PDA

View Full Version : Rikku vs. Penelo

Dynast-Kid
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM
From the looks of it, Penelo seems to be the cute,spunky,happy blonde-girl,a title previously held by X's Rikku.I know that most of us haven't played the game but who do you like better?

My vote is for Rikku,always...But Penelo is pretty cute...

Dell
07-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Penelo>Rikku

Covered outfit>Skimpy outfit
Better personality>Rough personality and tomboyism
Vaan>Tidus

Penelo 100%

I've played the game.

Dynast-Kid
07-19-2006, 06:27 PM
good points,but i'm still a bit more rikku-inclined.But Penelo is gaining my admiration

Is the game good or did I get my hopes up for nothing?

Squall Lover
07-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Emmmmmm...
It is hard to choose..?? :confused:
I like the both of them ..
But Rikku always the best.. :)

Dynast-Kid
07-20-2006, 06:12 PM
yeah maybe because Rikku is a more...antique(lack of a better word) character.Penelo seems really cool too.Now they are kinda head-to-head to me.

4evarisha
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I have to choose Rikku she is my favorite character:)

bipper
07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
ZhOmG! Don't make me chose between teh sex pix3lz!!!11shiftone

scooby
07-20-2006, 11:49 PM
From the looks of it, Penelo seems to be the cute,spunky,happy blonde-girl,a title previously held by X's Rikku.I know that most of us haven't played the game but who do you like better?

My vote is for Rikku,always...But Penelo is pretty cute...I don't think that Penelo and Rikku are at all alike. I wish people wouldn't pigeonhole Penelo...expecting her to be the next Yuffie, or Selphie, or Rikku.... Although, given the FF series' poor track record when it comes to character originality, I suppose it's understandable that people have these preconceived notions about how the new characters will behave. But, let me assure you that Penelo does not fit the FF archetype for the "younger female" character. She is not "hyper" - but instead is down-to-earth and sensible. Is she "happy"? Well, she's happy sometimes - but she isn't inordinately happy. Her mood isn't in a fixed state of happiness, if that's what you mean. She worries about Vaan...a lot. She's generally a bit of a worrier, actually. A serious, caring worrier.

Dynast-Kid
07-21-2006, 12:23 AM
yeah,maybe it was just the stereotypical young female thing in FFs

feona17
07-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah I have no idea what Penelo will really be like. In the trailers, yeah, she looks happy doing all that dancing and whatnot but you never know. Rikku was one of a kind, so she'll always have a place in my heart.

Yes, you heard me. The pixels have found their way in there. =P

Dynast-Kid
07-21-2006, 01:52 AM
lol,exactly

4evarisha
07-21-2006, 11:51 PM
I also like Penelo she is pretty:)

Dynast-Kid
07-22-2006, 03:19 AM
yeah,I like her boots!

4evarisha
07-22-2006, 06:54 AM
I love her boots:)

Auragaea
07-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Her boots are ghetto.

feona17
07-22-2006, 05:28 PM
What do you mean by ghetto?

Lightning
07-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I like Rikku better. Penelo is stupid. I HATE her!

FF Girls I hate:

FF7 - Aeris
FF8 - Rinoa
FF9 - Quina (Don't kno if she/he is even a chick! 0_o)
FF10 - None
FF11 - Havn't played
FF12 - Penelo
FF13 - None! (Y do u think my name is Lightning???)

scooby
07-22-2006, 10:37 PM
I like Rikku better. Penelo is stupid. I HATE her!

FF Girls I hate:

FF7 - Aeris
FF8 - Rinoa
FF9 - Quina (Don't kno if she/he is even a chick! 0_o)
FF10 - None
FF11 - Havn't played
FF12 - Penelo
FF13 - None! (Y do u think my name is Lightning???)Wow.... It seems like you're a bit of a hater, Lightning. (By the way, "Lightning" is unlikely to be the name of the girl in the FFXIII trailer; that's just fan conjecture.) You know, "hate" is a very strong word to use - especially in regard to fictional video game characters.

May I ask why you "hate" Penelo? Have you even played FFXII? And it's not really fair to say that you don't dislike any of the characters in FFXIII - because only one character from that game has been revealed.

Auragaea
07-23-2006, 12:46 AM
What do you mean by ghetto?

They're ugly, bulky, and seem very uncomfortable. In fact, let's face it: Penelo has an awkward (nice way to say butt-ugly) style of fashion. She sticks out like a sore thumb from all the characters in your party (with the exception of Fran). She has some wing like things protruding from her back that makes absolutely no sense and her clothing is so tight that it's a wonder she hasn't died from the heat. Apart from her clothing, Penelo is also quite ugly. She has an upturned nose (it seems) and her hair is a jumbled mess of something (a bird's nest maybe?).

feona17
07-23-2006, 01:56 AM
She's not really ugly. But I agree about the boot thing. Rikku is definately prettier though if you want to look at it like that.

scooby
07-23-2006, 06:39 AM
What do you mean by ghetto?They're ugly, bulky, and seem very uncomfortable. In fact, let's face it: Penelo has an awkward (nice way to say butt-ugly) style of fashion. She sticks out like a sore thumb from all the characters in your party (with the exception of Fran).Actually, with the exceptions of Fran and Balthier, all of the main characters wear these so-called "ghetto boots" (including Larsa). I'm going to call them "shin guards", because I think that is a more accurate description of what they are. I agree that the emphasis Yoshida has placed on leg armour is rather absurd and disproportional, but shin guards are a recurring motif in FFXII's character design - just as "belts" were a recurring motif in FFX's. It is unfair and unreasonable to single Penelo out for this.

Basch [attachment 1] is by far the biggest fashion disaster in the game. He wears a lot of leather, too. And what's with the random multicoloured belts?! And the...frilly undergarment thing...? :O_O: Very strange.... And that's just his regular outfit! Some of the other outfits he wears in the game are even worse!!! :eek: Check out this <a href="http://xii.venusgospel.net/ff12_basch.html">hilarious article<a/> on Basch's clothing choices. (Warning: the article contains some SPOILERS.) As you can see, Basch sports the ludicrously OTT shin guards that are a staple of FFXII's character design - along with Vaan, Ashe, Penelo and Larsa.
Apart from her clothing, Penelo is also quite ugly. She has an upturned nose (it seems)...Well, that's a matter of personal opinion, I suppose - but I don't think that she is at all ugly. In fact, I think that she's rather beautiful. It seems to me like you have unreasonably high standards.... I hope that you yourself are a supermodel type, so that you can live up to them....

About her "upturned nose" (as you so delicately put it): most of the characters in the game have upturned noses. So again, you're picking on Penelo for something that is a common feature among FFXII's characters.

Attachment 2: Vaan, Ashe, Balthier and Fran - all of whom have upturned noses (especially Vaan!).

Attachment 3: Prince Rasler - who also has a very upturned nose.

I have an upturned nose. Does that automatically make me ugly, too?
...and her hair is a jumbled mess of something (a bird's nest maybe?).Penelo's hair is actually extremely neat. It is neatly parted in the centre, and divided into two beautifully intricate French braids - which are secured by blue ribbons at the ends. She has a few loose strands of hair on either side of her face, and a short fringe. I don't see how this style could be considered "messy". Fran's is far "messier", surely.

<a href="http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=images/screens/fmv/168.jpg">Close-up side view of Penelo's beautiful hair<a/>

Attachment 4: close-up front view of Penelo's beautiful hair

Attachment 5: close-up back view of Penelo's beautiful hair

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2006, 09:41 AM
id guess id like penelo more. ive not played the game but she doesnt seem as annoying. in FFX rikku wasnt that bad but in X-2 she was just plain annoying. ill judege for myself when i play the game but i think penelo will be better.

Ruskies
07-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Yet eventhough I havnt played XII and it is kinda unfair to make judgments before knowing both characters I would still have to say Penelo because shes a regulation hottie..(mean girls quote, point for me!!) But I dont think she could be worse then Rikku. Whenever I hear Rikku talk I wanna mute the sound but the clicker is always too far away. Im not a FFX hater, Yuna is my fav FF character and X is one of my two fav FF's but Penelo isnt in a game with Tidus which makes her that much more tolerable... and I never really thought Rikku was that cute anyways.

Dynast-Kid
07-24-2006, 12:42 AM
About her "upturned nose" (as you so delicately put it): most of the characters in the game have upturned noses. So again, you're picking on Penelo for something that is a common feature among FFXII's characters.

Attachment 2: Vaan, Ashe, Balthier and Fran - all of whom have upturned noses (especially Vaan!).

I agree on most of your opinions.Again,you're very smart :D
What?Fran doesn't have an upturned nose...in fact,it's relatively flat!

