a dude a kickass sword to avenge his family with, then you stomp him out afterwards and take his sword because he went on a rampage trying to avenge his family. How kiddy is that? Thought so. That is about as kiddy as a Chuck_Norris roundhouse-kick to the temple.

I have forgotten all your other invalid and stupid points, but I will probably post again later, with a different account if my blatant flaming of you gets me banned, just because I love all Final Fantasy that I have ever played, which is tactics advance, FF1, 2, 4, 7, 8, and I played kingdom hearts for a little while, and thoguh that doesn't have Final Fantasy branded on the cover, it has it bound in the storyline, so yeah. NO MORE TRASHING FFTA EVER, DUDE! I have just kicked the feet out from under your pitiful, opinionated arguments, so just give up and either love the game or shut up.

P0WN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuroshima
08-13-2006, 05:40 AM
You are only trying to piss people off, and after having read your constant sputtering of stupidity, your scattered and faulty complaints against a game I have sank over 450+ hours into, and your terrible grammar and spelling, I have this to say:

Leave.

Now.

This Game Is excellent. First you complained about the judges: DUDE! they are your friends. USE THEM. I have levelled my people to the point where I can kill anything, and I now play the game in a way as to only ever defeat my opponents by getting them kicked out by the law rather than killing them. Laws are not hard to understand, and the select button on your GBA should be one of your best friends by now. You are an opinionated fool who should not be allowed to interact with other human beings due to an extreme defect in your genetic makeup. Personally, I blame the schools, but that's just me:D :D :D .

Moving on...

You complained that you couldn't have one total, God character. You didn't phrase it that way, but we all saw what you wanted. Why would you want to be able to break the game that easily? I got bored and made a GOD character, and did it within the system. 3 hits of 999 ultima damage per fight, 8 panel movement, strikeback, and a jump rating of 5. That is GOD in a Bangaa Vessel.

Moving on...

It's too kiddy, you said. Dude, Kingdom Hearts (one and/or two). Look at how kiddy it looks, and It's total ownage in the form of a PS2 disc. Another example: Wind Waker. nuff' said there. The storyline is solid of you actually play through the missions, since there's a few different storylines, like weaver's war and stuff. You make a dude a kickass sword to avenge his family with, then you stomp him out afterwards and take his sword because he went on a rampage trying to avenge his family. How kiddy is that? Thought so. That is about as kiddy as a Chuck_Norris roundhouse-kick to the temple.

I have forgotten all your other invalid and stupid points, but I will probably post again later, with a different account if my blatant flaming of you gets me banned, just because I love all Final Fantasy that I have ever played, which is tactics advance, FF1, 2, 4, 7, 8, and I played kingdom hearts for a little while, and thoguh that doesn't have Final Fantasy branded on the cover, it has it bound in the storyline, so yeah. NO MORE TRASHING FFTA EVER, DUDE! I have just kicked the feet out from under your pitiful, opinionated arguments, so just give up and either love the game or shut up.

P0WN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!

-claps- Nice.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Thank you. Here It was about 12:30 (the one late at night) when I was writing it and I haven't slept in a few days, so I have alot of frustration to call upon, and I appreciate your appreciation for my writing:D

Monster Hunt
08-13-2006, 09:08 AM

Leave.

Now.

Moving on...

Moving on...

P0WN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are god- you made you're point very straight and right. With the grammar thing- it's just what I wanted to say! :D

tailz
08-13-2006, 04:24 PM
i need to say its something like i wanted to say but im too lazy to type all that stuff :D

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Just a little add-on to my rant above, now that I have slept and thought about it clearly, i recall the fact that in alot of play hours, I never actually spotted a thief with the Steal: A-abilities ability being used by a computer, so do you know what that means?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just don't ever use that particular ability and you will never come across it in the whole of the game. Problem solved. And if you begin to sputter on about how it is part of the thief's repetoir (as if you would actually use this word), and is therefore a valid part of the balancing of the thief-class as a whole, and without it the thief-class would be irrevocably weakened, then you are killing off your own point, since it was you who decided to complain about it in the first place.

BOOYA!

