PDA

View Full Version : NEW 2 FF11!!!Need Help!!!!(already Read The FAQ!!!)

TidusMaster
07-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I Need some help! I dont have FF11 yet, but i have a few questions...
Wat do the BLMs look like/ are they like the ones from tactics advanced, or are they like Vivi?
Do Dark knights look cool?
Wat kind of job should i be?

Flying Mullet
07-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Check the "FFXI Resources" thread: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84261

Del Murder
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
1. Your looks depend on your equipment and race. BLMs wear robes and stuff, and I don't think there is any gear to make you look like Vivi.

2. I think DRGs look cooler than DRKs. DRKs use the scythe, though, which has it's own aesthetic appeal.

3. Depends on what you want to be doing when you party. It's pretty straightforward, white mages heal, black mages and summoners cast attack spells, warriors and paladins take damage, and the specialty fighting classes deal damage. Check out the links Mullet posted to get more info on the classes.

TidusMaster
07-21-2006, 11:34 PM
ok, but you know how vivi has the black face with yellow eyes. Can you have that? And for Dark Knights, can you look like cecil?And I heard something about "if your a cheery person in real life then you should be a taru or a mithra. Is this true?

Yeargdribble
07-22-2006, 12:51 AM
I just had a funny thought.

Cheery Mithra/Taru

playing...

Emo DRK

Anyway... stereotypes aside you will never be able to look like Vivi. The closest would probably be a Taru wearing artifact armor.

http://www.freewebs.com/evilelder/Taru%20BLM.jpg (Pretty bad pic but I didn't spend too much time hunting)

I'd suggest being the race and job you think you will enjoy.

Ouch!
07-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Cheery Mithra/Taru

playing...

Emo DRK
I did that. It's nowhere near as cool as it sounds, really.

TidusMaster
07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
ok, i think im goona be a hume Black mage or a hume warrior. Hey, do warriors always have that taky red armor?

Ouch!
07-22-2006, 02:58 AM
It's AF. You don't get your first piece until level 52.

TidusMaster
07-22-2006, 03:02 AM
AF?

Yeargdribble
07-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Artifact. It's a set of gear that every job gets specifically for that job and generally looks like the classic FF version of that job.

Miriel
07-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Honestly though, I don't think BLM AF is all that great. =x

TidusMaster
07-22-2006, 03:35 AM
why? I think i might be a dragoon. Wat are they like?

strawberryman
07-24-2006, 06:49 AM
why? I think i might be a dragoon. Wat are they like?

Usually either totally self-worshipping, or emo.

...Wait, you meant the job.

Yeargdribble
07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
DRGs have a horrible reputation in the game because it seems like they, much like DRKs, are popular to very young and immature players who play the job horribly.

If you are a DRG don't expect fast PT invites.

On a side note, you may want to avoid the absolute multilation of the English language while playing this game. The only time people say things such as "u r 2 cool for werdz!!!!1!!1one!!" is generally when they are making fun of group of people. People will be more likely to help you if you come across as intelligent and willing to learn instead of asking "cen i have sum gilz plz?!?!?!!"

P.S. The above statement while completely true may be a little harsh and can be attributed to my particularly fowl mood at the moment.

Miriel
07-24-2006, 08:22 AM
What yeargdribble says is true, you will be much more respected in the FFXI community (heck, in almost ALL communities) if you take the time to spell things out properly.

Not saying that you shouldn't use abbreviations or acronyms sometimes, cause everyone does that for convienence, but when communicating with other players it's appreciated when you take the time to spell out words like "you" and "everyone".

If I get a /tell from someone saying, "do u want pt wit ur WHM?" I would automatically assume that was a death party waiting to entrap me, no matter how talented or skilled the player may or may not be.

It doesn't take much time to say, "Excuse me, would you like to join our party in Qufim?" And people will appreciate it and will generally respond more favorably than if you had said something in netspeak. I sure do.

Markus. D
07-24-2006, 08:30 PM
ooooh, I donno if you have already read.

but make sure to change the graphic options before you enter the game.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-28-2006, 02:08 AM
in FFXI, you're character doesnt always look the same. I thought that your char wore "AF" 24/7 if you were that corresponding job before I bought the game, but it doesnt work that way. What you equip will physically show up on your character.

Fuego
07-30-2006, 03:27 AM
On a side note, you may want to avoid the absolute multilation of the English language while playing this game. The only time people say things such as "u r 2 cool for werdz!!!!1!!1one!!" is generally when they are making fun of group of people. People will be more likely to help you if you come across as intelligent and willing to learn instead of asking "cen i have sum gilz plz?!?!?!!"

LMFAO !!!!!! thats just too funny ... well i guess its sad 'cause you have to say it but ... holy cow, i get a kick outta' ebonics (sp ?) on FF but i think everyone does it to an extent and Miriel i was also addressing your point (This is how i do (>.<)-the post-)('bout spellin' words out like civilized peeps) ... but praise the guy for auto-translate function (don't wanna' upset the religious peeps) i can say thank you for the offer but i'll have to pass in like .5 secs. LOL
**/em swears by auto-translate**

No.78
07-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I dunno whether anyone's said this but you can't start the game as a DRK or a DRG.