PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 2

Psydekick
07-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Is there anyone here who is as obbsessed with Street Fighter 2 as much as i am, i think it is possibly one of the best fighting games ever!

What do you think?:spin:

Dreddz
07-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Definately a classic and a great fighting game, I prefer Street Fighter 3 over it but I go back to SF2 now and again. I mainly challenge myself into fighting Akuma, not so much of a challenge now but I also do it for nostalgia reasons.

Alive-Cat
07-22-2006, 06:17 PM
It's a great game, but a little old. Now I'm not against old games, but fighting games are harder and more advanced now than they used to be, so I'd rather play a newer Street Fighter game.

KentaRawr!
07-22-2006, 06:42 PM
I get obsessed with it easily. I just pick it up, and suddenly I start playing. I then play for hours and hours...

It traps me.

Spatvark
07-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I used to spend hours and hours playing Street Fighter 2: Special Championship Edition on the Megadrive/Genesis with my brother. So much love for that game. Never liked a version of SF more than that one, though the arcade versions come close.

DK
07-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Street Fighter is one of the greatest game series of all time, in terms of gameplay, characters and impact on the gaming industry and fighting games in general. Needless to say, I love it.

DeathKnight
07-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Couldn't agree more, leave it all, leave it raaaaaw! leave it be~! It will ALWAYS be a GREAT game. It's funny, I've been playing Super Street Fighter for a month almost every day:D .......it's just when you listen to the music and the HADOKEN! and you get into the characters EASILY....you just start to love every aspect of it and it traps you as Kentarou said

Psydekick
07-23-2006, 10:35 AM
lol it is incredibly funny,Chun Li's Shin Shan kick always makes me laugh:D

Dreddz
07-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Errrmm do you mean Sen'en Shuu ?

moldybread
07-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Haven't played it in a while, love it. Especially the things they say after someone's won :D. What's something Ken might say, "Go home and be a family man"? I was using Chun Li, yay!

Lionx
07-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Still a huge fan of Capcom vs SNK 2 which is mainly Street Fighter vs King of Fighters with a few thrown in here and there. Two games that i love, combined into a very deep game. Its all about the competition. <3

Psydekick
07-23-2006, 02:32 PM
That upside down kick she does

Dreddz
07-23-2006, 02:39 PM
That upside down kick she does
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/184/spinningbirdkickpq0.png

Psydekick
07-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Thats the one that is so funny!:laugh:

Medi
07-23-2006, 06:00 PM
What does she say when she does that skill? My siblings and I have always debated it. I go with Brinstar Kick for Metroid reference. Splendid game, btw

KentaRawr!
07-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Spinning Vas of Kick? :D?

SuperNatural
07-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm upsessed with Street Fighter II. I love the games, I watch have all the Street Fighter II V episodes on DVD, and I'm in love with Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Ryu, Ken, Guile, Blanka, Chung Li, Bison, Balrog, Vega, Dhalsim,... such a great cast. My favorite of all fighters, but then again I'm completely bias. ;)

Roto13
07-23-2006, 08:54 PM
It's the first fighter I played that I liked.

Polnareff
07-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Chun-li's upside down kick is called Spinning Bird Kick. That's also what she says when she does it.

And Guile's the one who says "Go home and be a family man."

But yeah, SF2 got me into multiplayer games, period. The characters, gameplay, and story of SF2 are unmatched, in my opinion. What I like about the gameplay is its freedom. It's been like 14 or 15 years and people that still play it still discover new combos in the game.

SF3 came along and made it even better.

Mattokenzi
07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I like Akuma (yes I know he is from alpha)
http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/juegos/PlayStation2-Arcade/90/IMG-cw4401154acfaaa/big_duelope.jpg

JKTrix
07-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I've been wanting to play this again for a while. I don't know where the heck my 'Anniversary Collection' disappeared to.
Street Fighter 2 is coming to Xbox Live next week, really looking forward to that--regardless if the online sucks, I can still download it for free. I have an arcade stick for my 360 already.

Akuma 'first' appears in the later versions of Street Fighter 2. Street Fighter Alpha takes place between SF1 and 2. Also note than in Alpha, Ryu's headband is white while in SF2 it's red. Ken gives Ryu his red 'hairband' before the events of Street Fighter 2 (watch the movies).