-Tidus (FORWARD)
-Wedge (FOWARD)
-Lakkam (MIDFIELD) Feel free to copy my layout
-Graav (DEFENDER)
-Berrik (DEFENDER)
-Myu (GOALIE)

Subs - Argai Ronso
- Giera Guado

Not bad, trust me guys, at the start of your blitzballing careear, go to luca and go to where the information desk is. Behind it you'll find biggs and Wedge. Wedge turns into the best player in the world. The most attack, most endurance and awsome shot. (Tidus has better shot though).

What's your team?

Hambone
07-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Eigaar (forward)
Bickson (forward)
Brother (midfielder)
Jassu (defender)
Berrik (defender)
Yuma Guado (goalie)

Lionheart_587
07-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I know these guys aren't the best but i had:

Tidus (forward)
Wakka (forward)
Tatts (midfield)
Kyou (defence)
Zalitz (defence)
Durren (goalie)

zeilov_khaschante
07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Forward:
Tidus
Letty
Jassu

They are the first player in Besaid Aurochs, if you remember. and right now they are enough qualified to against the opponent. So I didn't kick them out from the team like I did to Botta and Datto.

Defender:
Zalits
Graav

But now I have problem with this Zalits guy. he only has 6 EN, 8 PA although he has 18 AT and 14 BL, Do you has any better recommendation? I need a strong AT and BL since he is as a defender, but also a high EN and PA.

GL: Keepa

crazybayman
07-19-2006, 04:52 PM
LW - Tidus
RW - Wedge
C - Brother
RD - Kyou
LD - Ropp
G - Miyu

F.A.Y.T.H.
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Tidus
Wakka
Brother
Rin
Ropp
Keepa

Fantasy Lover
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Tidus
Shami
Datto
wedge
Basik ronso
miyu (goalie)

(datto is very fast, he is faster then the guado)

Thorn
07-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Awsome, nice to know I wasnt the only one who knew Wedge's great talent. He truly is the best player if given enough time.

People talk about Brother alot, hes bloody fast but there was one attribute that he had which made me not use him. Like attack or endurance or somthing, one of them was REALLY bad.

Graav is awsome defender, cause he can pass aswell as tackle.

I had letty and botta for a long time, but about 60 hours into the game, all the stars from other teams became available.

By the time your allowed to register wakka, your team is already too advanced. (or atleast my game, depends how much you play)

Dark Messenger
07-21-2006, 05:39 AM
I've been using:

Tidus: LF
Shaami/Larbeight: RF
Zev Ronso/Kiyuri: MF
Deim: D
Kulukan: D
Nimrook: G

I just got Jecht Shot 2 and opened Sphere Shot via Tech Find for Shaami. Larbeight is not the best now, but his shot ends up as one of the highest. Next to Keepa's 99. Zev blocks and passes very well, and he can shoot good too. Kiyuri has an excellent pass and good attack. And Sphere Shot and Invisible Shot. Deim and Kulukan each have Nap Pass 3/Nap Tackle 3 and Drain Tackle 3. Nimrook just plain rocks.

Here's some random stuff:

Nimrook seems all right in defense of midfield.

All the Kilika Beasts start out weak, but they have great potential (Larbeight's SH, they get lots of HP).

Drain Tackle 3 is practically REQUIRED with Jecht Shot 2! (999 HP!!)

Thorn
07-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Congrats on acquiring Nimrook.

But I also vomitted when you suggest the notion of putting him in defense/Midfield. That's like putting Ronaldinhio as a goalie.

4evarisha
07-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I dont remember mines???

Rocket Edge
07-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I kinda forget, but here goes..

Tidus
(Guy with the Al Bhed mask you accquire in luca) Needa i think.
Kiyuri
Ropp
Kulukan
Kyou

Sefie1999AD
07-22-2006, 10:46 PM
My team was mostly Tidus (Left Forward), Wedge (Right Forward), Brother (Middle Forward), Jassu (Left Defender), Ropp (Right Defender) and Miyu (Goalie). Wedge is probably the one who scores the most, although Tidus' Jecht Shot is good if the opponent has a lot of defenders on the way.

zeilov_khaschante
07-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Forward:
Tidus
Letty
Jassu

They are the first player in Besaid Aurochs, if you remember. and right now they are enough qualified to against the opponent. So I didn't kick them out from the team like I did to Botta and Datto.

