PDA

View Full Version : Love Interest...

Hyperion4444
07-21-2006, 02:51 PM
-Do you think Squall should find another girl than Rinoa?

I would have loved it to be Quistis. (Opinion)

You can almost have dinner with her in Balamb Garden if you have her in your team along with Irvine when you escape from D-District Prison to go save the garden.

...sorry Selphie, you had to go to the base instead...

-How did Seifer & Rinoa meet for the first time?

They meet at the bar in Timber. (Opinion)

That would go fine with Eyes on Me lyrics, and would Seifer done the first move like Rinoa did to Squall.

-How come Laguna never got to see Julia?

Because they got lost on the continent, second flash back, Laguna brought the wrong map, (EDIT: it was Estar Excavation Site for the Crystal Pillar for the Lunatic Pandora to summon monsters from the moon, Thanks Xurts! You put it in the rigth words instead of my fast-written post.). Then after they escape, Laguna was badly hurt, Raine recovered him, only staid there a while, then Kiros arrived, hear about Julia's marriage and knew he was too late to go see her... (Long Opinion)

-Matching Game: the new couples.

Squall/Quistis: Because they make a good team (example)

Oh, by the way, if you wish to choose another girl from another FF series if fine too.
But only need at least one guy or one girl from FFVIII, since this is a FFVIII forum...

So, put you're opinion here.

Just one rule, don't talk bad about the other character, like Rinoa for exemple, I won't tolerate it.
Just say: Squall & _____ wouldn't go together because of ______ (their shy, attitude, silent,... for example)

Any kind of bad talk isn't tolerate either, but you already knew that...

Polaris
07-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Squall & Rinoa wouldn't go together because he is shy, she is spoiler! (no at that spoiler) Just imagine if they'd get marry?

Rinoa: Squall, pass me the chicken!
Squall: I'm not in the mood!
Rinoa: *pointing shooting star at him' :mad: GET IT!

Christmas
07-21-2006, 04:51 PM
PuPu.

Rocket Edge
07-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I thought he was fine with rinoa ;)

Hyperion4444
07-21-2006, 06:56 PM
There is more than one question and it's not only about thoses questions.

Anything about love, story, relationships among the characters.

Like, we all know that Laguna is Squall's father, if that's true, why isn't he Squall Loire?
So, maybe the Squall didn't knew, or I think he got adopted once and didn't work.

My Theory: This proves, without a doubt, that Laguna is Squall's father.
Remember in the D-District prison? All the mombas called Squall, Laguna. That's because moombas remembers people by licking their blood...

Moombas don't talk, and the only word he was able to learn the moomba was, Laguna!
His master of language...

Also, Laguna freed a moomba in the hands of Estar.
Laguna, the only who freed him before...

Anyway, that's that.

Anything love interest post here.

-Selphie and Irvine, going to last?

f f freak
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I think Squall should go with Quistis
Selphie should go with Zell
Rinoa should be a loner
and Irvine should become a woman
oh yeah and Edea and Cid should break up because Cid had an affair with Xu.

Xurts
07-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Heh.

Seifer introduced Rinoa to Cid at the SeeD party in Balamb Garden.

How come Laguna never got to see Julia?
After Laguna and company escaped from Centra, they were badly wounded. Laguna washes up somewhere near WinHill, and he is found by the locals and taken to the town to recover. In that amount of time, Julia assumes Laguna has died and she eventually marries General Caraway.

Because they got lost on the continent, second flash back, Laguna brought the wrong map, (I think that the Pandora crashed there instead, removed what he had in his map).
No. The Crystal Pillar was being excavated by Esthar. They were planning on excavating it and building a "box" around it (Lunatic Pandora) so they could move it to Esthar where Dr. Odine could analyze it.

Like, we all know that Laguna is Squall's father, if that's true, why isn't he Squall Loire?
So, maybe the Squall didn't knew, or I think he got adopted once and didn't work.
Because after Squall was born, Raine died. So both him and Ellone are sent to go live at the orphanage with Edea. Squall is never adopted.

If Squall's last name was Loire than it would be too obvious that he is Laguna's son. Maybe Leonhart was Raine's maiden name, and she decided to give him that instead of Loire? Whatever is was, Laguna and Raine are definately Squall's parents.

