PDA

View Full Version : How do I beat Yunelesca?

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
:mad2: How the hell do i beat this women?

Behold the Void
07-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Questions about specific games go in the respective forums.

And make sure at least one party member is zombied at all times.

ulitma_cloud
07-23-2006, 03:44 AM
stragy i good, but you need to be pretty strong. i just trained a bit then tried,that is pretty all you need for final fantasy games

Aradae
07-23-2006, 07:00 AM
You beat her by reducing her health to zero or less

feona17
07-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Oh god, use the search button.

abrojtm
07-23-2006, 07:19 AM
We just had this thread like 3 days ago, seriously.
seriously. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=88933)

lufia
07-23-2006, 02:02 PM
i used zimoshoto (forgot how to spell it, havn't played in a while) anyways pay him some money and bang.

zeilov_khaschante
07-23-2006, 04:37 PM
i used zimoshoto (forgot how to spell it, havn't played in a while)

Do you mean Zanmato?

Cookie
07-27-2006, 01:31 AM
from what i heard i thought she was gonna be solid but she was quite easy. maybe your characters need more training:) just sayin

Zeromus_X
07-27-2006, 01:32 AM
She's actually quite irritating if you don't know what to do. Especially having to watch that same cutscene over and over and over...

Read Tavrobel's post in the similar thread, that'll give you a surefire strategy.

Tavrobel
07-27-2006, 01:46 AM
The first thing to do, is to establish a plan. Depending on where you are, you may or may not have an easy time beating Yunalesca. For the most part, I will assume Auron can only do 1750 on average. If you have Holy already, then you need mental help. Seriously. Excessive level is for excessive idiots.

The first stage of the Yunalesca fight is straightforward. Any action you take against Yunalesca will be countered with an attack that causes an ailment that will hinder such an ability. If you attack physically, you will be Darkness-ed, a spell will incur Silence, and any other action will be countered with Sleep. The best way to finish Yunalesca is using Tidus, Auron, and Wakka (or Kimahri is his strength is high enough). Use Aim when she Darkness-es you, and you should be able to fight her effectively. Bring in Yuna to heal as needed (Yunalesca will not Silence her if all she does is Cure). Haste/Hastega as needed. Don't bother with inflicting an ailment on Yunalesca, she is immune to them. Save your Aeons for later in the fight.

Get the characters who you plan on not using to get at least one action in.
I got through the fight with Tidus, Auron, Wakka, and Yuna.

The second portion, Yunalesca stops using Darkness, Silence, and Sleep, so heal the conditions. Instead, she will counter every action against her with Hellbiter, an attack that hits all of your characters, and causes the Zombie status. For the most part, this is currently detrimental to your party survivng, so use Holy Waters (not Remedy), and Heal. However, once her HP gets low enough, do not heal the Zombie status. She also occasionally casts Regen and Cura on your characters, so you can remove the status and benefit. For now.

In the third portion, she uses Mega Death which will kill any un-Zombied members instantly. If you are Zombied, you will survive the attack. Unfortunately, you will suffer from the attacks that were once helping you.

From here, you can go multiple ways to fight the Third form. You can get Yuna to unleash all of her Aeons' Overdrives (Yuna is unlikely to die). If you DON'T use Aeons, then prepare for lots of reviving and Curing. To counter Regen or Curaga, you can set up Reflect spells, Shell spells, or wait for Yunalesca to cast Regen, and Dispel it.

If your characters die during the fight, revive them and Cure, and hope Yunalesca uses her turn to cast Hellbiter. This should keep your HP high enough to survive a few more rounds, as her only major form of attack is Mega Death, Hellbiter, and a bolt of what seems to be something like ice (but is non-elemental), that dispels all positive ailments on your characters.

I took into consideration everyone's complaints about OMG WHY CANT YOU USE ANTI ZOMBIE ARMOR OMG UR A NEWB, AND YUNALESCA IS WEAK TO HOLY WHY WON'T YOU USE IT:

My answer is, if you can afford to shell out 5000 gil for that Zombie Ward Armor for Auron that Wantz sells to you on Mt. Gagazet, then you go ahead and do it!

