PDA

View Full Version : Game Like Star Wars???

tidus_rox
07-20-2006, 02:45 AM
In The Little discription where you pick what forum you wish to go to it says that this game is mast like Star Wars. Is it just being funny or is it serious cuz i HATE star wars... Please let me know without adding ne spoilers... Ive already read enough on this site to make 50 men so pissed off that they could die...

Dynast-Kid
07-20-2006, 02:48 AM
the game is very similiar to Star Wars...I watched X-Play's preview of the game...it's again very similiar...The story isn't similiar at all but alot of the themes and stuff in the game are

Sefie1999AD
07-20-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't really like Star Wars games, so hopefully FFXII won't be like them. I remember someone saying the battle system is a bit like the one in Knights of the Old Republic, but I hope it's better than that because KotOR's system was quite bad, IMHO. As for the storyline, there's the setting of Rebels and an Empire, but that's also been in so many FFs that I wouldn't consider it an SW-ish thing. What reminded me the most about Star Wars were the battle cutscenes, especially during airship battles. They looked like SW's space battles, except with guns instead of laser blasters.

Vincentsinnerdemon
07-20-2006, 01:47 PM
i cant really say what id do if this game is like star wars...

...but it would be bad...

Dynast-Kid
07-20-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah have you guys seen the clips where Fran and Balthier are on the hoverbike?I was like WTF this is just like Star Wars!Even if it is just like Star Wars i'll probably like it anyways :D

Dreddz
07-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I dislike Star Wars too :mad:
I dont see much similarity between FFXII and Star Wars, maybe its cause I dont know much about Star Wars and I sleep through most of them...

Dynast-Kid
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't like Star Wars either(except the Banthas,they are pretty...)It just never really interested me.

bipper
07-20-2006, 08:12 PM
This could be good, cause I don't really like Final Fantasy

SuperNatural
07-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Dammit! I hate Star Wars with a passion. Oh well, as long as Final Fantasy XII has the Final Fantasy "feel" to it and they don't go out of their way to make it like Star Wars, I'll be fine. But damn, FF12 looks nothing like a Final Fantasy game to me, that pisses me off a bit.

Zeromus_X
07-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh please. What 'looks like Final Fantasy' then?

It wouldn't be the first time one of the games is similar to SW. Granted, this has many similarities, but oh well. I'm not letting some stupid reason like that keep me from enjoying the game. Almost all the games have some sort of rebellion theme or evil empire. And all the games had technology. Yes, all of them. None of them were truly midieval.

I can't argue with the treats they left in the game.

tidus_rox
08-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Lol I would also play it even if it were like star wars... the story line looks amazing, however most of it has been spoiled by people on this site... RRR It made me soooooooo mad... oh well

Dignified Pauper
08-17-2006, 01:26 PM
just so everyone knows, hirinobu sakiguchi was a HUGE starwars fan.

however, now that he's gone, most of his staff remained, who are also big star wars fans. Therefor, it is natural that there are going to be sweet star-wars similarities. References pop up all over the games.

Aria28
08-17-2006, 02:20 PM
just so everyone knows, hirinobu sakiguchi was a HUGE starwars fan.

however, now that he's gone, most of his staff remained, who are also big star wars fans. Therefor, it is natural that there are going to be sweet star-wars similarities. References pop up all over the games.

Then again, George Lucas has always admitted being influenced by LOTR and mythology, and Tolkien's works and mythology are at the origins of pretty much everything that falls under the Heroic Fantasy genre, including the rp game. So that there are similarities between the FF series and Star Wars is pretty much a given.

That being said, the direct influence of Star Wars is more obvious in FF XII than in prior installments, especially visually; there are also LOTR "visual quotes" as well (the camera move above the army in the opening, for instance)

feona17
08-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Haha I remember walking into the latest Star Wars movie because my boyfriend forced me to, and I walked out twenty minutes later. I don't mind if the game is Star Wars-ish really, whatever, as long as the story/graphics and battle system is good.

YTDN
08-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I watched the trailer on the english teaser site, and I was sure I must have walked into a Star Wars trailer by mistake.

Markus. D
08-20-2006, 08:23 AM
oh yeah.

OVCOURSE star wars was the first movie to have battles in space.

honestly peoples.

Conflagration
08-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I'd say that FFXIII looks a lot more similar to Star-Wars than FFXII.

Markus. D
08-21-2006, 06:38 AM

>->

but its star wars that doesnt have a bunch of Naked people running about.

Sefie1999AD
08-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I watched the trailer on the english teaser site, and I was sure I must have walked into a Star Wars trailer by mistake.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same trailer, but when I saw the first trailer that had English voices, I didn't think it was much like Star Wars. Many Japanese clips made me think of Star Wars, though.

Tanwen Strife
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
From what I've read in reviews the game is supposed to be similar to SW in some of the themes and occasionally in looks (the opening is supposedly reminisent). but as said before, there are several nods to SW throughout the games. Several of them have a Biggs, Wedge and Jesse, the name of several rebel fighter pilots in the films. The universal theme of evil empire, small reble fraction led by princess/woman trumphing against all the odds. There are other things but minds drawing a blank at the moment.

hplvr
08-27-2006, 10:31 PM
EWW!!! hate star wars, oh well ill still buy 12 tho lol but ill like it a little less then i would of liked it

Cid's_Lady_Erin
08-31-2006, 02:53 AM
From what I've seen in trailers, SW-ish of it is the technology mostly (which is more pretty than SW technology in my opinion) and no, no one busts out light sabers or starts using the force (magic yes, but no force) and you don't go around generaling large armies of creatures, then doing most of the work yourself (you do the work minus the army because everyone knows if they help the main characters and aren't named Cid, they're probably going to die. The only thing that could make it worse would be a red outfit). That's to my knowledge anyways (I haven't actually played the game seeing as I don't know Japanese so I can't give anything 100%).

And I like SW. I feel alone in my love of the force.

~SapphireStar~
09-02-2006, 04:56 PM
The only Star Wars link I could see was the parade scene. It looked just like the parade at the end of Episode 1.

Dell
09-03-2006, 06:59 AM
FFXII is not like Star Wars. Their war/crisis/story looks like Star Wars crisis/war/story. All of FFXII is just the same as previous Final Fantasies. With the exception of their system (ADB, Espers, Mob Hunts etc.) but still, it is fun.

Opinion from people who have played the game. :tongue: