PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Cities

Heath
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Looking at some cities you wouldn't dare to even use the word "beautiful" to describe the feeling when you leave, but if you look around there are some nice cities out there.

I'm not much of a city person myself, but I am quite fond of Chester which isn't too far away from me. It's hardly beautiful, but the Tudor-style buildings are rather charming in their own way. Otherwise, Canterbury and Oxford are both great. I fell somewhat in love with Oxford when I stayed there last week. I've heard good things about Cambridge, but I've never been, whereas I've stayed in Canterbury and Oxford for a week each on two seperate occasions. Outside of Britain, I'd like to visit Prague, which is another place I've been told things about.

So what cities do you think are pleasing to the eye? Or perhaps beautiful for a reason other than aesthetics?

Rye
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
I think NYC is amazingly beautiful. :) I can't even begin to explain it, I just love NYC, the people in it, the rush, almost everything except for the traffic. xD I don't get to go to NYC as much as I should, despite being a Noo Yoiker, but I'm hoping to go to college there.

Chris
07-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I've been to Paris five times, and it never ceases to amaze me. Parts of the city is very old, and other parts are very modern; blending chic with street.

I LOVE Paris more than any other city in the world.

Manilla is a big, loud, dirty, but very a atmospheric city. I love Manilla, but for other reasons that its beauty (or lack thereof). My favourite part of Manilla is its dockside.

Shauna
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Despite what you may think, some parts of Glasgow are really beautiful. =D Sometimes it even amazes me! ^_^

Zeldy
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Everywhere around me is just roads and buildings, theres no art. Manchester and Liverpool are so dull, they just blend into each other.

When I went to Tenby in Wales I thought that was a really pretty town.
Its so perfect!

Heath
07-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Despite what you may think, some parts of Glasgow are really beautiful. =D Sometimes it even amases me! ^_^

Glasgow is a nice city. The west end, particularly, is very nice.

DoomAntenna
07-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Salzburg in Austria. It's just beautiful.

Topcat
07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I love Bath, it's my favourite city in the UK. The architecture is fantastic.

bipper
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Small villages and towns are more my style. Nature provides the best art, best atmosphere, and simply put - the most relaxation.

Venom
07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
New york city. Its so obvious.

Dreddz
07-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Most cities in Europe I would consider beautiful. Barcelona is a favourite, as is Moscow. I wouldnt say anywhere in the UK or US is beautiful, in fact, most cities there are ugly....

I love Bath, it's my favourite city in the UK. The architecture is fantastic.
What.....

Christmas
07-19-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.playersc.com/midgar_big.gif

daggertrepe
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I've been to NYC once, and it took my breath away. :p

Medi
07-19-2006, 06:14 PM
The only big cities I've been to are Detroit, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and New York City. Detroit, is of course, a pile of sludge. Montreal is simply gorgeous. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia were rather nice, and it was nice seeing Philadelphia because I went to see the patriotically historical Independance Hall and Liberty Bell. There was something deep down in New York City that really touched me, and I liked it. I got to see a lot of it too, since we were driving around lost and in a traffic jam for 3 hours. Other than that it was awesome :D

Earlier, I was in a semi-big city about 20 miles southeast of were I live, it's called Ann Arbor. I have always love that city so much because there is just so much to do. There was a huge art festival being held.

Znake
07-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Tokyo, Paris and Madrid.
I also think most Scandinavian Towns look beautiful.

ff_sweden
07-19-2006, 07:59 PM
You are quite right!!! the cities here rocks!:D

Moon Rabbits
07-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Guelph, Ontario is an insanely pretty city, especially it's downtown area.

Hamilton is an ugly, ugly city >:o They used it for Silent Hill and all they had to do was grey the windows.

drunkymonkey
07-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Slough.

OMG PRANKED ROFL!!!111!

SammieBabe
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
NYC is awesome, yes! But Washington DC is gorgeous too. I love all the museums, monuments, and parks...

starseeker
07-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I find London to be a pretty city. The mix of buildings along the Thames from Westminster down the river is cool in my opinion

http://www.music-opera.com/villedumois/villephotos_london/London-River%20Thames.jpg

Hambone
07-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Zanarkand. No, umm... Downtown Austin is pretty.

Shiny
07-20-2006, 12:34 AM
I think NYC is amazingly beautiful. :) I can't even begin to explain it, I just love NYC, the people in it, the rush, almost everything except for the traffic. xD I don't get to go to NYC as much as I should, despite being a Noo Yoiker, but I'm hoping to go to college there.
I want to go to college there too. New York is so purrrty especially at night.

Mum
07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
I have to say emphatically that Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world (having been to quite a few cities). The aspct of having the main street with only one side having shops with the other side entirely showing the fantastic vista of gardens with the castle on top of the rock as the backdrop is unique and unsurpassed. Its just so pretty - and (get this) the city is even prettier at night, being all lit up! The stonework in the buildings are accentuated with being lit up and some of the more intricate architecture are entirely lit up with coloured lights. I LOVE EDINBURGH!

I would have to agree that Paris is beautiful too, as is Chester with that special something.

Giga Guess
07-20-2006, 12:55 AM
To plug the hometown, Calgary's quite nice, if you know where to look. But Vancouver is positively GORGEOUS.

Medi
07-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I haven't been to Vancouver, but I've seen many things about it. I wanna go there when I grow up!

Zeromus_X
07-20-2006, 12:58 AM
I really love Sacramento, and Sedona. Cottonwood used to be nice, until they had to go and urbanize everything...

Aurey
07-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Halifax (Nova Scotia) is quite nice, a lot better looking compared to any of the cities in New Brunswick. But, I think the best looking city I've been to is Québec City. I swooned and awed the whole time I was there, and I'm itching to go back.

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 05:37 AM
http://www.playersc.com/midgar_big.gif

this one's better:

http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx/01-zanarkand/00031.jpg

But I agree with Rye too.

Sylvie
07-20-2006, 05:43 AM
http://www.ff-web.net/v6/img/Luca1.jpg

-TIDUS-
07-20-2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I haven't been to Vancouver, but I've seen many things about it. I wanna go there when I grow up!

I live in Vancouver. I think it is one of the greatest cities in the world. I think it got officially ranked 3rd. The only bad thing is it rains alot. Yeah, I guess if I didn't live here I would think it is awesome. The only other city I have visited is Sacremento, and its grand.

Decessus
07-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Come to the beautiful city of New Jersey and breathe in our aromatic toxic fumes.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Small villages and towns are more my style. Nature provides the best art, best atmosphere, and simply put - the most relaxation.

Yes. Small towns are the best. Especially those in the middle of nowhere surrounded by huge forests. Beautiful places.

Leen-Leen
07-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Prague is a really nice citty, i think.