Don't yell at me when Auron keeps dying and you can't do damage to Yunalesca because you tried to farm the ingredients needed for a Zombieproof Armor for Yuna. You can't even FARM the stuff needed for that armor yet! How do you even have it at this point? Don't offer some useless "ohh, you'll definitely win if you do this" strategy, when you don't even know what your limits are at this point.

Excessive leveling is for excessive idiots! You shouldn't even have Holy until you finish the game. My assumption when writing this is that all he has is some +10% armor with +10% Defense/MDef or maybe Alchemy for Rikku.

Zeromus_X for the win. I'll bring it over here because no one knows how to read.
Response directed at everyone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
bah, AEONS do their stuff

Slade
07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
The easiest way to defeat Yunalesca is when she uses Zombie on your characters, leave it. That way she can't cast death on you. Make sure there is at least one zombified perty member fighting and just life anyone who dies, simple as pie :)

Tavrobel
07-27-2006, 01:11 PM
The easiest way to defeat Yunalesca is when she uses Zombie on your characters, leave it. That way she can't cast death on you. Make sure there is at least one zombified perty member fighting and just life anyone who dies, simple as pie :)

Not simple as pie because she uses Curative Magic and Regen on your characters. Way to read the post. I applaud your English reading, comprehension, and listening skills.

Slade
07-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Not simple as pie because she uses Curative Magic and Regen on your characters. Way to read the post. I applaud your English reading, comprehension, and listening skills.

And I applaud yours:

just life anyone who dies

Tavrobel
07-27-2006, 01:25 PM

And I applaud yours:

just life anyone who dies

It's not as simple as that if you keep lifing and you keep dying because your HP goes nowhere/she Mega-Deaths... once again. (what does that make, 50 Mega-Deaths in the last half hour?)

Slade
07-27-2006, 01:36 PM
She uses 'Hellbiter' quite often, therefore your characters are more than likely going to be on Zombie status before she uses 'Mega Death'........of course, there's a chance that she will use 'Mega Death' straight out but hey, that only happened once when I played. I really had no trouble with her once I figured out to leave the characters on the Zombie status. The only move that really caused me trouble was 'Mind Blast', as it put my characters on Confuse.

Tavrobel
07-27-2006, 08:02 PM
The problem with relying on Hellbiter to stave off Mega-Death is that she no longer uses it to counter with; if anything, she uses a normal attack (which also dispels) more often. While Mindblast is a threat, it's not enough of one, nor does she use it often enough to warrant a threat.

Mega-Death is also a seven second animation (had to bring it up).

Confusion sucks without Poison and Berserk to back it up. Boy, do those Int/PAL users really miss out!

rubah
07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Excessive leveling is for excessive idiots! You shouldn't even have Holy until you finish the game. My assumption when writing this is that all he has is some +10% armor with +10% Defense/MDef or maybe Alchemy for Rikku.

It took a bit of battling in zanarkand, but i got holy for yuna before yunalesca, and it makes all the difference in the world. Why wouldn't you get holy? It's not even the best white magic spell.

And, if you level kimarhi as a white mage, you get it much quicker :] Plus with white magic spheres, you can teach it to anyone with magic good enough to warrent it.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I still think "Bahamut Overdrive + Yuna Overdrive = pwn first and half of second form" all you need is Hastega, perhaps two characters with Zombie ward/proof armour just to make sure one character (perhaps yuna) stays zombified - hold it (brain is working).

Did no one think to cast shell on the character being affected by zombie, so that regen and the rest don't hurt so bad. If not, why not use reflect then dispel? Why did i not think of this while fighting her myself?

Is there a flaw in casting reflect on zombied characters (such as dispelling regen from yunalesca doesn't work?)?

Tavrobel
08-02-2006, 02:25 AM
If you Dispel your character, then Regen will still hurt you (and often it's an amount that you can't handle because of the lack of HP healing). Reflect completely prevents Curaga and Regen, but it will simply be casted onto her instead. However, her AI makes her less likely to cast either of these spells when Reflect is up.

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Just make sure you have zombied and normal people in your party.

VengefulRonin
08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Yep, 2 zombies and 1 non zombie are best, and you may want a back-up zombie that's in the backup. And holy is great. Maybe it's overrated, but i doubt much else you have will do 9999 a hit, except aeon overdrives...and you dont want to drag this battle out any more than you have to (and you'll be dragging it out just to stay alive).