Yoshida has stated that he designed Ashe's bone structure on that of a French woman.Fran's really flat nose is an indicator that he might have designed Fran after an African(I am African-American and have a pretty flat nose myself)As people of African descent usually have flatter noses than people of European descent.Anyway,this thread isn't about Fran's nose it is about Penelo and I don't think she is ugly at all and I like her outfit,it's really neat (it looks kinda like a diving suit!)

scooby
07-24-2006, 12:50 AM
<a href="http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=images/wallpaper/1280/wall17.jpg">Fran's very upturned nose<a/>

No offence to Fran - whom I adore - but her nose wouldn't look out of place on "The League of Gentlemen".... *snigger*

Dynast-Kid
07-24-2006, 01:00 AM
her nose didn't look very upturned in that pic IMO...

Nice pic,btw

scooby
07-24-2006, 01:09 AM
her nose didn't look very upturned in that pic IMO...Are you kidding?! If you can see a person's whole nostrils when you look at them face on (as you can with Fran), then their nose is upturned! If their nose sticks upwards in the air in profile (as Fran's does), then it's upturned!

Dynast-Kid
07-24-2006, 01:18 AM
http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=game/characters

scroll down to Fran's section,her nose protrudes more than I thought it did but her nose isn't very upturned...

And by upturned I assume you mean curves upward at the point

BardTard
07-24-2006, 09:50 AM
I will always love Rikku more. :love: I mean, just look at my name! I don't even know Penelo... *looks* Oh that girl. I still love Rikku more.

FFmooshiFF
07-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Rikku is just so fun <(^_^)>, but at the same time Penelope looks like a really sweet girl.. but you know looks can be decieving ~.^

!Rikku!
07-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Rikku is my fav characeter so it's Rikku time again!!And in FFX-2 she's got cool shoes!!!ANd actually i think her hair is good.
Penelo looks fine but her outfit is strange:confused:
cool boots.:choc:

scooby
07-27-2006, 08:11 PM
http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=game/characters

scroll down to Fran's section, her nose protrudes more than I thought it did but her nose isn't very upturned...

And by upturned I assume you mean curves upward at the pointThat's the exact same picture that I linked to - only smaller. :tongue:

Look - we could argue about this until the cows come home - both linking to vast amounts of pictures - but that would be kinda...inane. I think that Fran has just about the most upturned nose that I've ever seen.... There! I said it. I doubt that there is a picture you could link to that I haven't seen - to change my mind.
I will always love Rikku more. I mean, just look at my name! I don't even know Penelo... *looks* Oh that girl. I still love Rikku more.^ This is exactly what's wrong with this thread. Hardly anybody on these boards has played FFXII...and, of course, all of Rikku's fans have piled in here to vouch for her.... Poor Penelo doesn't stand a chance. Rikku starred in a game that has been out for five years - and it's sequel; she's bound to have a lot of fans. The only thing most people on here have to judge Penelo on is her appearance...which really makes this a very shallow contest. Perhaps threads like these should be postponed until FFXII is released outside of Japan....

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
considering nearly no one on this site has played FF12 i dont see how you can fairly judge in threads like these.

Fantasy_Girl
08-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Rikku 4ever shes awesome but she dressed weird in x-2 i mean come on skimpy much? anyway i like Pennelo's outfit the most

Aria28
08-21-2006, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=~Rikku's_Lover~]I will always love Rikku more. I mean, just look at my name! I don't even know Penelo... *looks* Oh that girl. I still love Rikku more.^ This is exactly what's wrong with this thread. Hardly anybody on these boards has played FFXII...and, of course, all of Rikku's fans have piled in here to vouch for her.... Poor Penelo doesn't stand a chance. Rikku starred in a game that has been out for five years - and it's sequel; she's bound to have a lot of fans. The only thing most people on here have to judge Penelo on is her appearance...which really makes this a very shallow contest. Perhaps threads like these should be postponed until FFXII is released outside of Japan....

Hey, I do prefer Penelo.....but then I've played the game, LOL So I guess it illustrates your point, Scooby. You're right, in the end, you remember a character because it moved you, and that is usually more than about just looks. So Penelo here is at a clear disadvantage.

I loved Rikku in FF X, I found her amusing.....on a good day in FF X-2, but it ruined the character somewhat for me. She was just too hyper, all the time, whereas She had her really touching moments in FF X.....

Penelo on the other hand isn't so much hyper. Character-wise, she reminds me more of Yuna, actually, with something a little childlike from time to time, but that's refreshing in the light of the serious storyline and not annoying at all

Darkwing Bahamut
08-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Rikku and Penelo are nothing alike. But I prefer Rikku over Penelo characterwise (she was my favourite character when I first played FFX). She just seemed more cheerful and optimistic (not that I'm really into that type of character), but thing is, we don't know enough about Penelo to really start liking or disliking her.

penelo rocks
09-14-2006, 09:52 AM
lol,im a fan of penelo all the way i have even almost completed a fan site for her.