Defender:
Zalits
Graav

But now I have problem with this Zalits guy. he only has 6 EN, 8 PA although he has 18 AT and 14 BL, Do you has any better recommendation? I need a strong AT and BL since he is as a defender, but also a high EN and PA.

Ah, at last! I found an adequate defender!

Funny isn't it? I'm looking for him all over Luca and Miihen, But I end up found him in my own airship, heh?

Here is my team:
LF : Tidus
MD : Letty
RF : Jassu

LD : Graav
RD : Lakkam ( Lv 16, HP 732, EN 12, PA 31, SP 60, AT 18, BL 12) Good enough, I guess...

GL : Keepa

leonheart292
07-25-2006, 09:05 PM
tidus (forward)
eigar (forward)
brother (mid forward)
jassu (defender)
zalitz (defender)
nimrook (goalie)

my team rocked. XD i love blitzball.

-TIDUS-
07-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Tidus (forward)
Vilucha(forward)
Brother(mid)
Ropp(defense)
Wedge(defense)
Miyu/Nimrook(keeper)

After around lvl 30-40 put wedge on defense, because thats where he shines the brightest.

4evarisha
07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
LF:Tidus
RF:Wedge
C:Brother
LD:Lakkam
RD:?????
G:Miyu

Sain Cai
07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I've always wondered why people use 2 shooting forwards, when you only need 1. I have always usedone forward position to be filled with someone with high BL & AT, therefore stealing the ball easier then with someone with a high shoot and low at/bl

TheSpoonyBard
07-26-2006, 10:32 PM
After around lvl 30-40 put wedge on defense, because thats where he shines the brightest.
If/when you get to Lv80+ Wedge's best position is in goal. He has 62 CA, five less than Nimrook.

I have always usedone forward position to be filled with someone with high BL & AT, therefore stealing the ball easier then with someone with a high shoot and low at/bl
How about players with high AT and BL and adequate~high SH? Kiyuri and Linna fill that role pretty well. As for forwards, Larbeight AT and Basik Ronso's AT and BL are pretty high compared to the rest of the natural forwards.

Cookie
07-27-2006, 12:34 AM
my team is:
Tidus:D
Blappa
Nav Guado
Jassu
Doram
Keepa

Thorn is right Wakka isnt advanced enough by the time you can use him:mad2:

He has some of the best moves as well!

Thorn
07-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Forward:
Tidus
Letty
Jassu

Defender:
Zalits
Graav

Ah, at last! I found an adequate defender!

Funny isn't it? I'm looking for him all over Luca and Miihen, But I end up found him in my own airship, heh?

Here is my team:
LF : Tidus
MD : Letty
RF : Jassu

LD : Graav
RD : Lakkam ( Lv 16, HP 732, EN 12, PA 31, SP 60, AT 18, BL 12) Good enough, I guess...

GL : Keepa

*Pukes* How could you waste lakkam as a defender? Her pass is like the best in the world. Get her mid now!

IceAngel
07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
All mine are the original Besaid Aurochs :)

Lost Number
07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
LF Biggs
RF Letty
MD Brother (Brother could singled handedly take on most teams, IMO)
LD Naida
RD Jassu (i love the tattos)
GK Miyu

Ashley Schovitz
07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
I dont remember mines???
Just go check your game save Like I'm about to.

4evarisha
07-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I dont have Ronso's because theyare slw:)

jaxun
07-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I use the default aurochs for a challenge lol!!!!

Cookie
07-27-2006, 11:53 PM

Do you ever win?

jaxun
07-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Obviously i still win using the original aurochs!!! Once you get the hang of it though....

Shiny
07-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Hm, let me see if I can remember...(my memory card was stolen with all the games I had on it including my FFX saves.)

LF: Tidus
RF: Yuma Guado
MF: Wedge
RD: Zev Ronso
LD: Zalitz
GK: Miyu

Thorn
07-28-2006, 06:14 AM
I dont have Ronso's because theyare slw:)

Yes they definatley aint very fast. I remeber that at the start, the Ronsos totally own because almost every player is weaker then them. but towards the end you start to catch up and outrun them.