Rinoa and Squall are perfect for each other. Quistis would never have been able to bring Squall out of his anti-social funk. Only Rinoa could've done that.

Hyperion4444
07-21-2006, 08:37 PM

Actually, Seifer knew Rinoa 1 year before that.
It's in the talking sequance at Galbadia Garden.
... All the more reason why they could have done a Seifer Almasy FFVIII Gaiden prequel...
Anyway...

EDIT: Thanks Xurts about the excavation site, I forgot about that too.

Xurts
07-21-2006, 08:46 PM

Actually, Seifer knew Rinoa 1 year before that.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

daggertrepe
07-21-2006, 09:11 PM
He's with Rinoa for a reason. The whole game is about them, so no, not really, unless you want to make him cheat on her...

G SpOtZ
07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
I assumed Squall was given the name Leonhart by his father as a token of respect to Raine, since she died. You know, in memory of. Or something.

I'm sticking with FujinxEdea

Shiny
07-21-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't think Squall would work with Rinoa, or Quistis. Quistis, because both Squall and her are insecure. Rinoa, because she hardly even knows Squall. But, between the two I think Rinoa would be best since she is more outgoing.

I'm sticking with FujinxEdea
:O_O: :chuckle:

scooby
07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
I agree with *~Dagger Trepe~*: Squall is with Rinoa for a reason.

Squall/Selphie probably wouldn't work out; she's too...independent for him. I hate to say this, but I think that Squall is a bit of a co-dependent (i.e. a needy person who needs to be needed). That's one of the reasons why Rinoa is perfect for him: he's starved for love and affection...which are things that Rinoa is willing and able to lavish on him - and she's rather clingy, herself. Rinoa seems to be the kind of girl who thrives in romantic relationships, whereas Selphie doesn't really seem to be interested in boys in any serious way - beyond innocent flirtations and crushes on much older men *coughLagunacough*. :D Selphie seems to be enjoying her teenage life as a single girl. Good for her!!! :thumb:

As for Squall/Quistis...it wouldn't work out. Actually, I should say, "it didn't work out". Quistis knew Squall for 16 years before Rinoa arrived on the scene - so she had plenty of chances. Clearly, there is nothing between them. And whatever little there might be between them is entirely one-sided.

I think that covers all of the eligible young women in the game....

Darkwing Bahamut
07-22-2006, 09:53 AM
No, Squall and Rinoa are perfect for each other. They had opposite personalities, Squall is introverted and antisocial while Rinoa is cheerful and outgoing, this made their story interesting. A SquallxQuistis relationship would'nt be the same, in fact it was touched on in the game but didn't work out.

celestial_dream
07-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Squall and Rinoa are SO meant for each other. In fact, they're my favourite couple throughout the whole FF series. Squall, being someone who never gave a thought about other ppl's business, goes around the whole world saving Rinoa. Like, how much more devoted and sweet can you get??! Hehe.. anyway, my point is tht, they rock! I wouldn't replace Rinoa for anyone else for Squall's love interest... =)

daggertrepe
07-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I agree with *~Dagger Trepe~*: Squall is with Rinoa for a reason.

Squall/Selphie probably wouldn't work out; she's too...independent for him. I hate to say this, but I think that Squall is a bit of a co-dependent (i.e. a needy person who needs to be needed). That's one of the reasons why Rinoa is perfect for him: he's starved for love and affection...which are things that Rinoa is willing and able to lavish on him - and she's rather clingy, herself. Rinoa seems to be the kind of girl who thrives in romantic relationships, whereas Selphie doesn't really seem to be interested in boys in any serious way - beyond innocent flirtations and crushes on much older men *coughLagunacough*. :D Selphie seems to be enjoying her teenage life as a single girl. Good for her!!! :thumb:

As for Squall/Quistis...it wouldn't work out. Actually, I should say, "it didn't work out". Quistis knew Squall for 16 years before Rinoa arrived on the scene - so she had plenty of chances. Clearly, there is nothing between them. And whatever little there might be between them is entirely one-sided.

I think that covers all of the eligible young women in the game....

I am the ultimate number 1 Quistis fan (I used to Be SakuraAngel) but I agree. I totally agree. Quistis needs to hook up with Seifer. :)

abrojtm
07-22-2006, 06:39 PM
NORG x Squall.

