PDA

View Full Version : Is Celes an optional character?

Northcrest
07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
Okay so I'm looking around following the eoff walkthrough 4 FF VI. I get to South of Figaro and realize that I'm suppose to get Shadow up next so do I get Shadow and leave Celes or will Celes eventually pop up? :confused:

Mirage
07-22-2006, 04:12 AM
No, she is most definitely not. It's impossible not to recruit her, and you start alone with her at a crucial point in the story.

Northcrest
07-22-2006, 04:18 AM
In what area do u get Celes at?

FF_Chick
07-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Where are you at in the game first of all?

Mirage
07-22-2006, 12:11 PM
During Locke's scenario, after the river thing.

abrojtm
07-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Just follow the story, you will get her after the Empire takes over Figaro.

Rengori
07-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I havent' been through Locke's scenario in months, so I'm not a reliable source, but I think you have to fight a soldier or a merchant and steal their clothes for a disguise in battle. You can find a merchant in the shop and I think you have to get those before stealing the soldier's uniform to bypass security. Soon enough you'll find Celes.

Avarice-ness
07-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Oh god.. I almost cried seeing that thread title...

Celes is not optional. When you first get to South Figaro is when you meet shadow for the sake Shadow runs off alot, that's why you don't get him then. Plus Edgar's all "OMGHE'LLSLITHISMAMA'STHROATFORANICKLE" and they're all "OMG!!!" and so then you leave, go to Mt. Koltz, returners, Lete river, then the three Scenerios, There is -no- way to not get celes. The only way out of the big mansion you have to go to is through the basement because all the other exits are blocked by gaurds. Right before you walk infront of the first beam, it does one of those scenechanges on it's own and goes straight to Celes' thing. So no, Celes is not an optional character. =]

Zeromus_X
07-23-2006, 02:20 AM
I've heard there's some glich where if Lock (somehow) gets past the imperial guards in the scenario, Celes gets replaced by a moogle. What's up with that?

Avarice-ness
07-23-2006, 02:30 AM
I've heard there's some glich where if Lock (somehow) gets past the imperial guards in the scenario, Celes gets replaced by a moogle. What's up with that?
Who knows. I had a copy of FFV where you -couldn't- beat the dragon in the floating ruins, Hp wouldn't register, basically you'd hit with an invisible number, My new copy doesn't have that glitch so it might just be a random bug. Really, he could just walk past the door, he only got curious because he looked in the door, but he would have had to have grabbed the clock key from the sleeping gaurd, and Celes is in the room with him, it'd change the story line. "Hey there" "Save me?" "No I'm just here to collect the clock key, Have a nice day" ".. Okay."

Zeromus
07-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Okay so I'm looking around following the eoff walkthrough 4 FF VI. I get to South of Figaro and realize that I'm suppose to get Shadow up next so do I get Shadow and leave Celes or will Celes eventually pop up? :confused:

Wah... dont play with walkthroughs... that sucks!