PDA

View Full Version : Mount Gagazet dialog: Kelk & Yuna

Zulehan
07-19-2006, 02:37 AM
I want the dialog that was exchanged between Kelk Ronso and Yuna when they met at Mount Gagazet. I thought it memorable and wanted to quote the exchange, and I also want to use it for an essay I'm writing about an aspect of Final Fantasy X's plot. I want accuracy, too. I tried to do my own searching but it was unfruitful.

While I'm at it, I also want to ask this: if anyone knows of a good site that keeps record of all the dialog from Final Fantasy X.

Please and thank you.

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Yes, two game scripts on Gamefaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/197344.html

Don't know if they'll help you or not.

Zulehan
07-19-2006, 07:03 AM
I found exactly what I was looking for.

I thank you for your help.

EDIT: In case anyone has the interest, the dialog I wanted to retreive is the following:

Kelk: "Summoner Yuna and guardians, leave here at once! Gagazet is Ronso land, sacred mountain of Yevon. The mountain will not bear the footsteps of infidels! Enemy of Yevon is enemy of Ronso! Leave, traitors!"

Yuna: "I have cast aside Yevon! I follow the temple no more!"

Kelk: "Then you will die by those words!"

Yuna: "So be it. Yevon has warped the teachings and betrayed us all!"

[...]

Yuna: "We have no regrets."

[...]

Lulu: "Lord Kelk Ronso, if I may. Have you not also turned your back on Bevelle?"

Auron: "But still, you guard Gagazet as a Ronso, not a maester. Yuna is much the same."

Biran: "Elder Kelk! Let Biran rend them asunder!"

Yenke: "No escape! Not one!"

Yuna: "No, we will not flee. We will fight, and continue on."

Kelk: "You have been branded a traitor, but still you would fight Sin? Lost to the temple, hated by the people, yet you continue your pilgrimage? Everything lost! What do you fight for?"

Yuna: "I fight for Spira. The people long for the Calm. I can give it to them. It's all I can give. Defeating Sin, ending pain...this I can do."

Kelk: "Even sacrificing yourself? (to the Ronsos) Ronso, let them pass! (to Yuna) Summoner Yuna, your will is stronger than steel. Tempered steel that even the mightiest Ronso could not hope to bend. Yuna, we bow to your will! Now go! The scared heights of Gagazet welcomes you."