PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU BEAT YUNALESCA!!!!

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 10:09 PM
How the heck do you beat this women!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I Don't Need A Name
07-19-2006, 10:10 PM
with ALOT of hard work! hehe, Party details are needed!

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm sure Tavrobel or Endless Twilight will have something to say...I can't think of anything other than leaving one person as a zombie for her Mega Death attack right now.

Yeah, that cutscene gets annoying after the third time.

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Ohhh of course it does! Uhhhhh! Im so frusturated!

Hambone
07-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Make sure you are far enough on the Sphere grid that Yuna knows Holy, Tidus knows quick hit, Auron can do about 5500, and that all your aeons are in overdrive. Unload your strongest overdrives on her 3rd form.

Tavrobel
07-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm sure Tavrobel or Endless Twilight will have something to say...I can't think of anything other than leaving one person as a zombie for her Mega Death attack right now.

Yeah, that cutscene gets annoying after the third time.

Liar.

Anyways, yes, the cutscene is annoying. Her Mega Death is annoying. Hearing the same goddamned thing is annoying. Having to say the same thing twice cuts me deep. Deeper than you could imagine. I bleed unholy blood of death because of you, Zeromus_X.

The first thing to do, is to establish a plan. Depending on where you are, you may or may not have an easy time beating Yunalesca. For the most part, I will assume Auron can only do 1750 on average. If you have Holy already, then you need mental help. Seriously. Excessive level is for excessive idiots.

The first stage of the Yunalesca fight is straightforward. Any action you take against Yunalesca will be countered with an attack that causes an ailment that will hinder such an ability. If you attack physically, you will be Darkness-ed, a spell will incur Silence, and any other action will be countered with Sleep. The best way to finish Yunalesca is using Tidus, Auron, and Wakka (or Kimahri is his strength is high enough). Use Aim when she Darkness-es you, and you should be able to fight her effectively. Bring in Yuna to heal as needed (Yunalesca will not Silence her if all she does is Cure). Haste/Hastega as needed. Don't bother with inflicting an ailment on Yunalesca, she is immune to them. Save your Aeons for later in the fight.

Get the characters who you plan on not using to get at least one action in.
I got through the fight with Tidus, Auron, Wakka, and Yuna.

The second portion, Yunalesca stops using Darkness, Silence, and Sleep, so heal the conditions. Instead, she will counter every action against her with Hellbiter, an attack that hits all of your characters, and causes the Zombie status. For the most part, this is currently detrimental to your party survivng, so use Holy Waters (not Remedy), and Heal. However, once her HP gets low enough, do not heal the Zombie status. She also occasionally casts Regen and Cura on your characters, so you can remove the status and benefit. For now.

In the third portion, she uses Mega Death which will kill any un-Zombied members instantly. If you are Zombied, you will survive the attack. Unfortunately, you will suffer from the attacks that were once helping you.

From here, you can go multiple ways to fight the Third form. You can get Yuna to unleash all of her Aeons' Overdrives (Yuna is unlikely to die). If you DON'T use Aeons, then prepare for lots of reviving and Curing. To counter Regen or Curaga, you can set up Reflect spells, Shell spells, or wait for Yunalesca to cast Regen, and Dispel it.

If your characters die during the fight, revive them and Cure, and hope Yunalesca uses her turn to cast Hellbiter. This should keep your HP high enough to survive a few more rounds, as her only major form of attack is Mega Death, Hellbiter, and a bolt of what seems to be something like ice (but is non-elemental), that dispels all positive ailments on your characters.

If you have Holy, use it. If you know anything that can causes Holy damage with Mix, use it.

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 11:32 PM
thx

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 11:32 PM
thx for taking all of that time to right that too!

Hambone
07-19-2006, 11:50 PM
The first thing to do, is to establish a plan. Depending on where you are, you may or may not have an easy time beating Yunalesca. For the most part, I will assume Auron can only do 1750 on average. If you have Holy already, then you need mental help. Seriously. Excessive level is for excessive idiots.
No, it's not. Excessive leveling is to get a lot more out of the game and make those really tough boss fights (Seymour Flux) easy.

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
You have to admit that having Holy by that point in the story is a bit excessive. I didn't even have Holy until after I went inside Sin.

