PDA

View Full Version : Tall Again

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 05:23 AM
Ok, here's the thing...I've found myself in many situations where a cute short 5'0 babe crosses paths with me and we kinda have a thing for each other, but me being tall as hell it makes it tough on me to really be-friend/approach her or to talk to her at all.

To the short girls here, what's your view on this?

everyone else, discuss!~

Levian
07-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I hate when girls are so small and then you accidently put your beer on their head cus you think it's a table, and then it gets all embarrasing. :/

Loony BoB
07-20-2006, 12:28 PM
If by walking past each other you instantly 'have a thing for each other' then it shouldn't be that hard to say hi regardless of your height, because you already 'have a thing for each other' so there is no need to wonder whether or not she likes you. You're tall, she 'has a thing for you' and you may as well go for it because she quite possibly has a thing for tall guys!

I don't have to worry about this kind of situation because I'm only 5'8". Well, that and no girls 'have a thing for me' just by walking past me. Usually it requires a bit of work beyond that. If a girl has a thing for you just by walking past you, I wouldn't worry about height issues.

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2006, 01:56 PM
This entire concept doesn't make any sense at all. Not any. Why would you have problems approaching a short girl? That's bizzare and strange and illogical.

Rye
07-20-2006, 02:03 PM
This entire concept doesn't make any sense at all. Not any. Why would you have problems approaching a short girl? That's bizzare and strange and illogical.

Yeah. I'm really confused here. I'm 5'0", and the only problem that tall people have with talking to me is that they have to look way down at me a lot, and I have to look up at them a lot. But I don't mind that, it's funny. :p

lovehurts
07-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I hate when girls are so small and then you accidently put your beer on their head cus you think it's a table, and then it gets all embarrasing. :/

Oh my gosh that was so AWESOME!!!:D

escobert
07-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree, I'm 6'2 and I've dated girls 5'0 before. I see nothing wrong with it :p

lovehurts
07-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Its what floats your boat...Ive seen some really tall girls. If you want tall girls then they are right for you...if you want short girls then they are right for you.Just be open to possibilites though, the short girl may just be perfect for you if you got to know her personality.

Mirage
07-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Almost every girl I know is much shorter than me, so I think of that as being just normal. Whenever I see a girl that's as tall as me, or taller, I get freaked out, because it's so unusual.
My girlfriend is 20 cm shorter than me, and it's not really a problem at all. I need to bend my back a lot though <,<.

Rocket Edge
07-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah, i dont see it as a problem. Having girls taller than me is a little awkward though.

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Ok...I guess I should take yer suggestions, thanks all :hat:

Hey little girls! watch out, DeathKnight's....um going to try to approach ye lol:D ...

special thanks to Bob, that explanation you gave made go like this:eek: "he's right!" lmao.

Rusty
07-20-2006, 04:48 PM

Hey little girls! watch out, DeathKnight's....um going to try to approach ye lol:D ...

special thanks to Bob, that explanation you gave made go like this:eek: "he's right!" lmao.

Whatever you do. Don't call short girls 'little girls'. We hate it. Or at least I do xD

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM

Whatever you do. Don't call short girls 'little girls'. We hate it. Or at least I do xD

:D ok..but it sounds cool =P Ok...how 'bout little babes?

Rusty
07-20-2006, 05:00 PM

I'd leave the word 'little' out of everything.

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 05:37 PM

I'd leave the word 'little' out of everything.

k...:-/...yeah I guess it sounds a little offenssive, pardon me.

Ki Ki
07-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I think tall people are just there to make me lose my way and friends. Especially on the train. ]:<

DK
07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I think tall people are just there to make me lose my way and friends. Especially on the train. ]:<

I would never do such a thing. Gross generalization hurts. :(

Ki Ki
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Not you Dan! We are like friends so I can just throw you outside the train! But not those big people that I do not know! :greenie:

Miriel
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't get it. Unless you're like freakishly tall, I don't see why your height should stop you from hooking up with short girls. But if you're like a giant... then it might be a little intimidating.