Match made in SEED heaven.

Lightning
07-22-2006, 07:27 PM
I think Squall should go with Quistis
Rinoa should be a loner
and Irvine should become a woman
oh yeah and Edea and Cid should break up because Cid had an affair with Xu.

I totally agree with you. I HATE Rinoa!

Polaris
07-24-2006, 08:31 AM
*At night*

Rinoa: Squall you're uncovering me...
Squall: *thinking* eh eh I hide shotting star! :D
Rinoa: *Points the gunblade* COUCH! NOW!

*At the living-room*

Squall: *looking at Angelo* HEY that's my couch!
Angelo: grrrrrrrrrr
Squall: Ok doggie, I'll go outside...

*Outside, raining*

Squall: I should have heard Irvine!

Dr. Acula
07-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I like that pairing too, even though those two don't get along all that well...

Hyperion4444
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
I won't even quote...

This forum isn't just about Squall and girls.

I've place more than one question for a reason.

As for me, I don't hate Rinoa, I like Rinoa. (was just an example)

And also, unlike the story I've posted up there, I think Squall & Rinoa makes a good couple.

For all of thoses who would have wanted Squall & Quistis:
When you go to the missil base & garden, place Squall/Quistis/Irvine.
You may get to have coffee with Trepe, that is, if you're not interrupted by the garden crashing...

I've got a picture of FFVIII Gaiden with Seifer.
Shows Seifer's picture at the end, Seifer/Raijin/Fujin fighting a T-Rex, standing and talking on Balamb beach.
The video of Seifer Gaiden (the 3 tonberrys) gives a view on some attacks they executed
1- Moomba
2- Full Cure
3- All Float

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy8/video_player.html?id=IXAzxTP_5b8Nujc

If Seifer were a good guy, would you like him?

G SpOtZ
07-24-2006, 12:19 PM
^ Overdid it and killed it.

Polaris
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
xD u're 100 times worst than me!!!!!!!

Quistis: Ah, yeah, give it to me Irvine!
Irvine: Yeah, show me what you got Quistis!
Quistis: Come on, give me more! Is that all you got?
Irvine: Hey! I'm just getting started darling!
Quistis: AH!
Irvine: Yeah, how do you like that! You want some more?
Quistis: AH!
Selphie: Hey! It's my turn now!

Zeromus_X
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Why is Zidane with Garnet? Why is Tidus with Yuna? Yeah. Same reason here.

Hyperion4444
07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not asking why they are together, I'm asking for your opinion on many questions, not the faqs.

One day.
Quistis, Selphie, Seifer and Zell were taking the train
They were all siting in the same cabin,
the two girls in one side, the two guys on the other.

And then they enter a tunnel and all is pitch black.

Smack!

Seifer: Ouch!

when the tunnel ended Seifer had side of his face all Red.

What happened?

The characters think:

Quistis: (He must have thouch Selphie and she slaped him.)

Selphie: (He must have made a move on Quistis and got smacked by her.)

Seifer: (That idiot Zell must have thouch a girl and they slapped me instead.)

Zell: (I can't wait t'il the next tunnel to slap that stupid Seifer!)

Polaris
07-24-2006, 01:27 PM
How come Laguna never got to see Julia?

*At the toilet*

Kiros - Yo Laguna is your chance she's alone...
Laguna - Oh man I can't just now...
Ward - It's your last chance, Laguna...
Kiros - Yes, you should go for her!
Laguna - CAN YOU STOP? YOU'RE MAKING ME SICK!

*At the room*

Julia - He's taking a while... Perhpas he just went away... :( OH BOY WHO CARES?! Men are alll the same...

Hyperion4444
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM

I should have known better than that. LOL.

Because it's the same thing with Rinoa Heartilly and not Caraway.

I'm surprised no one said it.

Ryushikaze
07-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Because there was no need.

Rinoa probably took her mother's name as she distanced herself from her dad.

Squall was taken to the orphanage by the people of Winhill, who mostly opposed the Laguna and his relationship to Raine, and so probably gave him her maiden name.

f f freak
07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
And don't post anything stupid (like: Pupu&Squall or Norg&Rinoa), you're not impressing anyone... You only show us how much a moron you can really be. (It's still funny to laugh at theses persons, lol.)

