PDA

View Full Version : For all Aeris haters

Dragon Mage
07-21-2006, 11:31 PM
I just really hated Aeris. She was such a tart. She was vague, annoying, weak, and just a pain in the but overall. The only thing good about her was that her limit breaks were basically free cures and free limit breaks . that was it. As a matter of fact, I laughed when she died!:D
Does anyone else share my opinion?

Yuffie514
07-21-2006, 11:36 PM
...no more free cures and free limit breaks for you :tongue: . she may be physically vague, annoying, and weak, except for spoiler

Zeromus_X
07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
I never really hated her, so I never got what the big deal is. She was a nice character.

Of course, now I never ever use her in my main party for obvious reasons, but still.

f f freak
07-21-2006, 11:43 PM
I only liked her for seal evil that was a good limit break

G SpOtZ
07-21-2006, 11:44 PM
The first playthrough, I kind of liked her as a character, but only sometimes. It felt like she was trying to steal Cloud from Aeris and I didn't like that. She was okay though. Then she died, and I was kind of sad, because I didn't see that coming at all.

Every other playthrough, I started to dislike her more and more... But I might just waste my time next playthrough so I can get her final limit break. It'd be useful against Demon Gate anyway.

Xurts
07-21-2006, 11:50 PM
I absolutely hated her when I had to bring her with to the Temple of the Ancients. She was terrible in battle. In a way I was relieved when she died because then I wouldn't be forced to take her with me anymore. I found it really annoying when she flirted with Cloud too.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-22-2006, 12:53 AM
I am also a certified Aeris hater...she sucks in batle and out of it.
I always saw her as a block standing between Tifa and Cloud, it pissed me off when Caith Sith make that stupid fortune tell that she and Cloud were a perfect match. She is just as annoying as Rinoa from FFVIII.
And while some people say they almost cryed when she got killed by Sephiroth well i almost laughed!

Don´t even no what´s the point of making her appear in FFVII:AC.

atlanteay
07-22-2006, 02:19 AM
i don't like her that much but i like rinoa which is odd since they have similar personalities. Aeris was rude to barret at the golden saucer, and always flirting with cloud and then gets surprised that tifa heard them and stuff. I also hated Cait sith for saying that she and cloud were perfect since i had tifa in my party at that time and tifa was mad:mad2:

i didn't laugh when she died. It is kind of sad that she died.

Griff
07-22-2006, 02:39 AM
Nothing good came of Aeris. Even her death caused trouble when a happy hater celebrated infront of a webcam to a popular Ozone song. Henceforth Aeris brought Numa Numa to the world. Curse you aeris.

Shiny
07-22-2006, 02:45 AM
I don't like Aeris either, but I definately did not laugh during her death, or after for that matter. But, it wasn't because I felt for her. I didn't find her useful in battle either except for a few times the characters needed to be healed.

Mr. Lawl
07-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Holy cheese I thought I was the only one. Except I jumped up and danced when she got killed. MAN was she useless. AND she was trying to start crap with Tifa and Cloud. I even make the sound effects everytime I watch that scene.

----I didn't really do that. I didn't like the character, but I was uneasy with such a graphic scene. I think that was just a bit ridiculous on Square's part. I know there was no blood, but was it entirely neccessary to show... that... Really.----

Christmas
07-22-2006, 03:58 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1530/aerisxsephysf0.png

SHE STOLE OUR SEPHIROTH FROM US!! HOW DARE SHE!!!

G SpOtZ
07-22-2006, 04:03 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1530/aerisxsephysf0.png

SHE STOLE OUR SEPHIROTH FROM US!! HOW DARE SHE!!!
Thanksgiving wins.

BardTard
07-22-2006, 04:18 AM
I like Aeris. She wasn't all that bad, I think.

DarknessFromAbove
07-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Aeris was one of my favorite characters when I first played the game :rolleyes2

I have no idea why, please don't hurt me :love:

Mr. Lawl
07-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Wel, it's not that I didn't like Aerith as a character, it's that she, IMO, was utterly useless in battle. Really. She was actually a decent character and I would have liked to see her go to at least Disc 2(lol). I always use Cloud, Vincent, & Nanaki whenever possible, and when she is forced into the party I always get so mad because I never train her... Ever. So no, I don't hate her, per-say, I just dislike her fighting style.

Mr. Lawl

Nominus Experse
07-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Aerith needs to be ground up into small, minuscule pieces of utterly useless specks of dust, because than, she would actually be what I think of her - useless, small, and annoying to deal with.

I was one of the sick people that, while I was taken aback, I didn't feel any remorse at all. The only thing I felt was hatred - hatred for leveling her up, and anuneasy feeling that all the materia I had on her would be forever lost.

All of the people that cry or are on the verge of tears amuse me, especially one of my friends, who cried when she died, even when he knew she was going to, and even went so far as to replay the game just so he could level Aerith up to gross proportions... For what, my friend? So that you can cry all over again? My my my...

Xurts
07-22-2006, 07:22 AM
I always saw her as a block standing between Tifa and Cloud, it pissed me off when Caith Sith make that stupid fortune tell that she and Cloud were a perfect match. She is just as annoying as Rinoa from FFVIII.
And while some people say they almost cryed when she got killed by Sephiroth well i almost laughed!

I think that is being pretty harsh. I didn't find Rinoa to be annoying at all. She is much more useful in battle compared to Aeris, she has a carefree and outgoing personality, and she isn't trying to steal anyone from Squall. I found her to be quite funny and entertaining at times.

Hambone
07-22-2006, 07:50 AM
She was good for a mage. That's all I have to say.

Dr. Acula
07-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I never really hated her, so I never got what the big deal is. She was a nice character.

I agree. I never HATED her, but I never actually liked her. The most annoying part is when she flirted with Cloud (and she's the easiest to go on a date with) and when Cait Sith said they were perfect for each other.
You see, there's this ongoing war between Aeris lovers and Tifa lovers. I'm kinda neutral in this war, but I'm part of Team Tifa more than I am Team Aeris. I'll probably cry next time i see Aeris's death scene tho (i haven't seen that in AGES):cry:

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-22-2006, 08:54 AM

I think that is being pretty harsh. I didn't find Rinoa to be annoying at all. She is much more useful in battle compared to Aeris, she has a carefree and outgoing personality, and she isn't trying to steal anyone from Squall. I found her to be quite funny and entertaining at times.

What you call carefree and outgoing i call dumb, annoying,"sweet 16" girl i hate her much more than Aeris...but getting back on the Aeris topic i was shocked when she did like 10/20 damage only...and i believed at the time that her magic would be superior to the other players but it ins´t, so she is the most pathetic and weak character of the bunch.

Wuggly Blight
07-22-2006, 11:49 AM
People who say shes weak simply dont know how to use her, I always had her in my party.
I dont get peoples mentality, OMG, SHE FANCIES SOMEONE! SHES SUCH A WHORE!
By that standard the girls on here must be complete prostitues. By the end of disk 1 she realised she was just seeing Zach in Cloud, Had she lived I doubt she would of persued a relationship so I dont go much on the Tifa vs Aeris thing. Besides i dont think Clouds into the dead.

She didnt even have that much dialogue really accept "Are you alright?" and "This man are sick" If kindness and compassion is annoying I think some people may have anti-social problems here.

Slade
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
I prefer Aeris over Tifa anyday :tongue:

Thorn
07-22-2006, 01:40 PM
As far as using her in battles goes, she was a cup of sh*t. (Temple of the ancients...*shudders*)

But as a character, I liked her. She was kind, cute and unselfish.

f f freak
07-22-2006, 01:49 PM
She was kind, cute and unselfish.
Apart from when it came to Cloud. Then she was very selfish.

Dell
07-22-2006, 04:55 PM

Dreddz
07-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Definately had more character than Tifa :)

Twilight Edge
07-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I loved her to the core of my heart.DON'T KILL ME!!*runs*

Lightning
07-22-2006, 08:47 PM
AERIS IS STUPID! AERIS IS STUPID! AERIS IS STUPID!

Aeris is an idiot! She was a block between Cloud and Tifa. I mean, if she knew she was gonna die, y go after Cloud when ur gonna die? She's just so dumb! And Cait Sith can smurf himself! HOW DARE HE say Cloud and Aerith r a perfect match!

TIFA KIX ASS! TIFA KIX ASS! TIFA KIX ASS!

End of story!

(I actually made Aeris melee Ruby Weapon once and that crazy bich won cuz I used Hero Drinks!!!)

Kefka_Almighty
07-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Even though Tifa is my favorite character, I have to admit that I like Aeris quite a bit. True, she didn't really add much (maybe not even anything), to combat, but her main characteristics were this sense of kindness and optimism, and I couldn't help but like that. True, she was selfish about Cloud and flirted with Cloud, but even then I think she could have eventually harbored true feelings for Cloud. While we're talking about it (by which I mean Cloud, now referred to as it), I used to appreciate the Tifa/Cloud pairing, but as time went on I could never really imagine them being a viable couple (I've never seen AC, so maybe something drastic does happen that could change my mind again), and I began to really prefer Cloud/Aeris. This is besides the fact that I'd rather not see ANYONE with Cloud, as I see that as a fate worse than death, but that's an entirely different topic.

I can understand the animosity some harbor towards Aeris, as in some ways she almost seemed to have been more of a character who's only purpose was to propel a major plot point, like some characters had been in earlier FFs, but merely with an overly-extended presence. Still, I tended to like Aeris for the most part, despite the Aeris lovers vs. Tifa lovers thing, something that amazes me that it still goes on today. Again, I can understand how it can start up (again, mainly around Cloud and who should be with him), upon which there was tension between the two girls, though other than that, Tifa and Aeris seemed to have gotten along incredibly well with each other.

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I laughed because she just sank to the bottom. I though dead bodies floated?

I hated her, but only because she died. I mean, it's pointless to use her.

Alive-Cat
07-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Personally I don't understand how someone can muster the energy to hate a video game character. Or ANYONE, for that matter. :confused:

bipper
07-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Wow, I liked her. She was completely out of place in the game, but that was the point. She was one of the most significant characters, and her death was a sad event. She was the best support you have, less you get Yuffie. I just do not see the driving force behind this Aries hate bandwagon.

I was pissed when she died. She was the essence and the end of innocense when she had died.

Bipper

Crossblades
07-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Never hated Aeris, but never liked her either

Ryushikaze
07-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I never hated her, mostly just the C/A shippers.

And I get irked when people try and claim she was innocent. If you actually look at her track record, she's anything but innocent.

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
If she hadn't died, maybe I would have liked her, but she's useless. I need to use everyone to develope their limits and if aeris is just going to leave halfway through, then I don't need her.

Freya Coral
07-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Aeris haters, please don't kill me! *cowers in a dark corner*

Admittedly, she is kind of a Mary Sue, but a good character nonetheless. She may have flirted with Cloud every chance she got, but she was kind, compassionate, and selfless to the point of being saintly. In short, she was beautiful both inside and out. Her death was terrible, and I've cried every time I've watched that scene. She actually isn't all that bad in physical combat if you give her a Power Wrist and the Deathblow materia, and her Limit Breaks are among the best defense spells aside from Wall.

Dragon Mage
07-25-2006, 06:00 PM
It's not just that Aeris was vague and annoying while she was alive, she continued to screw things up for Cloud and Tifa after she was dead! When Aeris died and Cloud was all guilty I thought 'Great. Pack your bags everybody, we're going on a guilt trip!' A guilt trip that seemingly never ends in AC because Aeris refuses to simply DIE and stay DEAD. She won't allow anyone to get over her death it seems. Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it. This is a huge reason why I hate Aeris; she won't let people get on with their lives. Extremely annoying.
P.S. In concern of the Aeris&Tifa war: I'm for Tifa

Xurts
07-25-2006, 06:51 PM
It's not just that Aeris was vague and annoying while she was alive, she continued to screw things up for Cloud and Tifa after she was dead! When Aeris died and Cloud was all guilty I thought 'Great. Pack your bags everybody, we're going on a guilt trip!' A guilt trip that seemingly never ends in AC because Aeris refuses to simply DIE and stay DEAD. She won't allow anyone to get over her death it seems. Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it. This is a huge reason why I hate Aeris; she won't let people get on with their lives. Extremely annoying.
P.S. In concern of the Aeris&Tifa war: I'm for Tifa
Cloud is actually the one in AC who is still concerned about Aeris, he thinks it's his fault that she died. He eventually discovers that Aeris doesn't blame him for her death, and he forgives himself and finds new motivation to fight Kadaj/Sephiroth.

f f freak
07-25-2006, 07:11 PM
and selfless to the point of being saintly

She was in no way saintly or selfless. She was a very annoying character. I laughed when she died. I thought Sephiroth should have taken over the world. It sucked at the end when Tifa stuck her hand out and Cloud was all like wow it's Aeris she must be pulling me up to heaven. Then it turns out it was Tifa and Cloud's like dammit I thought I was gonna be an angel.

Ryushikaze
07-25-2006, 09:06 PM
^Actually, it WAS Aerith. Allow me to explain.

Tifa was reaching out to Cloud to try and get him to snap out of his daze- which was when he left his body to battle the will of Sephiroth in the lifestream.- Aerith, realizing that Cloud's mind iskind of poleaxed and hanging around deep in the lifestream, tries to lead Cloud towards his own body. Cloud sees her hand, goes 'hey, hand', and follows it back to his own body and Tifa, where Aerith has led him.

Cloud is actually the one in AC who is still concerned about Aeris, he thinks it's his fault that she died. He eventually discovers that Aeris doesn't blame him for her death, and he forgives himself and finds new motivation to fight Kadaj/Sephiroth.

He's not really concerned about her. He considers the Geostigma a punishment from her and the others he thinks he's failed and is seeking forgiveness, so that he can feel better about himself and get rid of the Stigma.

Dignified Pauper
07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
I only liked to revive Aeris.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 12:44 AM
she was alright but i think she was a prude o mean she never even done it with cloud tifa did. when cloud went to aeris' house the slept in difrent rooms.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Ill never understand how you can say that she wasnt saintly: She sacrificed her life to save the planet, and she didnt want Cloud and the others to get into trouble. Yes she did fancy Cloud but the way you make it sound is that she forced him to like her, I mean why should someone consider her a tart, if that were so then she would have tryed to take advantage of Cloud when she had him at her house and whats with the "OMG she's so weak in battle!!!" she was a healer and protector of people, she has one of the best limits in the game (filling up the other 2 characters limit bars at the price of hers) those of you who hate her I pity you, your are missing out on all her great qualitys and the age old saying goes "All's fair in love and war". Also those of you saying that cloud thinks that Geostigma is because of Aeris I have this to say to you: hahahahahahaha as if! how can she be responsible Geostigma is because the body its fighting the Jenova inside his/her body, I mean how on earth can you think that? its the most rediculas theroy iv ever heard.

Also, when did Tifa "do it" with Cloud?

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Ill never understand how you can say that she wasnt saintly: She sacrificed her life to save the planet, and she didnt want Cloud and the others to get into trouble. Yes she did fancy Cloud but the way you make it sound is that she forced him to like her, I mean why should someone consider her a tart, if that were so then she would have tryed to take advantage of Cloud when she had him at her house and whats with the "OMG she's so weak in battle!!!" she was a healer and protector of people, she has one of the best limits in the game (filling up the other 2 characters limit bars at the price of hers) those of you who hate her I pity you, your are missing out on all her great qualitys and the age old saying goes "All's fair in love and war". Also those of you saying that cloud thinks that Geostigma is because of Aeris I have this to say to you: hahahahahahaha as if! how can she be responsible Geostigma is because the body its fighting the Jenova inside his/her body, I mean how on earth can you think that? its the most rediculas theroy iv ever heard.

i know some people need to pay more atintion to the movie and aris is saintly.

tifa did it with him when they spent the night under the airship when they let every body go and figure out if they wanted to fight sephiroth or not, it dosent down rite say they did but it implied it if it was a movie thats when they would have done it

Ryushikaze
07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Ill never understand how you can say that she wasnt saintly: She sacrificed her life to save the planet, and she didnt want Cloud and the others to get into trouble.