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-13-2006, 05:07 PM
im not stupid i just think they should have made a final fantasy mewts dream. to connect it to fft made my hopes high for a better and greater game than ftt. i just want to know a few more things please. if there are 300 missions who was able to get cid i worked so hard to get cid but they wouldnt give me any of the quest iterm to unlock new missions. i put so much time into finding those items but couldnt after seaching for them for 100+hours cant you see how much a waste of time that is. if you were able to get cid tell me how

Crossblades
08-13-2006, 05:51 PM
im not stupid i just think they should have made a final fantasy mewts dream. to connect it to fft made my hopes high for a better and greater game than ftt.

Just because it's named "Tactics Advance" doesn't mean it's directly connected to the original Tactics. Yes, Tactics Advance is a sequel, but it's not a direct sequel to the original. If you have played other FFs, then you should know that NONE of the FFs are connected with the exception of X and X-2

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 06:13 PM
FF is never linked to another, except in a few small things, like weapons, the name Cid, and some classes. Otherwise, every game is unique and totally awesome in it's own respect. So yeah, show the respect, and I'm inches from having Cid, So I'll let you know how he is

Skyblade
08-13-2006, 06:13 PM
im not stupid i just think they should have made a final fantasy mewts dream. to connect it to fft made my hopes high for a better and greater game than ftt.

Just because it's named "Tactics Advance" doesn't mean it's directly connected to the original Tactics. Yes, Tactics Advance is a sequel, but it's not a direct sequel to the originalIf you have played other FFs, then you should know that NONE of the FFs are connected with the exception of X and X-2

And we all know how X-2 worked out...

Nicely made point about the grammar and spelling, Western Paladin. In fact, while your post was a little impolite, it had some very well made points.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I've dealt with trolls before, and do you see how much of an improvement was made in his next post? He actually touched on a point that could be valid if seen in the right light, and he did it wih minimal spelling errors. I think he's becoming a valid member of the community, and that is a good thing. He was even mostly polite.

Oh, and playing a video-game and then calling it a waste of time is one step down from Blasphemy if the game's title has the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in it. You have to put in a LOT of time to get everything you can from a game. Some people can beat metroid 1 in like a half-hour, but that's not cool, since they are making it work, not fun. Unless you try it as a personal test. Then it is plenty fun.

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
western paladin have you beat the game yet? the whole thing. sorry about the spelling its just i dont really feel like trying to spell i save that for school but do u see how disapointed i was and paladin what did u think about the no damage to human and animal laws you seem to be one of the smartest in the area of this game.

f f freak
08-13-2006, 09:34 PM
It's simple about those laws. You just work around it. Use reaction commands. If you have to send one of your less useful people to jail in order to send the enemy to jail. Or use the law cards. that is what they are there for. You can work you way around every law. You can use some to your advantage for example.
You go into battle against a whole group of viera.
The laws are no damage to humans.
Use whole group of humans and you have a perfect strategy already.
SIMPLE.

Nominus Experse
08-14-2006, 01:21 AM
NOTE - If a Cid's knight or Administrator would rather that I put this as a text file attachment, I gladly will.

Here, I will give you a complete list of laws and their anitlaws because I am very tired of hearing you whine about the laws. Not only that, but I will offer a strategy for each law not using an anti-law card, albiet the laws that state a specific action (such as Techniques, Swords, Staves, etc...).

An R6 Antilaw covers the following:

Copycat :
"Mimicking action of previous unit."
You'll be penalized for performing the same action as the preceding
unit. If the preceding unit waited, or moved and waited, than no action is considered performed.

Alternate method or ways to circumnavigate the law without using an antilaw:

Use varying A-Abilites, such as Sniper Doubleshot, followed by Fight, and then an Assassin's Corner ability. It's simpl, really, just pay attention to what was last used by the preceding unit. Reaction abilties do not figure into this, so Strikeback, Counter, etc work if you, for some reason, only have one A-Ability for your entire team.

Dmg2: Animal :
"Offensive actions against a monster."
You'll be penalized for offensive actions against enemies.

Use a beastmaster and control the monster, which effectively causes the monster to be red-carded, which, in turn, sends it to jail, removing it from the battlefield. Very simple, quick method. Confuse the animal(s) so that they attack eachother. Or use reaction abilities by planting your untis directly infront of their faces, inviting them to fight you. Have a dedicated healer to aid those that suffer damage repeatedly.

Haste :
"Imbuing with 'haste.'"
You'll be penalized for causing haste to a unit.

Don't Haste anyone, plain and simple. Use Quicken instead. Or use Slow to make it seem like your untis are Hasted. Or Sleep, Stop, or Immoblize them.

