PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Necronopticous
07-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Anyone else pick up their copy today? I've been playing non stop since I got it, 8:30 logged already. Undoubtedly the best title on the PSP yet.

Ramza Beoulve
07-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I want to get it n.n, but no money and no PSP makes Ramza a sad boy :(

Zeromus_X
07-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Is it out already? I've been so amped up for Silmeria...

I haven't gotten it, seeing as how I have the original, and don't really need a PSP, but I do have some questions.

Is the sound okay? Like, it isn't all messed up or anything? And, it still has voice acting, right?

I do know it has very hot CG sequences.

Necronopticous
07-20-2006, 08:35 AM
The CG sequences are amazing. As far as I know all of the voice acting is in tact, but I never played the original so I don't know if they took any out...it seems like it's all there. The sound is great, but again I don't have anything to compare it to. The only thing that is keeping it from being perfect so far is the load time, which isn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be (perhaps they cleaned it up for the US release?) but it's still definitely there. It's definitely nowhere near as bad as the Playstation Final Fantasy ports were.

Anyway, I am really, really enjoying this game so far. I am about half way through Chapter 3. Putting it to rest for the rest of the night now, Half Life 2: Episode 1 just finished downloading. ;]

Zeromus_X
07-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Well (when you come on again), what Einjeriar are you using so far?

* I knew I wasn't spelling it right.

Mirage
07-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Einherjar* :p
I want this game, but not enough to get a PSP for it alone. I'd rather just burn another copy of it for my PS1. I started on it, but I didn't finish it last time.

Necronopticous
07-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Right now I'm using Lenneth (LV 14), Arngrim (LV 14), Kashell (LV 4), and Nanami (LV 10).

Dreddz
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Im bidding for my copy on ebay :D

Reine
07-22-2006, 02:55 AM
So is this coming to PAL areas?

I know any copy of it will work, but id rather not have to spends tons importing a copy

Dreddz
07-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Its still cheaper buying imported goods from ebay than buying them in the shops. Bought mine for a respectable £30.

Carmilla
07-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Is this game worth buying a PSP for?

Ive always been very interested in this title and wasnt willing to shell out $100+ on ebay for the PS1 version...

Zeromus_X
07-24-2006, 04:28 AM
Which would be more expensive, a PSP and the Lenneth version, or just buying the original?

But yes, it is a great game.

Rogue
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
i got it yay its so fun @()@
= _____=

Dreddz
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Copy just came through this morning, ive just met Arngrim He's just gotten pissed and trashed a statue :/, Im not judging the game yet, I need more time with the game, thats why Im cutting this post now to get back to it...

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 12:11 PM
The beginning sequence is long and boring. After that, it starts kicking into gear with the platforming RPG goodness.

However, alot of Einherjar recruiting sequences are lengthly. Rest assured, all of them aren't as long as the first one.

I hope you all enjoy it. :) :cat:

Dreddz
07-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh, this game is definately good, Ive just come out of the first dungeon, gameplay is great, the game looks visually great. Not much of a challenge so far, hopefully it will pick up later.
I have one question though, I picked normal difficulty, is there any things I miss out on if I choose normal. Anything on hard mode, or even easy mode that ill miss out on ?

Necronopticous
07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
However, alot of Einherjar recruiting sequences are lengthly. Rest assured, all of them aren't as long as the first one.But that's the best part of the game.

Mirage
07-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh, this game is definately good, Ive just come out of the first dungeon, gameplay is great, the game looks visually great. Not much of a challenge so far, hopefully it will pick up later.
I have one question though, I picked normal difficulty, is there any things I miss out on if I choose normal. Anything on hard mode, or even easy mode that ill miss out on ?
I THINK.
You can't get the best ending on easy, and you can't do the Seraphic Gate on anything other than Hard. The Seraphic Gate is just a bonus dungeon though, no story stuff in there. Don't think there is anything that can be aquired on easy, except the ability to pwn everything without any challenge.

Ichimonji
07-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Don't think there is anything that can be aquired on easy, except the ability to pwn everything without any challenge.

I actually hear that the end of the game is harder on easy because you can't get any of the really good weapons or skills.

I picked up my copy a few days ago, and I'm loving it so far. I chose normal. This game is one of the most unique games I've played, the 2-D side-scrolling puzzle dungeons are clever, and the battle system is pretty intense. The storyline is alright, but then again I'm not very far either.

Dreddz
07-25-2006, 06:57 PM
However, alot of Einherjar recruiting sequences are lengthly. Rest assured, all of them aren't as long as the first one.But that's the best part of the game.
Im with Necronopitcous, they can get really dramatic, which is definately the best part of the game.

Zeromus_X
07-26-2006, 01:10 AM
On Easy mode, which is ironically the most annoying mode because alot of high power equipment is unavailable, many Einherjar are unavailable. Many dungeons are also not unlocked. The A Ending isn't available in this mode.

On Normal mode, all the Einherjar are available (ciw), and more equipment is available. Einherjar start at preset levels.

On Hard mode, different dungeons are available (with even more tough puzzles). All Einherjar start at level 1 (dish out that stored up exp). There are also several Hard-mode specific dungeons. Hard mode isn't actually harder in difficulty than the other modes. It just has mind-scrambling puzzles.

The Seraphic Gate is available once you beat the game on every mode. It is possible to complete it on any mode. However, you must collect the eight Flame Jewels (Lotus Gems, or whatever they're callled) from the eight Hard Mode dungeons (well, I think there were eight) to unlock the doors to the secret characters and super equipment.

Well, for the best walkthrough/faq, use Captain K's faq on Gamefaqs. It has all the info you'll need regarding that, and the endings.

Yeah, I guess the scenes were good, but after seeing them so many times, I guess I get tired of them. The music and emotion to the scenes always fits well, to me though.

So is anyone at Lezard-witten yet? :cat:

And, although you guys probably don't need to be told this, try finishing the game without a guide the first time. Then, when you play it again (it practically requires you to play it more than once), use a guide to get all the stuff you missed and the 'good ending'.

Edit:

The storyline doesn't offer closure unless you get the A Ending. But you should do that with a guide the second time through the game anyway, prefereably on Hard Mode.

Edit again: Oh! And what are all of your favorite tracks from the game so far? :cat:

ValkyrieWing
07-26-2006, 04:34 AM
If I could afford a PSP, I'd have it already....T_T

But I WILL get it eventually. That's the plan, anyway.

Dreddz
07-26-2006, 06:18 PM
And, although you guys probably don't need to be told this, try finishing the game without a guide the first time.
I dont intend to :cool:

Edit again: Oh! And what are all of your favorite tracks from the game so far? :cat:
Definately the theme you hear in Crell Monferaigne, dont know what the track is called.