Tavrobel
07-20-2006, 12:16 AM
No, it is excessive. Easy boss fights makes the cutscene that you get after it much less of a reward. And I didn't have Holy when I beat the game. Didn't even get it until after I had caught most of the required Monsters. The most that I've ever had Auron do by the time I fought Jecht was 3.5k.

Sylvie
07-20-2006, 07:13 AM
What I did, I think... was have armors that had a chance of preventing instant death. I casted Auto-Life on Auron, and anyone else if I had time. I really can't remember what I did, but I know I had Deathward on my armor and I was backed up with Auto-Life, and then I think I just dished out as much damage as humanly possible on her.

Donna Tonberry
07-20-2006, 07:50 AM
I can understand having Holy at that point, but Auto-Life? That's excessive.

This playthrough, I have probably overleveled severely. I just beat Flux, and Auron is currently doing anywhere from 5800-6200 with every attack. Which is probably excessive, but it will balance. Also, at this point Yuna will probably have Holy by Yunalesca.

On the topic of Yunalesca, element eater armor is your friend. It allows you to heal yourself without removing Zombie.

G SpOtZ
07-20-2006, 08:15 AM
First you have to revive Aeris.

Hambone
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

Mirage
07-20-2006, 09:26 AM
You beat her by inflicting enough damage to reduce her HP to 0. ;D?
Just be sure to have one of your characters zombified at all times, or have some deathproof armour. If all else fails, level up :p.

DarkLord
07-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Beat her before she beats you

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Level up*

Yeah

*Or FFX equivalent

zeilov_khaschante
07-20-2006, 04:16 PM
First of all, have your characters and weopons/ armors READY!!!
1. get zombie proof or auto-med to all your characters!
2. get your overdrive gauge and aeons' overdrive gauge FULL.
3. DO NOT release your overdrive thing in the first Yunalesca form!! Just do heal and ordinary attack to her (prepare on Darkproof, as you attack her with ordinary attack, she will blinding the characters, and prepare Silenceproof on Yuna and Lulu!).
4. Start to increase your attack by using some of your overdrive character or aeon's overdrive in the second of Yunalesca form.
5. Summon aeons in the third form of Yunalesca, because aeon is immune to death! or have everybody or somebody Deathproof or Deathward.

By the way, Do not judge Yojimbo useless, because it is by him I defeat Yunalesca with three times Wakizashi ( Pay him 10000 of each time turn). IT IS USEFUL, THOUGH You know what? It is because of Yunaleska's Mind Blast (she curse the aeon so that you cannot use your overdrive. if you have dispel on your aeon it is alright, but if I remember, she use osmose too right?) So if you call Yojimbo, you can attack her 9999 WITHOUT OVERDRIVE thingy, and since Yunalesca's attack is weak, you can attack 9999for several turn more. and then Yojmbo dead, so, I call another Aeon to finish Yunalesca, and win. Or another way, may be you can Zanmato her which mean more gil and calculating to pay...

atlanteay
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
umm.. i beat her on my first try, didn't have Holy at that time. No member was KO'ed (i must be lucky:D )

basically, i kept lulu, yuna, auron, and tidus for the main party. Yunalesca's first form, i used Lulu since she has silenceproof on. Then, 3rd and 4th from, i had yuna, tidus and Auron. I used 3 Aeons to do the bidding for me:p But when yunalesca hits with Hellbiter, i have yuna give holywater to tidus because he's faster and have tidus give holy water to auron so auron can attack and won't get hurt in anyway (he has the most HP, i want him to live;) ), It just went on like that and then when she has few HP left before being destroyed and do the mega death, i made sure i stall until it's her turn so she can use Hellbiter to turn all the characters into zombie and then auron unleashes the last strike and 3rd form comes.

I used Aeons to fight the 3rd form since the aeons needed some training and it's a safe way to prevent the party from dying. After aeons all die, i used auron and tidus to attack while yuna heals and cures zombie.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I hate when people overlevel then go, "I HATE this game, it's too easy!" I prefer to play the way the designers intended.

If you have lots of gil, spare change is useful if you get desperate.
It helps to have holy waters and half your party immune to zombie. Be sure you have zombied characters before defeating her second form, and always keep some around.
You may want to be immune to confuse and such, it really sucks to be KO'd by your allies.
Yeah. If you have entrust use it for Rikku if you have some decent mixing items.