PDA

View Full Version : A question for the girls in particular.

Loony BoB
07-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Look around your room. How many of your clothes do you wear regularly? How many would you say you would never wear again (despite the fact that they would fit you)? What kind of clothes do you tend to buy that you very rarely wear? How many items of clothing - do an estimate if you're not sure - would you say you would never wear more than ten or so times in your life?

Just curious. Maybe I just happen to know all the girls that have 'a problem' with shopping, but it seems 90% of the girls I get to know well end up having an insane wardrobe, often overflowing, and very often with a load of stuff they have openly admitted they'll never wear (again).

Laugh at face of Danger
07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
oh ho ho. I just had a major clearout, so i wear all of them! nya, foiled. i buy lots of summer t-shirts, ie tighter ones, that only come out in the summer. but i also recently had work experience, so i have a suit that aint gunna be worn for a while.

I get insanely attached to clothes, i have things i will wear and wear and wear until they have holes in. i've had this one top since i was ten, now i'm 15, and i still wear it. I love it to shreds and back together.

I don't do the whole "ten million pairs of shoes and an outift for each day of the year"

Shauna
07-19-2006, 09:37 PM
I dunno the last time I went through my wardrobe to see what stuff actually fits me.

More than half of the clothes in my wardrobe is actually school uniform.

So, I do really wear the clothes that I buy. I have far too many t-shirts though. xD People just enjoy giving me t-shirts! xD

Zeldy
07-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Oh gosh. I have cupboards full of clothes and school uniforms, and I never wear any clothes out of there. I have drawers full of clothes too. Theres only a handful of clothes that I wear.

I just get attatched to clothes and Im all "Naw. I wanna keep it ;____;"

Faris
07-19-2006, 09:42 PM
*looks around room* I don't think I'll be wearing those socks again for a long time, they'll probably get caught inbetween the bed and the wall. Also, this isn't my room so I'm not obligated to clean or check for things inbetween the wall. :D

feona17
07-19-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm not fortunate enough to buy clothes that I wear once and never wear again. That's a total waste. But I do only wear half of my clothes at a time, and then I'll switch it around. I buy lots of short shorts and t-shirts, they're my favourite types of clothes.

Peegee
07-19-2006, 09:54 PM
I have an insane wardrobe and aside from things that i will never wear (because I bought them and didn't like it or they grew out of style), I wear everything.

I expect women to have similar answers.

mooglebunni608
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, my 'wardrobe' isn't so big. I have a lot of clothes in my bureau, yes, but less than half of them are mine/actually fit me. (and some of it is winter clothes)
The clothes I really wear are pilled up in the corner of my bed, I think I have around 5 or 6 pairs of pants and 9 or 10 shirts that I actually wear.
As for shopping, the only things I buy but don't wear are things I don't want to buy. Like my aunts made me get this wierd dress, but I have no intention of wearing it. :P

Miriel
07-19-2006, 10:41 PM
I have a huge wardrobe, but that's just cause I refuse to throw clothes away. I'd say about 30% of the clothes I can't fit into anymore and were bought when I was like in Middle School. 30% are kinda not my style anymore. And the rest are the clothes I actually wear.

And having a huge wardrobe isn't really a "problem" unless that person is spending huge chunks of money on clothes.

I have a good selection of clothes but 90% of the clothes I buy, I buy either on sale, or when they start off very cheap. I'm a frugal girl. But I still manage to buy like 10 articles of clothing for $100 and end up looking good. :cool:

A week or so ago I bought a reeeeally cute dress for around $12. Now that's a steal!

SammieBabe
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I essentially have more than one "wardrobe", seeing as how my body has been through alot the last two years. I have my full on maternity clothes, my in-between clothes, for when maternity clothes are too big and my regular clothes are too small, then I have my regular size clothes. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to get rid of two of those classifications...:)

Anaisa
07-19-2006, 11:12 PM
I have lots of clothes, but they're all clothes that I actually wear.

Rye
07-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm guilty of that, but a lot of the times, the clothes are just really cheap, especially since my Mom works at a clothes store and gets major discounts, and it's not worth returning them.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Like feona17 said, im not fortunate enough to buy something and only wear it once. I have alot of clothes but ive probably worn them twice or more times. But alot of it doesnt fit me anymore..so yeah. Some I havent worn yet but its cause I havent found an occasion worth wearing them for.

Yuffie514
07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
i wear half of the clothes i ever own weekly. sequins - nevermore...

Miriel
07-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I have a couple articles of clothing I've only worn once or twice, but that's just cause they're super fancy and I would wear them again if only I had somewhere super fancy to go. :(

DoomAntenna
07-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Same as Miriel, I have a few dresses and things I haven't worn more than once because they're really fancy, but in general I wear the clothes I buy. I don't really shop very much any more, simply because now that I'm more or less grown, they don't stop fitting me. I just have to buy new things when the old ones start looking really worn from use. I do admit that I have a bigger wardrobe than just about all the guys I know, though.

Christmas
07-20-2006, 02:30 AM
I think I have more uniforms and overalls than my civilians' clothings. :(

daggertrepe
07-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Half of my clothes don't even fit me, a quarter of them do, and a quarter of them-i have no idea where they came from...

Rusty
07-20-2006, 03:15 AM
I love clothes! Therefore I had a huge wardrobe - until I did my last 'cleanout'. The only person I can give my old clothes to that I don't wear is my eight year old cousin - whom is the only one which will fit in them xD All my clothes I wear all the time are on the side of my computer desk. There's two piles. Enough outfits I keep me looking good. I tend to always have a couple of items I borrow from people too.