Aerith sacrificed nothing. She was not expecting to die, and she was stupid for going off alone when she knew she had the 'way to stop Meteor', and knew Sephy, who was far more motile than she- knew it too.

Yes she did fancy Cloud but the way you make it sound is that she forced him to like her, I mean why should someone consider her a tart, if that were so then she would have tryed to take advantage of Cloud when she had him at her house

How about convincing him to dress like a girl for what amounted to no good reason?

and whats with the "OMG she's so weak in battle!!!" she was a healer and protector of people, she has one of the best limits in the game (filling up the other 2 characters limit bars at the price of hers)

By the time you can use Fury Brand, enemies at that point in the game cannot inflict enough damage to signifigantly raise the limit bar, making getting a L3 limit tedious and time consuming.

those of you who hate her I pity you, your are missing out on all her great qualitys and the age old saying goes "All's fair in love and war".

How the hell is this quote even relevant? Besides, most people who hate her based primarily on her personality, rather than her battle mechanics.

Also those of you saying that cloud thinks that Geostigma is because of Aeris I have this to say to you: hahahahahahaha as if! how can she be responsible Geostigma is because the body its fighting the Jenova inside his/her body, I mean how on earth can you think that? its the most rediculas theroy iv ever heard.

No one said Aerith was responsible. Cloud sees Geostigma as a punishment for his failures, and his withdrawl is both quarentine and penance seeking. The creators have stated such.

Possibly under the Highwind. Almost definitely in the nearly two year period they share a room at the Seventh Heaven.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Aerith sacrificed nothing. She was not expecting to die, and she was stupid for going off alone when she knew she had the 'way to stop Meteor', and knew Sephy, who was far more motile than she- knew it too.

If that is true the why did she go off alone? surely she would have wanted the guy she oh so loved to go with her if she wasnt going to die

How about convincing him to dress like a girl for what amounted to no good reason?

No good reason? he dressed like a girl so he could neak into Tifa and find out what was going on, and how may i ask is this relevent to her takeing advantage of him? i fail to see the relevence.

By the time you can use Fury Brand, enemies at that point in the game cannot inflict enough damage to signifigantly raise the limit bar, making getting a L3 limit tedious and time consuming.

By the time i have Fury Brand? i always have it by the time i leave the Mythril mines (place you meet the turks and Elana for the first time)

How the hell is this quote even relevant? Besides, most people who hate her based primarily on her personality, rather than her battle mechanics.

Thats exactly why its relevant: because they dont like the way she flirts with Cloud so yes, this is a relevantreason

No one said Aerith was responsible. Cloud sees Geostigma as a punishment for his failures, and his withdrawl is both quarentine and penance seeking. The creators have stated such.

He's not really concerned about her. He considers the Geostigma a punishment from her and the others he thinks he's failed and is seeking forgiveness, so that he can feel better about himself and get rid of the Stigma.

Erm call me stupid but you yourself said the exact opposit

Possibly under the Highwind. Almost definitely in the nearly two year period they share a room at the Seventh Heaven.

when they shared a room together for 2 years at 7th Heaven? you must mean in the movie, but anyway if that is so i dont see how it is relevant to the way Aeris behaved, both events happened after she died.

Aralith
07-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey, Reno, did you miss the part where Ryushikaze said that Cloud considered it a punishment? This is not saying that Aerith caused the Geostigma, but merely that Cloud thought of it as punishment for Aerith's death. Even Cloud didn't think Aerith caused it. Ryushikaze never said that Aerith was responsible, so I don't know where you're getting this from.

And also, the reason Aerith went off alone is partly stupidity, but partly because she felt like she was the only one who could figure out who she really was. Remember that Aerith always felt different from the others because of her Cetra heritage, so she kind of felt like she had no one to turn to. That's why she went to the City of the Ancients on her own.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey, Reno, did you miss the part where Ryushikaze said that Cloud considered it a punishment? This is not saying that Aerith caused the Geostigma, but merely that Cloud thought of it as punishment for Aerith's death. Even Cloud didn't think Aerith caused it. Ryushikaze never said that Aerith was responsible, so I don't know where you're getting this from.

Also those of you saying that cloud thinks that Geostigma is because of Aeris

I fail to see the point of this, I was laughing at the fact that he thought that Cloud thought the geostigma was his punishment from Aeris

Ryushikaze
07-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Let's see, who do I think knows the motives of the characters of FF7? Some random fanboy on the intarweb, or the creators, who have stated Cloud's feelings several times in interviews? Hint: Not the fanboy.

If that is true the why did she go off alone? surely she would have wanted the guy she oh so loved to go with her if she wasnt going to die

It has been explicitly stated by the creators, several times, that Aerith's death was murder, not sacrifice. As if that's not enough, Maiden of the Planet, in the UOG, also confirms that her death was unexpected.

No good reason? he dressed like a girl so he could neak into Tifa and find out what was going on, and how may i ask is this relevent to her takeing advantage of him? i fail to see the relevence.

Yes, and it turned out to be completely unnecessary for him to dress up in the end, since you basically wind up bashing your way through the place anyways if you barely dress up, and no one really notices. I mean, Corneo has miserable security.
And Aerith enjoyed dressing him up far too much, and lying to people about Cloud's 'habits'.
She also swindled someone out of 5000 gil for a flower outside the Honey Bee Inn.
Not directly relevant, but it shows she's willing to take advantage of an ignorant yutz for her own benefit. Perhaps she tried to take advantage of Cloud, but was rebuffed in her efforts.

By the time i have Fury Brand? i always have it by the time i leave the Mythril mines (place you meet the turks and Elana for the first time)

Yes. And by which time you are very likely highly overlevelled and taking insufficient damage from most enemies to boost your limit meter effectively.

Thats exactly why its relevant: because they dont like the way she flirts with Cloud so yes, this is a relevantreason

Well, you came out of left field with it. And actually, most people I've met don't care so much about her flirting with Cloud as her flirting with everyone else, her insensitivity towards Barret and Tseng.
Lastly, no. Not everything is fair in love and war. Wonder why we don't have a Geneva accord for relationships?

Erm call me stupid but you yourself said the exact opposit

No. There is no contradiction in those two statements.

when they shared a room together for 2 years at 7th Heaven? you must mean in the movie, but anyway if that is so i dont see how it is relevant to the way Aeris behaved, both events happened after she died.

No, I mean after the game, in Case of Tifa, when Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Barret start up the 7th heaven again as people build edge, in which there is a scene where if Cloud and Tifa are depicted as sharing a room. Now, I've been told by C/A's before that 'this isn't sufficient evidence' to conclude that they are sleeping together- though if this isn't sufficient evidence, C/A should crawl under a rock and die because it has less substantial evidence overall than I do for this one point- but even if they aren't, sleeping in each other's rooms is at least such a commonplace occurance that Cloud doesn't even react when Tifa accidentally wakes him from his sleep, and he is back to sleep in no time flat.
After the movie as well, after his issues are done with and he moves back into the 7H.
And I never said it was relevant, but then again, you brought it up first.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Let's see, who do I think knows the motives of the characters of FF7? Some random fanboy on the intarweb, or the creators, who have stated Cloud's feelings several times in interviews? Hint: Not the fanboy.

Could you please provide evidence of this, or are you trying to tell me you yourself worked on the film...

It has been explicitly stated by the creators, several times, that Aerith's death was murder, not sacrifice. As if that's not enough, Maiden of the Planet, in the UOG, also confirms that her death was unexpected.

erm... where? when? evidence? she knew it was risky when she went off alone and wherether or not she thought she wasnt going to die the fact remains that had she not acted in the way she had then she would not have been killed thus she was sacrificed.

Yes, and it turned out to be completely unnecessary for him to dress up in the end, since you basically wind up bashing your way through the place anyways if you barely dress up, and no one really notices. I mean, Corneo has miserable security.

how may i ask was Cloud suposed to know that he had crap security. the reason the he sneaked in there is that had he stormed in there just like that the Don could have been holding Tifa hostage its not like Cloud knew that did he.

And Aerith enjoyed dressing him up far too much, and lying to people about Cloud's 'habits'.

what was she suposed to say "oh i need a dress for my friend here so we can sneak into the Dons place and beat the crap out of his men" call me stupid but i just dont think that would work.

She also swindled someone out of 5000 gil for a flower outside the Honey Bee Inn.

she also gave a flower and 1 gil to Jonny, she "swindled" the other guy cause he only spoke to her to try and get her number she probly found him to be lecherous thus the hefty price tag.

Perhaps she tried to take advantage of Cloud, but was rebuffed in her efforts.

how did she take advantage of cloud may I ask? and before you say that you said perhaps, id like to know what makes you think she could have, name a situation when this "perhaps" could have happened

Yes. And by which time you are very likely highly overlevelled and taking insufficient damage from most enemies to boost your limit meter effectively.
You will note that Fury Brand is her 2/2 limit break and could be learned very easyly with a minimum of 80 kills to get her 2/1 skill and then when you do get that you can charge her limit break up and use it all in the same battle the amount of times it is neccisary

her insensitivity towards Barret and Tseng.

i assume you mean about her actions in the golden saucer here let me refreash your memory with the game script:

Aerith: Wow! Let's have fun! I know this isn't the right time to do this. Hey, Barret, cheer up!

Barret: ……I ain't in no cheery mood. So jes' leave me alone.

Aerith: Really? That's too bad. Let's go!

Tifa: …whisper…whisper… (Wasn't that a little harsh, Aeris!?)

Aerith: …whisper…whisper… (Just act normal when this happens.)

Tifa: …whisper… (You think so…?)

Aerith: Of course! (to Barret) We're gonna play…

Barret: So PLAY! …messin' round %&*$#&! Don't forget we're after Sephiroth!

Barret ran away.

Aerith: …I think he's mad.

Tifa: He'll be fine. He seems to be doing a little better now.

and why may I ask should she be considerate to Tseng? he tried to kidnap her on many many occasions.

No. There is no contradiction in those two statements.

Ok. you keep telling yourself that :greenie:

No, I mean after the game, in Case of Tifa, when Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Barret start up the 7th heaven again as people build edge, in which there is a scene where if Cloud and Tifa are depicted as sharing a room. Now, I've been told by C/A's before that 'this isn't sufficient evidence' to conclude that they are sleeping together- though if this isn't sufficient evidence, C/A should crawl under a rock and die because it has less substantial evidence overall than I do for this one point- but even if they aren't, sleeping in each other's rooms is at least such a commonplace occurance that Cloud doesn't even react when Tifa accidentally wakes him from his sleep, and he is back to sleep in no time flat.
After the movie as well, after his issues are done with and he moves back into the 7H.
And I never said it was relevant, but then again, you brought it up first.

Erm no... i didnt bring this up:

she was alright but i think she was a prude o mean she never even done it with cloud tifa did. when cloud went to aeris' house the slept in difrent rooms.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Whel aris dose have good limits and she seemed nice but as stated above ahe could have been trying to use cloud wich would make her a manipulative bitch

chrisfffan
07-26-2006, 05:27 PM
for starters Tifa would thrash Aeris in a fight she was only good for healing but i think her characters more intresting Tifa is just a girl with big tits and a big punch haha! but i liked them both.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 05:33 PM
for starters Tifa would thrash Aeris in a fight she was only good for healing but i think her characters more intresting Tifa is just a girl with big tits and a big punch haha! but i liked them both.

True dat homie

f f freak
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
You will note that Fury Brand is her 2/2 limit break and could be learned very easyly with a minimum of 80 kills to get her 2/1 skill and then when you do get that you can charge her limit break up and use it all in the same battle the amount of times it is neccisary
YES now I finally get to kill 80 enemies using someone who is going to die at the end of disc one so it is really quite pointless doing so.

Also seriously people keep saying that Cloud and Tifa slept together there is no proof of this what so ever unless there is a secret scene in the game which shows this. Sure it's quite possible they did but still no proof.

erm... where? when? evidence? she knew it was risky when she went off alone and wherether or not she thought she wasnt going to die the fact remains that had she not acted in the way she had then she would not have been killed thus she was sacrificed.

He has already given you evidence. And she might have been killed anyway so it might not have been sacrifice. She never thought she was or was not going to die otherwise she would have gone "I'm sure I will survive" then she would have thought she would survive.

Tifa: He'll be fine. He seems to be doing a little better now

Emphasis on the word SEEMS it doesn't directly say he is.

Ryushikaze
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Could you please provide evidence of this, or are you trying to tell me you yourself worked on the film...

For the 'Cloud left as quarentine/ protection of others'

At the end of FFVII, Cloud saved the world and was on the way to a happy ending but, in the two years towards AC, he returned to the way he was in the past. What happened to him?
Nojima: Cloud never had a boring personality in the first place so when he started living with Tifa and started out his *job, the peaceful life that he had never experienced before made him anxious. During that time, he also contracted **Geostigma so it's to protect the ones precious to him or not, he had to face death and ran away.

As for 'Geostigma is perceived as punishment', All I can locate at the moment are lines about The wolf representing Cloud's guilt and his searching for forgiveness from those he has failed. I haven't looked that widely though, yet, and I think the relevant quote is in Reunion files, which I don't have at the moment.

Aerith Did Not Sacrifice Herself-

One of the larger misperceptions of Final Fantasy VII is that Aerith
intentionally sacrifced herself for the Planet, knowing that her death would
be needed in order to save the world. This was simply not the case.

In the May 2003 issue of EDGE magazine (issue 123), there is a six-page
"Making of..." feature on Final Fantasy VII in which Yoshinori Kitase
Director and Co-Scenario Writer of Final Fantasy VII) and Tetsuya Nomura
(Character Designer of Final Fantasy VII) were interviewed and asked about
various points concerning Aerith's death. During the course of this interview,
Nomura says the following:

"Back at the time we were designing the game, I was frustrated with the
perennial cliche where the protagonist loves someone very much and so has to
sacrifice himself and die in a dramatic fashion to express that love. We found
this was the case in both games and movies, both eastern and western. But I
wanted to say something different, something realistic. I mean, is it right to
set such an example to people?"

Kitase follows that up with this:
"In the real world, things are very different. You just need to look around
you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death
comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad attached to it. It leaves
not a dramatic feeling, but a feeling of emptiness. When you lose someone you
loved very much you feel this big empty space and think 'If I had known this
was coming I would have done things differently.' These are the feelings I
wanted to arouse in the players with Aerith's death relatively early in the
game. Feelings of reality and not Hollywood."

With Kitase's words about death being unexpected in mind, consider Cloud's
dream in which he speaks to Aerith in the Sleeping Forest. Aerith intended to
handle Sephiroth on her own, and then come back:

Aerith
"And let me handle Sephiroth."

Aerith
"And Cloud, you take care of yourself."

Aerith
"So you don't have a breakdown, okay?"

Cloud
"What is this place?"

Aerith
"This forest leads to the City of the Ancients... and is called
Sleeping Forest."

Aerith
"It's only a matter of time before Sephiroth uses Meteor."
"That's why I'm going to protect it. Only a survivor of the Cetra,
like me, can do it."

Aerith
"The secret is just up here."

