PDA

View Full Version : New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie!

Dreddz
07-22-2006, 01:34 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f8dpXBaM6D8&search=Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20Movie
I was hoping for another live action movie but this looks cool enough....

Shoeberto
07-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Can't say I'm crazy about the redesign of the turtles, but eh, it might grow on me.

Also, let the flamewar about the vain attempt of promoting nonviolence by renaming the European release of TMNT as TMHT begin!

I Took the Red Pill
07-22-2006, 03:06 AM
It doesn't look too attractive to me, but I'll have to see it purely out of nostalgia.

Kirobaito
07-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Looks pretty cool. I don't think it can even begin to compare to the awesomeness of the first two TMNT movies no matter how good it is, but I'll be hopeful.

lovehurts
07-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Cg...ruined.

If only it were live action.

XxSephirothxX
07-22-2006, 04:38 AM
I thought it was a really well-done trailer, and they actually act like ninjas for once. The CG was good, and I'm sad that it's not like the old movies, because I've grown up loving the Ninja Turtles, and it's hard to accept anything new. I think I can accept the graphics; the script will make-or-break this movie.

lovehurts
07-22-2006, 05:02 AM
I thought it was a really well-done trailer, and they actually act like ninjas for once. The CG was good, and I'm sad that it's not like the old movies, because I've grown up loving the Ninja Turtles, and it's hard to accept anything new. I think I can accept the graphics; the script will make-or-break this movie.

Live action was great. I grew up loving the older movies which actually there were 3 and one fake one added in to make 4. All live action. I loved them all so very much. I loved the cartoon. When I got older I still liked to watch them, I still do watch them. I admitt though that I was extrememly statsified while watching these movies considering that all the turttles were real ninjas under neath those costumes. Real martial artist wearing these heavy heavy turttle suits doing flips in the air and so on. Very impressive. It was all real martial arts and that had always been half the pleasure for me. Now its all fake and cg...here comes turttles running up walls like spiderman ...flying 200 feet in jumps....its already ruined. The trailer already showed lame action due to the lame cg . It will be tottally fake and tottally wrong for me. I dont even know if Ill be able to watch this movie. Cg movies are getting really old for me. I hope the trend dies. Cg ruins movies. Every Cg movie I see throws physics and reality way out the window. I would love to see a live action turttle movie with real ninjas and real stunts....this isnt my type of movie coming out though. I think this is eye sore to the franchise.

Peegee
07-22-2006, 09:04 PM
CG will allow for more freedom. Looking forward to this.

lovehurts
07-22-2006, 09:28 PM

But itll be so very fake. I dont like watching a movie when there inst large concepts in a movie that are unbelievebale and I just accept but in instead there are outrageous cg stunts or situations in the movie that I tottally have to disagree with every time I see them.

SnoopyG
07-23-2006, 12:28 AM
The turtles looks more froggish if you cant see the shell

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Live action was great. I grew up loving the older movies which actually there were 3 and one fake one added in to make 4. All live action. I loved them all so very much. I loved the cartoon. When I got older I still liked to watch them, I still do watch them. I admitt though that I was extrememly statsified while watching these movies considering that all the turttles were real ninjas under neath those costumes. Real martial artist wearing these heavy heavy turttle suits doing flips in the air and so on. Very impressive. It was all real martial arts and that had always been half the pleasure for me. Now its all fake and cg...here comes turttles running up walls like spiderman ...flying 200 feet in jumps....its already ruined. The trailer already showed lame action due to the lame cg . It will be tottally fake and tottally wrong for me. I dont even know if Ill be able to watch this movie. Cg movies are getting really old for me. I hope the trend dies. Cg ruins movies. Every Cg movie I see throws physics and reality way out the window. I would love to see a live action turttle movie with real ninjas and real stunts....this isnt my type of movie coming out though. I think this is eye sore to the franchise.
This, is exactly how I feel. CG is just another crappy trend. But I will still probably go see, just for the fact that it is Ninja Turtles.

Marshall Banana
07-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Haha, Michelangelo <3.

Looks neat to me. I miss the turtles, and I just watched the older films for the first time in years last week or so.

Timber Maniac
07-23-2006, 03:26 AM
I can't say I'm all that excited about the new. I'm sure it will appeal to the younger crowd, but I don't see this as drawing in much interest from the older, more nostalgia ridden types.

NINJA_Ryu
07-23-2006, 03:38 AM
"You dirty rat....you killed my brother...."