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't get it. Unless you're like freakishly tall, I don't see why your height should stop you from hooking up with short girls. But if you're like a giant... then it might be a little intimidating.

Yeah...you're right, I'm 6'5...maybe 6'6 now.....I just find it tough talking/flirting to 5'0-5'3 babes. I'll change my ways...

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Just be happy that you are not short. I am 5'3". Do you know how hard it is to find a girl shorter than me? I have never once been the tall one in a relationship. And it is sometimes creepy going out with any girl over 5'8".

So I can't really help you with your problem, as mine has always been just the opposite.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Man your testosterone seems to be stuck in overdrive like some frigging narcissistic Lothario. Heck there ain't nothing wrong with going out with someone a foot shorter, there are plenty of other couples for the public to scrutinize, such as some woman holding a modelling contract in one hand and aging WWII veteran's hand in the other. I'm sure there are as many weirdos to catch the eye in NY as there are in London

EDIT: You are in New York City right?

DeathKnight
07-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Man your testosterone seems to be stuck in overdrive like some frigging narcissistic Lothario. Heck there ain't nothing wrong with going out with someone a foot shorter, there are plenty of other couples for the public to scrutinize, such as some woman holding a modelling contract in one hand and aging WWII veteran's hand in the other. I'm sure there are as many weirdos to catch the eye in NY as there are in London

EDIT: You are in New York City right?

Haha, you're right, I should just stop worrying 'bout how I'd look with a 5'0 babe..

And yeah I livein Zanarkand...also known as New York City

SammieBabe
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm about 5'3. Every guy I've ever seriously dated has been at least 6'0. My husband is almost a foot taller than me. I've never been told that my height was an issue with any guy.
However my aunt, who is 6'1, had issues with her ex being insecure that she was the same height as him...

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Ok, here's the thing...I've found myself in many situations where a cute short 5'0 babe crosses paths with me and we kinda have a thing for each other, but me being tall as hell it makes it tough on me to really be-friend/approach her or to talk to her at all.

To the short girls here, what's your view on this?

everyone else, discuss!~

It doensīt matter how tall you are on the outside itīs how tall you are on the inside that matters, and by inside i donīt mean the heart or the brain:rolleyes2

Laugh at face of Danger
07-20-2006, 09:52 PM
i don't get intimidated by tall anyones, and i've barely breached the five foot mark myself. i couldn't care less, as long at the attention was nice.

tall people are a part of my life, as i'm surrounded by them, so, it doesn't bother me!

RSL
07-21-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm 6'4" and my girlfriend is around 5'2" I think. It hasn't been an issue at all. I never even think about it. I don't see why this should matter!

DarkLord
07-21-2006, 02:59 PM
You've done that too! I'm not alone, lol. That would never happen to me... I don't drink beer.

Iceglow
07-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Hmm it's a funny thing really isn't it? I mean I'm 5'9" or there abouts (if it's going any other number it's either 5'10" or 5'11") but Kitten is 5'2" tall and well as several members of this forum have needlessly reminded me I'm fortunate to have her heck anyone alive would be. However I know I am far from the tallest guy she has ever dated in fact I'm probably one of the shortest guys she has dated and at measuring just under 6 foot tall thats something. Her tallest ex-boyfriend to my knowledge was about 6'7" and that was when she was only 16 (he was in her year group but another school thus meaning technically he could grow even taller!) the thing I seem to get about it and unfortunately I have heard more about this giant coward of an ex of her's than I would ever like to hear (not just from Kitten but some of her old friends who never got over the fact that she broke up with this guy) in her friends eyes he was some kind of saint and could do no wrong yet in Kitten's eyes she thinks it was unwise as though she didn't care about it back then she thinks it must have been a really funny sight of her alongside him especially since if it came to fighting she was the one to actually act not him.

I guess it depends on how comfortable the girl is with really tall guys, a lot of them are actually more comfortable than you realize them to be and even more so I know / have known a good few short girls who actively seek out the taller men in a group that they find attractive and have even been told by one that I was "Too short" for her liking. If the girl can't get past the idea that she's going to look odd next to your taller frame then it's her problem not yours.