Aerith
"At least it should be. ...I feel it. It feels like I'm being led by
something."

Aerith
"Then, I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over."

Also consider Tifa's insight into her friend's intentions:

Tifa
"I wonder what Aerith felt... when she was on that altar...?"

Cloud
"I'm sure she wanted to give her life for the planet..."

Tifa
"Really? I wonder? I don't think that's it at all."
"I think she didn't think she would die at all, but that she planned
on coming back all along."
"She always used to talk about the 'Next time'."
"She talked about the future more that any of us..."

The in-game dialogue of Final Fantasy VII not only serves to contradict the
notion that Aerith sacrificed herself, but the words of two of the game's core
developers establishes that she did not sacrifice herself.

how may i ask was Cloud suposed to know that he had crap security.

He could have, Y'know, investigated.

the reason the he sneaked in there is that had he stormed in there just like that the Don could have been holding Tifa hostage its not like Cloud knew that did he.

No, but if not for Aerith insisting that crossdressing was the only way, he may have, Y'know, looked for a back way in, like they did with the by common sense more heavily guarded Shinra building.

what was she suposed to say "oh i need a dress for my friend here so we can sneak into the Dons place and beat the crap out of his men" call me stupid but i just dont think that would work.

she also gave a flower and 1 gil to Jonny, she "swindled" the other guy cause he only spoke to her to try and get her number she probly found him to be lecherous thus the hefty price tag.

Because lechery is an entirely valid reason for a 5000% price hike. ::rolls eyes::

how did she take advantage of cloud may I ask? and before you say that you said perhaps, id like to know what makes you think she could have, name a situation when this "perhaps" could have happened

When you explain why you even brought up 'taking advantage', I'll explain why I responded as I did. A hint though: I'm not seriously advocating taking advantage or a rebuff. I'm just trying to get your goat because you're treating this so seriously, and I'm enjoying devil's advocacy at the moment.

Unless you give all the kills to Aerith, the XP gain from those 80+ enemies will cause a decent amount of levelling. Then getting those other 8 L2 limits so early will be a rather big waste of time. Nevermind that Limits really aren't useful at all until rather later in the game to begin with. Yes, they can be helpful, but they're hardly gamebreakers until you get the multihitters later on.

i assume you mean about her actions in the golden saucer here let me refreash your memory with the game script:
-snip-

Aerith: …I think he's mad.

Tifa: He'll be fine. He seems to be doing a little better now.

It may have helped, but teasing the large man with a gun arm with anger issues and then only thinking he might be mad? Seriously.

and why may I ask should she be considerate to Tseng? he tried to kidnap her on many many occasions.

The man had just been half killed by Sephiroth, she considered him a friend, and the first thing she does is chastise him.

If you insist that there is a contradiction, explain what it is.

You still brought it up before I did.

Wow... How indredibly.... shallow of you.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 06:42 PM
these arguments are gettin crazy some of you are acting as if shes your sister damn.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-26-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think that Aeris is a bad character to use. She wanted to help out the party in anyway she can. Her Limit breaks helped the party out alot. She is kind and sweet and she wanted the world to be safe. The best thing about her is that she never gave up hope.

P.S.: Please don't hurt me.

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 08:19 PM
aeris isnt that bad y'know

f f freak
07-26-2006, 09:21 PM
aeris isnt that bad y'know

To some people she is. It is your opinion that she isn't that bad. To some it is their opinion that she was that bad.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2006, 10:36 PM
For the 'Cloud left as quarentine/ protection of others'

At the end of FFVII, Cloud saved the world and was on the way to a happy ending but, in the two years towards AC, he returned to the way he was in the past. What happened to him?
Nojima: Cloud never had a boring personality in the first place so when he started living with Tifa and started out his *job, the peaceful life that he had never experienced before made him anxious. During that time, he also contracted **Geostigma so it's to protect the ones precious to him or not, he had to face death and ran away.

As for 'Geostigma is perceived as punishment', All I can locate at the moment are lines about The wolf representing Cloud's guilt and his searching for forgiveness from those he has failed. I haven't looked that widely though, yet, and I think the relevant quote is in Reunion files, which I don't have at the moment.

I think youll find that his punishment (or what cloud perseevs as his punishment) is the fact that he has lost his edge to fight, which as quoted in the film he regained after forgiveing himself.

The Aeris sacrificeing herself is irelivent I mearly stated this as people dont agree that she is a saint when if someone saves the planet (or dies in the trying, id think that would be pretty saintly.

He could have, Y'know, investigated.

all the while Tifa is at risk,its much easyer just to dress up like a girl and be done with it. besides like I said before it was very nessisary because tifa needed 3 people who she could trust to be in the lineup Aerith 1 Cloud 2 and Tifa 3 its simple.

No, but if not for Aerith insisting that crossdressing was the only way, he may have, Y'know, looked for a back way in, like they did with the by common sense more heavily guarded Shinra building.

a back enterence? i think not, as you see the dons place was backed onto the pillar/wall/whatever it is so how may I ask was he suposed to get it, plus your forgetting one all important thing: the game designers desided to put Cloud into a dress nothing else, had there been another way around it im sure they would have done it that way but they did not.

Besides why does it make a difference if Cloud gets changed into a dress? does it in any way hinder the game? no. it does not. if anything it proves how important Tifa is to him as he is willing to do anything to protect her.

Because lechery is an entirely valid reason for a 5000% price hike. ::rolls eyes:: 5000% rise?

she sells the flowers at what she desides to, considering they only grow in one place in the whole of Midagar she can charge whatever she wants for them and they would still be a reasonable price. you will note that she charged one guy 200 gil for a flower, and you will also note that she was most likely trying to get rid of the lecherous guy and decided the best way was to charge him an extrodinary price, its his problem if he decides to pay it.

Unless you give all the kills to Aerith

It may have helped, but teasing the large man with a gun arm with anger issues and then only thinking he might be mad? Seriously.

It helped. end of subject.

why may I ask should she be considerate to Tseng? he tried to kidnap her on many many occasions.

The man had just been half killed by Sephiroth, she considered him a friend, and the first thing she does is chastise him.

yes she chastise's him, when a friend or a loved one does somthing stupid that could have gotten them killed, like say your son or whoever desides to avenge someone and could have very likely been killed in the process you would do that same. yes I know its not the same situation but the point is.

If you insist that there is a contradiction, explain what it is.

no, I dont think I will, hence why I said what I said: I can not be bothered. you contradicted yourself end of subject.

just because I comment on somthing while most of it is directed at you not all of it is, you decided to think it was for you to reply to then its your problem not mine.

When you explain why you even brought up 'taking advantage', I'll explain why I responded as I did. A hint though: I'm not seriously advocating taking advantage or a rebuff. I'm just trying to get your goat because you're treating this so seriously, and I'm enjoying devil's advocacy at the moment.

Wow... How indredibly.... shallow of you.

Ryushikaze
07-26-2006, 11:45 PM
I think youll find that his punishment (or what cloud perseevs as his punishment) is the fact that he has lost his edge to fight, which as quoted in the film he regained after forgiveing himself.

Evidence, si vous plait. I think you're confusing the 'punishment' with its side effects.

The Aeris sacrificeing herself is irelivent I mearly stated this as people dont agree that she is a saint when if someone saves the planet (or dies in the trying, id think that would be pretty saintly.

The entire party is a saint by that logic. Reeve is not a saint. Barret is not a saint. Yuffie is not a saint. The logic does not follow.

all the while Tifa is at risk,its much easyer just to dress up like a girl and be done with it. besides like I said before it was very nessisary because tifa needed 3 people who she could trust to be in the lineup Aerith 1 Cloud 2 and Tifa 3 its simple.

So, 'waste time' scouting out the defenses, or 'waste time' looking for a dress, and head in blind.

a back enterence? i think not, as you see the dons place was backed onto the pillar/wall/whatever it is so how may I ask was he suposed to get it, plus your forgetting one all important thing: the game designers desided to put Cloud into a dress nothing else, had there been another way around it im sure they would have done it that way but they did not.

They put Cloud in a dress for the humor value, not the tactical value.
Besides, by 'back' entrance, I mean any non primary entrance.

Besides why does it make a difference if Cloud gets changed into a dress? does it in any way hinder the game? no. it does not. if anything it proves how important Tifa is to him as he is willing to do anything to protect her.

Yes, it does. This does not, however, suffice under SOD.

she sells the flowers at what she desides to, considering they only grow in one place in the whole of Midagar she can charge whatever she wants for them and they would still be a reasonable price. you will note that she charged one guy 200 gil for a flower, and you will also note that she was most likely trying to get rid of the lecherous guy and decided the best way was to charge him an extrodinary price, its his problem if he decides to pay it.

She has Midgar grown flowers, but she does not have an absolute monopoly on flowers in midgard, as they could easily be imported for little cost from Kalm, grown on the disc in imported soil as Reeve's mother did. A markup of that ridiculous cost is highway robbery and 'lechery' is no excuse.
Even if she did have a monopoly, that's STILL no excuse to charge such disparate prices based on clientele.

You did not respond to the Limit break issue. so concession accepted.

No, Tifa said it seemed to help. This does not prove it helped, and Barret running off in a huff suggests otherwise.
And it was STILL insensitive.

Now, closure with Dyne. I think that helped.

yes she chastise's him, when a friend or a loved one does somthing stupid that could have gotten them killed, like say your son or whoever desides to avenge someone and could have very likely been killed in the process you would do that same. yes I know its not the same situation but the point is.

If your son is bleeding profusely, first thing you do is make sure he's okay. The chastisement can come when they are better.

no, I dont think I will, hence why I said what I said: I can not be bothered. you contradicted yourself end of subject.

If you cannot back up your point, do not attempt to make it. If

just because I comment on somthing while most of it is directed at you not all of it is, you decided to think it was for you to reply to then its your problem not mine.

Wait, where the hell did this exclusivity of response come from? And problem? How is this a problem?

TRANS_AM409
07-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Tifa is better its done and over ha!

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 01:18 AM

The entire party is a saint by that logic. Reeve is not a saint. Barret is not a saint. Yuffie is not a saint. The logic does not follow.

right lets get this straight
Yuffie was there for the Materia
Reeve was there to spy on cloud and the gang
Barret was there cause he wanted revenge on the Shin Ra
Tifa was there because she wanted revenge on Sephiroth
Cloud was there for the same as Tifa
Cid was there cause he was a lunatic (and possibly was very pissed off at the Shin Ra)

Aerith was there... wait a minute why was Aerith there? did she have any reason to fight for the planet? no? but she did? THAT is what id call saintly.

So, 'waste time' scouting out the defenses, or 'waste time' looking for a dress, and head in blind.

In Final Fantasy VIII when in the missle base with Selphie do you A. go in disguise and try to fool everyone you come across or B. Storm in and kill everyone I should think the answer should be evident

They put Cloud in a dress for the humor value, not the tactical value.
Besides, by 'back' entrance, I mean any non primary entrance.

Then why oh why is this an issue?

Yes, it does. This does not, however, suffice under SOD.

erm? what?

She has Midgar grown flowers, but she does not have an absolute monopoly on flowers in midgard, as they could easily be imported for little cost from Kalm, grown on the disc in imported soil as Reeve's mother did. A markup of that ridiculous cost is highway robbery and 'lechery' is no excuse.
Even if she did have a monopoly, that's STILL no excuse to charge such disparate prices based on clientele.

your still missing the point, you said that this was an example of her attitude but you fail to mention the fact that that she gave jonny a flower for free and she also gave him a gil, then comes this lecherous guy and starts to piss her off and wants to buy flowers she thinks "I dont want to sell to this guy, Oh I know lets charge him a ridiculas price in the hopes that he will go away" but sadly her plan fails asl the saying goes Cest la vie

You did not respond to the Limit break issue. so concession accepted.

I must have accidently deleted it but since you refreashed my memory ill point a few things out to you.

Unless you give all the kills to Aerith, the XP gain from those 80+ enemies will cause a decent amount of levelling. Then getting those other 8 L2 limits so early will be a rather big waste of time. Nevermind that Limits really aren't useful at all until rather later in the game to begin with. Yes, they can be helpful, but they're hardly gamebreakers until you get the multihitters later on.

Just because I have it doesnt mean that I think everyone should do the same, what are you telling me by the time your team gets to the Demon Gate that they all are still on the level 1 limit breaks? i think not, all you have to do is use Aerith in battle (like say give her the Enemy Skill materia learn Matra Magic and bobs your farthers brother. Incidently i have just turned on my playstation and given FFVII another wack and was just in the mythril mines and i got into a few fights there (9 to be exact) and it avrages out that with 4 people you get 220 exp from 1 fight times that by 20 and you get 4400 exp for about 80 kills now call me dumb but that is not a lot of exp by any stretch of the imagination. Aerith + ES + matra = alot of dead monsters.

No, Tifa said it seemed to help. This does not prove it helped, and Barret running off in a huff suggests otherwise.
And it was STILL insensitive.

as quoted by me she was trying to help Barret, your trying to get off on a technicality. it did help him: he ran off in a huff cause he was close to being cheered up and wanted to keep his bad mood (aka he wanted to sulk) cmon when your in a bad mood and pissed off when someone eventually tries to cheer you up you dont want to be cheered up but in the end you cant help it and break into a smile, this is what I feel was about to happen to Barret.

Now, closure with Dyne. I think that helped.

Amazeing... somthing that we both agree upon.

If your son is bleeding profusely, first thing you do is make sure he's okay. The chastisement can come when they are better.

Ok, i used that as an example but anyways. the Shin Ra were obviously close at hand so she didnt need to help him (and more importantly Sephiroth was in the temple) so she had a go at him. he lived did he not?

If you cannot back up your point, do not attempt to make it. If

No my point has been made you contracdicted yourself if you think otherwise then thats your problem. (im getting the strangest feeling of deja vu)

Wait, where the hell did this exclusivity of response come from? And problem? How is this a problem?

It came from here:

Erm no... i didnt bring this up

I wrote somthing in a previous message and you replyed to it thus you assumed I was talking to you.

In the end, Aerith saved the planet she died in the process and she didnt have a reason to fight but she did, she should have respect. Obviously this isnt going to happen by some of you but in the end I just dont give a damn what your opinions are in the end it all boils down to one person saying "I hate Aerith" and the other saying "I think she is great" the simple fact that millions of people have tried to revive her proves the fact that she is very much liked but you also get other people that just play the game just to see Aerith die but hey its your choice if you do or dont like her, and to coin a phrase "opinions are like assholes: we all have them"

Dr. Acula
07-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Ok, as long and er... interesting as this Aeris conversation is, I think other people want to express their opinions. If you want to carry on this heated discussion, do you mind PMing?

TRANS_AM409
07-27-2006, 05:51 AM
I THINK THATS A WONDERFUL IDEA THESE PEPLE ARE GOING KA-RAAZY

Ryushikaze
07-27-2006, 06:01 AM
Well, if Reno wishes to continue, he can PM me- or make his own thread, if he wishes- but I have this post all ready and waiting, so...

right lets get this straight
Yuffie was there for the Materia
Reeve was there to spy on cloud and the gang
Barret was there cause he wanted revenge on the Shin Ra
Tifa was there because she wanted revenge on Sephiroth
Cloud was there for the same as Tifa
Cid was there cause he was a lunatic (and possibly was very pissed off at the Shin Ra)

And he backpedals.

if someone saves the planet (or dies in the trying, id think that would be pretty saintly.
what did these people do? THEY SAVED THE PLANET. You presented a point. I pointed out the logic in this point was not sound. You add additional terms instead of admitting error. Oi.