Healing :
"A-abilities that heal HP."
You'll bepenalized for restoring a unit's HP.

If you are fighting [an] enemy(ies) that uses a particular elemental attack, equip your characters with armour that absorbs that particular element. This causes all of the enemy's attacks to heal you instead of damaging you. Or have Auto-Regen on your units. Or have Auto-Life on, either by the reaction ability found in the Dragoon class, or by means of the Angel Ring.

Skills :
"'Skill' A-abilities. (ex: 'Ninja Skill')"
You'll be penalized for using skills.
(i.e. Ninja Skill, Sagacity Skill, etc...)

I don't know any real method of circumnavigating this one. Just make sure that your magic users have a scondary magic class just in case, and for that of physical units (Ninja) than have them also know a secondary class that somewhat has the same abilities.

"Causing status ailment."
You'll be penalized for causing status ailments to a unit.

No real way to get around this one either - that I know of, that is.

Techniques :
"'Tech' A-abilities. (ex: 'Combat Tech')"
You'll be penalized for using techniques.
(i.e. Dragon Tech, Monk Tech, Fighter Tech, etc...)

Same with tis one, there seems to be no real way without using an R6 anitlaw or an antilaw that specifically states that is will remove Techniques. Simply make sure your units have a secondary class to fall back on in times of need such as this.

An R5 antilaw covers the following:

Color Magic :
"White, black, red, or blue magic."
You'll be penalized for using any magic that's associated with a
color.

Corner :
"'Corner' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using an assassin's "Corner" ability.
(i.e. Last Breath, Nightmare, Rockseal, etc...)

Elementals :
"'Spirit Magic' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a Elementalist's "Spirit Magic" ability.

Holy :
"Holy actions/A-abilities, Holy Weapons are not penalized."
You'll be penalized for performing holy actions or A-abilities.

No true method to get around this unless you use Holy imbued weapons.

Hunt :
"'Hunt' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a hunter's "Hunt" ability.

Knightswords :
"A knightsword hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with knightswords.
(i.e. Defender, Apocalypse, Lionheart, etc...)

Morph :
"'Morph' A-abilities."
You'll be rewarded/penalized for using a morpher's "Morph" ability.

Petrify :
"Petrifying"
You'll be penalized for petrifying a unit.

Sabers :
"A saber hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a saber.

Soul :
"A soul hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a soul weapon.

Stop :
"Stopping a unit."
You'll be penalized for casting stop on any unit.

Cast Sleep on them. Or completely Immobilze them by using skills to Immbolize them and disarm them.

Target All :
"A-abilities affecting the entire field."
You'll be penalized for using attacks that take up the whole screen.
(i.e. Totema, Illusionist skills, etc...)

An R4 Law covers the follwoing:

Addle :
"Addling"
You'll be penalized for using causing "Forgetfulness" to a unit.

Frog :
"Frogshaping."
You'll be penalized for changing a unit into a frog.

Gunmanship :
"'Gunmanship' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a gunner's "Gunmanship" ability.
(i.e. Iceshot, Confushot, Silenshot, etc...)

NOTE that this is only the A-Ability of the Gunner, not his ability to be able shoot acros nine squares.

Katanas :
"A katana hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with any katanas.

Knuckles :
"A knuckles hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with any knuckle
weapon.

Target Area :
"A-abilities with area effect of 2+ panels."
You'll be rewarded/penalized for using attacks that take up 2+ squares.
(i.e. Most magic, Breaths, etc...)

NOTE that you can still use some of the Elemtalist's abilities, the Ninja's, etc... Any skill that only targets only one square, you can still use.

Time Magic :
"'Time Magic' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a time mage's "Time Magic" ability.

If you have the desire to still use Time magic without actually using the A-Ability, there are several reaction abilites that deal with speeding up your charaters (Auto-Haste, Auto-Quicken, etc..) or you can cast Sleep on the target. Immoblizing and disarming them aslo works well.

Wind :
"Wind actions/A-abilities. Wind weapons are not penalized."
You'll be penalized for performing wind actions of A-abilities.

NOTE that this does not include weapons imbued with Wind elemental.

An R3 Antilaw covers the following:

Blades :
"A blade hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a blade.
(i.e. Sweep Blade, Shadow Blade, Sun Blade, etc...)

