PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 6

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Tekken 6 is coming! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Wait, you say it's coming on the PS3? Crap...

Dreddz
07-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Why would it be on any other console ?
And yes, Tekken 6 will be great :D

JKTrix
07-21-2006, 07:13 PM
This is one of the games I'll be getting when I eventually get a PS3. And an arcade stick, unless I can USB my PS2 Hori Sticks into it.

starseeker
07-21-2006, 07:14 PM
My cousin said he saw this in an arcade. I don't believe it though.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 07:19 PM
It's still in developement last I heard.

Mirage
07-21-2006, 08:04 PM
This didn't exactly come as a shock.

Rocket Edge
07-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Tekken 6 :hyper: i cant wait!

atlanteay
07-22-2006, 02:12 AM
can't wait! but i read on wikipedia that many fans were disappointed when they saw the fighting sequence between Jin and Lili for the E3 2006 trailer because graphics wasn't as stunning as the sony conference teaser.

time to save money for the ps3

Mirage
07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
That's because it was a pre-rendered movie, my dear.

Hambone
07-22-2006, 07:46 AM
article?

Mattokenzi
07-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Yep I'm getting it on the PS3 and a HD TV and I'll give my PS2 to someone

Alive-Cat
07-22-2006, 11:23 AM
The Tekken's were once my most mastered games. But I don't even own 5 yet. :(
I'm slipping.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-22-2006, 11:37 AM
They're up to six? Wow
I wouldn't have thought a beat-'em-up would be able to spawn so many sequels

Slade
07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Personally I don't see how they are going to create a Tekken game as good as the Tekken 5. Namco basically went all out on Tekken 5.....it was perfect. I'm still lookin forward to Tekken 6 though.

Sergeant Hartman
07-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Same thing, better graphics.

Alive-Cat
07-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, Tekken is one of the few fighting games with a good story, so I guess they can keep making the games as long as the story progresses.

Mo-Nercy
07-23-2006, 10:33 AM
They're up to six? Wow
I wouldn't have thought a beat-'em-up would be able to spawn so many sequels
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Fighter, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown.

The shift from TTT to T4 was massive. Most pros didn't appreciate the game becoming so unbalanced. People who used Jin were like <3. T4 was a game that tried too hard to be different with the sudden implentation of walls and uneven battlefields. But Namco fixed a lot of the problems found in T4 with T5. They tidied up the whole wall idea by taking out wall teching but making the wall splash itself have less effect so that the walled character goes to ground faster. Juggling physics changed drastically so it wasn't just 4-5 characters who could do 60+ damage juggles. Now they all can.

Namco was very lucky to have saved the Tekken series with 5. I loved TTT but 4 was the game that made me take my Soul Calibur more seriously. I hope Namco doesn't try to "improve" the series with Tekken 6 and throw in a bunch of new stuff. Little tweaks here and there are fine but really what I want is an advancement in the storyline, some new characters and maybe give the juggling physics a bit of a nerf so that damage isn't so crazy with certain characters. Maybe. xD

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-23-2006, 12:36 PM
There are about 15 characters who have appeared in all the Tekkens. They basically come with the same package in atleast the first three games (I have very little experience with 4, 5 and TT) by which I mean the same basic moves, throws, costumes etc. If not then there is atleast one character who bears much similarity to one of the original characters. What surprises me is apart from a slight rise in quality of gameplay how can the public demand so much more of this series which seems to just be remoulding their previous games into more updated versions

Mo-Nercy
07-24-2006, 02:06 PM
There are about 15 characters who have appeared in all the Tekkens. They basically come with the same package in atleast the first three games (I have very little experience with 4, 5 and TT) by which I mean the same basic moves, throws, costumes etc. If not then there is atleast one character who bears much similarity to one of the original characters. What surprises me is apart from a slight rise in quality of gameplay how can the public demand so much more of this series which seems to just be remoulding their previous games into more updated versions
Since TTT, the game has really come evolved into a game for both beginners and professionals.

1, 2, 3 all have limited movesets (about a third of what Tekken 5 has)and limited to no side stepping ability as well as no room for wall/tag based strategy. The ability to juggle has also dramatically increased. In 3, it was rare to do much more than 40 damage per juggle. In Tag, 40 was the norm but without a tag, there wasn't much change of doing more. But 4 and 5 both see 60-70 damage juggles. These are the aspects of Tekken that keeps the professionals coming to their tournaments.

For beginners, there's a great storyline. 30+ characters. With 3-4 added with every new game. Some characters DO get dramatic makeovers. Jack-5, Marduk, Asuka and Paul have all been big changers.

But really, how much change do you really expect from a series that has perfected the formula so well? Tekken defines itself against the pretenders by being the original true 3D fighter (not just 3D sprites fighting on a 2D background) and it makes sense that they should keep to their concept of trying to imitate REAL martial arts styles. You can't really make any changes to the styles they've set aside for each character now can you? They did it with Jin who un-learned his Mishima Style Karate in favour of Traditional Karate...but that was quite lame really.

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Tekken 5 is perfection. I'll be alright if I can't get 6.

One thing, ONE thing I did not like about it is Marduck's chest...a little too detailed really.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2006, 06:27 PM
any screenshots yet or is it just info? hope itll be good.

Rocket Edge
07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
I love Tekken, the sooner it comes the better.

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
I tried customizing marduk...all i can do is REMOVE the shirt >_<