Aerith was there... wait a minute why was Aerith there? did she have any reason to fight for the planet? no? but she did? THAT is what id call saintly.

And Aerith had no reason to be cheesed off at either Shinra or Sephiroth? One killed her family, the other nearly killed one of her best friends.
Maybe she saved the world cause, hey, she lives there. Maybe she didn't have any good motives to save the world. You may say I'm being an asshole for suggesting this, but that's what you're doing by reducing the other character's motives to such simplistic bull.
And actually, saving the world isn't particularly saintly. It's only common sense. Bettering the world is 'saintly', though then again, 'saintly' is actually a rather specific descriptor, did Aerith ever show signs of Stigmata?

In Final Fantasy VIII when in the missle base with Selphie do you A. go in disguise and try to fool everyone you come across or B. Storm in and kill everyone I should think the answer should be evident

YAY! STRAWMAN! YAY! FALSE DICHOTOMY! Note I NEVER said he should storm in. I suggest Cloud take scout of the situation, especially since Corneo only had the one posted guard with a poor range of vision.

Then why oh why is this an issue?

Because from a suspension of disbelief perspective, it's a really dumb thing to do in the situation instead of using the same time to discreetly examine the enemy.

erm? what?

Suspension of disbelief. You pretend it's not fictional and treat it as if it were, say a documentary or security footage.

your still missing the point, you said that this was an example of her attitude but you fail to mention the fact that that she gave jonny a flower for free and she also gave him a gil, then comes this lecherous guy and starts to piss her off and wants to buy flowers she thinks "I dont want to sell to this guy, Oh I know lets charge him a ridiculas price in the hopes that he will go away" but sadly her plan fails asl the saying goes Cest la vie

Yes, it shows that she's willing to cheat a man out of 4999 gil instead of refusing to sell, an equally viable, more effective, and less assholic tactic, and by the by, she is more than willing to play favorites.

Just because I have it doesnt mean that I think everyone should do the same, what are you telling me by the time your team gets to the Demon Gate that they all are still on the level 1 limit breaks? i think not, all you have to do is use Aerith in battle (like say give her the Enemy Skill materia learn Matra Magic and bobs your farthers brother. Incidently i have just turned on my playstation and given FFVII another wack and was just in the mythril mines and i got into a few fights there (9 to be exact) and it avrages out that with 4 people you get 220 exp from 1 fight times that by 20 and you get 4400 exp for about 80 kills now call me dumb but that is not a lot of exp by any stretch of the imagination. Aerith + ES + matra = alot of dead monsters.

I never said it was hard. I said it was a waste of time, that limits were not useful enough to waste the time for them so early in the game, and that the L2 limits are signifigantly harder to get to mid battle at that stage in the game than the L1, and that most limits at that point are quite simply, redundant.

as quoted by me she was trying to help Barret, your trying to get off on a technicality. it did help him: he ran off in a huff cause he was close to being cheered up and wanted to keep his bad mood (aka he wanted to sulk) cmon when your in a bad mood and pissed off when someone eventually tries to cheer you up you dont want to be cheered up but in the end you cant help it and break into a smile, this is what I feel was about to happen to Barret.

Was she trying to help? Or was she thinking Barret was being a stick in the mud, and Tifa realized that she helped without intending to. All of THIS is highly discussable, and entirely off the point. I only bring them up for added discussion. THE POINT, good sir, was that she chose an INCREDIBLY insensitive method to use, whatever her intent may or may not have been. The ends do not justify the means.

Ok, i used that as an example but anyways. the Shin Ra were obviously close at hand so she didnt need to help him (and more importantly Sephiroth was in the temple) so she had a go at him. he lived did he not?

They were? Funny... I never saw them outside, Elena was running back to Midgar to report... and that he lived isn't the issue. She should have checked. Worried. Treated his wounds, instead of hoping that the turks might help him later.

I mean, heck, VINCENT showed more care for the Turks he barely knew than she did for Tseng, and Aerith is supposedly the dedicated healer type.

No my point has been made you contracdicted yourself if you think otherwise then thats your problem. (im getting the strangest feeling of deja vu)

Due to your failure to support your claim in any way, shape, or form, your concession is hereby accepted. If you claim I made a mistake, explain how, or shut it. I have little patience for substanceless ad homs.

I wrote somthing in a previous message and you replyed to it thus you assumed I was talking to you.

Okay. Let me explain something. This is a message board. People can, and will, interject into conversations all the time. I did this. I did not assume you were talking to me. It didn't even cross my mind. You addressed a point. I addressed that same point in rebuttal. That you're getting in a hissy about this is the perplexing part.

In the end, Aerith saved the planet she died in the process and she didnt have a reason to fight but she did, she should have respect. Obviously this isnt going to happen by some of you but in the end I just dont give a damn what your opinions are in the end it all boils down to one person saying "I hate Aerith" and the other saying "I think she is great" the simple fact that millions of people have tried to revive her proves the fact that she is very much liked but you also get other people that just play the game just to see Aerith die but hey its your choice if you do or dont like her, and to coin a phrase "opinions are like assholes: we all have them"

Okay, first off, false dichotomy. I don't hate Aerith. I think she's a snarky, flirty, possesive woman who made some incredibly STUPID decisions at the end of her life, but I do not hate her.
Nextly- Ad populum- That she is liked is not actually relevant to her character. People LOVE sephiroth.
After that'lly- She tried to save the world. This is all well and good. So did the entire rest of the party. No special pleading.
Lastly- Aerith is no more a saint than the rest of the party. Her character was human. With flaws. She, like the rest of the party, was trying to do the right thing- EVEN REEVE, EVEN YUFFIE, EVEN CID- Trying to place her on the little Mary Sue pedastal is a great disrespect not only to her character, but to everyone else's too.

Dr. Acula
07-27-2006, 06:34 AM
I THINK THATS A WONDERFUL IDEA THESE PEPLE ARE GOING KA-RAAZY
Ya man. WORSE than crazy.

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I go "Crazy" cause I get fed up with these pointless "I hate Aerith threads" when she has done (atleast in my eyes) absolutely nothing wrong... it sort of reminds me of the part in X-2 when beclem disrespects Yuna when she (and yes the group with her) saved the planet. I just do not get why you lot hate her so much that you would just wish to start a thread saying "Oh I hate Aerith because of this that and them etc" we all know that some of you do not like her but hey, Note some people (like Pure Aerisbeauty) is afraid to post her opinion for fear of being attacked by the Aerith haters at the end of the day EVERYONE either hates her likes her or just does not give a damn. Why is it such a big deal? I have no idea. these are the facts as I see them:

Aerith has had only one serious boyfriend (Zack) and we all know what happened to him, and then this guy comes a long and helps her out in any way he can she is reminded of her first boyfriend (I can imagin that she has had a pretty lonely childhood as she had always been "Different" and never had anyone to set an example from) and so she starts flirting with Cloud, its only natural if you were a woman in need of saveing then this dashing man comes in and saves you you might think yourself in love with him (especially when he reminds you of you once serious boyfriend) and naturally she tryes to latch onto him and gets caught up into saveing the world in the process does she shy away from her new responsibility no, she does all she can, she fights for the planet to the best of the ability, Hell she dies in the process now here is the thing... she used Holy and got killed, then Sephiroth tried to stop it being used in the northern crater and we know the rest is history, so why oh why do you hate her so? she is dead for crying out loud whats the big deal? some of you think she is insencitive? so I take it the people she is being insencitive to are perfect then? that they have made no mistakes, is that a no I think I hear? whats that I can also hear? everyone makes mistakes? a good point there wouldnt you say. Whats that im hearing now? She sucks in battle? she is one of the Cetra and as such has a strong magical ability (note materia holds the knoledge of the Ainchents) and as such is the ONLY one who could have used Holy, id love to see Cloud use it... oh yea thats right he cant. Oh whats this im hearing now? Nothing good came of Aerith? erm... what about Holy that saved the planet? or is that a bad thing she did saveing the planet? oh all of a sudden im hearing that she stole Cloud away from Tifa? now what do i suddenly hear? oh yes its out friend Mr. Game Script:

Tifa: …And you are? Hey you're the one with Cloud in the park…

Aerith: Right, with Cloud.

Tifa: Oh……

Aerith: Don't worry. We just met. It's nothing.

Tifa: What do you mean, 'Don't worry'…about what? No, don't misunderstand.
Cloud and I grew up together. Nothing more.

So did she steal Cloud away from her? his servy says! eeeerrrn

if she knew she was gonna die, y go after Cloud when ur gonna die?

She knew she was going to die did she? erm when did this happen? is being Psychic one of the abilitys of the Cetra? oh now whats this? she wanted to be happy as long as she could? hmm... what does that remind me of? Oh yea Yuna in FFX she knew she was going to die but she still latched onto Tidus, "Oh she is such a whore!" why shouldnt dieing people be happy? if you and your love rival are going after the same man and you discover your teminally ill do you still give up your one chance at happyness? no of corse you dont you try to grab life with both hands. But I supose that is a moot point as Aerith didnt know she was going to die.

Wont let anyone get over her death? so what undead Aerith stood behind Cloud and suddenly she can read his mind (because lets not forget she is psychic now) and clouts him over the head saying "how dare you think you can get over my death" *clouts him some more just for good measure*

Ryushikaze
07-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Let me say something quick here, Reno. It is Aerith's fans that have made her so hated.

The mary sue makers.

The little miss do no wrong preachers.

The "ZOMFG CLOUDXAERIS TWUE WUV" mindless morons.

The folks who couldn't let it go.

The people who get up in arms over a nearly ten year old plot point that's rather COMMON in the series, especially when much more plot important spoilers are treated without any gorram kid's gloves.

That is the reason such a backlash against her exists, because the otherwise neutral parties are SICK of hearing the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif from her supporters day in and day out.

THAT is why people exist who will point out that she's insensitive. That's she's snarky. That she latched onto the first thing that resembled her first boyfriend. That she did stupid things. That she wasn't a gorram saint. Not because they hate her. Because they hate the smegheads who won't shut up about her.

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Before i reply to this I am going to apolagize for my loss of temper (after haveing 2 sleepless night due to tooth ache im a bit grouchie)

Let me say something quick here, Reno. It is Aerith's fans that have made her so hated.

The Aerith fans have made her hated? that is a complete load of Bollocks, if say that was true then why dont they say "I hate Aerith because of all the idiot fanboys/girls" the answer is that its not true do me a favor and do a search of this forum and find me the last time someone said somthing that would make people hate Aerith.

The mary sue makers.

If that were true the why the hell dont people hate Tifa ill set and example for you:

Aeris is an idiot! She was a block between Cloud and Tifa. I mean, if she knew she was gonna die, y go after Cloud when ur gonna die? She's just so dumb! And Cait Sith can smurf himself! HOW DARE HE say Cloud and Aerith r a perfect match!

End of story!

(I actually made Aeris melee Ruby Weapon once and that crazy bich won cuz I used Hero Drinks!!!)

The people who get up in arms over a nearly ten year old plot point that's rather COMMON in the series, especially when much more plot important spoilers are treated without any gorram kid's gloves.
hey buddy it works both ways, 99.99% of the time its the Aerith Haters that start the "For all Aerith hater" threads no tthe othe way around

That is the reason such a backlash against her exists, because the otherwise neutral parties are SICK of hearing the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif from her supporters day in and day out.

the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif from her suporters? tell me when was the last time your read somthing along the lines of "OMG AE!7H R0X3RS ANY1 DAT DUNT 4GR33 IS DA L053R" ill tell ya... about 10 or so years ago thats when

THAT is why people exist who will point out that she's insensitive. That's she's snarky. That she latched onto the first thing that resembled her first boyfriend. That she did stupid things. That she wasn't a gorram saint. Not because they hate her. Because they hate the smegheads who won't shut up about her.

What so because she latches onto the first thing that resembles her boyfriend she is a snark? that she is insensitive? excuse me, the first thing that resembled Zack was cloud and you will also note that she was 16 when she went out with him I cant remember if she is 21 or 22 now but after 5 or 6 years of waiting she deserves a little happyness dont you think? oh and I think less of you now because you simply try to goad me into an anger and call me pathetic names. when your ready to act like an adult I will speak to you again.

Word of the wise: Internet flameing is like the special olimpics: even if you win your still retarded.

f f freak
07-27-2006, 11:40 AM
If that were true the why the hell dont people hate Tifa

Probalbly because there is actually some point in levelling Tifa up and getting Tifa's limit breaks. Tifa doesn't die so there is some point to doing those things.

Griff
07-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Before i reply to this I am going to apolagize for my loss of temper (after haveing 2 sleepless night due to tooth ache im a bit grouchie)

The Aerith fans have made her hated? that is a complete load of Bollocks, if say that was true then why dont they say "I hate Aerith because of all the idiot fanboys/girls" the answer is that its not true do me a favor and do a search of this forum and find me the last time someone said somthing that would make people hate Aerith.

The mary sue makers.

If that were true the why the hell dont people hate Tifa ill set and example for you:

End of story!

hey buddy it works both ways, 99.99% of the time its the Aerith Haters that start the "For all Aerith hater" threads no tthe othe way around

the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif from her suporters? tell me when was the last time your read somthing along the lines of "OMG AE!7H R0X3RS ANY1 DAT DUNT 4GR33 IS DA L053R" ill tell ya... about 10 or so years ago thats when

What so because she latches onto the first thing that resembles her boyfriend she is a snark? that she is insensitive? excuse me, the first thing that resembled Zack was cloud and you will also note that she was 16 when she went out with him I cant remember if she is 21 or 22 now but after 5 or 6 years of waiting she deserves a little happyness dont you think? oh and I think less of you now because you simply try to goad me into an anger and call me pathetic names. when your ready to act like an adult I will speak to you again.

Word of the wise: Internet flameing is like the special olimpics: even if you win your still retarded.
I am going to address this in parts simply because I'm too lazy to seperate quotes.
Part 1-While it is not my personal reason for not liking Aeris, I will agree that alot of people actually do hate Aeris because people overrate her, much like how people hate the game in general for the same reason. While there may not be any recent forum posts that would give one reason to hate Aeris, there are plenty of other websites or forums or even older "Tifa or Aeris" threads in this forum that do.
Part 2- There are still tonnes of people who hate Tifa, they are just less vocal on here. There is a Tifa hater for every Aeris hater. Both sets apparently take on some personality traits from their favourite. Aeris fans are henceforth usually calmer and more peaceful (I'm not saying all are this way) and Tifa fans are more vocal and looking for a fight (repeat previous bracket).
Part 3- No argument here, it is usually Aeris haters starting hate threads.
Part 4- Actually I read that thread about a week ago on another forum. Anyone who feels the need to make a stupid thread bashing a game character on either side of the spectrum really needs to rethink their priorities.
Part 5- I'm not going to respond to this part simply because it would get into the whole who Cloud loves thing, and since I actually thought Cloud was gay and didn't want either of them I feel no need. Although i will agree that Aeris has every right to hit on whoever she wants.

Ryushikaze
07-27-2006, 03:18 PM

There is a lot more than this forum, however, off the top of my head, a page back, people were acting as if Aerith was the innocent flower.

You say that like there AREN'T a signifigant amount of Tifa haters on the web.
And in my experience, for what it is worth, there are a lot more annoying Aerith fans than Tifa fans.

And 62.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot to support a point. Anti Tifa threads get made, you know. I've seen them.

Strawman. It doesn't have to contain 1337 to be irritating. And the last time I read something that insanely irritating? Earlier this week. Idunno if the thread still exists. The MB it was on has a high turnover rate.

