PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars KOTOR II : The Sith Lords

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
What do you think of Obsidian's follow-up to Bioware's award-winning Knights of the Old Republic? Well I've said it before and I'll say it again I HATE KOTOR 2!:mad: I've hated that game from the moment I realized that I would have to EARN MY LIGHTSABER AGAIN!...To the moment I saw the ending which not even remotely resembles the ending to The Empire Strikes Back. You see the ending to the original KOTOR was almost like the ending to A New Hope except with KOTOR characters replacing the original trilogy characters. I'll admit there's some things about The Sith Lords that I liked...The slightly impoved battle system is one of them. It was definitely a lot easier to level up in the sequel than it was to level up in the original. I liked the fact that Obsidian created a polygon version of Leia's slave girl outfit.:) And Mira was my favorite character from the sequel...But overall I didn't enjoy KOTOR 2 because in my opinion the story was boring and I felt like I didn't accomplish anything. I became a Jedi again and I defeated three Sith Lords single-handedly! *Scoffs* IT DOESN'T MATTER the Jedi Consul is dead and people still hate you because of what happened during the Jedi Civil War! I also thought that KREIA WAS ANNOYING and I didn't understand her actions I mean why does she help me if in the end she's only GOING TO BETRAY ME!?...THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!:confused: Finally last but not least with the exception of Mira I thought all of the characters are uninteresting and forgettable. I'm disappointed in KOTOR 2 because my expectations were very high. I was expecting The Sith Lords to be the video game equivalent of The Empire Strikes Back (Which is arguably the best Star Wars film ever.) and it wasn't KOTOR 2 didn't meet my expectations.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
It wasn't as good as the original. I traded it in a month later...

AdVenT
07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
The whole thing about influence was pretty annoying and the story wasn't as good as the original like you guys said but other than that I liked the game.

Zante
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I liked the first parts of it where you had to track down the jedi masters, that was fun. Afterwards it got pretty downhill though and the ending outright sucked.