That was the most hilarious thing i heard in a movie when i saw the first TMNT, and this movie, eh, will prolly be a slash to the franchise, but ill give it a shot, but not a 20 dollar shot that is....

Netflix ftw!

MecaKane
07-23-2006, 03:51 AM

But itll be so very fake. I dont like watching a movie when there inst large concepts in a movie that are unbelievebale and I just accept but in instead there are outrageous cg stunts or situations in the movie that I tottally have to disagree with every time I see them.
If you want realism go watch Ong Bak, or something. This movie is about friggen turtles who are big and can talk.

lovehurts
07-23-2006, 05:43 AM

If you want realism go watch Ong Bak, or something. This movie is about friggen turtles who are big and can talk..
I said that I can acept the large concepts of a movie...The concept they are muttated turttles fine I accept that is what the movie is. But the many many fake cg stunts that will be non stop throughout the movie will ruin the whole entire movie. I can acept mutated turttles but Im sure that the action to this movie will ruin the movie fr me just like it did in advent children,.

Agent Proto
07-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Geez, why are you so upset about the movie being CG? Just think of it as animation that just happened to be Computer generated. Well, sure it may ruin the aspect of the movie, but would you think real actors will want to go through doing the kind of stunts the turtles will be undoubtly doing in this movie wearing the costumes? Probably not, so doing CG is an alternate way of doing that, and plus, it looks pretty interesting. Sure, if you don't plan on seeing this movie, that's fine with me, but telling everyone not to simply because the Cging may ruin the movie, is pushing it. :)

lovehurts
07-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Geez, why are you so upset about the movie being CG? Just think of it as animation that just happened to be Computer generated. Well, sure it may ruin the aspect of the movie, but would you think real actors will want to go through doing the kind of stunts the turtles will be undoubtly doing in this movie wearing the costumes? Probably not, so doing CG is an alternate way of doing that, and plus, it looks pretty interesting. Sure, if you don't plan on seeing this movie, that's fine with me, but telling everyone not to simply because the Cging may ruin the movie, is pushing it. :)

I have not told anyone not to see it. I said that Im not going to be able to watch it most likely. I strongly disagree with the film being cg but I didnt say that you couldn't appreciate it for yourself. I might argue with you though if you told me that I should and that cg is best,

boris no no
07-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Hmmmm, dunno how to feel about this
It could be awesome, but then again they could totally rape the original idea and make it into a pile of dog poo.
I'm hoping its not the latter.
I grew up watching the turtles, I was obsessed. So it had better be good as not to dissapoint older fans such as myself

Pure Strife
07-23-2006, 11:50 AM
The end of that trailer was great. I'll go see it cause I'm a geek :)

Rocket Edge
07-23-2006, 09:46 PM
I enjoyed that. Cant wait for the movie now!

DeathKnight
07-23-2006, 11:45 PM
It looks ALRIGHt....not great though....the turtles look kinda........skinny and look more like frogs/toads than turtles....:nonono:

I'll try to download an FMV of the TMNT's game for the gamecube and I'll show you how much better it looks than that crappy FMV/movie.

bipper
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
!!!!!!!

Someone, somewhere, will be getting a lot of my love for this. CG or not, whatever! Its the freakin ninja turtles man! Now if they would bring back the olds school arcade styled games...

edczxcvbnm
07-24-2006, 08:11 PM
!!!!!!!

Someone, somewhere, will be getting a lot of my love for this. CG or not, whatever! Its the freakin ninja turtles man! Now if they would bring back the olds school arcade styled games...

Hellz yeah! I viewed the trailer and I got pumped. Maybe there will be an actual technodrome and stuff in the movie :D

bipper
07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Metradome, Bebop (Zomg Pig with Moahawkz (not nik0tine).) and rocksteady, Craig the brain, <b>Neutrinos!</b>, etc!

That would be nice to see them draw out the roots a little more :) Though this will follow that new hi-tech storyline them dern kids are so into.

Bipper

Dark Angel From Heaven
07-24-2006, 08:26 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f8dpXBaM6D8&search=Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20Movie
I was hoping for another live action movie but this looks cool enough....
awww i grew up on them, im mad they re made em, they shuld bring back the old ninja turtels. << i love they one with the swords, they were all names after famouse people in history. artests ^^ i miss em *wips a tear from my eye* i seen all the movies. the old ones. there wicked sweet ^^

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-24-2006, 08:32 PM
looks worth watchin, cgi was bearable

Shlup
07-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Ehehe, they're skinny.

I will go on a date to see it with my husband and have candy.