What so because she latches onto the first thing that resembles her boyfriend she is a snark? that she is insensitive?

No. She is a snark. This is completely seperate from her latching onto Cloud, or her being insensitive.

excuse me, the first thing that resembled Zack was cloud and you will also note that she was 16 when she went out with him I cant remember if she is 21 or 22 now but after 5 or 6 years of waiting she deserves a little happyness dont you think?

Aerith waited for five years? I don't recall her ever stating that, and it doesn't seem that in line with her personality. Course, she did get some happiness. She got to go to the promised land and meet Zack again.

And upon further reflection, the comment that she latched onto the 'first' thing is not really well supported. For all we know there are a lot of people who superficially resemble Zack like Cloud did and she latched onto them all. It's unlikely, but possible. What should be said instead is that the reason she latched onto Cloud was because of his similarity to Zack. What can be said is that she was not disabused of the notion of his similarity until well after her death.

oh and I think less of you now because you simply try to goad me into an anger and call me pathetic names. when your ready to act like an adult I will speak to you again.

I'm not trying to goad you into anger. Nor am I calling you pathetic names. That you assumed I was referring to you is rather confusing. I was thinking about certain people when I wrote that, but you weren't any of them. Chill, dude.

That's not the line, and even if it were, 'word for the wise', you are guilty of it flaming to.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-27-2006, 05:28 PM
I agree with Reno. Aeris wanted to save the planet and she gave up her life to do so. She wanted everyone to be safe.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Aeris can´t even safe her self:D

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-27-2006, 08:02 PM
She at least tried and she didn't give up. I think she can save herself. I think that she is one of the bravest Final Fantasy characters. BTW, thanks ~Reno~. Thanks for standing up for me.:) :kaocheer:

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-27-2006, 09:02 PM
One of the bravest...or one of the stupidest?:eep:

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-27-2006, 09:07 PM
She's not a useless character at all. Her attacks may not be strong but she's the best with magic and materia. You don't have to like Aeris, but please respect her. No one would want people laughing at them because they died.

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 09:11 PM
She's not a useless character at all. Her attacks may not be strong but she's the best with magic and materia. You don't have to like Aeris, but please respect her. No one would want people laughing at them because they died.
Yea! well said!:D

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Reno!:) :kaocheer:

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 09:22 PM
any time :D

Ryushikaze
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Let's see, the only particularly useful early magics are Big Guard and White Wind, both of which are equally useful no matter who applies them. Other magic quickly loses its usefulness for a good period once you step outside Midgard. Especially since it has roughly equivalent damage with just plain attacking, but also costs MP.

And Cloud is actually the best mage, once equipment is included in the consideration.
Though speaking of mages, Cait is the second best natural mage. Does anyone ever replace Aerith with him for mage purposes?

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Cloud or Cait Sith?

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
erm excuse me your actully wrong with the Big Guard + White Wind beig the only useful magic in the early stages: I can get Beta as soon as I leave Midagar and besides Matra Magic does in the region of 225 to 250 damage, when you consider the weapon Cloud has when he leaves Midagar (the one you can steal from those soldiers in the Shin Ra building) he does roughly 90 damage with a standered hit, then you take into consideration that Matra Magic hit all oponents without haveing to use an All Materia you will see that it is very useful in the early stages of the game.

also haveing just loaded up my copy again iv taken a look at the stats of Cloud and Aerith here are the results as follows

Cloud level 26

STR 56
DEX 26
VIT 42
MAG 52
SPR 41
LCK 22

ATT 92
ATT% 100
DEF 69
DEF% 9
M ATK 52
M DEF 41
M DEF% 0

Aerith level 21

STR 25
DEX 21
VIT 31
MAG 53
LCK 20

ATT 53
ATT% 100
DEF 65
DEF% 9
M ATK 53
M DEF 38
M DEF% 0

so you will see by compairing a level 21 Aerith and a level 26 Cloud that you are wrong. Thankyou very much have a nice day.

Ryushikaze
07-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I said quickly. not immediately. Straight up damage isn't the only consideration, it's cost effectiveness. Matra starts good, but very turns redundant quickly, especially in boss battles.

Beta is powerful, yes. But early on, the MP used in the casting of that spell is much better employed in casting White Wind- which cures all status effects and heals the entire party, and Big guard, which is Barrier and Mbarrier in one. Besides, I'd rather be able to have it on all of my E. Skills later in the game, when it can be cost effective.

And while Cloud with the hardege does around 90-150 damage immediately after Midgard, his physical damage curve increases much more quickly magic damage curve does.

Addendum: Aerith is the best natural mage. Cloud is the best overall mage once equipment is brought in.

PAB- Cait.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
It would become irrelevant anyway because with the progress of the game other characters grow much more powerfull than Aeris and all their limit breaks are superior.

Carl the Llama
07-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I said quickly. not immediately. Straight up damage isn't the only consideration, it's cost effectiveness. Matra starts good, but very turns redundant quickly, especially in boss battles.
Matra is very good for getting your limit breaks up (if thats what you choose to do) so yes, I find it to be highly useful and considering you spouting cost effectiveness at 8mp per Matra it is very cost effective.

Beta is powerful, yes. But early on, the MP used in the casting of that spell is much better employed in casting White Wind- which cures all status effects and heals the entire party, and Big guard, which is Barrier and Mbarrier in one. Besides, I'd rather be able to have it on all of my E. Skills later in the game, when it can be cost effective.
I do say it is effective against bosses: you said that the only useful ES in early game time is WW and BG and I said you was wrong. which you have admited.

And while Cloud with the hardege does around 90-150 damage immediately after Midgard, his physical damage curve increases much more quickly magic damage curve does.
90-150? no that is so wrong: haveing conduted a series of tests my Cloud who is level 26 with the Force Stealer weapon (ya know the one you get from Heidigger after the parade aka a better sword then the hard edge) does about 225 damage and considering im highly overeleveled (Barret Cloud and Aerith all have there level 3-2 limits) and iv only just left the golden saucer I said 90 as a generous amount.

Addendum: Aerith is the best natural mage. Cloud is the best overall mage once equipment is brought in.
Addendum? im sorry I do not know this word. You say that cloud is the best mage once equipment is brought into play? what equipment? if your going to say stuff like this back it up with evidence like I have done, its all well and good saying that Cloud is better once he get better equipment but without evidence I find it impossible to believe. But thinking about it there is only one thing that Cloud can equip that Aerith cant: Swords and also considering that there isnt a sword that enhanses his magic, what you are saying is a complete load of rubbish.

PAB- Cait.
Huh?

It would become irrelevant anyway because with the progress of the game other characters grow much more powerfull than Aeris and all their limit breaks are superior.

how on earth can you say the others limit breaks are better? do you even know what Great Gospel does, no? Well here is a quote for you:

This limit break simply rules. Not only does it completely restore all negative status effects, HP, and MP, but it makes the whole party temporarily invincible as well! In FF8 that is the equivalent of a Magalixir and a Holy War, and anyone who knows FF8 will know that is darn good! Too bad you won't have it for too long....

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Aeris is the best spell-casting Mage. Cloud can't cast any magic unless he is equipped with Materia. Just because Aeris' magic deals with healing and protecting, doesn't mean she is the weakest mage.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Aeris's limit healing wind is probably the most helpful move on the first disc so don't diss!!!

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-28-2006, 12:42 AM
I know darn well what Great Gospel does and i still don´t consider it superior to other limit breaks...there are tons of equipment that protect you against bad staus it´s only a cheaper way of recovering hp and mp it´s by no chance an incredible limit break:eep:

You see to me it´s pretty simple this thread wa created for Aeris haters,and of course the Aeris "Lovers" have to defend her...i got no problem with that...but trying to find ways to consider herself a great character superior than other characters is utterly bogus for if you ask me FFVII is actually one of the Final Fantasies where the characters are most balanced, and wasting time to train someone who eventually dies no matter how people try to deny it she DIES! Is an entire waste of time except for the Aeris fanatics who cry when she got pierced by Sephiroth. Now you can go ahead and protest all you want, but this is a simple fact.So bring on the hating.:eep:

Omni-Odin
07-28-2006, 01:52 AM
TERRA SUCKS! RINOA SUCKS! GARNET, DAGGER, SARAH SUCK! YUNA SUCKS!

Carl the Llama
07-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Aeris's limit Great Gospel is probably the most helpful move on the first disc so don't diss!!!

Iv edited this to make it more appropriate

I know darn well what Great Gospel does and i still don´t consider it superior to other limit breaks...there are tons of equipment that protect you against bad staus it´s only a cheaper way of recovering hp and mp it´s by no chance an incredible limit break:eep:
Cheap? if Aerith had survived you would certainly change your attitude about her then, say for instance, you were fighting ole Ruby a nice Refheash would go a long way. also, why is it cheap? your just trying to find excuses to discredit her. the fact is the limit break IS THE best limit in the game, no question about it: even the Creator of this website agree's hence why he said what he said also, have you ever got Great Gospel? you could knock me over with a feather if the answer is yes.

You see to me it´s pretty simple this thread wa created for Aeris haters,and of course the Aeris "Lovers" have to defend her...i got no problem with that...but trying to find ways to consider herself a great character superior than other characters is utterly bogus for if you ask me FFVII is actually one of the Final Fantasies where the characters are most balanced, and wasting time to train someone who eventually dies no matter how people try to deny it she DIES! Is an entire waste of time except for the Aeris fanatics who cry when she got pierced by Sephiroth. Now you can go ahead and protest all you want, but this is a simple fact.So bring on the hating.:eep:
when did anyone say that she was Superior? all im argueing for is the face that she should be respected. all of you are just trying to find excuses to bash her good name, and when her "Lovers" come up with damn good reasons you spout "oh she dies anyways so who gives a damn" or my personal favriot "Oh she SUX in battle" when clearly if anyone had investigated this fact they would find themselvs clearly in the wrong. tell me one MAGE type character that is good at meleeing in battle? Does Vivi go around beating people up? do Palom and Porrom? does Tellah? does Lulu? does Dagger? each time the answer comes back a resounding NO any of you need to learn this: Aerith IS the most powerful mage in the entire game so quit with the "Oh she sux in battle" crap. she does not. end of subject. Aditionally, when they made the game do you A. think that the created the game thought "Oh lets kill of Aerith, it would be good for a laugh" or B."lets kill of Aerith because it would be a climactic event". Obviously the answer is B so why the hell do you have to be a "Fanatic" if the emotions stir at this sceen. the answer is you dont have to be, do you even know what Fanatic means? obviously you dont here let me show you.

fa·nat·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

adj.
Fanatical.

If I were a fanatic I would probly spout some crap like "43r15 15 D4 B35T 4NY1 D4T DUNT 4GR33 1S D4 L053R" no if we argue back in the way that we do it makes us Fans.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-28-2006, 03:12 AM
WTF. She's a fictional character. People can say whatever the fuck they want about her.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 03:23 AM
whoever edited mine (i can't tell with all the quoting) cheers for making me look good but i never had that move

Dr. Acula
07-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Some of these opinions are fun to read. I'm enjoying this.:)

Carl the Llama
07-28-2006, 08:10 AM
It was me blitz-ace9 :D

Cookie
07-28-2006, 08:15 AM
kewl im just glad someone else is on the forum... im a bit lost

f f freak
07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
the fact is the limit break IS THE best limit in the game

No it really isn't. take this for instance. you are fighting an enemy that has mega strong defense, one doesn't come to mind but still, your characters are weak so you use great gospel. you are now invincible with full hp and mp. you waste all your mp on casting spells and you need more to beat this monster. so you use a turbo ether. ooops wait you are invincible so you just wasted a turbo ether. not exactly the best limit break. her best limit break is probalbly seal evil because it is a good way of inflicting status ailments. the best limit break is either Cloud's or Tifa's.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Aeris's limit Great Gospel is probably the most helpful move on the first disc so don't diss!!!

Iv edited this to make it more appropriate

Cheap? if Aerith had survived you would certainly change your attitude about her then, say for instance, you were fighting ole Ruby a nice Refheash would go a long way. also, why is it cheap? your just trying to find excuses to discredit her. the fact is the limit break IS THE best limit in the game, no question about it: even the Creator of this website agree's hence why he said what he said also, have you ever got Great Gospel? you could knock me over with a feather if the answer is yes.

when did anyone say that she was Superior? all im argueing for is the face that she should be respected. all of you are just trying to find excuses to bash her good name, and when her "Lovers" come up with damn good reasons you spout "oh she dies anyways so who gives a damn" or my personal favriot "Oh she SUX in battle" when clearly if anyone had investigated this fact they would find themselvs clearly in the wrong. tell me one MAGE type character that is good at meleeing in battle? Does Vivi go around beating people up? do Palom and Porrom? does Tellah? does Lulu? does Dagger? each time the answer comes back a resounding NO any of you need to learn this: Aerith IS the most powerful mage in the entire game so quit with the "Oh she sux in battle" crap. she does not. end of subject. Aditionally, when they made the game do you A. think that the created the game thought "Oh lets kill of Aerith, it would be good for a laugh" or B."lets kill of Aerith because it would be a climactic event". Obviously the answer is B so why the hell do you have to be a "Fanatic" if the emotions stir at this sceen. the answer is you dont have to be, do you even know what Fanatic means? obviously you dont here let me show you.

fa·nat·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

adj.
Fanatical.

So you´re calling me a fanatic for ahhh not having a burst atack like yourself to throw Aeris down...interesting:rolleyes2
Hey but thank you for explaining to me what a fanatic is boy i sure do feel smarter right now!!!!"Wooohoooooo thanks...

P.S: Comparing Aeris to Vivi or Lulu is ridiculous you can´t even compare Lulu or Vivi magic powers with Aeris...

Carl the Llama
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
So you´re calling me a fanatic for ahhh not having a burst atack like yourself to throw Aeris down...interesting:rolleyes2
Hey but thank you for explaining to me what a fanatic is boy i sure do feel smarter right now!!!!"Wooohoooooo thanks...
hmm... how old are you? Excuse me, if you could please point out where I called you a fanatic id be eternally greatful :greenie:

P.S: Comparing Aeris to Vivi or Lulu is ridiculous you can´t even compare Lulu or Vivi magic powers with Aeris...
I cant compare Vivi or Lulu to Aerith? now why is that? cause they are designated BLM? no actully I think I can compare them.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Obviously the answer is B so why the hell do you have to be a "Fanatic" if the emotions stir at this sceen

Here it is...and it´s scene no sceen

Carl the Llama
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Obviously the answer is B so why the hell do you have to be a "Fanatic" if the emotions stir at this sceen

Here it is...and it´s scene no sceen
OMG im so sorry after 3 sleepless nights I made a typo! heaven forbid. aditionally that is not me saying your a fanatic I was pointing out the fact that you DONT have to be a fanatic to have the emotions stir at the scene obviously you brain cant comprehend this. It was YOU who said that people that get emo at that scene were fanatics NOT me. Did you forget this? or did your brain a a lapse or somthing?

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Ohhh i must have understood wrongly the part of the "YOU" then. You see getting into personal matters does not work for me...i´m just sorry that some people can get so upset with such matters...but hey everyone as to make a living right?

