PDA

View Full Version : Can't Choose. Choose For Me.

Ryth
07-23-2006, 05:56 AM
I want to buy a new game but I can't decide between Okage: Shadow King and Vagrant Story. I don't know what to choose. So I've made the decision to let the members of EoFF choose for me. So, Okage: Shadow King or Vagrant Story?

Agent Proto
07-23-2006, 06:03 AM
I voted Vagrant Story. I heard much good things about the game that even I want to give it a shot. Too bad I haven't yet, so maybe you could do that and get the game for yourself.

Black Mage
07-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Vagrant Story's a masterpiece, but it's not for everyone. I'd choose that, but only because I haven't played Okage, despite hearing good things.

Rostum
07-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Vagrant Story is very nice, and the intro just rocks.

DeathKnight
07-23-2006, 08:22 AM
I've got BOTH games and I can tell you EASILY that Okage is better.

Vagrant story can get boring easily, SPECIALLY when all you do is fight:( :( :( and the fighting system ain't that great either :mad:

Cz
07-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Vagrant Story's gameplay mechanics are rather dated by today's standards, but it's still a game that everyone should play. You can pick it up really cheap if you know where to look, too.

Slothy
07-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I've heard too many people say Vagrant Story is amazing to not reccomend it, especially when I've played some Okage and it was nothing special really. Vagrant Story is one of the few games that if the opportunity arose to buy it and I had no money, I'd sell a kidney.

DK
07-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Vagrant Story kicks ass.

Spatvark
07-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Vagrant Story has a fairly steep learning curve with the whole weapon stats system, but if you can get to grips with that, the gameplay is pretty good. Add to that the utterly awesome storyline, the best I've ever come across in a game, plus all the replay incentives, I find it hard to put ANY game above Vagrant Story. There are few I like more.