From what you have posted here I can only assume you mean post more stupid couples so we can imagine it. If that is so here are some.

Rinoa and Angelo (Rinoa is a sick girl)
Cid and Irvine
Norg and Edea
Flo and Selphie
Quistis and Ma Dincht
Squall and Raine (EEEWWW Incest and Necrophilia gross)
Laguna and Kiros and Ward

King-Killer
07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
And don't post anything stupid (like: Pupu&Squall or Norg&Rinoa), you're not impressing anyone... You only show us how much a moron you can really be. (It's still funny to laugh at theses persons, lol.)

From what you have posted here I can only assume you mean post more stupid couples so we can imagine it. If that is so here are some.

Rinoa and Angelo (Rinoa is a sick girl)
Cid and Irvine
Norg and Edea
Flo and Selphie
Quistis and Ma Dincht

:evilking:
LOL!!!
LOL!!!:lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

That's so true.

Maybe if she ''or he'' would have lisen to it...
They wouldn't be in this :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

:trout: f f freak.

Ok, back to serious!

-Do you think Squall should find another girl than Rinoa?

For me, I think Squall & Rinoa makes a good couple.
And Squall & Quistis would also make a great couple.

They meet at the bar in Timber. (Opinion)

You know, that's actually quite good.
It matches with the hole story.
As well as the song.

-How come Laguna never got to see Julia?

Wipe out! Too late, and She died before he could see her.

-Matching Game: the new couples.

Sorry, can't think of any...

Just one rule, don't talk bad about the other character, like Rinoa for exemple, I won't tolerate it.
Just say: Squall & _____ wouldn't go together because of ______ (their shy, attitude, silent,... for example)

Any kind of bad talk isn't tolerate either, but you already knew that...

Yeah... maybe they should ban f f freak from theses forum for abuse of it.

Oh, by the way, you can't accuse me of anything.
You just shouldn't have said that!

Edit: For Couples
Seifer/Rinoa
Squall/Quistis
Raijin/Fujin (was I the only one who tough they were a couple instead of Seifer/Fujin?)
Selphie/Zell
Irvine/Balamb Garden Girls... who? It's hard to keep track. :lol: :yellowkin

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-27-2006, 06:44 PM
squall was a the best player

he played quesis with his i want to be alone stuff
he played rhinoa with his ill save u still if u just released a sorceress
he played edea with ill alw3ays be therte for u baby to fight u
he played ultimacea ill go to the future for u anytime
he played stepanie ill build ur garden back up if u love me more than zell
he played almost evry in the game
o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o squall:cool:

Quistis_Trepe
07-28-2006, 10:28 PM
I can't decide who Quistis should go with.. It's a choice between Squall and Seifer, I like Seifer better anywayz, Rinoa should be alone or hook up wit her dog Angelo like f f freak said with the weird couples.. Selphie should go with Zell.. And Irvine with the Garden ladies..

Qurange
07-28-2006, 10:47 PM
I'd still have to say Xu, for Quistis. But that's just me.

I don't know, I like Rinoa and Squall together. I think they have some things to work on, but they have a nice start. I don't see Selphie and Zell as particularly good for one another--I'd like to see Irvine and Selphie at least try it.

(And Irvine so isn't as good a womanizer as he plays off as being. C'mon.)

Ryushikaze
07-29-2006, 02:47 AM
Zell should stay with his library girl.

Dr. Acula
07-29-2006, 03:04 AM
LOL!!!

Cookie
07-29-2006, 03:20 AM
What about Seifer and Quistis? I think it would be a kind of challenge for her and she might be able to tame him

ChibiKadaj
07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
IrvinexSelphie
SquallxRinoa
ZellxSeifer[Yaoi Obbession taking over]

Quistis_Trepe
07-29-2006, 06:51 PM
What about Seifer and Quistis? I think it would be a kind of challenge for her and she might be able to tame him

I'm with you!!! ^^ Seifer needs sum1 to keep him outta trouble and he did say he wanted to protect a sorceress... + they make the couple!

Cookie
07-29-2006, 08:17 PM
I could see something between them from about the SeeD candidate test. I think they would go really well together

Quistis_Trepe
07-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Yay! Quistis and Seifer!

Moon Rabbits
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
PuPu.

qft.