And just like that this so called "discussion" comes to an end...and you can go on to ramble about Aeris or whatever you want...but a word of adive try to control your temper over such litle things, it´s in your best interest really:rolleyes2

Carl the Llama
07-28-2006, 03:05 PM
And just like that this so called "discussion" comes to an end...and you can go on to ramble about Aeris or whatever you want...but a word of adive try to control your temper over such litle things, it´s in your best interest really:rolleyes2

Normally i can control my temper but I have had 3 sleepless nights, i spen 90% of my day in a great deal of pain so you can understand if im a little edgy.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 03:56 PM
let's just say that Aeris is OK. Not the best character and not the worst.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I just really hated Aeris. She was such a tart. She was vague, annoying, weak, and just a pain in the but overall. The only thing good about her was that her limit breaks were basically free cures and free limit breaks . that was it. As a matter of fact, I laughed when she died!:D

I'm not Aeris' biggest fan but it seems like you're being completely irrational.
1. She looks nothing like a tart
2. She is vague because she only has a limited amount of screen time
3. What good reason is there for her being annoying?
4. You can't expect a 22 year old flower girl to be as strong as a 6ft 5' macho man like Barret
5. No I don't share your opinion

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
guys guys wonder y they say this is the greatest rpg see look what they make u do argue over a one character

my opinion about her is that she comes in handy when i want a free heal she doesnt have the greatest attack and i know some characters are lioke that low attack high magic. so when u guys make comments and argue over such small things take a break and step back and look at how her death came into the story i mean i wouldnt argue over her i mean id argue over cat saith and his trator problem. so i mean if u dont like aresis fine with me if u love fine with me every one has theres ups and downs some good at mag some good at attack i mean areris death was sad cause im put alot of time into her lv up but i like how even thought she died she was still in the game playing her roll so every one it just a game ok play it enjoy love it hate it all that matters

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
guys guys wonder y they say this is the greatest rpg see look what they make u do argue over a one character
When you think about it, anyone who claims that FFVII is the greatest RPG of all time would have to be fairly irrational anyway.

Carl the Llama
07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
When you think about it, anyone who claims that FFVII is the greatest RPG of all time would have to be fairly irrational anyway.
Why is that, for a great deal of people Final Fantasy VII IS the greatest, its all a matter of opinion when it comes down to it, and id bet that if you did a servey with people who have never played a FF in thier lives that they would say FFVII is said to be the best for example my wife to be is an avid games player but has never played a FF game in her life but she says that FFVII has been the most recomended to her. I dont know about you but I DO consider VII to be the best, I personally feel the reason many many people (like yourself for instance) feel that VII isnt the best is purely because of the Fanboi's (please note I class a fan boi someone that speaks in 1337 language and cap's) just because so many fug heads like it doesnt mean it isnt a great game.

Altho saying that I am pretty irational :p jkjk

Quistis_Trepe
07-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm not a big fan of Aeris... And she is selfish when it comes to Cloud. And wut f f freak said, Geat Gospel is not the best limit in the game from wut they said about wasting a Turbo Ether. Tifa is actually worth leveling up and u do not need Aeris in ur parrty to heal characters, they can just use a potion or sumthing... So, yeah...

Carl the Llama
07-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Turbo Ether? on disk 1? I think not

Dr. Acula
07-29-2006, 02:41 AM

I reckon!!

Ryushikaze
07-29-2006, 02:45 AM
Turbo Ether on Disc one is entirely possible. Just a time and effort intensive process that doesn't really pay off at all*. Though replace it with Ether if it makes you feel better. You still don't want to waste one on disc one.

Now then, as for 'natural' vs 'overall' mage. Natural mage is simply looking strictly at the mag and spr stat, in which case Aerith does win, hands down, followed by Cait, then Vincent, Cloud, etc.
The thing is, though, Aerith loses to each of these people in just about every other stat. So while she has the best mag offense, she has some of the worst survivability of the bunch, making them better overall casters, since while they may do a little less damage, they'll be able to do more damage without having to take a breather for healing or being dead. Out of the other choices for replacement mage, Cloud has the highest Str, Vit, and second best Dex for the most part, giving him the best blend of all the physical and magical attributes, the 2nd or 3rd highest HP on any given level, and the second best mp, making him the best overall.

As for how equipment matters, to this, Aerith, even assuming you shark her into the last disc, will have only 7 weapon slots for materia, while everyone else can have 8, meaning she can do less with materia than anyone else, reducing how much she can actually take advantage of her Mag with good materia combos.
If one brings sources into the equation, yes, you can make just about anyone a magical or combat god, but it takes far less to bring Cloud up to Aerith's magic level than it does Aerith to become Cloud's combative equivalent.

And I have to agree. Great Gospel is incredibly cheap. So is holy war, and to a lesser extent since it's random, so is invincible moon. They all take the stategy out of any fight they get used in. Of course, having Great Gospel for disc one is like having Holy War or Invincible moon on disc one of FF8. Utterly redundant, like most limits are at that point in the game in FF7.
And 'useful for ruby weapon', sure. But she's not available for Ruby. And if she was available for the entirety of the game, her limits would almost certainly be incredibly watered down, to fit the balance of the later game. As is, her limits have to be as they are to warrant trying to build up for them during such a time frame of usability, and even then they're largely redundant.

And you can be a fanatic and 'fanboi' without being incoherent or employing 1337.

Oh yeah, and saying "the creator of the website thinks it's great" is an appeal to authority.

* Like a certain other disc one process I could mention.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Why is that, for a great deal of people Final Fantasy VII IS the greatest, its all a matter of opinion when it comes down to it, and id bet that if you did a servey with people who have never played a FF in thier lives that they would say FFVII is said to be the best
And this is what annoys me. Exactly what authority does someone who hasn't played any other FF in the series have in saying that FFVII is the best? Really, to claim that FFVII is the best RPG ever is rather ridiculous when you consider that one would have had to have PLAYED every RPG to fairly judge it.

Not to mention the fact that FFVII, and FF games in general, don't really fit the traditional definition of 'RPGs' anyway...

I dont know about you but I DO consider VII to be the best, I personally feel the reason many many people (like yourself for instance) feel that VII isnt the best is purely because of the Fanboi's (please note I class a fan boi someone that speaks in 1337 language and cap's) just because so many fug heads like it doesnt mean it isnt a great game.

Fanboys annoy me, but it's certainly not why I don't consider FFVII to be the best; I would hate to think that people would actually base their opinions on something like that. The reason FFVII doesn't rate too highly with me is, pure and simply, I consider other FF games to be more thoughtfully constructed.

Paracelsus
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Getting Back to the original meaning to this post... Aerith (The fixed english version of her name so we could pronounce it correctly) She's is the best Natural mage in the game, but just because shes a great natural mage means crap in a game where total customization of characters is possible. Aerith's only reason for being in combat at all was so you could use her simple limit breaks in a very easy strategy to power up other characters early on. Once She gets to "Fury Brand" she's hit the height of her usefulness beacuse at this point if you use a hyper on her she can max out the others limits which in turn makes them progress faster. They gave her "Venus Gospel" for those that like to get everything in the game, in other words its your reward for using her so much. So after Disc one usally all the other characters have risen to a level where you would no longer need her for support. Yet, lets say if she had been allowed into the rest of the game and they didn't change her limits she still wouldn't have been good against Ruby because of the simple face he removes two of your fighters at the beginning of battle making her still useless after rebirth because you spend too much time trying to protect her so she could fill her limit break. Also if she dies at all before you can cast the break you have to start all over with filling her break.

Yet I too have gotten off subject and joined in the why she's good and why she's bad arguement. As a character based on how time you have her for battle she's not great but she's desent, after she dies she's perfect for just character development and to move the story along.

Dragon Mage
07-30-2006, 02:15 AM
I did not intend this thread for constant debates over stats and limit breaks. Half of the stuff on this thread shouldn't even belong here. Aeris limit breaks are good and I aknowledge that and respect her for that but that's not the point-Limit breaks are good over all SO DON'T USE LIMIT BREAKS AS EVIDENCE THAT AERIS IS GOOD!! I originally intended this thread to be about why people don't like Aeris and why based on her PERSONALITY not her stats or MP and such. I must admit I did not make this clear when I made this thread and now truly regret for not doing so. Stop saying that there is no reason to hate Aeris based on her stats and limit breaks-what did you think of the character herself?

Wont let anyone get over her death? so what undead Aerith stood behind Cloud and suddenly she can read his mind (because lets not forget she is psychic now) and clouts him over the head saying "how dare you think you can get over my death" *clouts him some more just for good measure*
In my opinion, when a character dies, they're out of the picture completely. With Aeris, this is not the case. She comes back the first time...I'm surprised. Then she comes back again and again...and the surprise turns into irritation. Even though Aeris has good intentions and wants to help Cloud, her 'visits' have an adverse affect. I think it's safe to say that we all want the main character to have a happy life. With Aeris coming back all the time she's actually inspiring more guilt and depression in Cloud making it harder and harder for him to just let her go. Thus, she's constantly hindering Cloud in making a happy life for himself. Like I said, she has good intentions, but her interfering is inadvertently preventing the happy ending from occurring. And I, for one, want a happy ending for the main character which Aeris is thwarting, though not intentionally. So whenever Cloud seems to really be happy Aeris shows up and things go down hill again. As such I find her annoying. (and her flirting didn't help either) So, I see Aeris as a true killjoy and thus I have developed a dislike towards her.

I'm not Aeris' biggest fan but it seems like you're being completely irrational.
4. You can't expect a 22 year old flower girl to be as strong as a 6ft 5' macho man like Barret
Do you really know what I mean when I call her a tart?! DO YOU?! I meant as an unsavory character. For reasons of why I think she is annoying see above.
I do not expect her to be as macho as Barret but that's a very unbalanced comparison anyway. I found that she hindered rather than helped the group as it was difficult to keep her alive (excluding limit breaks). And yet you have to have her in your active group to level her to make sure she's powerful enough to survive in the Temple. Also, with her little HP and little damage the only thing I found her useful for was limit breaks and story plot. I found her vague especially in one situation during the date at the Golden Suacer. The conversation went roughly like this:
Aeris:Cloud, I want to meet..you
Cloud: I'm right here.
Aeris: (I know, I know, what I mean...) I mean I want to meet ... you.
WTF? Vague? Yes. Clear? No. and such a theme permeates some of the deeper things she says. So yes she was vague. As for #5: well of course you obviously don't share my opinion. But Mobiletype, why did you get onto a thread that's clearly labled 'For all Aeris haters' if you obviously don't hate Aeris?

With that said I would like to remind everyone once again that I did not create this thread to listen to debate over natural mage and stats and limit breaks. I meant it to ask what in Aeris' personality and some actions cause you to like or dislike Aeris? That is my question that I came to ask and hear your opinions. Not debates over stats and limit breaks and HP and MP: that all comes with the character but it's not the character, of whom I have questioned your opinions of. So tell me: What did you think of Aeris?

Tg.cid
07-30-2006, 02:24 AM

I agree areis was soooo useless in combat and out of combay she is annoying and never gives cloud space I am happy she did'nt make the whole game:fencing: :radred: :skull: :shoot: :tonberry:

Dr. Acula
07-30-2006, 02:26 AM
I agree. Thank you. This was getting WAY too outta hand.
Now, Aeris was quite a nice character, and, sure, it would have been nice if she didn't die (or STAY DEAD after she had died), but it's something you can't change. Most people say "If they make a remake for ff7 on the ps3, they should make Aeris revivable!" No, they should not. It would ruin the whole concept of her death. Not only that, but in real life can bring the dead back alive? No? And for those who say, "But it isn't real life!" that's true, but I think Square tried to make it at least a little lifelike. Therefore Aeris should not be revived.
Sorry if I was going off topic, but I have many opinions to express and I have already told everyone what I think of Aeris in the previous posts. I just thought that this was a topic that needed clearing up.

Tg.cid
07-30-2006, 02:30 AM
I'm not a big fan of Aeris... And she is selfish when it comes to Cloud. And wut f f freak said, Geat Gospel is not the best limit in the game from wut they said about wasting a Turbo Ether. Tifa is actually worth leveling up and u do not need Aeris in ur parrty to heal characters, they can just use a potion or sumthing... So, yeah...

I agree aries is of better use than tifa tifa has high everything but magic than aries:tonberry: :twak:

Tg.cid
07-30-2006, 02:35 AM
I agree. Thank you. This was getting WAY too outta hand.
Now, Aeris was quite a nice character, and, sure, it would have been nice if she didn't die (or STAY DEAD after she had died), but it's something you can't change. Most people say "If they make a remake for ff7 on the ps3, they should make Aeris revivable!" No, they should not. It would ruin the whole concept of her death. Not only that, but in real life can bring the dead back alive? No? And for those who say, "But it isn't real life!" that's true, but I think Square tried to make it at least a little lifelike. Therefore Aeris should not be revived.
Sorry if I was going off topic, but I have many opinions to express and I have already told everyone what I think of Aeris in the previous posts. I just thought that this was a topic that needed clearing up.

1. ofcourse it isnt real life the game is called final fantasy so reviving aries is possiable but i agree it would ruin the story line:strut: :evilking: :trout:

Carl the Llama
07-30-2006, 02:47 PM
As for how equipment matters, to this, Aerith, even assuming you shark her into the last disc, will have only 7 weapon slots for materia, while everyone else can have 8, meaning she can do less with materia than anyone else, reducing how much she can actually take advantage of her Mag with good materia combos.
cant take advantage of it with 1 less slot in materia? of corse you can take for instance, say is she did live she could easyly take on Emerald weapon and win without breaking a sweat look KotR+HP Absorb (2slots) Mime+Counter (4slots) oh wow look at that, 4 slots for the ultimate materia comboi mean comeon, do you really need more then the 8slot Wizard Bangle for materia combo's? the answer is quite obviously no also lets not forget the master materia'swhich take up a measly 3 slots, then all you need he weapon slots for are E.Skill and Mega All (thats Independant and doesnt need to be pared with anything) so haveing 1 slot less is not a problem in the slightest.

And I have to agree. Great Gospel is incredibly cheap. So is holy war, and to a lesser extent since it's random, so is invincible moon. They all take the stategy out of any fight they get used in. Of course, having Great Gospel for disc one is like having Holy War or Invincible moon on disc one of FF8. Utterly redundant, like most limits are at that point in the game in FF7.
And 'useful for ruby weapon', sure. But she's not available for Ruby. And if she was available for the entirety of the game, her limits would almost certainly be incredibly watered down, to fit the balance of the later game. As is, her limits have to be as they are to warrant trying to build up for them during such a time frame of usability, and even then they're largely redundant.
well thats your opinion, not really bothered if you like it or not.

And you can be a fanatic and 'fanboi' without being incoherent or employing 1337.
lets find out about that. link (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1803039#post1803039)

Oh yeah, and saying "the creator of the website thinks it's great" is an appeal to authority.
how is it an appeal to authority? I was mearly stateing a fact.

Most people say "If they make a remake for ff7 on the ps3, they should make Aeris revivable!" No, they should not. It would ruin the whole concept of her death. Not only that, but in real life can bring the dead back alive? No? And for those who say, "But it isn't real life!" that's true, but I think Square tried to make it at least a little lifelike. Therefore Aeris should not be revived.
I agree with everything you said apart from 1 thing... I havent read a single post where someone says they should make Aerith reviveable.

Why is that, for a great deal of people Final Fantasy VII IS the greatest, its all a matter of opinion when it comes down to it, and id bet that if you did a servey with people who have never played a FF in thier lives that they would say FFVII is said to be the best
And this is what annoys me. Exactly what authority does someone who hasn't played any other FF in the series have in saying that FFVII is the best? Really, to claim that FFVII is the best RPG ever is rather ridiculous when you consider that one would have had to have PLAYED every RPG to fairly judge it.

Erm hello, did you even read my post? I did not say the the people that havent played the game say that it is the best, only that it is SAID to be the best.. not what do you think that means... well regardless ill tell you anyway, it means that a very great deal of people talk about there faveriot games to thier friends which mean FFVII is VERY much liked and is most likely the most liked FF in the entire series. simple logic no?

