PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Sephiroth

Ashley Schovitz
07-18-2006, 11:31 PM
In Kingdom Hearts 2 where can I find twilight gems I'm on level 70 and I still can't find any twilight gems that I need for Goofy's Save the queen it's weird I already have donald's ultimate weapon, and I have all the materials for Sora's, but I still can't synthesize it, what's going on and how do I get twilight gems and how do I defeat the undefeatable Sephiroth?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-18-2006, 11:42 PM
undefeatable? :lol:

Dynast-Kid
07-18-2006, 11:51 PM
for the Sepiroth battle two words...Trinity Limit and Ultima Weapon

would that be four words?

Zeromus_X
07-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Trinity Limit sucks.

Stage One: Right when the battle begins, press triangle for a reaction command to block his supersonic slash attack. You'll have to do this throughout the entire battle. (It's easy.) Let him knock you into the air. Right when you get into the air, and he reappears, do three (or is it two?) square combos and a X combo. You can also do a partial X combo and use square to knock him into the air and then do a full combo. Sometimes he'll do a series of slashes if you get near him, so just glide/dash away.

Stage Two: He'll say something like 'know your place' and start glowing. He'll now teleport around the room. Glide/Slide Dash (preferable Dash) away from him. He'll also use Heartless Angel from time to time. You'll have a window of opportunity to knock him out of it. Double Jump/Glide up to him, and smack him. If it hits, immediately use an Elixir or Hi-Potion. He'll also unleash orbs of darkness that home in on you. Use Reflega to knock them away. He'll also move towards you while he does his series of slashes, glide away this time.

State Three: Same as the second stage, but now he'll summon meteors to attack you. Glide from side to side or around the stage to dodge this. If they hit, immediately use that ability that allows you to stabilize yourself while in the air. (Forgot the name.)

He isn't so hard, once you pin down his attack pattern.

Can't help with your other question. Use an faq or guide for synth materials.

Edit: Second Chance and Once More are very helpful if you screw up, and while Berserker Rage is nice, it definitely isn't necessary. You want to conserve MP for Reflega anyway.

Dynast-Kid
07-19-2006, 12:28 AM
well Trinity Limit worked for me

Tavrobel
07-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Can't help with your other question. Use an faq or guide for synth materials.

Twilight Gem dropped by Assassin, 12%.
Assassins can be found in Twilight Town (L47) and World that Never Was (L50).

Hopefully, shiva will be able to code the Synthesis guide quick enough and we can put it on the frontsite. Until then, CLICK ME! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=82222)

Sephiroth. Berserk Charge + Once More + Second Chance + Aerial Counter. The only time you won't need Second Chance is if your Defense is 60 or higher. At this point, that can only be obtained by using the Defender Path, which ironically enough, gives you Second Chance in the fifties.

If they hit, immediately use that ability that allows you to stabilize yourself while in the air. (Forgot the name.)

Aerial Recovery.

And Trinity Limit only sucks if you don't know how to use it. I wouldn't know, because I have never used Trinity Limit, nor have I found a legitimate reason to do so. Limits are, for the most part, useless (but they don't suck).

Ashley Schovitz
07-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Is there a prefered level and I didn't get as far from Sephiroth when he throws meteors, my problem is when he sucks you in with those flames and wqhere do you learn glide and Second Chance?

Tavrobel
07-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Learn Glide by leveling Final Form. It's easier to get away from the Flames by using Quick Run (Wisdom Form's special skill). Second Chance is learned based on level, depending on which path you took. If you took Sword (which I assume you did), you learn it at level 80. If you took the Shield, then it is around level 55. For the Staff, it is near the sixties.

The preferred levels of fighting Sephiroth is 80+ for Sword, 85+ for Magic (as Seph is immune to all Magic except Reflect spells), and 50+ for Defenders. This is the same across all game difficulties (except possibly for Magic, which will likely make you go higher for Proud Mode). This is not just for the Ability Second Chance, but also because your defense rating WILL NOT BE HIGH ENOUGH TO SURVIVE SEPH'S ATTACKS.

Ashley Schovitz
07-19-2006, 08:35 PM
II die faster when I use quick run, because whenever I try to block and end up doing quick run, which leaves Sephiroth to kill me.

Tavrobel
07-19-2006, 08:44 PM
The only time you use Quick Run is when you are getting away from the Flame Pillars, because they keep pulling you in. Sephiroth throws thirteen columns, and even has a two second cooldown after completing the attack. You should have no problems getting away from him during this segment, unless you are diliberately going back to attack him after he has completed the Pillars attack. Not a good idea, unless your timing is excellent.