Always handy to have one on the bench though.

Spammerman
07-28-2006, 06:15 AM
ronsos are good if u need to get the ball some distnace though. i wish they made a blitzball game, like an actual blitzball gamne with advance moves and controls and stuff.

IceAngel
07-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Do you ever win?

lol, Yeah! I only lost 2 or 3 games when I first started playing but now I can win with 10 against 2 or 8 against 0. I play it a lot :D

ronsos are good if u need to get the ball some distnace though. i wish they made a blitzball game, like an actual blitzball gamne with advance moves and controls and stuff.

I said that to my sister. That would be awesome!

!!!I AM MEGA-DINGO!!!
08-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Wakka forward
Tidus Forward
Datto midfield-looking to replace
Rin defence
botta defence
keepa goalie definitely looking to replace

Thorn
08-01-2006, 05:44 AM
Wakka forward
Tidus Forward
Datto midfield-looking to replace
Rin defence
botta defence
keepa goalie definitely looking to replace

Lmao. Keepa? Disgusting.

You can find a good goalie in Luca. He's a male with olive pants, and I think and orange tanktop sort've /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gify. He's name is Yuma or somthing(It's been so long). The only problem is that he starts of REAL good, but almost NEVER levels his GK skills.

Then theres Myu (My b1tch). She starts ok, and get's awsome. I cant remeber exactly where she is, she sits on a bench though and is dressed as a female crusader. She's either on the bench of some Luca place, or the Bench along the Mihen Highroad. Not sure.

For a midfield replacement, when you get the airship, there's a Al bhed player named "Lakkam" who's retiring about at that time. She's blonde and she has the largest pass in the world.

If you can't find her, or havent acquired the airship yet, just get good ol Letty for what, 1 gil?

vladimir1
08-01-2006, 06:13 AM
I have:
LF: Datto- Speed and shooting skills. ( Fastest guy in the game.
RF: Tidus- Shooting and endurance.
MF: Blappa- Shooting and attacks
LD: Brother- Speed and attacks and some shooting.
RD: Judda- Attack and passing
GL: Nimrook- DUH
I am not saying I am the best but I haven't lost with this team ever.
Or the very first match against the Luca Goers.

Thorn
08-02-2006, 06:23 AM
I have:
LF: Datto- Speed and shooting skills. ( Fastest guy in the game.
RF: Tidus- Shooting and endurance.
MF: Blappa- Shooting and attacks
LD: Brother- Speed and attacks and some shooting.
RD: Judda- Attack and passing
GL: Nimrook- DUH
I am not saying I am the best but I haven't lost with this team ever.
Or the very first match against the Luca Goers.

I don't think Datto is the fastest. Could be wrong, but I beleive that the following are ALL faster.

-Geira Guado
-Zazi Guado
-Wedge
-Brother

and some other hidden talents aswell that i mighten know of.

Cookie
08-02-2006, 06:32 AM
I need a defender to replace Doram- any suggestions?

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 07:35 AM
I was never to fond of blitzball...

TheSpoonyBard
08-02-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't think Datto is the fastest. Could be wrong, but I beleive that the following are ALL faster.

-Geira Guado
-Zazi Guado
-Wedge
-Brother

At Lv99 Datto has a SP value of 90 (though it hits 91 and comes down again). The only players faster than this are Nedus and Brother, each with 99 SP. Giera and Zazi each have 77 SP and Wedge has 66 SP.

Depends on your level.

Lv1-10: Ropp/Naida/Zalitz/Kyou
Lv10-40: Ropp/Naida/Judda/Lakkam/Zalitz/Balgerda/Doram/Wedge
Lv40-70: Ropp/Judda/Lakkam/Kulukan/Irga/Auda/Naida/Kiyuri/Linna
Lv70-99: Ropp/Kulukan/Auda/Irga/Judda/Lakkam/Kiyuri/Linna/Vuroja/Nav

Cookie
08-02-2006, 09:57 AM

-Geira Guado
-Zazi Guado
-Wedge
-Brother

At Lv99 Datto has a SP stat of 90 (though it hits 91 and comes down again). The only players faster than this are Nedus (99 SP) and Brother (99 SP). The Giera and Zazi each have 77 SP and Wedge has 66 SP.