Not to mention the fact that FFVII, and FF games in general, don't really fit the traditional definition of 'RPGs' anyway...
lmao... ok what would you consider the traditional definition of RPG's?

I dont know about you but I DO consider VII to be the best, I personally feel the reason many many people (like yourself for instance) feel that VII isnt the best is purely because of the Fanboi's (please note I class a fan boi someone that speaks in 1337 language and cap's) just because so many fug heads like it doesnt mean it isnt a great game.

Fanboys annoy me, but it's certainly not why I don't consider FFVII to be the best; I would hate to think that people would actually base their opinions on something like that. The reason FFVII doesn't rate too highly with me is, pure and simply, I consider other FF games to be more thoughtfully constructed.
Fair enough if thats your opinion, im not going to try to convince you to like a game when it obviously isnt going to work.

I did not intend this thread for constant debates over stats and limit breaks. Half of the stuff on this thread shouldn't even belong here. Aeris limit breaks are good and I aknowledge that and respect her for that but that's not the point-Limit breaks are good over all SO DON'T USE LIMIT BREAKS AS EVIDENCE THAT AERIS IS GOOD!!
Im sorry you feel that way but for every 2 people that dont like her for her personality there is a 1 that doesnt like her for her fighting ability. and as such should be disscussed, sorry if you dont like this but you should expect people to speak there views, cmon you post it on a message bord, if you want it to go the way you want it to go then post it in you user notes (where you can delete anything you dont want to be in there).

I originally intended this thread to be about why people don't like Aeris and why based on her PERSONALITY not her stats or MP and such. I must admit I did not make this clear when I made this thread and now truly regret for not doing so. Stop saying that there is no reason to hate Aeris based on her stats and limit breaks-what did you think of the character herself?
well to be fair, even if you did say this you would still get people saying they disslike her because of her battle ability, and you couldnt do anything to stop them, sorry if you dont like this but it is a public message forum and if people wish to express there opinion then it is thier right to do so.

In my opinion, when a character dies, they're out of the picture completely. With Aeris, this is not the case. She comes back the first time...I'm surprised. Then she comes back again and again...and the surprise turns into irritation. Even though Aeris has good intentions and wants to help Cloud, her 'visits' have an adverse affect.
Her Visits? guy what are you talking about? in the game she never 'Visited' him , she was dead, and its not like Cloud (or any of the party for that matter) is going to get over her death untill Sephiroth is in the grave. I mean if your friend/love interest/whatever was killed right infront of your eyes then you wouldnt forget about it for a long time.

I think it's safe to say that we all want the main character to have a happy life. With Aeris coming back all the time she's actually inspiring more guilt and depression in Cloud making it harder and harder for him to just let her go.
Again I have to ask... what are you talking about? when does she "come back to him"?

Do you really know what I mean when I call her a tart?! DO YOU?! I meant as an unsavory character. For reasons of why I think she is annoying see above.
unsavory character? guy what the hell are you talking about? she is a flower girl for crying out loud, if you brought a flower girl that dressed and acted like Aerith your mum would most likely be very happy for you. I know my mum would.

tart ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tärt)
n.

A prostitute.
A woman considered to be sexually promiscuous.

I do not expect her to be as macho as Barret but that's a very unbalanced comparison anyway. I found that she hindered rather than helped the group as it was difficult to keep her alive (excluding limit breaks). And yet you have to have her in your active group to level her to make sure she's powerful enough to survive in the Temple.
difficult to keep her alive? how can you say that 99% of the battles were over after just 1 turn for each enemy and if for instance you had Matra Magic on her then you were sorted all the way to Jueno so no your "she is difficult to keep alive in battle is a complete load of rubbish.

Also, with her little HP and little damage the only thing I found her useful for was limit breaks and story plot. I found her vague especially in one situation during the date at the Golden Suacer. The conversation went roughly like this:
Aeris:Cloud, I want to meet..you
Cloud: I'm right here.
Aeris: (I know, I know, what I mean...) I mean I want to meet ... you.
WTF? Vague? Yes. Clear? No. and such a theme permeates some of the deeper things she says. So yes she was vague.
Vague? she obviously knew Cloud was hideing inside himself (remember he said he was in soldier but in actual fact he wasnt, she obviously knew that and that was why she said what she said: she wanted to meet the real Cloud. I should think that would be obvious to anyone who thinks these things through.

As for #5: well of course you obviously don't share my opinion. But Mobiletype, why did you get onto a thread that's clearly labled 'For all Aeris haters' if you obviously don't hate Aeris?
why the hell are you picking on him? its me who you should be saying that to, im the one who posts the long arguements, he has every right to post in here. If you didnt want her fans/people who dont hate her to post in here then you should have made the title "for all Aerith haters (if you dont hate Aerith then dont post)" but then hey, I would have done so anyway.

Wuggly Blight
07-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Alot of people hate FF7 purely because its popular and I think thats whats going on here, its become a trend to hate her to be diffrent and cool, least thats what I get from the rather odd replies.
"SHE SUCKS IN BATTLE, OMG!" No, you do. Dont blame the character your useless at anything but hack and slashing.
Aeris never was or never will get revived, she's dead and gone. I dont think in battle there actually dead, maybe outcold or near death or something. Her return would be cheep and ruin the emotion envolved.
Oh dear, she likes someone, she must be a tart! then the girls here must be complete whores because Im sure they've done something much worse. Should she wear a mask too so men wont be seduced by her evil femaleness?

She had very few actual lines in the game anyway, It stupid to hate a character and says shes annoying on the bases she says "Are you okay?" I dont see waves of people moaning Garnets a annoying tart for saying that.

Dragon Mage
07-30-2006, 10:50 PM
m sorry you feel that way but for every 2 people that dont like her for her personality there is a 1 that doesnt like her for her fighting ability. and as such should be disscussed, sorry if you dont like this but you should expect people to speak there views, cmon you post it on a message bord, if you want it to go the way you want it to go then post it in you user notes (where you can delete anything you dont want to be in there).

I saw that the thread was degrading into another perpetual argument of stats and limit breaks. I tried to rectify the problem-in vain it seems. As this is the first time on the forums ever I have no idea what your talking about when you mention user notes and such. Please clarify.

Her Visits? guy what are you talking about? in the game she never 'Visited' him , she was dead, and its not like Cloud (or any of the party for that matter) is going to get over her death untill Sephiroth is in the grave. I mean if your friend/love interest/whatever was killed right infront of your eyes then you wouldnt forget about it for a long time.
I'm not a guy. I'm a girl. Anyhow, I was also reffering in part to AC but I didn't see the need to point this out since AC is just a continuation of the game. By 'visits' I meant whenever she contacted Cloud, dreams, telepathy, call it what you will, whenever she contacted him, that is what I meant by 'visits'. You know whenever she talks to Cloud or something? That is what I am reffering to. And by 'coming back' I termed it as such because she is dead and she is-sort of-coming back from the dead to contact the living. I hope I have cleared up any of your confusion.

difficult to keep her alive? how can you say that 99% of the battles were over after just 1 turn for each enemy and if for instance you had Matra Magic on her then you were sorted all the way to Jueno so no your "she is difficult to keep alive in battle is a complete load of rubbish.
Well, that just depends on how you play the game now doesn't it. The first time I played the game, I found it tedious and MP expensive to keep her alive. As you become more skilled at the game, this problem doesn't show up as much.

Vague? she obviously knew Cloud was hideing inside himself (remember he said he was in soldier but in actual fact he wasnt, she obviously knew that and that was why she said what she said: she wanted to meet the real Cloud. I should think that would be obvious to anyone who thinks these things through.

She's not very clear when you first play the game, is she? But her vague speaking is not just limited to that one example. When you go back and play the game several more times, the pieces start to really fit together and she doesn't seem vague anymore. Nonetheless, she was vague. Vague to the main character (for he obviously doesn't know what the heck she's talking about) and vague to the player.

why the hell are you picking on him? its me who you should be saying that to, im the one who posts the long arguements, he has every right to post in here. If you didnt want her fans/people who dont hate her to post in here then you should have made the title "for all Aerith haters (if you dont hate Aerith then dont post)" but then hey, I would have done so anyway.
Since he was directly addressing me, I in turn directly addressed him. I asked why he posted here just because I was curious and it was a small attempt at humor. I never said he couldn't post here- I just asked why he went onto a hate Aeris thread if he dosen't hate Aeris. That's all. I never said no one could post because they don't have the same opinion as me- the argument was straying far off the particular topic I had in mind and felt that I had to fix it and let my intentions become clearer. And your right ~Reno~- I should pick on you but it seems that Ryushikaze is pawning your a$$ pretty well. I've seen Ryushikaze at work before and have great respect for his arguments-you'll have an extremly hard time winning. I know you'll have your hands full in an argument with Ryushikaze, So I was being nice.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-30-2006, 11:57 PM
guys they made her the way she is cause she woul;d only be of use in disc one if they made her so power ful in disc onee it would ruin ur team for disc 2 to climb the snow mts. so if they didnt make her like the top of ur team but useful for disc one she would fill her part. she is made weak and srtong in some area cause she is only meant to be in disc one.peace

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 12:58 AM
I saw that the thread was degrading into another perpetual argument of stats and limit breaks. I tried to rectify the problem-in vain it seems. As this is the first time on the forums ever I have no idea what your talking about when you mention user notes and such. Please clarify.
Your User Notes (http://forums.eyesonff.com/usernote.php?do=viewuser&u=23960)

I'm not a guy. I'm a girl. Anyhow, I was also reffering in part to AC but I didn't see the need to point this out since AC is just a continuation of the game. By 'visits' I meant whenever she contacted Cloud, dreams, telepathy, call it what you will, whenever she contacted him, that is what I meant by 'visits'. You know whenever she talks to Cloud or something? That is what I am reffering to. And by 'coming back' I termed it as such because she is dead and she is-sort of-coming back from the dead to contact the living. I hope I have cleared up any of your confusion.
yep pretty much, but she 'visited' him to tell him to forgive himself, which I believe DID help him.

Well, that just depends on how you play the game now doesn't it. The first time I played the game, I found it tedious and MP expensive to keep her alive. As you become more skilled at the game, this problem doesn't show up as much.
I used her from the start, and I never had a problem keeping her alive.. btw isnt this talking about her fighting ability? What you said you didnt care about... if that is so then why are you argueing about it? :greenie:

She's not very clear when you first play the game, is she? But her vague speaking is not just limited to that one example. When you go back and play the game several more times, the pieces start to really fit together and she doesn't seem vague anymore. Nonetheless, she was vague. Vague to the main character (for he obviously doesn't know what the heck she's talking about) and vague to the player.
well IMO I did indeed thought it was strange, but come the revelation about his past it became all clear... not after 2 or 3 times, and I first played this game when it in 13 years old...

Since he was directly addressing me, I in turn directly addressed him. I asked why he posted here just because I was curious and it was a small attempt at humor. I never said he couldn't post here- I just asked why he went onto a hate Aeris thread if he dosen't hate Aeris.
well I should think that would be obvious, he wanted to express his opinion.

Your right ~Reno~- I should pick on you but it seems that Ryushikaze is getting his a$$ pwned pretty well. I've seen your previous work, and dont want to suffer the same fate as he-I'll have an extremly hard time winning. I know I'll have my hands full in an argument with you, So I was being wise for once.

Iv done some slight editing on this so it speaks the turth.

Dragon Mage
07-31-2006, 01:11 AM
yep pretty much, but she 'visited' him to tell him to forgive himself, which I believe DID help him.
For reasons why her 'visits' ended up doing some harm please refer to the other post I made explaining why.

I used her from the start, and I never had a problem keeping her alive.. btw isnt this talking about her fighting ability? What you said you didnt care about... if that is so then why are you argueing about it?

You brought it up and I answered your argument. That's all. I just wanted to get some things straight before moving on to the stuff I am concerned with. In fact you didn't even bring it up-Mobiletype did. So what are you arguing about?

Like I said, it was just a small attempt at humor. duh. or did you not see that?

well IMO I did indeed thought it was strange, but come the revelation about his past it became all clear... not after 2 or 3 times, and I first played this game when it in 13 years old...

So do you agree with me on how she can be vague? You have just proved my point when you said this.

Your right ~Reno~- I should pick on you but it seems that Ryushikaze is getting his a$$ pwned pretty well. I've seen your previous work, and dont want to suffer the same fate as he-I'll have an extremly hard time winning. I know I'll have my hands full in an argument with you, So I was being wise for once.

Ha ha ha. Keep making jokes. That'll win the war

That link didn't help me much.

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 01:23 AM
guys they made her the way she is cause she woul;d only be of use in disc one if they made her so power ful in disc onee it would ruin ur team for disc 2 to climb the snow mts. so if they didnt make her like the top of ur team but useful for disc one she would fill her part. she is made weak and srtong in some area cause she is only meant to be in disc one.peace
Exactly. She is made with flaws like a normal human being. But when one person has a mild protest of her character some others go on an all out battle to prove them wrong. *sigh* You seem to be the only neutral person here and I appreciate your trying to make peace here but I'm afraid some people just won't get the idea. Thanks anyways.
A mild protest? Hate is by no means a 'mild' word, and yes that SOME includes you, and considering YOU made the thread to begin with its your responsibility.

You brought it up and I answered your argument. That's all. I just wanted to get some things straight before moving on to the stuff I am concerned with. In fact you didn't even bring it up-Mobiletype did. So what are you arguing about?
Im mearly pointing out the fact that your being a Hypocrit, after stateing that you didnt want to disscuss IN NOOB LIKE CAPITAL LETTERS her fighting ability you then go on and rant about it...

Like I said, it was just a small attempt at humor. duh. or did you not see that?
Humor... oh right... HAHAHAHA YOUR SO FUNNY ROFLCOPPTER sorry about that... delayed reaction.

So do you agree with me on how she can be vague? You have just proved my point when you said this.
erm hello? I said all of that and all you read was I agree with you: you said you didnt understand it for 2 maybe 3 playthroughs.. obviously my 13y/o brain was more advanced then...

Ha ha ha. Keep making jokes. That'll win the war
ok then, if im makeing jokes and Ryu is 'Pwning' me, please point out where he has "Got one up" on me.

That link didn't help me much.

if you want to view your user notes ill do a quick explanation then.

Click on your name in any place that has it see pic1
http://i7.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/21j5fyt.jpg

then you can access you User Notes (see pic2)
http://i7.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/21j615d.jpg

Iv circled it incase you cant find it.

Hope this helped

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-31-2006, 01:25 AM
Erm hello, did you even read my post? I did not say the the people that havent played the game say that it is the best, only that it is SAID to be the best.. not what do you think that means... well regardless ill tell you anyway, it means that a very great deal of people talk about there faveriot games to thier friends which mean FFVII is VERY much liked and is most likely the most liked FF in the entire series. simple logic no?
Most liked FF != The best.

Role Playing Games used to be about creating a character and choosing how they interact with a fantasy world. The introduction of pre-developed characters in the majority of Console RPGs has pretty much defeated the purpose of the genre. FFVII, and cRPGs in general, probably belong more to the action/adventure genre than anything else.

Dragon Mage
07-31-2006, 01:47 AM
A mild protest? Hate is by no means a 'mild' word, and yes that SOME includes you, and considering YOU made the thread to begin with its your responsibility
WHAT are you going on about? Did you even read my post, boy?