Once More will save you anyways. Otherwise, you are simply too slow in your Reactions/Item administering/Curing (which should be in your shortcuts under the X button).

Two seconds is plenty of time to use a curing option. Even for the slow of thumb, as they are those who have not garnered the experience of hitting the "change channel" button on their remotes.

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
It's quite easy to use an Elixer/heal/whatever and then immediately use the Reaction Command to block that slash attack.

jaxun
07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
How do you use the Trinity Limit with sora cause my limit does mediocre damage to him DAMN!!!

Tavrobel
07-27-2006, 10:25 PM
You go to the second command window (press left on the D-Pad), the one with Limits, Summons, and party Change. Choose a Limit, and keep mashing 'X' with the controller, until the command with Triangle is no longer "Break," which breaks the combo. After that, you should be able to do unleash a long series of attacks whilst Sora is unable to be hit.

Trinity Limit with Sora alone is EXTREMELY different from Trinity Limit with all three members.

jaxun
07-27-2006, 10:52 PM
so u only have to tap x with sora only to beat sephiroth??

Dynast-Kid
07-28-2006, 12:02 AM
well you have to perform Trinity Limit many times...

I always use the Ultima Weapon when fighting Sephy cause it has MP Hastega so you can use Trinity Limit many times quickly...

Trinity Limit with only Sora is much different like stated earlier...When it's just Sora all you have to do is tap X rapidly until the reaction command becomes Break...Break repeats all of the hits you did when Trinity first started

When you have your party memebrs it's totally different...you have to pay attention to what attack is assigned to what button(it changes each time)...when you are using Trinity with your party members save Begin Combo for the last attack...

When I fought Sephy I used what I like to call the Trinity/Berserk strategy...
-Equip Ultima Weapon
-Have Berserk Drive ability equipped
-Have many elixirs and potions(change your quick access menu to Curaga and elixirs)
When you first start the battle and do the reaction command, during the "animation period" switch over to the limit page and perform Trinity Limit.Afterwards you can perform a string of unlimited hits until your MP recharges where you can then do another Trinity Limit.Whenever he floats up into the air and does his Heartless Angel attack,if you are close enough run up and hit him,if not,get an elixir ready to go.Whenever he sends those orbs around you,just hit them back to him.When he does the fire pillar attack,I just glided in the opposite direction.When he performs Meteo,glide around it if you can and attack him until he dies.But before he does all of those attacks just keep using the Trinity Limit/Berserk strategy.

NOTE:Try not to get caught up in his aerial attacks.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
y do u have to press x? doesnt it do it automatically?

Dynast-Kid
07-28-2006, 12:18 AM
huh?

Tavrobel
07-28-2006, 12:55 AM
so u only have to tap x with sora only to beat sephiroth??

You will occasionally need to hit the Triangle and the Circle button as well. Maybe the Square button if you are feeling adventurous.

Slicksword45
07-28-2006, 03:03 AM
for me I LET seph knockme into the air, then I used Arieal Recovery and hit X square square X. this useally did alot of damage. doing this and other stuff (most of witch was said somewere here) I could kill seph at level 68 with no form abilitys.

Dynast-Kid
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
then you must be VERY skilled...

jaxun
07-28-2006, 07:58 PM
You will occasionally need to hit the Triangle and the Circle button as well. Maybe the Square button if you are feeling adventurous.

So uhh, What does Triangle, X and Circle do when Sora uses the Trinity Limit???

Tavrobel
07-28-2006, 08:38 PM
then you must be VERY skilled...

No he isn't. He's being smart. The best way to deal damage to Sephiroth is to let him hit you in the air, and then when he gets close enough, use Aerial Retaliation + Berserk Charge. This takes more damage off than Trinity Limit; but it lacks the factor of invincibility (not that Sephiroth can react for awhile).

So uhh, What does Triangle, X and Circle do when Sora uses the Trinity Limit???

X = Attack (used 99% of the time with a 100% chance of statistics being 0% wrong, but also at the same time, only 101% correct)
Circle = Jump/Aerial Dodge (unused, used only outside of battle)
Triangle = Break/Reaction Command (unused, used only in severe circumstances)
Square = people use this button!? WTFAKU! ROIMAIGAWD!

This button pattern also applies to the rest of Kingdom Hearts II.

jaxun
07-31-2006, 02:56 AM
I dont understand..........