Call :
"'Call' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using an animist's "Call" ability.
(i.e. Catnip, 100% Wool, Sheep Count, etc...)

Simply use a different A-Ability set. The Animist has some very unique abilites, but there are other jobs that a Moogle can have that serve as somewhat of a substitue for when one can't use an Animist's abilites.

Charge :
"'Charge' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a Mog Knight's "Charge" ability.

Charm :
"Charming."
You'll be penalized for charming an enemy unit.

If it is a monster, have a Beastmaster Control it. Or you can confuse it, which does not really work all the time, but it as close as one can get to the same thing.

Defend :
"'Defend' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a defender's "Defend" ability.

Ganging Up :
"Using a combo, Only the initiating unit is penalized."
You'll be penalized for performing a combo. Only the unit that begins
the combo is rewarded or punished.

NOTE only the unit that BEGINS the combo is penalized, not all of them, and it isn't a random choosing of who gets penalized. BEGINING UNIT.

Instruments :
"An instrument hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with an instrument.

Slow :
"Slowing a unit."
You'll be penalized for casting slow on a unit.

Stop, sleep, immoblize and disarm them. Or cast haste on yourself to create the illusion that they are slowed.

Spears :
"A spear hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a spear.

Steal :
"'Steal' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a thief's "Steal" ability.

An R2 Anitlaw covers the following:

Aim :
"'Aim' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using any of the archer's "Aim" abilities.
i.e. (Boost, Blackout, Burial, etc...)

There isn't any real way of getting around this law, par se, but one can couple other A-Abilites from other jobs with the Archer job. For example, many abilities that you learn as a Soldier can still be used, but now they have the Archer's range. This is why a Paladin/Hunter or Archer mix is so brutal.

Berserk :
"Driving berserk."
You'll be penalized for causing a unit to go berserk.

Bind :
"Immobilizing/disabling."
You'll be /penalized for imobilizing or disabling a unit.

Cast or use a skill that inflicts Stop, Petrify or Sleep.

Control :
"'Control' A-abilities."
You'll be penalized for using a beastmaster's "Control" ability on a monster.

Charm the monster, or confuse it, though the former works much, much better as it is predictable.

Fight :
"A successful 'Attack.' Abilities are not penalized."
You'll be penalized for using the "Fight" command.

Use other A-Abilities, such as Colour Magic, Skills, etc... If not, use reaction abilities by planting yourself directly in front of them.

Greatswords :
"A greatsword hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a greatsword.

Items :
""
You'll be penalized for using the "Item" command.

Really, all of the items can be emulated by some ability or another found in some job class. And truthfully, most abilites are better than the items anyways.

Missle :
"A Bow/greatbow/gun hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with any projectile
weapon.

Cast magic and skills, but do not couple an A-Ability with a bow/gun shot, otherwise it will still be counted against you. Some skills and magic are quite high in their range, and some even hit all enemies.

Rapiers :
"A rapier hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a rapier.

An R1 antilaw covers the following:

Confuse :
"Confusing."
You'll be penalized for confusing a unit.

Charm, or if it is an animal, have a beastmaster control it.

Fire :
"Fire actions/A-abilities, Fire weapons are not penalized."
You'll be penalized for performing fire actions or A-abilities. This does not include using fire weapons.

NOTE this does not include Fire imbued weapons.

Ice :
"Ice actions/A-abilities, Ice weapons are not penalized."
You'll be penalized for performing ice actions or A-abilities. This
does not include using ice weapons.

NOTE this does not include Ice imbued weapons.

Knives :
"A knife hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with any knives.
(i.e. Jack knife, Kris knife, Khukuri, etc...)

Lightning :
"Lightning actions/A-abilities. Lightning weapons are not penalized."
You'll be penalized for performing lightning actions or A-abilities. This does not include using lightning weapons.

NOTE this does not include Lightning imbued weapons.

Poison :
"Poisoning"
You'll be penalized for poisoning a unit.

Protect :
"Imbuing with 'Protect'"
You'll be penalized for casting "Protect" on a unit.

NOTE: I am not sure of this, but one may be able to cast Barrier on other units and not be penalized, though I have never tried.

Shell :
"Imbuing with shell."
You'll be penalized for casting shell on a unit.

NOTE: I am not sure of this, but one may be able to cast Barrier on other units and not be penalized, though I have never tried.

Silence :
"Silencing."
You'll be penalized for casting silence on any unit.