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 02:03 AM
A mild protest? Hate is by no means a 'mild' word, and yes that SOME includes you, and considering YOU made the thread to begin with its your responsibility
WHAT are you going on about? Did you even read my post, boy?
the title of your thread clearly says hate, that is not a 'mild' protest by any means, maybe your shoud get some more english lessons before you say these things, I mean how many words have you mistaken now? and FYI im nearly 23 yeas old and altho i would love to be a meer boy, I am not.

Ryushikaze
07-31-2006, 05:30 AM
cant take advantage of it with 1 less slot in materia? of corse you can take for instance, say is she did live she could easyly take on Emerald weapon and win without breaking a sweat look KotR+HP Absorb (2slots) Mime+Counter (4slots) oh wow look at that, 4 slots for the ultimate materia comboi mean comeon, do you really need more then the 8slot Wizard Bangle for materia combo's? the answer is quite obviously no also lets not forget the master materia'swhich take up a measly 3 slots, then all you need he weapon slots for are E.Skill and Mega All (thats Independant and doesnt need to be pared with anything) so haveing 1 slot less is not a problem in the slightest.

I never said it made a big difference. It doesn't. Neither, however, does Aerith's top mag stat.

well thats your opinion, not really bothered if you like it or not.

How is liking it involved? It is both incredibly cheap and redundant for the time period it is available. There is such a thing as bringing the death star to blow up a house.

lets find out about that. link (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1803039#post1803039)

What's this supposed to prove? If not evidence that the populace disagrees with your definition, it's a red herring.

how is it an appeal to authority? I was mearly stateing a fact.

You used the opinion of a percieved authority as a point in your argument. That is the essence of the appeal to authority.

I agree with everything you said apart from 1 thing... I havent read a single post where someone says they should make Aerith reviveable.

Congratulations. You're an anomoly. Essays, fanfics, spammy posts on forums all across the net. Aerith fanboys clamour for her revival all the time.

D&D, Whitewolf, BESM, and other Pen and Paper RPGS. That, or kinky sex play. Pretty sure the intent was the former, though.

unsavory character? guy what the hell are you talking about? she is a flower girl for crying out loud, if you brought a flower girl that dressed and acted like Aerith your mum would most likely be very happy for you. I know my mum would.

Then tell her what she does for a living. She walks the streets of a major city, wearing front release, decollotage displaying clothing, propositioning strange men to buy flowers. She'd be very, VERY, worried.

tart ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tärt)
n.

A prostitute.
A woman considered to be sexually promiscuous.

Key word considered. In which case, yes, Tart is in fact a valid term, given that Dragoon considers her to BE promiscuous.

Xurts
07-31-2006, 06:01 AM
I would just like to add that ~Reno~'s browser looks fugly.

That is all.

Dr. Acula
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Aeris never was or never will get revived, she's dead and gone. I dont think in battle there actually dead, maybe outcold or near death or something. Her return would be cheep and ruin the emotion envolved.

She had very few actual lines in the game anyway, It stupid to hate a character and says shes annoying on the bases she says "Are you okay?" I dont see waves of people moaning Garnets a annoying tart for saying that.
I agree.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-31-2006, 10:41 AM
the The title of your thread clearly says hate, that is not a 'mild' protest by any means, . maybe Maybe your you shoud should get some more english English lessons before you say these things, I mean how many words have you mistaken now? and FYI im I'm nearly 23 yeas old and altho although i I would love to be a meer boy, I am not.
Perhaps people should make sure there are no glaring errors in their own posts before they criticize others.

chronic_Maniac
07-31-2006, 10:48 AM
In battle a character can get KO'ed, Knocked out, not killed. As for aeris, if your good at a rpg then you would know how to use her. Have her cast magic! Her limit breaks were one of a kind and shouldn't be tossed away as they suck. Using seal on bosses can reallly help if you don't level up and if you get level 2 then fury brand is the "cough". Level 3 is just heal and invinsible but level 4 will make any monster a wimp.

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Perhaps people should make sure there are no glaring errors in their own posts before they criticize others.
Glareing error's? at least I dont say a word means somthing completely different, she said tart was somthing it clearly is not. and if I did make grammer error's the message is still the same message. And please tell me, have you ever made any grammer mistakes? Id be surprised if the answer is no.

Plus let not forget that I have been without sleep for a number of night's, and as such the grammer error's do happen.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Probably, but I would at least make sure I hadn't made any errors myself before I pointed out someone else’s inadequate understanding of the English language.

And jftr, this thread IS a pretty mild form of protest. Acting as if a thread posted on some message board is anything but insignificant is rather ridiculous.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
If Aeris were alive, she would be very useful in the long run so then you wouldn't have to equip your characters with the Cure Materia but, you can if you want. Her limit breaks are good and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Dragon Mage
07-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Im mearly pointing out the fact that your being a Hypocrit, after stateing that you didnt want to disscuss IN NOOB LIKE CAPITAL LETTERS her fighting ability you then go on and rant about it...

I am not one to leave an argument wide open without concluding it. I'm paranoid that way. Tying up loose ends. Besides Mobiletype asked me a question and I answered it.

erm hello? I said all of that and all you read was I agree with you: you said you didnt understand it for 2 maybe 3 playthroughs.. obviously my 13y/o brain was more advanced then...
NO. Please observe one of my previous posts:

When you go back and play the game several more times, the pieces start to really fit together and she doesn't seem vague anymore.
Where does it say that after I played it again I still didn't understand her? Nowhere. I clearly stated that as you play the game a few more times the pieces of this puzzle fall into place and she doesn't seem vague anymore. If you don't believe me go back and read the post over again. I merely wanted to confirm that this facet of this argument has been settled, so we can move on and concentrate more on other issues. That is all. And if you failed to understand that I did in fact understand what the Aeris was talking about the second time I played the game, well then there is no help for you on this earth. I hope I've cleared up any of your confusion.

ok then, if im makeing jokes and Ryu is 'Pwning' me, please point out where he has "Got one up" on me.
*sigh* sarcasm is lost on some people. bty if you had to edit my post like that, that must mean that your losing, causing you to make a stupid and childish edit like that to boost your already insigifigant ego. Ryu is pawning you but obviously you just don't realize it. Yet.

Humor... oh right... HAHAHAHA YOUR SO FUNNY ROFLCOPPTER sorry about that... delayed reaction.
Nevermind. It wasn't directed towards you anyway. It's more of an inside joke and it was made in idle curiosity.

he title of your thread clearly says hate, that is not a 'mild' protest by any means, maybe your shoud get some more english lessons before you say these things, I mean how many words have you mistaken now? and FYI im nearly 23 yeas old and altho i would love to be a meer boy, I am not.
The title itself was to merely catch attention. If I made the title "For all people who mildly dislike Aeris because of her personality but not because of her battle abilities, stats, limit breaks, ect. and please don't post those things because I really wouldn't like that, Thank You!" it wouldn't really seem interesting, and the thread would promptly die. Even if I did people still have the right to post here, as you yourself so astutely pointed out. You also said that if it was made more clear that this thread is about Aeris' personality that you would post on it anyway as would others who would rant about her battle abilities. So it wouldn't make a difference.
Your 23?? Geez, you could've fooled me.

Plus let not forget that I have been without sleep for a number of night's, and as such the grammer error's do happen.
I've heard you mention this before. What are you, and insominac? Why aren't you sleeping?

I would just like to add that ~Reno~'s browser looks fugly.
LOL:)

If Aeris were alive, she would be very useful in the long run so then you wouldn't have to equip your characters with the Cure Materia but, you can if you want. Her limit breaks are good and shouldn't be taken for granted.
Agreed. But if she were alive throughout the game it would be extremly broken. Though it would be nice if she did live, because of her limit breaks. Since it would be so broken (Emerald and Ruby weapon would be considered easy kills) her limits would have to be watered down by an insane amount to balance it all out, which defeats the purpose. So her limits, sadly, wouldn't be the same as they are now if she were to survive. And I don't think anyone wants that!

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-31-2006, 09:54 PM
I know. But please respect her. You wouldn't want people to disrespect your favorite character.

Cookie
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
They should have made the game so that you could save her or let her die. Sort of like a way to get 2 different endings maybe. I think this would keep every one happy, no? Either way nobody can deny that it was a great game.

Dragon Mage
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't disrespect her!! In fact in an earlier post I said that I did respect her. I'm just saying that it would be a pity that her limit breaks would be weakened if she did survive, that's all. I'm agreeing with you, Pure Aerisbeauty7.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Sorry. I'm glad you agree with me.:)

Dragon Mage
07-31-2006, 10:14 PM
No prob.:)

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-31-2006, 10:22 PM
its just a game every has ones they love and hate im tired of this fussing stop

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
:). It's just that she's my favorite character. She's nice, sweet, and pretty and she wanted to help out. I was afraid at first to voice my opnions because I didn't want to get attacked by the Aerith Haters, but I wanted people to understand that she wanted to help Cloud and the others to save the world. I forgive you.:)

Carl the Llama
07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
I am not one to leave an argument wide open without concluding it. I'm paranoid that way. Tying up loose ends. Besides Mobiletype asked me a question and I answered it.
Fair enough

When you go back and play the game several more times, the pieces start to really fit together and she doesn't seem vague anymore.
Where does it say that after I played it again I still didn't understand her? Nowhere. I clearly stated that as you play the game a few more times the pieces of this puzzle fall into place and she doesn't seem vague anymore. If you don't believe me go back and read the post over again. I merely wanted to confirm that this facet of this argument has been settled, so we can move on and concentrate more on other issues. That is all. And if you failed to understand that I did in fact understand what the Aeris was talking about the second time I played the game, well then there is no help for you on this earth. I hope I've cleared up any of your confusion.
My confusion? It is you who is obviously confused about several (sorry couldnt resist) words in the English dictionary:

sev·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (svr-l, svrl)
adj.
Being of a number more than two or three but not many: several miles away.
Oh now would you look at that... Your wrong again.

*sigh* sarcasm is lost on some people. bty if you had to edit my post like that, that must mean that your losing, causing you to make a stupid and childish edit like that to boost your already insigifigant ego. Ryu is pawning you but obviously you just don't realize it. Yet.
Oh now what a suprise, I ask you to show me where he has 'got one up' on me and you cant deliver... now what do you supose that means... Oh right, you cant find any. Oh and since when did my ego have anything to do with it, each arguement iv put forward has nothing to do with ego, but facts.

The title itself was to merely catch attention. If I made the title "For all people who mildly dislike Aeris because of her personality but not because of her battle abilities, stats, limit breaks, ect. and please don't post those things because I really wouldn't like that, Thank You!" it wouldn't really seem interesting, and the thread would promptly die. Even if I did people still have the right to post here, as you yourself so astutely pointed out. You also said that if it was made more clear that this thread is about Aeris' personality that you would post on it anyway as would others who would rant about her battle abilities. So it wouldn't make a difference.
You say that its just the title but thats not true you said:

I just really hated Aeris. She was such a tart. She was vague, annoying, weak, and just a pain in the but overall. The only thing good about her was that her limit breaks were basically free cures and free limit breaks . that was it. As a matter of fact, I laughed when she died!
Now lets analyse this a second.
You: I just really hated Aerith
Oh now would you look at that, so you do hate her.
You: She was a tart.
Now where does she act like a prostitute or a person of a sexually promiscuous nature? oh yea thats right. She didn't.
You: She was vague, annoying, weak
Please tell me, is this you citeing the fact that she isnt very good in battle? or that you think her will is weak? Well it doesnt matter both would be untrue statments, but mind you now I have pointed this out you will probly say its the latter so I dont prove your a hypocrit. Again.
You: I laughed when she died.
Now to me I think thats you being disrespectful to Aerith... didn't you just say that you respected her... Oh right, your trying not to get other people on your case... I see, cunning plan.

Wel as I have proven, fooling you obviously isnt very hard. Btw how old are you exactly? If I had to guess id say 14.

I've heard you mention this before. What are you, and insominac? Why aren't you sleeping?
Believe me its not through choice I stay awake: as I said in previous posts I have a gum infection, my tooth hurts really bad and now to top it all off I now have a swolen throat.

Dragon Mage
08-01-2006, 02:25 AM
My confusion? It is you who is obviously confused about several (sorry couldnt resist) words in the English dictionary:
Clarify. YOU'RE not making sense here.

Wel as I have proven, fooling you obviously isnt very hard. Btw how old are you exactly? If I had to guess id say 14.

Let me rephrase that: You're 22? Geez, you could've fooled me.

Now lets analyse this a second.
You: I just really hated Aerith
Oh now would you look at that, so you do hate her.
You: She was a tart.
Now where does she act like a prostitute or a person of a sexually promiscuous nature? oh yea thats right. She didn't.
You: She was vague, annoying, weak
Please tell me, is this you citeing the fact that she isnt very good in battle? or that you think her will is weak? Well it doesnt matter both would be untrue statments, but mind you now I have pointed this out you will probly say its the latter so I dont prove your a hypocrit. Again.
You: I laughed when she died.
Now to me I think thats you being disrespectful to Aerith... didn't you just say that you respected her... Oh right, your trying not to get other people on your case... I see, cunning plan.

It's a friggin' Greek tragdedy! That's partially the reason why I laughed. It's irony, perfect, bitter irony. Kind of at the point where one says "Ha! Great, now what're they gonna pull out of their sleeves? For crying out loud..." All said in a rather sarcastic tone.
When I first heard the term 'tart' it was made sure that I understood that it meant a bitter/unsavory character. Sense I learned this in school, you can see why I did not entirely know that it meant a prositute ect. So forgive me if the word has been misused. I don't hate Aeris so much as to call her a slut. Only the lowest of the low hold that title.
I've already explained my reasons for why I think she is vague, annoying and weak. Please don't make me repeat myself.

Oh now what a suprise, I ask you to show me where he has 'got one up' on me and you cant deliver... now what do you supose that means... Oh right, you cant find any.
There is so much evidence that it's simply too much to explain to you. I'd be typing for hours. Go back and read the thread over again, and you'll see some gaps in your arguments.

Nope, I'm not 14. Guess again!!!!
And sorry to hear about your gum infection. That must really suck.
Thanks for that explaination as well.

Dr. Acula
08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
:). It's just that she's my favorite character. She's nice, sweet, and pretty and she wanted to help out. I was afraid at first to voice my opnions because I didn't want to get attacked by the Aerith Haters, but I wanted people to understand that she wanted to help Cloud and the others to save the world.
Don't worry about people attacking you. I'm sure no-one is THAT fanatical about hating Aeris that they'd say " OMG, you like AERIS? You're so STOOPID!!!"* I must admit that Aeris definately isn't on my fave character list, but I'm starting to like her better now.

*Now that's crazy.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Thank you.

Distain
08-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I can't belive that this whent on for this long:p

Dragon Mage
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Tell me about it. This is my very first thread ever and I have started a flame war.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm glad it ended. I'm glad we are all not fighting anymore.:) :kaocheer:

Carl the Llama
08-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I wouldnt consider this a "flame war" lol just a.... heated disscussion lol

Dragon Mage
08-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Well this is the last time I throw a grenade into a forum.

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-02-2006, 01:27 AM
so let5s put this threaed to rest

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 08:31 AM
One mor thing, if u r an Aeris and u posted here, u shouldn't hav cuz that's wut started the whole argument. It was a pretty bad idea if u r an Aeris fan u posted here...

Dr. Acula
08-02-2006, 08:36 AM
so let5s put this threaed to rest
Yes, let's.

Dragon Mage
08-03-2006, 01:44 AM
So this is how a thread is offically retired, huh? Cool.

Miriel
08-03-2006, 07:40 PM
This thread is done.