Depends on your level.

Lv1-10: Ropp/Naida/Zalitz/Kyou
Lv10-40: Ropp/Naida/Judda/Lakkam/Zalitz/Balgerda/Doram/Wedge
Lv40-70: Ropp/Judda/Lakkam/Kulukan/Irga/Auda/Naida/Kiyuri/Linna
Lv70-99: Ropp/Kulukan/Auda/Irga/Judda/Lakkam/Kiyuri/Linna/Vuroja/Nav

Excellent thnx alot!

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Tidus - Forward

Kiyuri - Forward

Vuroja - Midfield

Ropp - Defence

Irga - Defence

Nimrook - Goalkeeper

I went through a long process choosing players and I was most happy with this one. One thing I must add, Miyu is a terrible goalkeeper, why did you lot choose her...

TheSpoonyBard
08-02-2006, 05:19 PM
One thing I must add, Miyu is a terrible goalkeeper, why did you lot choose her...
At lower levels her CA increases quicker than Jumal's. In the mid-levels (30-50), her CA is only a couple of points behind Nimrook. She's pretty useless from the 60s onwards though.

And Dreddz, you've got Elite Defence and Brawler on Irga, right?

blue phoenix
08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Larbeight
Isken
Vuroja
Kulukan
Ropp
Nimrook

damn kilika. if i had subs itd be tidus and Linna

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 05:27 PM
And Dreddz, you've got Elite Defence and Brawler on Irga, right?
Yep, I have all the technique's on Irga...

Thorn
08-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Some of you people dont have Tidus, and I find this rather upsetting. His shot and endurance isn't the best in the world, but the Jecht shot IS. It is the best move in the world. If you don't use him then your just trying to be a hardass.

"Pfft who needs tidus"

Dark Messenger
08-04-2006, 11:37 AM
And I noticed many don't seem to use Deim, the other defender from Kilika. Her AT and PA are great! I use her and Kulukan with Nap Tackle 3/Nap Pass 3 and the whole other team is asleep!

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 11:50 AM
im gonna name my favourite team. not the best. but fav.

Tidus
Argai Ronso
Letty
Zalitz
Ropp
Zamzi Ronso

Subs

Nedus/Larbeight/Datto
Vuroja

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
And I noticed many don't seem to use Deim, the other defender from Kilika. Her AT and PA are great! I use her and Kulukan with Nap Tackle 3/Nap Pass 3 and the whole other team is asleep!
Her AT is 46, which is the 25th highest out of 60 players. Not too impressive. Her 89 PA isn't too bad, but there are 5 players with more PA and a higher AT than her.

Also, that Nap technique is bit wasteful since as soon as you score a goal they'll all wake up again. Go with Wither techs and give your forwards Nap Shot 3

licence
08-04-2006, 03:38 PM
I use the orginal Aurochs.

Mo-Nercy
08-08-2006, 01:09 PM
GOALIE

Nimrook is a pain to get since the Psyches rarely release him. By the time you do get him, you've probably leveled up enough to notice that Nimrook doesn't quite cut it in high levels.

Keepa stays above average after about level 10-12 and later on, he goes on to become one of the best.

I actually forget who the best goalie at max level is supposed to be but that doesn't really matter as the game gets very boring long before you hit that level. But at Level 1, Durren is your goalie. He's in the Calm Lands Gorge and he owns up until Level 20.

That's just a little tidbit for your benefit. Personally, I used Miyu right through until I reset the stats (at about the late-mid levels stage). She's above average throughout. Although she starts becoming a little plain towards the end, by then the opponent won't be able to get anywhere near your goal. You find her on the Moonflow, Guadosalam side.

FORWARDS

Tidus. Speaks for itself.

Datto. His SH was pretty tame compared to Tidus' until I started tanking up his levels. He's a fast swimmer and he's an all-rounder in all other aspects. He's really cheap too. I realise that it's no problem getting money in FFX but because I like to think like a manager and Datto was very cost-efficient, I decided to keep him on.

MIDFIELD

I always used to start Blitzing as soon as I left Luca. I don't do what some people do and wait until I get the airship so that I'd have all the best players to scout. I just picked up my crew as I went along, replacing the original Aurochs with whoever I bumped into that was worth using.