Disarm, stop, sleep, confuse, charm, any ability that causes them to become befuddled so that the enemy cannot cast spells.

Swords :
"A swords hit."
You'll be penalized for successfully attacking with a sword.

I don't think that is all of them, but most. It goes without saying that for all of those laws, there are specific anitlaws to be had, for example:

If a Swords law is in effect, there is a companion Swords anti-law. Not ALL of the laws have a pair, but most do.

If anyone wishes to elaborate or offer more advice on circumnavigating laws I have or haven't covered, then do so.

There, you have it. I do not wish to hear you complaining about laws ever again, for now you have a reference for each and every law I could think of.

feioncastor
08-14-2006, 07:04 AM

Mystic Quest was FANFREAKINGTASTIC. I guess I'm the only guy who liked that game. Heh.

Anyway, FFTA was not bad at all. I definitely like FFT more. I mean, come on, the last boss is Jesus Christ, in a figurative sense. Seriously, you can't top that.

The story of FFTA was engaging enough, I thought. It was a cool idea. A few parts really get you going. There was one totally optional battle and the enemies were zombies, and their names were the same as the bullies in the snowball fight at the beginning. I really liked that.

But look at the FFT story. Betrayals, conspiracies, civil war, romance... The story is complex and intriguing. I've played the game 30 times through (no exaggeration) and there's still some stuff that I don't get. I'm sure that I'm not alone in having been confused by FFT's story, even if only for a little while.

However, I did like the more simplistic approach to the story. Very straight forward. Not really confusing. By the end of your first run through the game, there are no unanswered questions. The only thing I didn't catch was the nature of that Llendar guy. But now I get that too, so yeah.

Plus, FFTA could relate to me a little more since I had been Mewt in school for a while, myself.

Western Paladin
08-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I bow down to Skyblade and Nominus Experse in this area, finalfantasyguy4ever, but I happen to think that the laws that prevent damage to an entire race are... Interesting... in their own way. If you get far enough into the game, you can actually get the law cards that let you put those laws down, which is extremely useful if you can link up with some of your friends (LMAO I did that to the one guy I know who has this game, and he flipped, since he was totally demolished in the last hunt link mission). The no damage laws make it a little mre of a challenge, but hell, if you really try they can be avoided, since they only show up when you put them down yourself. I have yet to fight a battle where those laws didn't let me totally demolish the competition. I killed 5 lv 44-48 opponents with my lv 50 moogle juggler/thief alone. that is how useful those laws can be. BUT! you have to really watch out for the damn animal law. It can cause you a LOT of grief if you aren't a good strategist ( I happen to be an amazing strategist, so there is little problem for me), but remember that any clan battle you have on the overworld map you can run from if you have to, either becuse you have a few too many people on dispatch missions, or if you just aren't capable of getting around the laws (NEVER RUN AWAY! EITHER WIN OR DIE TRYING!!!).and there are only like 2 battles in the game where you can't run and ALL the opponents are animals, so there is next-to-no reason why that law should be stepping on your toes in battle, since you can just send a few of your people to jail if you really want the win.:D :D :D

AND BTW, Heavy Applause for Nominus Experse for your 3/4-4/5 giude of all the laws from MEMORY. I am impressed there. I would be down-right scared if you remembered all the recommended parts to the laws. Kudos to ya.

And I haven't finished the whole game yet, since my friend didn't show up at the beach yesterday with his game so we could trade to get me those last few mission items, which I happen to have on my not-as-far slot. I need to trade over choco-gratin and a stasis rope, and I'll be able to finish the last 5 missions and do the next storyline, which I look forward to, since the judges, however useful they may be, are pricks and I wanna kill em. Just to prove that I AM THE LAW! lmao. And the only reason I can't complete all the missions is because I threw away some key mission items early on, which was incredibly stupid of me.