Dr. Acula
07-30-2006, 02:32 AM

I'm with you!!! ^^ Seifer needs sum1 to keep him outta trouble and he did say he wanted to protect a sorceress... + they make the couple!
YAY someone shares my opinion!!! (They're the same age too! It's a match made in..um... heaven, I suppose!)

Kamrusepas
07-30-2006, 04:52 AM
Squall and Rinoa are one of the strangest couples ever. Never made any sense to me.

Quistis_Trepe
07-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Squall and Rinoa are one of the strangest couples ever. Never made any sense to me.

Yes, they're a very odd couple...

malayguy
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM
squall should do something with xu...
xu is different, there is more than meets the eye...
or squall with, uhh, ultimecia?...

King-Killer
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Everyone is in duo except Quistis. (and Seifer in the end)
Squall/Rinoa
Irvine/Selphie
Zell/Library Girl
Laguna/Ellone
Kiros/Ward
Seifer/Edea
Raijin/Fujin
Biggs/Wedge
Zone/Wattz
Xu/Nida
Cid/Edea <--- Call her Matron if you must, when she ain't evil.

Even Them:
Raine/Laguna <--- When she was alive
Julia/LagunaORCaraway <--- Ether way...
Ultimecia/Griever <--- She is junction unto him...(Don't quote this)
Adel/Rinoa <--- (Don't quote either)
Omega/Ultima <--- if you call them a duo of weapons (and don't quote this)

With that said:
Everyone is in a Duo except Quistis..
Although, she does have a fan club, the Trepie Groupie.
Maybe she can Hook up with Seifer in the end.
I'd love to see thoses two together.

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 06:44 AM
It never appealed to me for Squall and Rinoa...

Cookie
08-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Irvine and Death would make a good pairing!

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Cid and Xu should get together! :D :rolleyes2 :eek:

Cookie
08-02-2006, 08:53 AM
That's weird!
Selphie and Nida maybe?

Qurange
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Cid and Xu? I don't think so. I mean, there's Edea and the twenty year or so age difference to contend with.

boys from the dwarf
08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
this is another rinoa hate thread in disguise. the pairs are perfect. irvine and selphie is good. as you can tell in the game they get on fine. zell and selphie? i doubt it. selphie probly wouldnt like zell. squall and selphie? no. hed just get annoyed and walk off. rinoa and squall is good. rinoa makes squall open up and changes him in ways that selphie and quistis wouldnt be able to do. the pairing on this game is perfect.

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't think it's a Rinoa Hate thread.

Many people dislike maybe 1 character in the game.
I like them all.

Rinoa/Squall, good couple.

But what about Quistis!?
Who should she go with?

Qurange
08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
I've already mentioned who I think Quistis should be with--either she should be alone for a while, to sort herself out or deal with her issues, or she should totally just be with Xu.

But she definitely shouldn't be with Squall, because then she'd /never/ grow as a person. I mean, I've also seen Irvine and Quistis together, but I'm of the opinion that they work rather better as friends; all of the weird little pairings, just about, /can/ work, if they're well-written, though. Well. Not all. But a lot of them can.

f f freak
08-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I think Quistis should go with someone a little older maybe but not older as in Cid because he is too old.

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I think Quistis should go with someone a little older maybe but not older as in Cid because he is too old.

I totally agree.

Quistis_Trepe
08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Cid and Xu? I don't think so. I mean, there's Edea and the twenty year or so age difference to contend with.

Yes, I did it cuz he had an affair with Xu!

King-Killer
08-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Seifer/Quistis.

No one will have to be alone.

Qurange
08-22-2006, 07:22 PM
...because Quistis will eventually have to strangle Seifer in his sleep.

chrisfffan
08-22-2006, 08:38 PM
someboady posted this Squall & Rinoa wouldn't go together because he is shy, she is spoiler! (no at that spoiler) Just imagine if they'd get marry?

but sometimes opposites attract! he came out of his shell anyway in the end!

DfKimera
08-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Im with Qurange on the Quistis x Xu idea.

And yeah, Squall x Rinoa makes up the best couple

Hyperion4444
08-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Rinoa & Squall are a Perfect Couple.

As for me,
Rinoa goes very well with Squall, just drop the black hair, and they're Perfect!