PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Paul open the secret passage in his house?

Peter_20
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Alright, I've recently got the Ultima spell, and then I headed for Phin, all according to the plot.
I went to the Mirror and used the Pendant, and now the Hiryuu flies around with me.
However, when I visited Paul, he just whines about how hopeless everything is:
"Even you are in trouble this time; the Whirlwind is horrible..." or something.
Then I try every single word in the Say list, but he just responds "?".
I can't remember if I ever got the word "Whirlwind", but I know Hilda is supposed to teach it, but she doesn't seem to say anything.

Now I wonder if my using the Pendant before talking to Hilda and Paul was a mistake?
Or does it have any real importance?

Elpizo
07-20-2006, 05:55 PM
If I remember correctly, you have to use the Hiryuu to fly inside the whirlwind, run through the castle in it and give Emperor a piece of your mind.

EDIT: I don't know when Paul open's the secret place in his house... Mabe aftert the whirlwind or something? Or when Pandaemonium has risen?

chrs229
07-20-2006, 07:47 PM
if you're playing dawns of souls version then the secret passage is near paul's bed but you have to walk through a wall

Zeromus_X
07-20-2006, 09:08 PM
And you have to do it before getting the Hiryuu, so if you already visited the mirror, you're out of luck.

DarkLadyNyara
07-22-2006, 07:10 AM
You have to get the key word Cyclone (or whirlwind) before getting the Hiryuu, then visit Paul before finnishing the Cyclone.

Now I wonder if my using the Pendant before talking to Hilda and Paul was a mistake?
Yep. Sucks to be you.

Zeromus_X
07-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Well, you can still get the one from Fynn's basement, unless this is the GBA version. Quite frankly, even one Blood Sword is an overkill.