For this reason, Brother didn't play in my midfield. I used Linna from Macalania Temple. I was like "WHOA NAP SHOT 3". And scouted her straight up. A bit on the pricey side but the availability of Nap Shot 3 was worth it. (That is until I found out that I'd need to level her up a few times before she even had the HP to make the shot). Great in passing and blocking. A bit slow for an Al Bhed but still above 60. She was the perfect offensive Midfielder. She was particularly helpful in the early stages of my Blitzing when I came up against the Psyches and Nimrook. Datto wasn't yet fast enough to do to the swim-in-and-lure-away trick to get a close shot for Tidus. And Tidus couldn't penetrate Nimrook from the edges of the pool, even with Sphere Shot. Linna, however, would just Nap Shot 3 him. If it went in, super. If it didn't, Nimrook would be sleeping with the fishes. xD

DEFENSE

Kyou. Easy to get a hold of. He's walking around on the end of the Djose Highroad, near the temple. Almost on par with Miyu at goalkeeping but he excels in defense. I don't remember him starting with any great skills but his stats were uber.

Ropp. My weakest link. Found on the Mi'ihen Highroad. He was a bit of a filler until I got my REAL defender in Naida (who comes much later in the Calm Lands). I'd only sometimes bother to get him because he really isn't that much better than Botta or Jassu.

Naida. Pretty weak in stats to begin with but she does have the speed. It doesn't take her long to develop some pretty good stats. And she starts with Venom Tackle 2 (I think, it's one of the '2' tackles) which boosts her initial weakness.

blue phoenix
08-08-2006, 03:01 PM
your report, although long and detailed is very flawed.

Nimrook is the best goalkeeper throughout

Datto also becomes average. all of those characters mentioned excepting linna and Ropp are not along the best. Tidus perhaps but not stastically.

Keepa is always useless, his "improvement" is only sporadic and still terribly behind other GKs

TheSpoonyBard
08-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Post breakdown!

By the time you do get him, you've probably leveled up enough to notice that Nimrook doesn't quite cut it in high levels.
Nimrook is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best goalkeeper from Lv1 to Lv99. His Lv99 CA is 67, which is 5 above Wedge and 7 above Nizarut.

Keepa stays above average after about level 10-12 and later on, he goes on to become one of the best.
Keepa is never above average and is 10th out of 11 at Lv99.

I actually forget who the best goalie at max level is supposed to be but that doesn't really matter as the game gets very boring long before you hit that level.
Nimrook, as stated above.

But at Level 1, Durren is your goalie. He's in the Calm Lands Gorge and he owns up until Level 20.
At Lv1 Nimrook is your goalie, and he owns up until Lv99.

[Linna]...A bit slow for an Al Bhed but still above 60.
Her SP is 59 at all levels.

She was the perfect offensive Midfielder.
Agreed.

Kyou. Easy to get a hold of. He's walking around on the end of the Djose Highroad, near the temple. Almost on par with Miyu at goalkeeping but he excels in defense. I don't remember him starting with any great skills but his stats were uber.
Excels in defence? His AT increases by 7 points in the first 50 levels. Compare that with Ropp, for example. His AT increases by 20 in the first 50 levels. Kyou's BL is simply awful. It starts at 6 and increases to 15 by Lv40. Other defenders have 25-31 BL at the same level.

He begins with Wither Pass, Venom Tackle, Venom Tackle 2, Nap Tackle, Nap Tackle 3, Wither Tackle, Drain Tackle, Elite Defence, of which Nap Tackle 3 and Elite Defence are noteworthy. The only things 'uber' about his stats are his EN and SP. Everything else is decidedly disappointing.

Ropp. My weakest link. Found on the Mi'ihen Highroad. He was a bit of a filler until I got my REAL defender in Naida (who comes much later in the Calm Lands). I'd only sometimes bother to get him because he really isn't that much better than Botta or Jassu.
The consensus is that Ropp is the best defender in the game, only having a slight lapse between Lv30 and 50. At these levels he's beaten by Naida.

