PDA

View Full Version : noob questions

Cruise Control
07-22-2006, 06:04 PM
I have a few questions, a friend left me with the impression that if I get to a certain Disc by (I think its 30 hours), I get an uber weapon.

Is there an auto-haste, that ATB sucks.

How do I learn new abilities for my chocobo, I was enjoying chocographs until I realized the feild ability just doesn't cut it.

Necronopticous
07-22-2006, 06:20 PM
You get the Excalibur II if you make it to what is essentially the end of the game in 12 hours, and it's ridiculous to even attempt it on your first try. There is no way you'll accidently do it.

There is auto-haste.

Keep finding chocographs, and eventually you will earn new abilities for your chocobo.

Cruise Control
07-22-2006, 06:40 PM
LOL. I've got fifteen hours and I just beat Beatrix. DAMN YOU TETRA MASTER. I thought it was the end of disk three in thirty, and I thought that was manageable.

How do I go about getting auto-haste. I'm about to ride the gargan-roo.

abrojtm
07-22-2006, 06:43 PM
It's pretty much impossible to get Excalibur II. You have to pretty much tap X through all mandatory text and skip any optional text. No time to gain levels or anything, people even make themselves skip CG scenes by removing the disc.

Cruise Control
07-22-2006, 06:49 PM
That's terrible. And removes any point in playing the game.

Necronopticous
07-22-2006, 06:55 PM
It's not meant to be practical to get on accident. It's an incentive to do a speed challenge, and a complete bonus to veterans of the game.

Cruise Control
07-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Fine, my last noob question (for now), is how deo I get auto-haste?

Necronopticous
07-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Running Shoes are a good bet, but you won't get them for awhile.

boys from the dwarf
07-23-2006, 08:35 AM
excalibur 2 rob the enjoyment from the game so DONT try it on a first attempt. as for chocographs. just keep on searching. there are some guides online that tell you the location of the upgrades. the first upgrade to get the reef ability is near cleyra and the clue is pretty obvious.

Quindiana Jones
07-23-2006, 12:38 PM
This sites got a pretty good chocograph database. It's what I used. The Ocean one will always be a b***h to get to though.

Dell
07-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Actually, you can make your ATB fills faster, check your configuration.

TheSpoonyBard
07-23-2006, 07:04 PM
With 99 Speed and non-Haste, the character's ATB will fill instantly. However, the maximum Speed in a normal game is 50, but only Zidane and Beatrix can achieve this. With 50 Speed, Haste status and the ATB set to Fast, you shouldn't have to wait long at all for a turn in battle.

The first opportunity you have of obtaining Auto-Haste is from Tantarian in the Alexandria Library on disc 2, though you may wish to wait 'til disc 3 for that battle.

Kiwi Nazi
07-24-2006, 07:39 PM
If you wanted to do that speed challenge, don't forget there was always that bug that you could abuse. don't remember the name/details of it. But u skipped alot of stuff(i think it used the chocobo in some way), the only problem was that dagger stays in that one mood where she sucks alot...

Yeah, i don't even know what i just said...