In my drawers there is not much left - except for my fancy wear. I'm in the process of updating my whole wardrobe. Slowly buying new pieces.

If I buy something and know I won't wear it - I'll take it straight back. It usually clothes that I didn't really want, or whatever.

Arrianna
07-20-2006, 03:18 AM
I have a couple articles of clothing I've only worn once or twice, but that's just cause they're super fancy and I would wear them again if only I had somewhere super fancy to go. :(
Ditto. Everything else I wear regularly. Mind you some of it is seasonal so I can't wear it all year but that's to be expected.

krayziesaiko
07-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Look around your room. How many of your clothes do you wear regularly? How many would you say you would never wear again (despite the fact that they would fit you)? What kind of clothes do you tend to buy that you very rarely wear? How many items of clothing - do an estimate if you're not sure - would you say you would never wear more than ten or so times in your life?

Just curious. Maybe I just happen to know all the girls that have 'a problem' with shopping, but it seems 90% of the girls I get to know well end up having an insane wardrobe, often overflowing, and very often with a load of stuff they have openly admitted they'll never wear (again).

I have had the same clothes for the past like 5 years, lol. I pretty much wear everything I own, I mean, I go through phases where I will favor a particular outfit, but its not like I have anything I NEVER wear. But then again, I don't really shop. All of my clothes are sort of acquired, from like school clothes shopping, birthdays, christmas, etc. I don't really buy something new unless its something REALLY rare and different. I used to have a friend who had the same pair of Abercrombie pants in 7 different colors. This confused me.

Mum
07-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I buy stuff you can mix n' match so all my clothes get worn pretty regularly. If I haven't worn something for 2 year - out it goes!
However, I have a couple of fancy evening dresses which don't get worn much any more because NO-ONE ASKS ME OUT TO SUITABLE VENUES!:mad:

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 05:14 AM
girls dress HORRIBLY these days :barf:

anyway, I'll go ask some girls out in the streets your questions *points at thread starter*

Reine
07-20-2006, 05:19 AM
There is an IMMENSE pile of laundry in the, err, laundry, and 99% of it is Mum's clothing. I could hunt through it for ages and only find one item of clothing thats actually mine.

*Hasnt bought new clothes for two years*

Shlup
07-20-2006, 08:33 PM
How many of your clothes do you wear regularly?
About 1/3.

How many would you say you would never wear again (despite the fact that they would fit you)?
Never again? Only a couple articles maybe.
What kind of clothes do you tend to buy that you very rarely wear?
Most of the clothes I rarely wear are old. I still like them, but I look like an anti-sexy sixteen year old girl in them. The dresses I buy I rarely wear, but when you need a dress you need a dress.

How many items of clothing - do an estimate if you're not sure - would you say you would never wear more than ten or so times in your life?
Maybe... seven. Four dresses, a pair of pants, and a couple of blouses.

Social pressure to look good. It's society's fault, dammit!

el chupacabra
07-21-2006, 01:36 AM
im poor so my wardrobe thing is my moms, her friends [guys and girls], and random people i do not know. its like having a new closet everyday! except my clothes smell like cigarettes and construction man...ew....yea i spray them with lysol.

fire_of_avalon
07-21-2006, 02:23 AM
What girls do you know, weirdo BoBBo?

I have different sets of clothes for different occasions and seasons. For example, at this point in time I rarely wear my winter clothes, because it's hot outside. Vice versa for the summer clothes in winter time. Also, when I'm working my Sears job, I have a very limited selection of clothes to pick from, because we HAVE to wear black, white and/or khaki/tan. I don't go many places besides work, so I rarely wear my other clothes while I'm working at Sears.

However, when I'm in school, all my clothes get work pretty regularly. At this point in time, I'm working on dropping some weight and toning up, so I'll probably have to start weeding some things out and buying new ones.

Which makes me so mad cause I bought this nice white jacket last winter and it was so freaking warm in Chapel Hill I didn't get to wear it ANYwhere and I was sad.

starseeker
07-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Most of the stuff that I don't wear is in my room because it's too small for me but too big for my younger sister. My mum does most of my clothes shopping or I have to be dragged on a shopping expedition. I hate shopping for clothes and shoes because it takes so long to find stuff that fits me (I'm on the short side and very thin). I think I regularly wear about half my clothes.

Polaris
07-21-2006, 10:07 AM
How many of your clothes do you wear regularly? All of them! lol but most of the times are the tops and skirts!

How many would you say you would never wear again (despite the fact that they would fit you)? Beach clothes... like mini-skirts and tops really small just for beach!

What kind of clothes do you tend to buy that you very rarely wear? Those sweatshirts for winter horribly bigs!

How many items of clothing - do an estimate if you're not sure - more than 50!

would you say you would never wear more than ten or so times in your life? I have clothes that fits me since I was 13!

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM

I regularly wear my school uniform.. a brown checkered skirt to the hips until 3 inches below the knee and a white blouse... I would never wear at least one of those sleeveless shirts :( I always hate those stuff... I dunno why though...

I wear everything I buy... :) Whats the use of buying when you won't even wear it, right? But I tend not to wear most of my pants... guess Favoritsm is visible here. About 3.

:D XudEe!!

Cz
07-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I wear about 80% of my clothes regularly, although some of the older ones, like the pair of trousers I'm wearing right now, are strictly for home use. I've got a few dodgy shirts that I shy away from - mostly gifts that I was too polite to return - but for the most part my wardrobe has held up pretty well.