And you can always go to gamefaqs.com and look up a boss faq.

ChibiKadaj
08-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I am way to afraid to fight her. I'm stuck in the Zanarkand Temple cause I don't want to fight her or that thing before her.

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 03:35 PM
You don't really know if you don't try, do you?

And it's common practice to fill up everyone's (including Aeons') Overdrives before boss fights.

Sain Cai
08-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow. Why dont you just use reflect at the very beginning of the battle, then when you attack, all her counteris in first form will reflect back to her.

This battle isnt that hard, regen will not do that much healing, really nothing to worry about anyway. I also dont know why you need a non zombie character. Hell all you have to do is mix the 9999 do hickie and have wakka finish her off with a perfect attack reels. You dont need holy at all for this battle, and Rikku would be the first to get it (if you plan accordingly)

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, well, it is a bit tedious when you don't have overbroken combinations like Trio of 9,999.

Aurongel
08-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, I beat Yunalesca on my first try, she was pretty tough, I recommend stocking a lot of healing items, cuz this battle, I spent 2-5 rounds at a time re-cooperating, Its more of a trial of patience than strength:angel: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9SbSOyz71x4 follow this link if your still getting the boot from Yunalesca:choc: :choc: :choc:

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Most (all) of darkkefka's videos are excellent tutorials.

Aurongel
08-06-2006, 05:20 PM
:shoot: BTW, The first time I fought her, I used a strategy of a zombie team, and non zombie team, I also taught 3 guys Holy. Also, the first time I saw her morph into her 3rd form, that rly freaked me out, with the bloody medusa thing, definately one of Final Fantasies scariest bosses

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
If you don't have holy just mix a holy water with a grenade when you get the opportunity

jjturtle12
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
when Rikku is doin her thing with the sphere grid, she moves past a level 3 or 4 lock blocking holy, I left her there until i got the appropriate key sphere then used a wht magic sphere to make yuna learn holy. Then i made sure my party consisted of three fastest characters: Tidus, Rikku and Yuna. Rikku should be your healer, holy waterer, yuna should cast holy every turn (have planty of ethers!!!) and Tidus should cast hastega when needed and attack. Make sure that when ur done with part two everyone is zombied or megadeath will kill you. Hope this helps, I still thought it was hard as hell.

ama124
08-30-2006, 12:10 AM
she is incredibly hard is you don't have a plan. But i'm going to keep this simple. These are some tips. I beat her on my first try but she is a pain.

1. bahamut is your best friend :D . Finish her off with him. Make sure either he has overdrive or yuna does.
2. When you reach her third form, keep your guys in zombie form. At least two guys should be in zombie. When she unleashes Mega-Death, you won't all be annhilieated. Trust me it works :D
3. If you have holy, use it. It really helps.
4. Put you're two strongest guys in (i used tidus and auron) and yuna
5. Have tidus cast hastega when needed. Otherwise let auron and tidus hack at her and have yuna heal.

Heero Yuy NWZC
08-30-2006, 02:13 AM
One word: Overdrives. Get them for Yuna and her Aeons. It helps a lot. Holy will be your one sure thing of winning though. Aeons can only help to an extent. Once you have holy, you're pretty much set.

Crossblades
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Constantly use Hastega and your best overdrives. Also, use your Summons only as backup

Jessweeee♪
08-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Summon an Aeon in her third form and she's totally helpless really :P

Vivisteiner
08-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Fight around a bit before going in. Get some zombie ward armour by killing the random enemies before Yunalesca.

When you fight, always heal zombie statue, heal when necessary and attack. Summon Aeons with full overdrive, especially before Mega-Death, to avoid it.

If you have Yojimbo-use Zanmato.

tidus_rox
09-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Are you guys insane? Everyones making it out like its so hard. But really, its not. I mean I went through the game without getting a game over once! Have Yuna Auron And Lulu. Yunalesca with counter a magic attack with slience, physical with darkness and so on. Just keep pumling her the first round and cure everyone with zombie. The second round do same thing but use charactor overdirves and not aeons yet and dont cure zombie. Next round use Yunas overdirve and all aeons overdrives. The end