PDA

View Full Version : No wound, no scar...no explanation

Lionheart_587
07-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I haven't played FFVIII for a very long time now, but something that i never understood came back to me when i watched my brother play today.

The part i'm talking about is when Squall is impaled by one of Edea's ice shards at the end of disk 1.

Then later after the dream sequence Squall wakes up in jail and has no recollection of what happened after he was injured.

So what really did happened?:confused:

IceAngel
07-22-2006, 02:25 PM
I think he did remember because he says 'My wound...' then something else....

Mirage
07-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Yes, he was surprised that he wasn't wounded.

rubah
07-22-2006, 04:00 PM
if seifer's fire spell didn't char his face, why would edea's ice magic leave a wound?

magic just isn't physical~

Sir Bahamut
07-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Also, it seems likely that Edea (Ultimecia) healed him so he would be ready for interrogation.

Qurange
07-22-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd say that Edea's magic probably /was/ physical, since she was a Sorceress and it was an FMV, /but/...

She wanted to interrogate him, so she healed him. Normal para-magic couldn't; her magic probably could. Either that, or we just don't see under his shirt.

IceAngel
07-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Maybe it was like one of those toy dagger things that retracks when u put it up against something. Squalls mind was probably playing tricks on him.....maybe.

King-Killer
07-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Well,
As you can see in the movie.
Squall was pierced through the right side and not the left.
His heart have been spared.
Meaning, she didn't want to see him dead. (What Else?)

SeeDRankLou
07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Well,
As you can see in the movie.
Squall was pierced through the right side and not the left.
His heart have been spared.
Meaning, she didn't want to see him dead. (What Else?)
Well, it didn't really look like she was aiming all that well, I mean only one of them actually hit anyone. She had just been beaten up by some SeeDs, so she wasn't in perfect form when she did that either. But I can imagine either Edea or Seifer healed Squall for interrogation (and magically fixed his shirt while they were there).

hplvr
07-28-2006, 02:52 AM
maybe, they were special kinds of magic that didnt hurt him or scar Squall, they just made him pass out, then wake up in a certain amoutn of time later
and i tend to nto study where they hit lol

vampirepiggyhunter7
07-28-2006, 03:32 AM
It's magic.

Big D
07-28-2006, 03:34 AM
Curative magic, surely. Curaga, Full-Life or something. Notice that neither Seifer nor Squall needs stitches on their head wounds at the start? They're both fine within hours. Some kind of magic would've been used to aid the healing process. Edea's magic is even stronger, since she's a sorceress, so her healing would be greater too. Healing Squall's wound would leave him alive and well for interrogation.

Besides, we all know that getting stabbed in the shoulder by your nemesis is the key to survival in Final Fantasy. Just ask Cloud.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 03:42 AM
I dont think that Seifer would have let anybody else finish Squall he hated him too much.

licence
07-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I'd probably say he was cured. Annnnd we never know if he has a scar or not seeing as he always has clothes on.

Eiko Guy
07-29-2006, 06:41 PM
no her magic is real or wjen you use her in a battle you wouldnt hurt any one with her limit break

Darkwing Bahamut
07-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Maybe he was healed in the 'dream world' as Laguna in Winhill.

Zeromus_X
07-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Besides, we all know that getting stabbed in the shoulder by your nemesis is the key to survival in Final Fantasy. Just ask Cloud.

abrojtm
07-30-2006, 08:55 PM
The same reason that your characters and the monsters don't bleed profusely all over the battlefield.

Lynx
07-30-2006, 09:01 PM
edea probably snapped out of ultimecia's control and healed him because before she was ever possessed she did take care of squall and cared for him. maybe her emotions were stronger then ultimecias control?