Naida. Pretty weak in stats to begin with but she does have the speed. It doesn't take her long to develop some pretty good stats. And she starts with Venom Tackle 2 (I think, it's one of the '2' tackles) which boosts her initial weakness.
Her AT is rather low until about Lv10, then she's considered to be one of the best until the 60's. The tech you're thinking of is Wither Tackle 3.

As blue phoenix said, nice report but full of glaring faults.

Thorn
08-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Endless knows his blitzball. That's for sure.

Keepa is never above average.

I actually "Loled" at that.

Endless, what's your opinon on lakkam? the blonde al bhed midfielder.

TheSpoonyBard
08-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Pretty good, but outdone by her teammate, Judda. She's got high PA and AT at the lower levels, but her BL doesn't really develop 'til the 70s. She turns from good to average at the higher levels, but is still worth using. Decent EN for a defender give her the option of being a defensive MF. However, as with all the Psyches, she's hindered by a small selection of techs.

She's also pretty ugly, but that's neither here nor there.

To dispell your claims that she has 'the largest pass in the world', here are some general level comparisons.

Lv1: Fifth highest (3 points behind 1st place).
Lv10: First by one point.
Lv40: Second by one point.
Lv70: 13th highest (10 points behind 1st place).
Lv99: 22nd highest (33 points behind 1st place).

Thorn
08-09-2006, 04:54 AM
I must be at like lvl 20-30 ATM with my game. Cause she currently has the best past. But your facts seem reliable.

What about Wedge? Who I beleive is the best player.

(and yes she is ugly)

TheSpoonyBard
08-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Wedge is a tricky one since his role changes depending on his level. Before Lv20/30 he's a decent forward, but then his SH stops increasing and his AT and BL continue. It is at this point you move him into defence. He's great in this role as far as his EN, AT and BL go, but his PA is very low (still only 17 at Lv60). Once he gets to Lv85 or so you can move him into goal. He'll have 42 CA by Lv80, 52 by Lv90 and 62 by Lv99. Goaltending is about the only thing he can do well at high levels.

r5r5
08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
My current team is
RF: Wakka
MF: Brother
RD:Nadia
LD: Jassu
GK: Keppa

Please note that I don't have the airship yet though I want my team be
RF: Wakka or Nedus (He has to be a high level though)
MF: Vuroja (he can learn invisible shot)
RD: Kulukan (ecelent passing) or deim (good attack)
LD: Ropp (good attack) or Irga Ronso (ecelent passing)
GK: Nimrook (good at the begining and till the end)

TheSpoonyBard
08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Wakka: 60 SP, 78 EN, 80 SH
Nedus: 99 SP, 71 EN, 74 SH

Nedus is faster and has more AT, but has slightly lower EN and SH. I'd go with Nedus, but Wakka's nice for the nostalgia.

Deim: 89 PA, 46 AT, 89 BL
Kulukan: 96 PA, 64 AT, 64 BL

Stick with Kulukan.

Ropp: 60 SP, 96 PA, 73 AT, 53 BL
Irga: 42 SP, 85 PA, 67 AT, 55 BL

Go with Ropp, even if Irga does have double his EN.

ValiantKnight
08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Endless knows a lot about blitzball it looks like.

Only played a few games.. played right after a little leveling on the Mihen(sp?) road... havent really played since.

Won Wakka's Attack reels with:

Tidus
Wedge

Letty at midfield

Zalitz
Jassu

Jumal at goalie

Started at level 2-3 and now most are level 6-9

Currently just got a certain mode of transportation after a long long long FMV
I just got the airship and searching for Yuna at the moment

Think Tavrobel(probably mispelling his name) mentioned to pick up Brother at this point, so I did for 20 games or so.. but havent been able to try him out yet.... think I dropped Botta.

Any other suggestions or keep going with the main story?
(first time through FFX)

Nedus's speed looks nice.. any others who get that insanely high speed? Most that i've looked at so far are 60-65(those guados are fast)

Tournament wasnt really a problem except for the final game.. almost impossible to score on the Al Bhed goalie.... Jecht Shot finally went through in overtime or close to the end.. can't remember.

Kilika was easy, Ronso was easier.