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-15-2006, 12:28 AM
can someone who got cid tell how he was

Skyblade
08-15-2006, 07:15 AM
Well, like the other job unique characters, Babus and Ezel, he suffers from a lack of customizibility. He is stuck as a Judgemaster, and has no combos. However, he has some of the most powerful abilities in the game. Abate lets you do whatever you want without reprecussions from the laws for a full one of the Judges turn (and, if you have fast characters, that is usually enough time to win the battle). Judge Sword is an attack that does his normal weapon damage and steals JP, perfect for bypassing Reflex and Strikeback, and if your enemy got JP somehow, you can take it. Yellow Clip removes a yellow card from one of your units, but I find it easier to use Abate and not get the Yellow Cards in the first place. Bind is a 3 square range, no damage attack that causes Immobilization and Disable, which is awesome, but accuracy isn't wonderful (always use from behind, if you can), and he can't learn Concentrate. JP Gift lets you give half of Cid's current JP to an ally. Unfortunately, you can't use it to instantly prep a Totema, since the most it can give is 5. His stats are basically Paladin stats, and his equipment is Paladin equipment. Oh, and he is inherently immune to Demi, Quarter, etc...

Check here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=65920) for my complete rundown on all the secret characters.

ValkyrieWing
08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
I beat the game, all the way, and I still like it. That's good enough for me.

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
ok thanks alot casuse i really wanted him

Western Paladin
08-16-2006, 05:32 AM
I still really want him, and if my friend doesn't go to the beach tomorrow so that I can get the judgemaster, that I am going to have to kill him, and that's gonna interfere with my current activity on these messageboards... so let's all hope that Troy shows up and I don't have to kill him and get locked away for a long long time. And yeah my game cart of FFTA is worth more to me than my DS itself, or even my Avatar of Hope or Lethal Vapors cards, and that's saying something right there! This game is excellent, and if you have a few hundred spare hours, then take the time and beat it.:D :D :D I definitely reccomend it.

Shadowdeathrose
08-27-2006, 08:51 AM

Exactly the whole point of Final fantasy tactics advanced was stratagie. it was made so you couldn't just coast through, hence the laws... i different places you need to different attcks it was made so you couldn't just always use your strongest attacks a jobs,

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
im furious i bought another copy to just find out from another thread that you cant get cid unless you trade oooo im am so mad i wasted my money again this is the worst ff because u cant complete the game without trading.

Skyblade
09-14-2006, 01:10 AM
im furious i bought another copy to just find out from another thread that you cant get cid unless you trade oooo im am so mad i wasted my money again this is the worst ff because u cant complete the game without trading.

Yes, you can.

Cid can be acquired without trading. The only thing requiring trading is the Reserve Mission "My Mission". And that mission doesn't count toward the 300 that are required to get Cid.

Also, if you hate the game so much, why bother getting another one?

Whiny brat...

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-14-2006, 02:36 AM
i wanted to try since western paladin said there was a chance i have like 117 missions done but some people said theres no way to get cid without trading

Kefka_Almighty
09-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Then those people are lying to you. It's entirely possible to get Cid without trading. You merely have to complete all three hundred missions that count towards the mission total, and you'll open up a mission that allows you to recruit Cid.

Skyblade
09-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Personally, I think that anyone who goes and buys a second copy of the game voids all rights to complain about it.

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
theres thing i dont like about it but i mean some good points were made i had a fire emblem i didnt play so i traded it for the game im giving it one more chance

Fireblade13
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Ok this thing is off topic thus... We have either smote all the FFTA hata's OR we have brought them to the lightside OR they have given up smiting our spiret which was obvious at the fact that we're making a sequal!

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-26-2006, 12:35 AM
i never said i like the game i just cant stand some points in it.

Roto13
09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Then don't play it.

f f freak
09-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I find it incredibly stupid of you to buy a game you have already said you hate. Then you will go on about how you wasted money again. Then we will have to go all through this again. And so the cycle never ends.

Zamba136
10-03-2006, 06:28 AM
i LOVED the strategy part of the game, but i found that i would've liked it alot more if the out of battle parts held more than clicking on a city, like; FF7 through FF9. FF10 and the sequel were almost perfect in that area, but they, too, lacked the walking around on the worldmap. i liked when i could fly my own airship!

Yar
11-29-2007, 01:04 AM

I find it hard to seriously listen to the idiot who cannot spell any words correctly. You can't even spell "I" right! CAPITALIZE IT. You complain about buying it with 25 us currency, (you mean dollars?), twice. Telling by your Cloud fan boy avatar you probably do not have the true appreciation for the Final Fantasy series either. Let me guess, you hate Final Fantasy I-VI, but have probably also played those for only five minutes?

Go play Dragon Quest.

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2007, 01:50 AM
For one, you just revived a year old thread, which is against the rules (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php). Then you made it worse by flaming somebody. Don't do it again.