TheSpoonyBard
08-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Won Wakka's Attack reels with:

Tidus
Wedge

Letty at midfield

Zalitz
Jassu

Jumal at goalie
If you'd picked up Zev Ronso in Luca and walked to the Mi'ihen Travel Agency to find Ropp, that'd be the best team available right after Luca. As it is it's still pretty good.

Think Tavrobel(probably mispelling his name) mentioned to pick up Brother at this point, so I did for 20 games or so.. but havent been able to try him out yet.... think I dropped Botta.
Brother is severely overpowered at the lower levels. He'll have no problem catching up and overtaking the rest of your team in terms of levels if he's your MF. Don't expect to be losing a match any time soon.

Any other suggestions or keep going with the main story?
I'd suggest continuing with the main story for a while, until you get to Zanarkand and have full control of the Airship, since you've got Attack Reels and that's all you really need.

Then I recommend dropping Wedge and hire Vilucha (Besaid) or Shaami (Luca) as his replacement, drop Zalitz and hire Naida (Calm Lands Travel Agency). You can drop Jumal if Nimrook becomes available.

Nedus's speed looks nice.. any others who get that insanely high speed?
Nedus and Brother have 99 SP. Datto has 90 SP at Lv99, but hits 92 SP and comes down again. Nav. G has 84 SP. Naida, Zazi G. and Giera G. have 77 SP. Then there are fifteen players with a SP between 61 and 72.

ValiantKnight
08-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Played a little more and now to the calm lands.

Finally I can play blitzball again! Not sure why it was greyed out for so long...

Might wait a bit longer, but brother is amazing...
He's got the SH of a full Foward, as well as all of letty's strengths in passing... his atk is low but better than most of the other fowards... and 75speed means he can run away from anyone :)

I have to agree.. he probably can beat most teams by himself.

He is equal to a lvl 8 letty in everything I think + more speed and shooting.

Erm back to the team...

Tidus(Jecht Shot)

Wedge(ok attack... horrible passing, good shooting.. good foward with decent attack)

Brother(his attack is just ok.... everything else is insane)

Zalitz(highest attack i know of at low levels and great blocking... ultimate defender for me so far.. no one breaks through him except ronso.. and no one gets a shot by him)

Jassu(decent attack and blocking, good pass to compensate for zalitz's horrible passing)

Keepa(heard he gets decent at goalie and really good at Foward later)
or
Jumal(if I'm playing a team that can get past Zalitz often)

Brother currently is getting all the luca goers to chase him around the blitzball field, then either flat out beats them back to their own goal and scores, or throws a long range pass to tidus or wedge...
His speed is killer... that alone would make him great.. but he also has stats better than most fowards and midfielders.

I think I gave the worst possible beating to the Kilika beasts of their life...

Wedge 0:49
Wedge 1:47
Brother 2:35
Wedge 3:08
Wedge 3:41
Wedge 4:14
Wedge 4:48
Wedge 5:29
Wedge 5:53
Tidus 7:07
Tidus 7:49
Brother 8:20

From there it was cut off.. but I think wedge and Tidus both had another goal...
Tidus got one with 4:58 on the clock in the second half.

The beasts had no goals... I think they only got the ball past midfield once..

Vuroja takes the ball..

Vuroja meets Brother + Wedge or Brother + Tidus at midfield.

Vuroja gets tackled by Wedge
Vuroja gets tackled by Wedge...
repeat.....
Vuroja gets tackled by Brother...
Vuroja gets tackled by Brother...

Wedge goes to goal.. breaks through one defender.. wither shot through the other defender and the goalie...
Brother does the same..
Tidus does the same or uses sphere/jecht shot..

13 - 0 I think was final score.
Sad that they didnt get past midfield but once...

Arvick
09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
tidus
wakka
blapa
nadia
balgerda
jumal

subs
doram
shaami

No.78
09-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Tidus- Shooter
Wakka- Distracter/shooter
Blappa- Shooter
Lakkam- Distracter/passer
Rin- Distracter
Keepa- Goalie

Yep, Blappa is like level 50 and Rin is like level 10. Incredibly unbalanced team, but it works so whatever lol.

Jiro
09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Tidus
Wedge
Letty
Jassu
Botta
Keepa

I'm at Operation Mi'hen and the guys are between lvl 19-21. Wedge is somehow lvl 35! Musta cheated :rolleyes2